• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The one thing that would ruin the show.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
  • If Ash catches a legendary, or if he actually wins the pokemon league and becomes a legit Pokemon master.

Actually, the latter probably wouldn't ruin it.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • That would make it difficult to hear wat the cast is saying...

Ash: So *Rhydon!* Dawn,*Diglett Dig! Diglett dig!* how does*Seviper!* it feel to have won another*Roselia!* contest?

Dawn: *fearow!* Pretty good... How does *Pikachu!* it feel *Ditto!*... SHUT THE *Fearow* UP YOU DUMB *Abra* POKEMON!

xD xD xD xD Oh man, I'm still laughing at that!!

Has anyone considered, regarding the hamburgers coming from tauros and miltank aspect, that you're really overthinking a cartoon aimed at seven to ten year olds?

But overthinking is fun. x)

Anyway, I think the one thing that would ruin the show is if some really drastic and dramatic change happened that probably shouldn't, like Pikachu evolving or Brock getting a date. *not so sure about the latter*

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I think it started going downhill around here:
    • When Pickachu started godmodding everything.
    • When Team Rocket started getting repetitive (around the end of Season 1)
    • When Brock and Misty joined Ash. They're Gym Leaders! Why would they up and leave their homes just to travel with some random kid?
    • When Ash got all three Kanto starters. I guess this is passable, but still.
    • When he did it again in Johto.
    • When Tracey came, and Brock left.
    • When Max showed up.
    • When they decided to change Brock from the battle hardended badass he was in Red and Blue to a pervert in the anime.
    • When Gym leaders started GIVING Ash his badges. What the hell?!
    • A talking Meowth? What the ****.
    • More will be added.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    err... Dogasu mentions that Ash mentions Hamburgers in the Japanese version. in fact, not only merely mentions it, but complains about it as well (He thinks that the Japanese are losing their sense of nationalistic culture thanks to 4kids and PUSA, to a lesser extent.)

But in Japan they eat stuff like hamburgers anyway due to globalisation, Dogasu should know that since he stays there haha. Is there any part of the world that is without a McDonalds? Haha

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Listening to the fans will make the show worse. If you don't like the show or how the show is produced don't watch it.

I agree with u more than i agree with my self

I think it started going downhill around here:
    • When Pickachu started godmodding everything.
    • When Team Rocket started getting repetitive (around the end of Season 1)
    • When Brock and Misty joined Ash. They're Gym Leaders! Why would they up and leave their homes just to travel with some random kid?
    • When Ash got all three Kanto starters. I guess this is passable, but still.
    • When he did it again in Johto.
    • When Tracey came, and Brock left.
    • When Max showed up.
    • When they decided to change Brock from the battle hardended badass he was in Red and Blue to a pervert in the anime.
    • When Gym leaders started GIVING Ash his badges. What the hell?!
    • A talking Meowth? What the ****.
    • More will be added.

MIsty had left already so she was just as much of a traveler as Ash and brock never wanted to be a gym leader he had to when his parents left

Last edited:

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
  • If you know what I'm referencing, good for you.
    Things that have ruined Pokemon forever in the past:

Aim 4 Da Horn! (Kanto)
    Non-game-based regions (Orange)
    Endless Filler (Johto)
    Bring Misty Back! (Hoenn)
    Dub voice actor changes which have nothing to do with the original Japanese version (Battle Frontier)
    Sailor fuku (Sinnoh)

In other words, pretty much everything.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • If you know what I'm referencing, good for you.
    Things that have ruined Pokemon forever in the past:

Aim 4 Da Horn! (Kanto)
    Non-game-based regions (Orange)
    Endless Filler (Johto)
    Bring Misty Back! (Hoenn)
    Dub voice actor changes which have nothing to do with the original Japanese version (Battle Frontier)
    Sailor fuku (Sinnoh)

In other words, pretty much everything.

Ok I respect everyones opinion, but Johto was the best region in the whole *duskull* anime and was not a *frosslass* filler. Sinnoh seems to have more fillers than any others and pointless contests where Dawn just gets pwned in the appeals round

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Huh? Contests aren't fillers. It's undeniable that Johto had the most fillers out of them all, whether you like it best or not, and it's not surprising since it is the most amount of episodes for a region so far. DP seems to have the least fillers out of all the series except perhaps the first. Someone should do a count haha.

