• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Omnipotence Tournament, back from Puragatory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
    Ask and make sure that he didn't accidentaly turn off his DS or something, but for now I'll mark you as the winner! By the way, did you think it influenced the way you battled knowing what Pokemon he had?

Well there was no attempt made by him explanation-wise after the fact and the DC happened right when he found out how little each of his moves on his last poke did to mine; I'm fairly confident he did it on purpose.

The fact that I knew which Pokemon he had left and the moves they had definitely influenced the way i battled, like deciding which move to lock a ChoicePoke into. Knowing their moves seemed to help more than knowing the Pokemon themselves though. Knowing if the opponent had moves that would be hazardous towards me helped immensely.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Ask and make sure that he didn't accidentaly turn off his DS or something, but for now I'll mark you as the winner! By the way, did you think it influenced the way you battled knowing what Pokemon he had?

He was banned from our league for DC'ing in two different matches, so my guess is it was intentional.

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
    My apologies, I've returned. I had to house-sit at my Dad's house, which has no wireless, so I had no ability to battle. Being back, though, I'd like to confirm my challenge to Greene. I'm ready to battle today, if you can send out the information to both of us, and Greene's ready for the fight.

- Tyros

Greene1516

Years
    I still don't believe him, he has a history of DC's in which he doesn't respond to you about it until after everyone starts calling him a loser for it, then he has a heart-filled apology.

Years
    My apologies, I've returned. I had to house-sit at my Dad's house, which has no wireless, so I had no ability to battle. Being back, though, I'd like to confirm my challenge to Greene. I'm ready to battle today, if you can send out the information to both of us, and Greene's ready for the fight.

- Tyros

I haven't recieved your information yet.

Greene1516

Years
    I beat Tyros 4-0. It was a good game but to be honest, and with no disrespect to Tyros, but I felt that he didn't use the information he was given well enough.

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
    Probably not... XD; To be honest, I'm really, really new to this whole competitive Pokemon thing. So... I can't really say I knew what to do against a professional team like that. n.n;

This was definitely a learning experience, though! So, thanks for the match, man.

- Tyros

Years
    Probably not... XD; To be honest, I'm really, really new to this whole competitive Pokemon thing. So... I can't really say I knew what to do against a professional team like that. n.n;
    - Tyros
    Smogon is a great source for getting started, most of these movesets that you see recommended have been tested and approved by dozens of proffesional players. And you don't have to obey them completely, customize the sets so that they fit your team. For example, I gave my swords dance Scizor full HP evs instead of those idiotic 68 speeds that Smogon recommends, and it works great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back