• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (once again) Scramble Challenge!!!

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    You get a Tauros that can only be used if at least 2 other Pokemon have fainted in the battle already (yours and your opponent both count)

audino doesn't learn heal pulse until level 35. what do i do until then?

Last edited:

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Oh woops. My bad XD had a minor brain fart

I was thinking this was another thread...whoever gave the restrictions for me I thank you :P

bilzandpap: Take...a Stunfisk, no restrictions. (seeing how bad it is to even HAVE a stunfisk, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt :) )
    Clairissa: Take a Butterfree, evolves into Metapod at Lv13 and into Butterfree at Lv25
    Snow Phoenix:Choice of Unfezant/Swanna that must know Fly and Acrobatics at all times. (If you choose Unfezant, has to be Male,same for Swanna, which has to be female)
    Suicune: Servine, cannot evolve into Serperior. EVER. Must have one stat-related move at all times.

Now I feel stupid XD

Last edited:

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    Clairissa: Take a Butterfree, evolves into Metapod at Lv13 and into Butterfree at Lv25

...So it will only have tackle until level 34? =\
    I should have just left in the thing about no bug types, I hate them... And that's just honestly horrible, Butterfrees have bad stats to begin with, and attack is the lowest out of them all...

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    ...So it will only have tackle until level 34? =\
    I should have just left in the thing about no bug types, I hate them... And that's just honestly horrible, Butterfrees have bad stats to begin with, and attack is the lowest out of them all...

Oh. Sorry XD

Instead of that, I'll give you a.........Spearow :D that must always know fly (when you get it) and has to be used in every gym battle(spearow, not fly XD).

Is that better :P ?

Last edited:

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    Oh. Sorry XD

Instead of that, I'll give you a.........Spearow :D that must always know fly (when you get it) and has to be used in every gym battle(spearow, not fly XD).

Is that better :P ?

Sure, the other is just... Nearly impossible with Butterfrees weak stats and limited moveset.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    You get a Tauros that can only be used if at least 2 other Pokemon have fainted in the battle already (yours and your opponent both count)

audino doesn't learn heal pulse until level 35. what do i do until then?
    Well I was originally going to let that one slide :P But, if you insist... Audino most Refresh itself as soon it is sent into battle until it learns Heal Pulse.

And for Clairissa: You must catch a Seal and it can not evolve until after it defeats a Dewgong in a trainer, gym, or E4 battle and only on levels divisible by 4.

Current Team for Scramble challenge: Carracosta: must know Surf, Waterfall, Strength, and Dive upon recieving HM. Jellicent: Can only evolve at Lv 50. Unfezant: Must be Male and know Fly and Acrobatics at all time.

Still need three more!

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    My brother gave me a Shinx that cannot fight Gym Leaders. I'll trade it over from another White game that has the National Pokedex. I need a Pokemon I can get before the first Gym though, cause you can't trade till after you get Dream Mist and you can't get Stunfisk till Icirrus City, Audino is only found in shaking grass so I might not be able to find one for a while.

But my team is:

#1: Audino that must know Heal Pulse, must use Refresh upon being sent out, and must be sent out immediately if another Pokemon faints and it is not fainted.

#2: Stunfisk with no restrictions.

#3: Shinx, Luxio, Luxray who cannot fight Gym Leaders, Elite Four, or N

#4: Need one!

#5: Need one!

Suicune, didn't notice you. You get a Timburr, which must know Dynamic Punch before it can evolve. Also.... Gurdurr cannot evolve into Conkeldurr, and must always know Toxic (from a TM, when you get it)

Last edited:

JSwagg

Bug Catcher Justin
    Years
    Name: JSwagg
    Game Name: Ice
    Game: Emerald
    Number of Pokemon: Give me 5 other than Absol, cuz that will always be on my team.
    Restrictions: Give me the hardest you can think of. I'm using a Emulator so keep pokemon limited to Emerald please, I don't want to hack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2014
    I'm going to do this on HeartGold, game name is Star, I want 6 Pokemon including a starter, a flying type, something that can use Surf, and an Electric type. I don't care about restrictions, so go for it. No trading please...
    @JSwagg: Use Trapinch. Let's see... It can't evolve unless it solos Winonas Pelliper. Also, it must learn and keep Dig on it at all times.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ok, let's see...
    You get Totodile, who can only evolve after soloing a rocket executive--this counts for both evolutions.

And for me...

Name: PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
    Game Name: Corey
    Game: Black
    Number of Pokemon: 3
    Restrictions: Whatever, at least if I get one Pokemon capable of learning both Surf and Shadow Ball(who can use them effectively).

Last edited:

NewThrill

Athlete
    Years
    This ought to be exciting.

