• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    You can simply just save before you choose your starter. That way you won't have to go through the whole intro over and over.

Years
    My first shiney was a Wooper in the Safari zone in Diamond, nothing to special. T'was weird though because I was getting bored and decided to leave and was getting frustrated with all the encounters, ran into something else and was like "Oh well at least it might be shiney" turns out it was, just wish it was something a little more exotic.

My second was a Pikachu I got given for free by someone on GameFAQs, and it was holding a lucky egg which leads me to think it was either hacked or the guy was feeling really generous.

My third was a Gastly who now resides on my team as a Gengar, fully EV trained. I found him by pure chance when EV training something else in the Old Chateu.

I have recently been trying to chain for a Shiney Skarmory but to no avail, as a result I have come to develop an unspeakable hatred for Rhydon.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 12, 2019
    Hmm.. I currently have a box of chained shinies in Diamond. Not sure if I'll continue chaining.

I SR'd my first legendary shiny, OF Giratina in Platinum (Just 650 SRs =D)

RNG'd a shiny Mesprit, and then Uxie. I haven't got Azelf yet.

Recently RNG'd a shiny Cresselia (one of my favourite shinies <3) and now RNGing shiny eggs for a friend of mine ^^

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Hmm.. I currently have a box of chained shinies in Diamond. Not sure if I'll continue chaining.

I SR'd my first legendary shiny, OF Giratina in Platinum (Just 650 SRs =D)

RNG'd a shiny Mesprit, and then Uxie. I haven't got Azelf yet.

Recently RNG'd a shiny Cresselia (one of my favourite shinies <3) and now RNGing shiny eggs for a friend of mine ^^
    Yeah, I just RNG'd a shiny Drifloon egg today. I saved before it hatched, then hatched to make sure it was shiny. Restarted and traded the egg to SS so I could have a Shiny Drifloon with my ID. Well, it hatched, the hatch screen showed it as shiny. I went to the menu, it wasn't shiny anymore. D: I was like "Wtf? Touche Nintendo." Something in the game must prevent that. But all my other RNG shinies are still shiny since they were hatched in another game.

Now I chaining Zubat on Route 206 to trade over to SS.

Chain at 16. I will continually update this post even though no one cares.

Edit: I love how all my chains break right after I say the number it is at towards someone. But if I never say where it's at they always get to 40. :|

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
    The only shiny I have is a Ponyta I found on....er.....the route that never stops raining. ^-^;

And, that was a combo of dumb luck and me deciding I wouldnt go on with the game until I found one. So there I was, for 4 whole days, never reaching Veilstone....lol....

My chains, thusfar, have never gotten past 10-15. I havent been trying too immensely, but, I keep trying. I've yet to get a shiny from the Masuda method...but maybe that's because I'm trying it with rarer pokemon?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The only shiny I have is a Ponyta I found on....er.....the route that never stops raining. ^-^;

And, that was a combo of dumb luck and me deciding I wouldnt go on with the game until I found one. So there I was, for 4 whole days, never reaching Veilstone....lol....

My chains, thusfar, have never gotten past 10-15. I havent been trying too immensely, but, I keep trying. I've yet to get a shiny from the Masuda method...but maybe that's because I'm trying it with rarer pokemon?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkeKPlBYYbs

That is a video guide, helps a lot.

So, I just got a chain of 39. Guess who just broke that chain?

Edit: After PokeRadar ultimately angering me to the point where I want to douse it in oil and set it aflame, I RNG'd a shiny Zubat. :P Male..docile..yay

Last edited:

reyzn

Years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkeKPlBYYbs

That is a video guide, helps a lot.

So, I just got a chain of 39. Guess who just broke that chain?

Edit: After PokeRadar ultimately angering me to the point where I want to douse it in oil and set it aflame, I RNG'd a shiny Zubat. :P Male..docile..yay
    Geodude?
    I learned how to RNG because chaining was aggravating me. The chain would just break for no reason :(

Years
    Geodude?
    I learned how to RNG because chaining was aggravating me. The chain would just break for no reason :(

Chain's rarely break for no reason. There is always a small chance it will break at all times, but about 95% of the time, you triggered something that caused it to break. If you need extra help with chaining, click the link it my sig. The guide should help you.

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    Found some random shinies while out near Sandgem. I didn't have any Poke Balls, either, that was the kicker.

What the fruit? Shiny Pokemon stay shiny even when they evolve. I thought everyone knew that.

reyzn

Years
    Chain's rarely break for no reason. There is always a small chance it will break at all times, but about 95% of the time, you triggered something that caused it to break. If you need extra help with chaining, click the link it my sig. The guide should help you.

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Just caught a shiny Quagsire in the Safari Zone. Strange, it's the second shiny pokemon I encounter there randomly in a short period of time o_O Last time it was Marill.

Years
    I only just got my first shiny this morning. I was wandering through the grass and lo and behold, a shiny Shinx came right out. Its Yellow and I love Yellow.

Back