• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The OldRivalShipping Fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Yay! topic!
    i first liked it when i read teh pokespe manga, like two years ago, adn hten liked it even more when i diecided to finally hceck for updates 2 years later...

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    topic:
    Oh well, I started shipping Gary/Leaf when I first played FRLG. But then, I think it was about March this year (when I started reading the manga) that I started being more harcore about Green/Blue. <3

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Snoaz said:
    Oh, Clover. Killing, really?
    I take that just to be an exaggeration, heh ;D (Because murder is just... gruesome for every reason.)
    You do not want, nor need, to know the answer to that question. XD

TOPIC:
    Don't remember, actually. At first I remember I supported Luckyshipping (I have this issue with pairing the first male and female I see in anything I read/play), but somewhere along the line...I think it was in the Yellow arc? I realized, "Shoot, Green and Blue are so meant for each other." <3 That just got restated in the FR/LG arc. I started supporting Oldrival in the games based on Pokespecial, too. Gotta love the crazy shippers, ja?

And I feel that this club has been too lacking in fanart lately. SO.
    Spoiler:
    Found this one on yet another wonderful site. <3
    And that's all I've got to say...Oh, wait. I'm actually considering writing an Oldrival oneshot...But I'm not sure whether to or not. It's on my ff profile, so if you like the idea for it, feel free to tell me. I need to know whether I stand at chance at writing other couples from my OTP. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    You do not want, nor need, to know the answer to that question. XD

TOPIC:
    Don't remember, actually. At first I remember I supported Luckyshipping (I have this issue with pairing the first male and female I see in anything I read/play), but somewhere along the line...I think it was in the Yellow arc? I realized, "Shoot, Green and Blue are so meant for each other." <3 That just got restated in the FR/LG arc. I started supporting Oldrival in the games based on Pokespecial, too. Gotta love the crazy shippers, ja?

And I feel that this club has been too lacking in fanart lately. SO.
    Spoiler:
    Found this one on yet another wonderful site. <3
    And that's all I've got to say...Oh, wait. I'm actually considering writing an Oldrival oneshot...But I'm not sure whether to or not. It's on my ff profile, so if you like the idea for it, feel free to tell me. I need to know whether I stand at chance at writing other couples from my OTP. XD

Ah, cute fan art! <3

...and okay, I won't ask for an elaboration on the killing-part. ;D Perhaps that's the wisest thing to do, haha.

As for you fan fic question: I'd definitely write it if I were you! Writing other couples is always useful - I really enjoyed doing the Magmajewel one, because it lets you use other scenario's, words and conversation. I really look forward to reading it, because you know it: there can never be enough GreenxBlue. <3

(The idea seems typically something for Oldrival too, so that's fine. I wouln't really know what to do with it, but I'm sure you know! :P)

Topic:
    I really want to know when I started supporting Oldrival; because I don't know. When I first laid hands on Pokspe, I wasn't even aware of the concept of shipping; really. The only thing I remember from the begining, is that I immediatly picked Green as my favourite character; from the first picture he was in onwards. But as for Oldrival...

I suppose I always liked the idea of them together, but became really aware of it in FRLG. (Late, yes, I know.) After that, I also began supporting it in the game, which resulted into a replay of FR, of cousre. (And it's not like I constantly reset my game without saving just to read the conversation between Leaf and Green again.) Well, I obviously did.

Years
    hmm...i think if we had an oldrival obsession contest snoaz would defintely be the winner...
    anyways, yeah , i hope HG/SS arc comes out soon, would love to see the communication between teh two.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    ...okay, a revival is highly needed here. (Why does no-one post?!)
    Can't let this epic thread die people, for the love of Oldrival! <3

We need more members...

hmm...i think if we had an oldrival obsession contest snoaz would defintely be the winner...
    anyways, yeah , i hope HG/SS arc comes out soon, would love to see the communication between teh two.
    :D I sure hope I'd win that contest, haha. Think the chances are high, though; don't know anyone on this forum who's more crazy than me when it comes to Guriburu. But then again, I don't know all people.

But if they're Guriburu-crazy, they should have posted here. ;;

So, anyone got a topic? ^.^

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    So, anyone got a topic? ^.^

I'm sorry if this topic has been brought up before but...

If they actually had kids... How would they act? How would they look, more like Green or Blue or a equal mix of both? And how many would Green and Blue have?! Use your imaginations. ; )

I doubt anyone will answer this but oh well.

