• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
Years
  • I just Chained my first shiny in diamond today I'm super proud of my self XD its a shiny delibird the first shiny pokemon i ever knew because of the one i caught on Crystal. :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Lesse... a Bit of an update since the last time I popped in here, and this time I'll be talking about shinies that are actually for this gen. XD

butyeah. I was in the grass, searching for a Buneary for whatever reason, and I had found my first shiny, a Budew~ It was in class so I couldn't squee about it, but I totally was on the inside.

And then later on, I decided to RNG a Shiny Bold Feebas for my team, and so I did. :D Pretty proud of myself~

Years
  • Shiny hatching help

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't find anything under search. Well, I have been reading a couple of threads and searching online, but still confused. How many eggs do you have to hatch until you get a shiny? Well, currently I am trying to hatch a shiny Croagunk. I appreciate any assistance you experts can provide.

Thanks..

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • It is random. But I think each egg is like a wild encounter. 1/8192 chance of being shiny.

But if you breed with a pokemon from another language game, (say Japanese Version) it's then cut to 1/2048. (Masuda Method)

CyberSamurai

Devoted Battler
    Years
  • so far ive caught only 5 shinies but ive never once chained. them being squirtle, zubat, bellsprout, roselia, and gyrados. but ive also gotten a torterra in a trade. so 6 shinies total =D

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I am posting this here because most were caught on Platinum. However, some were caught on other games. I am basically going to just say and show my shiny Pokemon.

THE PICTURES ARE BIG

Here is a list of my shiny Pokemon:

Slakoth -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Sentret -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Larvitar -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Mareep -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Shinx -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Snubbul -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Metagross -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar (Yay for chaining in sandstorm!)
    Spoiler:

Shellos East -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Gastrodon East -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Magnezon -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Rotom -- Caught in Platinum -- Breeding
    Spoiler:

Crobat -- Caught in Soul Silver -- Random
    Spoiler:

Combee -- Caught in Platinum -- Breeding
    Spoiler:

Glaceon -- Caught in Platinum -- Breeding
    Spoiler:

Kecleon -- Caught in Platinum -- Breeding
    Spoiler:

Spiritomb -- Caught in Platinum -- Breeding
    Spoiler:

Raikou -- Event
    Spoiler:

Suicune -- Event
    Spoiler:

Entei -- Event
    Spoiler:

Ludicolo -- Caught in Platinum -- Breeding
    Spoiler:

Relicanth -- Caught in Platinum -- Breeding
    Spoiler:

Magneton -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Roserade -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Cleffa -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Kecleon -- Caught in Platinum -- Breeding (Yes, two.)
    Spoiler:

Pachirisu -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Nidoking -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Infernape -- Caught in Platinum -- Breeding
    Spoiler:

Raichu -- Event
    Spoiler:

Whismur -- Caught in Emerald -- Random
    Spoiler:

Kirlia -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

Beedrill -- Caught in Platinum -- Breeding
    Spoiler:

Espeon -- Caught in Platinum -- PokeRadar
    Spoiler:

The markings show how I got it..I forgot to mark some. Like Mareep, who I got by PokeRadar. Yes these are all legit, no, I will never trade them.

Years
  • Your Very First Shiny in D/P/Pt

I just like to hear every1 first story of shiny capture in games so i figured id ask :)

ill also tell u my story.
    It was today and i was watchin videos on youtube of how to master the pokeradar & find shiny patches, i had a chain of 30 phanpy's and i didnt notice it (i have the original fat not as bright DS) and boom *sparkles* yay a phanpy "throws great ball" I'm a winner :)

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • It was a while a go so I can't remember all the details but I was walking through a cave and a shiny Geodude appeared. I've had more random shiny encounters than shiny patches.

Back