• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    ^ Go for it. I won't put your team in the original post until you've beaten the game so it's fine with me.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Is it okay if I take a break from Leaf Green and start on Sapphire? I'm really over Kanto at the moment.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    By all means. You're in the Challengers list under "Ultimate Challengers" anyway, rather than listed under the specific game, so do them in any order you like. I believe Mistyblu gave you your team, so you should be good to go!

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Blissy's The Ones Who Got Away Challenge! - Platinum Version!
    Chapter 1: :O
    Blissy's updating!

• Started with hacking in Charmander, Ledyba, and Slowking.
    • Beat Doom on Route 103.
    • Beat Rorak.
    • Beat the TG grunts with Lucas.
    • Beat Mars and TG at the Valley Windworks.
    • Beat Gardenia.
    • Beat Jupiter in the Galactic Eterna Building.
    • Beat Fantina.
    • Beat Maylene.
    • Caught Skorupi and Carnivine in the Great Marsh.
    Now I'm ready to battle Doom, and head to the Pastoria Gym.

This concludes this chapter of my The Ones Who Got Away Challenge.
    Blissy's Squad:
    Spr_4d_005.png

Blitz (Charmeleon) Lv. 33
    Moves: Cut, Dragon Rage, Fire Fang, Slash
    Spr_4d_166_m.png

5-Star (Ledian) Lv. 33
    Moves: Aerial Ace, Silver Wind, Reflect, