• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The OldRivalShipping Fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    I think not, actually... it would take away the entire chemistry between them. Then, they'd largely be like two the same people and Blue wouldn't really have any difficulties with Green. Now, they're each other's opposite, and they complete each other that way. :3 Plus, it's a challenge for both of 'em, which makes it interesting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Happy birthday, Blue!

Bluewedding.png

(And no, I didn't make this picture myself, if someone wondered.)

Feel free to come up with topics for this day! Gotta breathe some life into this club. ;-)

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • isn't that one charming reply..

In any case .
    wonder if i could join your fanclub?
    Oldrival is my fave pokéshipping couple overall . [/obvious]

why i like them so much would be ..
    I just love their separate personages. and they WANT each other so bad it's not even funny.
    ahwait, it is.

oh, on that note..
    It's rather late, but Happy Birthday Blue .
    Hope you tricked green into buying-- got lots of presents from Green .

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    You're very welcome to join, Hiinotama! :D

You're right. Oldrival is by far the most interesting and has-to-be-loved shipping. <3 D'you have any favourite shipping hints / moments in the manga? Any wishes for the upcoming HGSS arc? (Non-spoilery)

I want to carry Green's kids.
    That's both off-topic and a one-liner. Please abide to the rules?

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • Fave shippy moments ?
    no idea.. as far as i know there's hardly any real shippy moments in the manga whatsoever, so yeah .

for me the usual 'Pesky Girl' is more than enough. Shows they still love each other <3.
    but a slight hinting silver/jealous-scene is never bad. ohgod Ive been polluted by fanfics.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • It's been a while. Bah, school. I hope members are still allowed to show their faces after having been absent for such a long time. >.<;

And welcome to the new members of the club! It's nice to meet you all! I'm assuming there have been more than one, right?

The fanfics shall rule the world! There is no escape! No sane, shipping neutral person shall be left alive! -shot-

HG/SS arc wishlist:

1. For them to actually show up, for one. No, really. Johto is right next to Kanto, they're the seniors of the Johto trio, and quite honestly if they aren't present in some way shape or form I shall not be happy. Cameos do not count.

2. To be present in their current age group. Blue is older than either Red or Green, so by consequence she should be twenty by the HG/SS arc. G and R will also be at least nineteen. Please don't make them look young at that age.

3. To act their age. Gosh dang it to heck, to act to their age. You spend nearly ten years living together near each other and you two are still at the UST stage? For Mew's sake, at least propose to her, Green!

...Wait, let me rephrase that...

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    2. To be present in their current age group. Blue is older than either Red or Green, so by consequence she should be twenty by the HG/SS arc. G and R will also be at least nineteen. Please don't make them look young at that age.

Actually, the Kanto trio are all the same age, so Blue is also 19. She was just born the earliest, being June while Red is August and Green is November.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Welcome back, Clover! :D Happy to have you here again.

That are some good points you've got there, and I certainly agree with all of them.

1) I'm more than certain the Kanto protagonists will show up and have a fairly big role -- about as big as in the GSC arc. Not only because they're the orignals and people *want* them to show up, also because Kanto takes up up 40% in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. So ignoring that region, and with it its protagonists, would not be a correct manga adoption.

On that note, I hope we'll see scenes of Green being Gym Leader (<3) and Red doing something epic on Mt. Silver. :D As for Blue, she's totally fee to hang out in Viridian together with the aforementioned Gym Leader ;D

2) When I think about them being nineteen, I almost can't believe it. Growing up is something that just doesn't correspond with Pokémon. (They'd be the same age as me! :O) But it's awesome all the same, and I can't wait to see their older designs. The manga hasn't failed us yet with making them look better every arc, so I'm sure they won't disappoint this time! :D

(Though that leaves me with the question how long this aging will continue; thirty-something Red and Green? Eh.)

3) Proposal? Hm, might be overdoing it a little ;D But yes, acting their ages is a must. However good the manga is at making them look older, the behaviour of them seems to be static. As in: they're still the oblivious eleven-year-olds they were when we first met them. That needs some changes. :/

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • No! The club was pushed onto the next page!
    I shan't allow that. >D
    Actually, the Kanto trio are all the same age, so Blue is also 19. She was just born the earliest, being June while Red is August and Green is November.
    Oh, I see. I thought she was a year older for some reason.
    1) I'm more than certain the Kanto protagonists will show up and have a fairly big role -- about as big as in the GSC arc. Not only because they're the orignals and people *want* them to show up, also because Kanto takes up up 40% in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. So ignoring that region, and with it its protagonists, would not be a correct manga adoption.

On that note, I hope we'll see scenes of Green being Gym Leader (<3) and Red doing something epic on Mt. Silver. :D As for Blue, she's totally fee to hang out in Viridian together with the aforementioned Gym Leader ;D

2) When I think about them being nineteen, I almost can't believe it. Growing up is something that just doesn't correspond with Pokémon. (They'd be the same age as me! :O) But it's awesome all the same, and I can't wait to see their older designs. The manga hasn't failed us yet with making them look better every arc, so I'm sure they won't disappoint this time! :D

(Though that leaves me with the question how long this aging will continue; thirty-something Red and Green? Eh.)

