• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I've added thenickel09 to the Challengers list, and I've also added the "Sample Awards" section to the front page. Please have a look at the ones I've suggested and post with some suggestions of your own!

EDIT: Also, let me know if there's any there that you think are stupid/difficult to understand, and I'll think about getting rid of them.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Name: KoboraX
    Game: Yellow
    List of Pokemon that got away: Butterfree, Spearow, Fearow, Pikachu, Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Shellder, Cloyster, Hypno, Hitmonlee, Tangela, Flareon
    Number Required: 5
    Specific Requirements: Pikachu stays in my party.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I've added you to the Challengers list KoboraX - are you still doing your Gen II challenge? If not I'll remove you from that list.

Years
  • ohey this sounds like a cute and simple challenge. I'm game. :'D

Name: Loppy
    Game: Platinum
    List of Pokemon that got away:
    Garchomp
    Metagross
    Crobat
    Frosslass
    Toxicroak
    Drifblim
    Clefable
    Lopbunny
    Togekiss
    Jolteon
    Scizor
    Skarmory
    Altaria
    Delibird
    Bronzong
    Number required: I would like six, but maybe give me seven or eight just for the purpose of HM slaving...perhaps?
    Any specific requirements: N/A

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Loppy take a

Clefable
    Jolteon
    Froslass
    Delibird
    Toxicroak
    Metagross
    Bronzong
    Togekiss

you can pick your possible HM slaves

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    @thenickel09: Take: Aggron, Nidoqueen, Starmie, Noctowl and Hariyama. That's 2 of those you really wanted and you can always take Rhydon as the sixth ^^

Does that work?

And I'll be editing this post later, I'm currently hacking in my first three Pokémon

Thanks! I'll get on it right away. Since you didn't pick a game I'll pick Emerald, since I'm not really doing anything on my ROMs anyway.

Years
  • Loppy take a

Clefable
    Jolteon
    Froslass
    Delibird
    Toxicroak
    Metagross
    Bronzong
    Togekiss

you can pick your possible HM slaves
    Aw sweet I LOVED what you gave me, man. (even though I kind of hoped Drifblim but hey) Really, Delibird, Toxicroak, Metagross?! fkjdkghs so much love I have <3

ack, I'm going to start it tomorrow. I have trouble with emulators and hacking (the latter I am avoiding as much as possible thanks for giving me mostly Pokemon that can be found in Platinum.)

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Enough people posted, so I won't have to edit my previous post. I got a bit carried away yesterday because I found Pokémon Trading Card Game Online XD

I also changed game from Platinum to Diamond. My girlfriend still has an old save on Platinum that I didn't want to delete if she ever wants to play it again.

This will be my first update. I decided to make this a bit of a narrative, more for me to enhance my experience, but tell me if you like it, too! Since these are more work than shorter updates, this challenge will progress a lot slower than the Monotypes I do on Emulators, but I think it's good to have something to distract you from all that "powered" gaming.

I also decided to add a little more flavor to this challenge, so each of my Pokémon will be subject to one or two additional rules that fit with their character. I will change these rules whenever it fits.

So here's my update:
    Spoiler:

A little guessing game for everyone: What are the natures and characteristics of Link and Lexie? ;)

EDIT: Had a look at the awards. I like them all, mostly because they encourage challengers to tell us a bit more about their team than just levels and movesets. If I can think of another one, I'll post them ^^

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Enough people posted, so I won't have to edit my previous post. I got a bit carried away yesterday because I found Pokémon Trading Card Game Online XD

I also changed game from Platinum to Diamond. My girlfriend still has an old save on Platinum that I didn't want to delete if she ever wants to play it again.

This will be my first update. I decided to make this a bit of a narrative, more for me to enhance my experience, but tell me if you like it, too! Since these are more work than shorter updates, this challenge will progress a lot slower than the Monotypes I do on Emulators, but I think it's good to have something to distract you from all that "powered" gaming.

I also decided to add a little more flavor to this challenge, so each of my Pokémon will be subject to one or two additional rules that fit with their character. I will change these rules whenever it fits.

So here's my update:
    Spoiler:

A little guessing game for everyone: What are the natures and characteristics of Link and Lexie? ;)

EDIT: Had a look at the awards. I like them all, mostly because they encourage challengers to tell us a bit more about their team than just levels and movesets. If I can think of another one, I'll post them ^^

Loving the extra rules, I'm going to add a few optional rules to the front page. I'm guessing Link is either Impish or Lax, whereas Lexie is Timid or Bashful? Also, the Voltorb, I'm guessing at the moment, is probably Careful, Serious or Lonely...

Expect my Challenge to begin in the next few days.

Aww Shucks

Hunting Shuckle since 2008
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Name: Aww Shucks
    Game: Sapphire
    Arbok, Politoed, Poliwhirl, Cloyster, Noctowl, Ampharos, Sneasel, Primeape, Arcanine, Raichu, Nidoqueen, Pinsir, Starmie, Vaporeon, Misdreavus
    Number required: 5

bold = would love to use
    I will put the pokemon I need into the wild for the unobtainable ones. So it will be just like catching them normally! :P
    I am so anxious to start!!

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Name: Aww Shucks
    Game: Sapphire
    Arbok, Politoed, Poliwhirl, Cloyster, Noctowl, Ampharos, Sneasel, Primeape, Arcanine, Raichu, Nidoqueen, Pinsir, Starmie, Vaporeon, Misdreavus
    Number required: 5

bold = would love to use
    I will put the pokemon I need into the wild for the unobtainable ones. So it will be just like catching them normally! :P
    I am so anxious to start!!

You can have Politoed, Cloyster, Arbok, Raichu, and Pinsir.

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Sammu I am loving the awards!!

Just an idea, as an optional rule you could have restrictions (like the Scramble challenge) as your optional rule kind of hints towards that.

I have passed 20 hours gameplay and have only collected 3 badges in my Hard Gold run...

Ces soirees-la

Hello, Hello
    Years
  • Name: Ces soirees-la
    Game: LG
    Spoiler:

Number required: 6
    Any specific requirements: none

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Name: Ces soirees-la
    Game: LG
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Any specific requirements: none

Take Kabuto, Rhyhorn, Pidgey, Eevee, Sandshrew and Growlithe

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Apologies for taking so long but I've added everyone to the Challengers list. I've gone a bit Nuzlocke crazy recently so my own 2nd challenge is on hold again, but I've not forgotten.

I never forget.

Keep the updates coming people!

NeroTH

Aspiring Master of Mega Evolution
    Years
  • Got any Pokemon stuck in your PC, waiting for the day they're finally given the chance to shine? Maybe you couldn't catch them before you beat the Elite Four. Maybe you had to choose a different Pokemon because they'd make completing the game easier. Maybe there were just too many awesome Pokemon to choose from, and seeing as you can only have a team of 6, some cool Pokemon that you always wanted to raise just slipped through the net...

Well, here's your chance to finally give them their turn to shine! Everyone must have a stack of Pokemon stashed away somewhere that they never got the chance to use on a team, even if you really wanted to originally. Catch them as normal, trade (at as low a level as possible, preferably as eggs) or hack them to a new game, and complete a playthrough with team members you've never used before!

Name: Rafe
    Game:
    Pokemon FireRed
    Spoiler:

Any specific requirements:
    (Not exactly a requirement, but I'd REALLY like to Start with Sneasel, but even if not, that's alright.) Chosen Pokemon are caught in their initial forms unless certain requirements make such impossible (Ex. Can't trade from a ROM, so Gengar would be caught wild in Pokemon Tower), Nat. Dex. Unlocked immediately to promote evolution for Post-Game Dex Pokes.

And that's it. Anybody?

Years
  • Name: Rafe
    Game:
    Pokemon FireRed
    Spoiler:

Any specific requirements:
    (Not exactly a requirement, but I'd REALLY like to Start with Sneasel, but even if not, that's alright.) Chosen Pokemon are caught in their initial forms unless certain requirements make such impossible (Ex. Can't trade from a ROM, so Gengar would be caught wild in Pokemon Tower), Nat. Dex. Unlocked immediately to promote evolution for Post-Game Dex Pokes.

And that's it. Anybody?

Take Sneasel, Wailord, Houndour, Dusclops, Marowak, and Oddish

Name:Damn it
    Game:Heart gold
    List of pokemon that got away: Kadabra, Magcargo, Ariados, Machamp, Haunter, Raticate, Quagsire, Muk, Kingler, Starmie, Steelix, Dragonite, Pinsir, Rapidash, Xatu, Exeggutor, Vileplume, Dodrio, Venomoth, Butterfree.
    Number required:6
    Any specific requirements: An early game pokemon would be nice.

NeroTH

Aspiring Master of Mega Evolution
    Years
  • Name:Damn it
    Game:Heart gold
    List of pokemon that got away: Kadabra, Magcargo, Ariados, Machamp, Haunter, Raticate, Quagsire, Muk, Kingler, Starmie, Steelix, Dragonite, Pinsir, Rapidash, Xatu, Exeggutor, Vileplume, Dodrio, Venomoth, Butterfree.
    Number required:6
    Any specific requirements: An early game pokemon would be nice.

Thank you. ^^

And Now, I'll let you take Machamp, Ariados, Steelix, Dragonite, Magcargo, & Kingler.

Oh, and also, look up Primo on bulbapedia. That'll help you with getting the Magcargo early on. (As a Slugma, albeit)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back