• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The OldRivalShipping Fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
    Zippies joining us? Horray, another member :)

Sorry for not being around to join your discussion guys but I have my Year 10 exams on and my School Certificates coming up so I have to study. I'll leave it to the co-owners to run the plaace while I'm away. I'll be back in a few weeks but I'll still be around the forum so I'm not totally gone, I just won't be able to run things.

Hope to be back, Haz

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    And they're going to be 17-18 too, now that's hot. ; )

Oh yeah ^^ and don't fret Haz it's all cool, School always messes with how active I am on pc and I'm sure things will remain under control here in your absence. (at least I hope)

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Salut zippie! a lot of fanart!
    Blue BETTER be in HG/SS arc. and Green, just for the pesky girl comments.
    I'm sure there will be a pesky girl / obnoxious woman / noisy woman comment at the end of the arc. Because that has always happened. :3

But it better not be the only thing that happens, though. XD As much as I love the comments, normal interaction is also win - and better, perhaps. <3 (Because it means more pages, hohoho)

Zippies joining us? Horray, another member :)

Sorry for not being around to join your discussion guys but I have my Year 10 exams on and my School Certificates coming up so I have to study. I'll leave it to the co-owners to run the plaace while I'm away. I'll be back in a few weeks but I'll still be around the forum so I'm not totally gone, I just won't be able to run things.

Hope to be back, Haz
    Good luck with everything, Haz!

And it's no prob, you can leave it to me to keep the place running! :3

Speaking of which.... I've already said it before, but please keep the one-liners to a minimum. It's not only more pleasant to read, but also good for the club. So keep that in mind!

Topic time! And I kinda thought of one.

Of which other relationship does Oldrival remind you?
    This is kinda vague - but you probably have read other manga or seen a bunch of anime. Is there a couple that is a bit like BluexGreen? Why?

I'm a bit of an anime/manga noob (the only ones I know are Pokémon and Death Note - and there are certainly no Oldrival look-a-likes there, heh.) But I do know a relationship that reminds me a bit of them: Chuck and Blair from Gossip Girl? Anyone watches that? Must be at least someone who knows it, at least.

My explantion of my choice in the spoiler! XD
    Spoiler:

Also have a different question, that is Oldrival-related but a bit off-topic still. Has anyone of you read my fics here? If yes, do you have a preferance when it comes to sequels? Cause I want to write one, but... I want to know what the people want who actually read my fics. If you could tell me or vote in the poll on my FF account, I'd be happy! :3
    (At the moment it goes between two fics, but I'm not gonna say which. >D)

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014

LOL, Sasuke/Sakura and Shikamaru/Ino; from Naruto.

It's like Ctrl + V.

And yes, the end of the arcs have usually ended on that note, haven't they? Like, "pesky/whatever"?
    They better interact some more, though. :)

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010

My own, rofl.

My personality is similar to Blue and my boyfriend is kind of like Green. He's not as serious or timid as Green, but he's pretty arrogant at times and prefers to get everything done and relax later. Plus, he calls me an idiot or stupid ***** every single time (but he knows I love it deep down). I, on the other hand, prefer to relax, sleep through the day and neglect all the troubles in life. Also, my sense of fun always gets us into trouble, kind of like Blue, lol.

He's a sweetheart though, I guess this is why I love Oldrival so much. : )

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    ...I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but...Artemis and Holly, from the Artemis Fowl series. Most definite in Opal Deception (and I'm positive no one else has read this series, but whatever.).

Spoiler:

But other than that, Shikamaru and Ino, definitely. Lol. XD

Snoaz said:
    Has anyone of you read my fics here? If yes, do you have a preferance when it comes to sequels? Cause I want to write one, but... I want to know what the people want who actually read my fics. If you could tell me or vote in the poll on my FF account, I'd be happy! :3
    (At the moment it goes between two fics, but I'm not gonna say which. >D)
    *Raises hand* You KNOW I've read your fics, Snoaz. ;D And I voted on your poll, too. Although it should be obvious which I voted for. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011

LOL, Sasuke/Sakura and Shikamaru/Ino; from Naruto.

It's like Ctrl + V.

Lol at your Ctr + V comment.

And I've heard more often that a couple from Naruto is similar to Oldrival; too bad I don't know it, then. But when I flipped trough a manga copy, I was kinda grossed by the violence. oo; Not really my kind of thing XD;

My own, rofl.

