• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Omnipotence Tournament, back from Puragatory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    *Approved By Glaceon_ and Ursula!*

OMNIPOTENCE
    Tournament

A few months ago, e4darthteej posted an idea for a tournament, but it faded into obscurity before it began. Now it is back for another go, and this time I'll get it off the ground no matter what!

What is this tournament?

For the most part this is a standard bracket tournament, it'll be made up of 8, 16, or(if I'm lucky) 32 participants pitted against each other. The losers will obviously be disqualified and the tournament will narrow down to one winner.

But there has to be a catch right? Yes, and it is rather ingenious if I do say so myself. Each participant will have complete knowledge of the opponent's team, hence the name omnipotence tournament. I believe that this will create a very different sort of battling, where prediction and counter-prediction go from being important to absolutley critical. You all will be required to PM me fully detailed profiles of every Pokemon in your team, their full movesets, Natures, EVs, and how they contribute to your team's overall strategy, in other words what's basically a complete RMT thread. Once the matchups are decided I'm going to PM every challenger the details of their opponenets team. This will keep participants from building a counter-team at the last minute. After each round, you will have the option to change teams(I said teams a lot, teams teams teamy teamy teams).

For prizes I can't offer much, but I do have these:

View attachment 48900
    Omnipotence Tournament Champion!

View attachment 48899
    Omipotence Tournament Runner Up!

I am not actually giving out illegal Arceuses, they act as "trophies" that the winner and runner-up will copy-past in their signature. This serves a dual purpose, first to award the winners, and secondly to advertise the tourney so that the next one will be bigger, just like in Texas!

Now then, On to teh rules:
    1: SavMons are fully legal as long as they could actually exist within the game. This means no WonderTomb, realistic IVs(two in the 30s, everything else lower), legit moves, 510 EVs, no specifically made shinies, and caught in Legit Pokeballs.
    2: All standard clauses apply exept for Species Clause. You can use two of the same pokemon as long as the have different sets(ex. DanceMence and SpecsMence). That means that Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Hax Items Clause, and Soul Dew Clause are all in play.
    3: The default battling style will be Lvl. 100 singles and every tier but Ubers. However specialized battles(Ubers,Doubles,Little Cup) can be arranged if both opponents agree to it. Yes I got the idea from ESO, so what? It's a GOOD idea.
    4: Every person will have to pick one person to challenge per round, this is up to you
    5: First come first serve for participants. I'll try to rack up as many as possible but once the deadline is reached then I'm dropping off the extras.
    5: Battles on PBR and Shoddy are allowed.
    6: You can change teams every round.
    7:Report the results of the each match on the thread so that I can organize the next round. It would also be greatly appreciated if you would tell a bit about each battle, and a Warstory or YouTube video is even better.
    8: I only have a team on Shoddy, which means that if one person doesen't have an account yet then please get one, because I'd reeaaaaally like to participate.
    9: And the most important rule for any tournament, have fun :)

The signups are complete! Anyone who put the ad in your sig should delete it now. Everyone PM me your teams and find your opponents, the first round will start once all of it is done!

Participants:
    1.e4darthteej
    2.Greene1516
    3.Glass Walker
    4.Tyros
    5.crimsonstorm
    6.SkythurBathandBeyone151
    7.Recontra1234
    8.lucaslucario

Matchups, 1st round:

Greene1516 vs Tyros: Greene1516 won
    SkythurBathAndBeyond 151 vs lucaslucario: Skythur was the winner.
    Crimsonstorm vs Recontra1234
    e4darthteej vs Glass Walker

Last edited:

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    I normally don't do this but it actually sounds like a real challenge and very similar to the league in the anime where they could check up their opponent's Pokemon on the computer. Sign me up, and let me know when I need to send on a team.

P.S. I like the way the Arceus are gold and silver :D

Years
    To green: I wasn't thinking of that when I made the Arceus's, and you can send your team in any time. After the 18th is when the first round will be organized, but I strongly encourage people to send in their teams and find opponents before them.

To glass: Yes Shoddy is allowed, and if all else fails then I'll battle you.

Years
    Alright people, when you PM me your teams, make sure to include descriptions of that Pokemon and what it does for your team, just like you would an RMT thread. The more you know, the funner it gets!

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    You should really aim for the 16 man, I'm confident you will get it. All it takes is for a few people to mention it around.

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    This sounds interesting. I'd like to join. I may need a day or two to make sure I got a team put together here for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back