3) Proposal? Hm, might be overdoing it a little ;D But yes, acting their ages is a must. However good the manga is at making them look older, the behaviour of them seems to be static. As in: they're still the oblivious eleven-year-olds they were when we first met them. That needs some changes. :/

1. Well, we now have Green's cameo as well as a crucial link found in Silver's team, so I think it's safe to say that we can expect them to show up at some point.

2. We now have Green's appearance, as I said before, and...
    YUM.
    Delish. Absolutely, completely, bishounen in every way. Green is now officially a man.

That just leaves Blue. Hohoho. :3 She and Green can totally talk about Silver and his prowess behind his back. Sibling complexes. <3

(Personally, if it results in their appearances looking similar to that of STEVEN STONE or WALLACE or RILEY, I shall not complain, not a word. And considering all of the above were trainers and were also very strong, its' a good bet.)

3. A slight correction: Blue was something like a seventeen-year-old in an eleven-year-old's body, while Green was probably a thirty-year-old in an eleven-year-old's body, albeit with a larger ego then his current self. I want them to at least acknowledge the sexual tension between them, not know what it is and pretend they don't see it. Or even better, admit they're dating. That would be a curve ball of the best kind. <333

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Oh, I see. I thought she was a year older for some reason.

I don't blame you, everything thought so. But if you read the mini bio page of each character in FRLG, you see Blue is also 16.

More proof? When Red met Blue for the first time and was unaware of him being scammed, he walked away from her "shop" and said "She told me she's the same age as me!".

Also, it's just Bulbapedia that keeps putting her as a year older than everyone else. Yes, she is the oldest out of all the PokeDex holders (until further notice), but she's only a few months older, not an entire year. I have no idea why, but they add on an extra year ON HER BIRTHDAY.

So yeah, she's actually 19, like the rest of the boys.

... AndBulbapedia messed up, ONCE AGAIN. I just looked at their ages and some idiot put them as "18 and 19 (for Blue)". FOR GOD'S SAKE, the HGSS summary clearly says "THREE YEARS AFTER FRLG!!". And in their FRLG bio page, it says "16!". GAH!!

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    ...So. I've been sort of missing. And now I don't know what anyone's talking about. But er, sorry, and I hope that I'm still a member? :l

And, also, Zippie, thanks for that comment. I always go by Bulbapedia, and I never really gave the difference in ages a second thought.

justmaee

Overlooking The Unseen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    <b>Errr hi, erm I was probably gone for quite a while since our laptop is messed up:[ Did I miss anything big?

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • hi there everyone.
    it's been quite some time hasn't it?
    i went on vacation for summer so havent been on since forever. god i feel left out.

anyhow.
    I don't think i ever thought Blue was a year older.. but that might be just me .
    none of them really act their age so far in my opinion, so i don't pay that much attention to their Actual Age. i just enjoy the flow of the story.
    although i might get annoyed if they actually get to look like Steven/Wallace and still act as 12-year-olds.

honestly i feel like a stranger to PokéSpe atm .. better get back to reading.
    yup.

have to say i cant wait for their 19-year-old looks though <3

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I'm actually afraid that the Kanto kids are going to retire and end up as side characters. : (

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
  • hi do you think i could join?
    i really like the blueXgreen pair. their personalities seem to complement each other.
    (i also like it how green always says things like 'annoying girl' at blue atleast once every arc that they are in. *shot*)

sassy_blue333

blue333
    Years
  • oh cool...can i join plzz...i love that shipping i like blue soo i like her with green most plzz let me join if ur looking for a co-onwer plzz me i never been one i wish plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz T-T

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • ohhai everyone, new members &stuff.
    i hope this means the club'll get more active.
    ive certainly not been contributing to that, lol ..

anyways .
    Guriburu to background charas.. do not want.
    i really hope they'll stay main, but thinking about it.. i think Zippie might be right.
    not just yet, but by the time they'll really turn 30 .. iono.

sigh.

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    May I possibly join? OldRival has been my favorite since the beginning. <3 It's a serious candidate for my OTP (I just don't like making hasty choices). Also, I've done quite a bit of fanart that I'd be happy to post. I'll be so presumptuous as to answer the question of the week:

Topic of the week: What's your favorite clothes for Blue and Green?

For Blue (the girl), the dress is DEFINITELY my favorite. I agree with the others, the hat just isnt't...it doesn't...yeah. Bleh. The rest isn't much better. Mato had the right idea with the "little black dress" look for her. And I know it's a popularly supported idea that Silver made her the new outfit. If that be the case...fail, Silver. FAIL.

Hehehe...as for Green, I still like the Yellow arc outfit (the original sweater, pants and boots plus the cape) the best. I liked the cape; it just seemed like a natural extension of Green's personality. Plus it just screamed "epic trainer" to anyone within viewing distance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back