My personality is similar to Blue and my boyfriend is kind of like Green. He's not as serious or timid as Green, but he's pretty arrogant at times and prefers to get everything done and relax later. Plus, he calls me an idiot or stupid ***** every single time (but he knows I love it deep down). I, on the other hand, prefer to relax, sleep through the day and neglect all the troubles in life. Also, my sense of fun always gets us into trouble, kind of like Blue, lol.

He's a sweetheart though, I guess this is why I love Oldrival so much. : )
    A real-life Oldrival relationship, heh.

Though I heart it in the manga, I think I'd hate it in real life XD I need attention, but a guy like Green... well, doesn't offer that kind of thing. Anyone but Blue would get crazy, I think. (Which is why they match so perfectly, of course :D)

...I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but...Artemis and Holly, from the Artemis Fowl series. Most definite in Opal Deception (and I'm positive no one else has read this series, but whatever.).

Spoiler:

But other than that, Shikamaru and Ino, definitely. Lol. XD

*Raises hand* You KNOW I've read your fics, Snoaz. ;D And I voted on your poll, too. Although it should be obvious which I voted for. XD

...I don't know? XD

Since as far as I know you've faved all my Oldrival stories. But let me do a guess and say Dinner. And not just because I would LOVE to incluce Silver in the fic.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Just letting everyone know, the Oldrival art thread at 151chan is still updating. I recommend that you save it to your favorites or watch the thread to see if any new pictures are appearing.

Just to those who forgot:
    [URL="https://151chan.org/smeargle/res/4436.html"]https://151chan.org/smeargle/res/4436.html[/URL]

Though it's Oldrival related, this thread isn't meant to promote own sites - you can mention it, of course, but not as the sole reason of your post. :)

(But I like your signature btw. <3)

Topic!

How much would you do to get Oldrival canon?
    In other words: how important is it for you?

We all know it's *very* important for me, and I would... well, pay a lot if that meant Oldrival becoming canon. XD; Only problem being that I'm a student at the moment, thus broke. ;;;

But I have a feeling not everyone here is that die-hard. (Luckily for them? x3)

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Though it's Oldrival related, this thread isn't meant to promote own sites - you can mention it, of course, but not as the sole reason of your post. :)

Sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to promote it, but since this is one of the biggest Oldrivalshipping album I've seen on the net (but I know there are some out there that are much larger), I thought people would appreciate the offer I'm giving, since I do search high and low and all over the place just to upload them all in one giant thread for the fans. And also, I assumed some OR fans will just look at it once and never return, so I thought it will be nice to give them a heads up that it's still updating.

Last edited:
    Years
    it's okay snoaz! i'm sure it'll be canon one day. if not, that's what fanfics and fanart is for...
    zippie has an album thingy? cool! and umm...what else is happeniing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Bonjour tout le monde! Glad to see the club's still kickin. Anyways I don't have a fanfic account so I can't vote for which story I would want a sequel to Snoaz. Though I will say that I look forward to any sequel you write considering the fact that I like pretty much all your stories. Zippie thanks for the link and I figured out quickly that it updates when I noticed more pics the second time I went.

Hm... I don't think I'm quite at the level to be willing to kill for it (seems a bit extreme for anything) and I don't have money so there goes bribary. i could pull out my book of threats and threaten the writers to make it canon. Hm... I'm kind of hoping that that they just make it canon on their own (it seems to me that they will after I read frlg).

Not sure if this should be in spoilers
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to promote it, but since this is one of the biggest Oldrivalshipping album I've seen on the net (but I know there are some out there that are much larger), I thought people would appreciate the offer I'm giving, since I do search high and low and all over the place just to upload them all in one giant thread for the fans. And also, I assumed some OR fans will just look at it once and never return, so I thought it will be nice to give them a heads up that it's still updating.
    I wasn't meaning to bash you or anything - just doing my job as co-owner ;) It would have helped if you'd also answered the topic, f.e :)

By the way - I assume you find most of the art on Pixiv and Pokemon-search.com? Perhaps it's an idea to credit the artists by displaying the site you got it from or something? :)

Bonjour tout le monde! Glad to see the club's still kickin. Anyways I don't have a fanfic account so I can't vote for which story I would want a sequel to Snoaz. Though I will say that I look forward to any sequel you write considering the fact that I like pretty much all your stories. Zippie thanks for the link and I figured out quickly that it updates when I noticed more pics the second time I went.

Hm... I don't think I'm quite at the level to be willing to kill for it (seems a bit extreme for anything) and I don't have money so there goes bribary. i could pull out my book of threats and threaten the writers to make it canon. Hm... I'm kind of hoping that that they just make it canon on their own (it seems to me that they will after I read frlg).