Name: NewThrill
    Game Name: Todd
    Game: Heart Gold
    Number of Pokemon: 4
    Restrictions: No bugs/Magikarp/Ditto.

Thanks!

@Whimsicott - Take a Woobat/Swoobat that must keep Attract and use it on at least one Pokemon per Gym Leader.

Last edited:

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    @NewThrill: You can have any (non-legendary) Pokémon, but it cannot evolve and the only move it can use in battle is Hidden Power.

@Whimsicott: You get Frillish. It must solo two gym leaders to evolve. It must defeat one of N's Pokémon using only Hex in the final battle with him.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    @NewThrill: You get a Mareep, which thinks it's a Pachirisu, so it can only use Electric-type moves, excluding status moves, with the exception of Frustration. Tackle is also allowed until Mareep hits level 10. It must solo Bugsy to evolve, and any other gym leader (excluding Falkner) to evolve fully. Nickname it "MEM". Yes, including the quotes but excluding the period.

@Whimsicott: You get a Ferroseed, which cannot evolve until Frillish does. It must defeat Ghetsis' Hydreigon with Power Whip dealing the final blow.

EDIT clarification on Ferroseed: If a move other than Power Whip deals the final blow, you must intentionally lose the battle. If this is impossible, you must reset the game to your last save. MAKE SURE TO SAVE if you lose to Ghetsis.

Last edited:

NewThrill

Athlete
    Years
    Thus far:

#1: Any non-legendary, which cannot evolve and may only use Hidden Power in battles.
    #2: Mareep, known as "MEM", able to use only Electric-type moves and Frustration (bar status moves), and may only evolve when it solos any gym leader after Falkner.

Two more please!

@JSwagg - I'll give you a Beautifly that can only use moves within its moveset and must be the last one to beat each gym leader.

Last edited:

スポットライト

Challenge Enthusiast
    Years
    @New thrill : Remember that Red Gyarados?Catch it dragonbreath and Surf must be the only damaging move it has

Sounds fun,can I join?

Name: Supottoraito(Japanese stuff,too lazy to type it)
    Game Name: Spot
    Game: Crystal
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: Spinarak,must have Night Shade,plus one non normal damaging move.Every HM must be learnabl by the members of the team

Years
    Oh, this oughtta be...fun. Thanks, guys. Sooooo much. :tired:

Seriously, though, this is going to be tough.

Pokemon:

Frillish-->Jellicent: Must solo two gym leaders to evolve and must defeat one of N's Pokemon in the final battle using only Hex.

Swoobat (hopefully): Must keep Attract, must be used in every Gym Leader match.

Ferroseed-->Ferrothorn: Must not evolve until Frillish, must defeat Ghetsis's Hydreigon with Power Whip dealing the final blow, must lose if it does not.

@ NewThrill: You get a Spearow that must always know Roost and needs to know U-Turn straight after evolving.

@ スポットライト: You get whatever comes out of the Odd Egg--it must keep Dizzy Punch, and cannot evolve until the Elite Four (the first time)

Last edited:

NewThrill

Athlete
    Years
    How about an update?

-Started the game, named myself Todd, and proceeded to choose Chikorita as a starter, whom I named Dave.
    -After returning from Mr. Pokemon's house, I caught a Spearow, which I named Gloria.
    -Continued to Violet City and caught "MeM" the Mareep.
    -Caught Alpha, the "A" Unown.
    -Grinded and beat Sprout Tower, before beating Falkner and earning the Zephyrbadge.
    -Headed down to Azalea, and toppled the Rockets in the Slowpoke Well.
    -Continuing, I then swept through the gym and "MeM" soloed Bugsy, and evolved.

Gloria, the Lonely Spearow

Lv 15:
    -Peck
    -Roost
    -Pursuit
    -Fury Attack

Alpha, the Modest Unown

Lv 15:
    -Hidden Power

"MeM", the Sassy Flaafy

Lv 17:
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Thundershock
    -Thunder Wave

Last edited:

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    I guess ill add this to my long list of challenges, though ill probably start this as soon as I get my Pokes..

Name: Seeds Horizon
    Game Name: Eternal
    Game: Sapphire
    Number of Pokémon: 6, cause I lurve having a fully parteh
    Restrictions: Give whatever you want, but please let them be fully evolved and not have like "Can only have one STAB move at a time.." or blah blah. Pwease? :3.

NewThrill

Athlete
    Years
    @Seeds Horizon: Take a Slakoth, which cannot fully evolve and it's only Normal-type move may be Yawn.

Edit: Pardon me, I wasn't paying attention; ignore the evolution restriction.

Last edited:
    Back