• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] The Old Characters Home

Years
  • We've likely all played numerous characters of varying different kinds. But we're probably not entirely happy with all of them. Are there any old characters of yours you'd like to revisit? What kind of RP would you slot them into? What would you do differently to make you feel better about them a second time around?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    if i ever rehashed my ol' trusty Aberdeen Montany, i'd dare to give him more of a quirky and perhaps somewhat problematic personality rather than just being a purposefully reckless Ash-clone.

i miss Ralph a lot, but she had a lot of story specific to that setting so not entirely sure i could use her in something else without changing her a great deal. perhaps it could work with just swapping out people from her past with whomever's fitting for the new setting.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I have a very obvious answer here, and most people who have roleplayed with me will probably see this coming, but it's Helene from Tocker Corp. (and also the 2021 Valentine's day event - in which she was a winner!)
    Coming back to roleplaying after a rather long break, right when I did, and settling on Helene as my character didn't make much sense back then, but it sure does now!

My plan was to make a character that fit in well with the setting of Tocker Corp. - and honestly, that is why I find it a bit hard to play as Helene in other roleplays - but, given what my characterization skills were like back then, that "plan" could have resulted in so many different characters or character archetypes all working well. The fact that Helene was the end result, and I still should use that word loosely, happened mostly due to my own instincts. Going onwards to questioning those instincts has made me get to know myself so much more as a person and it's rather funny to see how many aspects of Helene I have picked up and embraced myself.

This girl is a bit rash, maybe a bit vain, definitely fascinated by being a princess, but also very ambitious, keen on her self-care, and likes to rollerblade. In 2019... absolutely not, but by now I have ticked off a bunch of those boxes myself. I started skating, I have tried to be more proactive, and... just look at my flair <3

The story goes like this...

Tocker Corp. lasted just a few weeks and ended right after the introductory posts. On one hand, being unable to continue with that setting and finding very little opportunities to join roleplays that were similar in atmosphere and vibe was unfortunate, but on the other hand, I quickly realized that I didn't have that many plans for Helene to begin with and I could have likely done a way better job at playing as her with some more experience. Even after Tocker Corp. ended, I kept adding bits and pieces to Helene's character... and even now, it feels that out of all the characters I have created but don't use anymore, this girl right here is the one I miss the most by a landslide.

In fact, many characters I have made later on feel like an attempt to re-create a similar vibe to Helene's. Rayen (from Final Fantasy: Alternate) is probably the most blatant - I think I did a good job trying to change her background and certain traits of her personality, but in terms of looks there's not that big of a difference. However, if Helene felt already a bit difficult to write as, at least back then (mostly because she was meant to have a certain snarkyness and punch I couldn't always get through when writing her dialogues and mannerisms), Rayen turned that up to eleven. Courtney, a supporting character in Trainers, definitely feels like another attempt to channel that kind of personality and dialogue, just in a more fun and light-hearted way to also work within the setting of Trainers (Courtney is ten years younger than Helene too). The princess theme, if anything, has come up a few times for my main character in Trainers (and probably my favorite one - I should really get back to Trainers...), Arianne!

I used Helene in the Valentine's day event of 2021, and I already changed a few things there, not just to work better for the event but also to try and fix some of the things I had left unclear in her first sign-up. She may not be the deepest or most interesting character out there but I am happy with how she turned out there, and I could see myself picking up that younger version of Helene to play as in a future roleplay. But of course, it depends on the roleplay itself! At this point, I could change up just enough things to insert Helene in both a typical trainers' journey, or some sci-fi, thriller, dark roleplay, or even... I don't know. Slice of life stuff perhaps. The limit is how well I can write as her in actual posts, I suppose.

Last edited:
    Back