Years
  • I don't think they are eating pokemon, but they do have theme in farm(i guess mainly for dairy products).

Thats all the fun in DP, more contents and more side stories.

Last edited:

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
  • Nah the only thing bad about Pokémon now is that each season, the theme song gets less listenable. Besides that, it's just changed a bit. But it's getting better, not worse -.-

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Huh? Contests aren't fillers. It's undeniable that Johto had the most fillers out of them all, whether you like it best or not, and it's not surprising since it is the most amount of episodes for a region so far. DP seems to have the least fillers out of all the series except perhaps the first. Someone should do a count haha.

Seeing how they repeat the Contests with a different character, barely even referenced May until that appearance and controversial win on Dawn's part in the Wallace cup (Something that might ultimately happen with Dawn, as well), sometimes even contradicting events of past contests (A Fan with a Plan's reference to May's win in the Fallabor Contest says "hi") among other things, I'm surprised that Contests could even be considered to be non-fillers. Actually, theoretically speaking, 90% of the episodes that have happened (INCLUDING gym episodes) are in one sense filler episodes, as they are barely even referenced again, or riddled with errors, anyways, even going as far as treating them as never having happened or being "unimportant" (Like how in "Battle Frontier", Kanto was barely even referenced, despite the saga taking place in Kanto.).

And anyways, considering what I had to witness and my beliefs, I'd say that the show HAS gotten worse (I mean, look, the main girls now are given more Love-Hina-Esque personalities, you know what I mean.).

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Contests aren't filler though. They are there to advance Hikari's goal into the Grand Festival episodes. Filler episodes are episodes that you can skip without missing anything. In Johto, you can skip many episodes without missing anything. As a result, they're filler.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Contests aren't filler though. They are there to advance Hikari's goal into the Grand Festival episodes. Filler episodes are episodes that you can skip without missing anything. In Johto, you can skip many episodes without missing anything. As a result, they're filler.

Actually, Contests can be skipped quite a bit, especially that Fallabor contest (I mean, the writers did have May say that she won with Skitty when she really won with Beautifly), plus, think about it, May was for the most part treated as though she never existed during DP, so, in essence, you CAN skip through most of the contests she's been in without missing anything. Heck, you could theoretically skip most of Kanto and not miss anything, considering how Battle Frontier didn't even REFERENCE season 1 for the most part (despite it taking place in Kanto of all places.). See, if it isn't referred to, it can be skipped.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    There is a difference between some random filler where Ash and co. try to help some random trainer help their Pokemon that we'll never see again and someone trying to get a badge/ribbon to help achieve their goal. It's amazing how you're so biased anyone that isn't Misty. What's referancing again got anything to do with whether it's a filler?

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • It's a different series though weedle. They don't have to reference due to the fact that it has no concequence in the current series.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It's a different series though weedle. They don't have to reference due to the fact that it has no concequence in the current series.

You know, in order for something to truly be a different series, it has to, you know, have an entirely new cast (meaning, even Ash can't make the cut), almost no ties to the previous series (meaning events in that series, cast members, pokemon, and other things.), among other things.

EDIT:

There is a difference between some random filler where Ash and co. try to help some random trainer help their Pokemon that we'll never see again and someone trying to get a badge/ribbon to help achieve their goal. It's amazing how you're so biased anyone that isn't Misty. What's referancing again got anything to do with whether it's a filler?

because referencing things PROVES that they did happen. Look, some episodes, even Arcs, in some cases, even though they might have a profound impact on the series, are often ignored anyways, thus equating them to filler. I mean, almost all gym leader battles, league matches, and even pokemon characters end up not being referenced again when removed from the series. I'm sure you have noticed this with Battle Frontier, and other sagas in the Anime as well. Heck, they also had Ash not knowing how to fly Charizard in his release, despite having flown him in both filler and so-called "Important" episodes. So, really, I don't see much of a difference between fillers and important episodes, since they are both going to be treated as though they never happened anyways. either by not mentioning them, or just flat out contradicting continuity.

Last edited:
    Back