Clover Cat

Years
    Hmm, yes, I think we've had that topic already, Zippie. Maybe it was a couple of pages back.

Oh, hello. Yes, I'm popping back in here after a few weeks. *shot*

Topic wise...Let me think...

How do you think Blue and Green's family and friends would react if they revealed they were dating?

Lame topic is lame. >.> But, I would say that a third of them would calmly accept/congratulate them (Daisy and Silver), a third of them would be slightly surprised (Oak and Bill), and the rest would probably freak and/or spazz (Red, Yellow, and all the other Dex Holders).

I figure that Oak and Bill would be more surprised that it took so long for them to get together, and the latter third would be surprised because they hadn't been told (if unintentional - Blue and Green seem like the type of people who instinctively keep secrets). Cough.

Oh, and I recently finished translating another comic, so I'll post that later when I have more time and am not so lazy

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Yup a rival was definately needed. Sorry I haven't been around school is killing me! Anyways with that out of the way read you're new fic snoaz and I really liked it (then again I like almost all oldrival stories). Oh and Clover a comic would be much appreciated (those things are awesome).

How do you think Blue and Green's family and friends would react if they revealed they were dating?
    I think prof. oak would be very pleased to find out the news. I mean it seems like ever since the whole squirtle theft thing was sorted out at the league Blue and the the prof have had a pretty good relationship (I mean she told him about Silver, that and he shed a tear after Blue left the leb after hearing the news that she found her parents) and so I'm sure he would like the news of knowing the two were dating. As for the rest of the dex holders I agree with the response of "WHAAAAAAAAAAAATT!? or EEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?" With Silver he's either cool with it or he'd try to kill Green. Daisy would be cool. You know quite frankly I think they wouldn't tell anyone they were dating and would colly answer that they were and be done with it.

I think that sums it up.

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010

I think their families would approve, but... Blue's father might be extremely over protective, after not seeing his daughter for 10 years and this all of the sudden, happened. Hell, he might not even trust Green and watch her (while shes hanging out with Green) without her knowing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    I think everyone would be pretty supportive, though some (read: people having been bestowed with an obliviousness nature -coughredcough-) would be surprised. It kinda depends if it would come out of nowhere, or if there were more obvious signs first.

I think Green would rather keep it quiet for awhile, but Blue would wanna tell the world all the details she had. (She doesn't live for attention, no, not at all. First, though, she'd tell Silver in private so as to minimize his shock. (Of course, he already knew - he doesn't belong to the oblivous half of the crowd xD)

Blue's father might take on the defensive role, together with Silver, but more for show than for real. (Because really, think of all the beautiful kids that will come out of this couple; reason enough to accept him. XDDD)

It's good to see everyone here again :D Also, Clover, love to see the comic posted here. I've already read it of course, but for the sake of the club! <3 Plus, it's that good that I don't mind reading it again.

Clover Cat

Years
    Okie dokies, y'all, the Oldrival comic is *finally* here! And there's a bonus, which I have also taken the liberty of translating and adding in this spoiler. The comic is here, and the bonus is not a link but is not showing up in the spoiler, alas. If you want to read it, go to the site, scroll to the very bottom of the Pokespe fanart section, and under the heading with the asterisks (**), click on the third link (underneath the second subtitle). I hope those directions weren't confusing. >.<
    Spoiler:

...Oh. Cheese. That monster was 45 pages long. FORTY FIVE. I hope you enjoyed it. ^^
    *Faints*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    :O... Clover... that comic was AWESOME!!! It's so funny because I was actually thinking what would happen if they did pull a switcheroo. Oh that was so cool~ Once again I cannot express how greatful I am for the translation (especially considering how long it was).

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    It's so weird to see the comic translation in one post, and to read it all in one XD Considering that the translation took a few months. But yes, Clover is awesome for doing that! :D

The fact that Yellow was better in keeping her disguise than Blue is funny. You'd better watch your back, Blue, you'll get competition.

Also, love for Oldrival moments as always! <3 (I CANNOT wait for the comic for Green's birthday! :D)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Hmm... anyone got a new topic by any chance? The comic is amazing as always.

@zippie: I just got your avatar and frankly I can't stop laughing. That is totally the class I would picture Blue as . XD

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    Well, yesterday I went hunting for fics, but I didn't quite catch anything good. I did, however, reread some of Snoaz's fics. x)
    I'm currently writing one about OldRival, though. (Should I post it when I'm done?)

Lol, shameless plug. Sorry. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back