• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Alpha Eevee
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    Just hatched a shiny Eevee.
    IVs 30/31/31/31/31/31

Parents were japanese ditto with IVs
    10/21/30/31/28/31
    and native flareon with IVs
    30/30/30/30/30/30

:p

WeavySean

Weavile Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    I just caught two shiny Pokemon! In the same hour! :D

First was a shiny Gastly, which I found randomly in the Old Chateau. Then with the Poke-Radar, I found a shiny Bibarel! How awesome!

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I was wondering: When should you SR when trying to get a shiny event? Is it after you recieve it from the mailman or right after you use Mystery Event?

Alpha Eevee
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    I don't think you can get a shiny event in the 4th gen games. They have a shiny checker from what I hear.
    The only one that you can possibly have a shiny of is manaphy, and thats after trading the egg before it hatches to another game with a different SID. So you have 1 in 8192 chance of having that. theres not really any way to soft reset for it since the SID will only change once upon receiving the egg.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    Does this mean that if it's turned into a Scizor, the Scizor will be shiny as well?

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
  • Chaining still has an apect of luck until around 40 aaron. This didnt have to do with the chain as much as dumb luck, so dont give up on the chaining. It takes patience.

Years
  • Neat!
    Talk about a lucky catch eh? :P
    I have a question though...does a shiny pokemon have any bonus besides just being a fancy color? I've heard they get great stats...but I've also heard it's just the color.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    Neat!
    Talk about a lucky catch eh? :P
    I have a question though...does a shiny pokemon have any bonus besides just being a fancy color? I've heard they get great stats...but I've also heard it's just the color.
    Just the colour, and the sparkles that come with it.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Yup, yup. No statistical diffrences (I always thought that would be cool though:p) Maybe a bit unfair:D

Back