Not sure if this should be in spoilers
    Spoiler:

You think it's going to become canon? You're sure more optimistic than me there XD Sure, FRLG was great, but the doubt came after Emerald again... granted, they were in a giant battle to save the world and didn't really have time to talk. So let's leave it at that, and hope that *after* the DP series (looong wait! oo) something canon-like will come ;)
    I just wish I could talk to the writers and influence ask their opinion on it myself.

As for the thing in spoilers: the pesky girl quote has never appeared in the Chuang translation; either it´s something that came in the first American one, or something that has been translated by fans. It´s 'obnoxious', yes. But the cute male in sights is still there, I hope?

(And just to make things clear: I wouldn't kill for it. Not literally, at least. xD)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Oh ok that would explain alot. I guess this calms me down. It's probably because I read the onemanga scans first and Green says pesky girl at the end (if I'm correct), then I read the serebii sumaries so that's probably why I assumed that pesky girl was in the manga. (didn't start reading Chuang version until the RS arc.) Oh and I just checked and "cute male in sights" is in it at least and that did make me happier.

As to your other question despite minimal interaction shown at the end of the emerald arc I just got such a strong feeling from the end of the FRLG arc that my mind was sold. Then again I due tend to over analyze texts so it could just be me. (oh and on a side note I wouldn't kill either. It was just athought that came up, but of course I know you wouldn't do that... right? ^^)

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    To clarify - in the original Japanese version, I think Green calls her 'noisy woman'. I'm not sure if this changes later, but I know for certain that he calls her this at some point. The translations most likely prefer to change it up a bit, for some reason a person such as me can't understand.

You don't want to know. *insert evil laughter and smile*

All jokes and references aside, I WOULD kill to get Oldrival canon...but only if they tried to pull a 'Ruby'.
    Spoiler:

And if that didn't work, I could always ask Platina to bribe them with her stash of allowance. Secretly taking part of it for myself to use on Volume 15, mm-hmm.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Oh ok that would explain alot. I guess this calms me down. It's probably because I read the onemanga scans first and Green says pesky girl at the end (if I'm correct), then I read the serebii sumaries so that's probably why I assumed that pesky girl was in the manga. (didn't start reading Chuang version until the RS arc.) Oh and I just checked and "cute male in sights" is in it at least and that did make me happier.

As to your other question despite minimal interaction shown at the end of the emerald arc I just got such a strong feeling from the end of the FRLG arc that my mind was sold. Then again I due tend to over analyze texts so it could just be me. (oh and on a side note I wouldn't kill either. It was just athought that came up, but of course I know you wouldn't do that... right? ^^)
    Yes, the cute male in sights quote is still there. <3 Favourite scene in the manga by far~! <33

Heh, over analyzing texts = typical of shippers. XD I do it all the time. But the fact that you got a strong feeling after FRLG makes me happy, because it shows that something was going on there, and it wasn't all my imagination. Well, I'm just glad to see that there are so many other Oldrivalshippers and that not everyone is so pessimistic as me about the future XD;;

To clarify - in the original Japanese version, I think Green calls her 'noisy woman'. I'm not sure if this changes later, but I know for certain that he calls her this at some point. The translations most likely prefer to change it up a bit, for some reason a person such as me can't understand.

You don't want to know. *insert evil laughter and smile*

All jokes and references aside, I WOULD kill to get Oldrival canon...but only if they tried to pull a 'Ruby'.
    Spoiler:

And if that didn't work, I could always ask Platina to bribe them with her stash of allowance. Secretly taking part of it for myself to use on Volume 15, mm-hmm.
    Spoiler:

Oh, Clover. Killing, really?
    I take that just to be an exaggeration, heh ;D (Because murder is just... gruesome for every reason.)

The only thing I'd kill to get Oldrival canon is a fly. Or any other insect that bugs me. XD; But yes, they'd better make it GOOD cannon then ;) Green isn't the type to avoid the subject like Ruby. He's a real man, hohoho! I hope.

Anyway, about Green's famous (and lovable <3) quotes: in the Chuang translation, he says "tch, what an obnoxious girl" in RGB, "what an obnoxious girl" in the Yellow arc, "noisy woman" in GSC, and the same in in Emerald.

So that's a lot of obnoxious and noisy. XD Green sure likes his variety

Anyway, a question I have for you. <3 When did you start supporting Oldrival? After which scene? Or was it already since you first played the games?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back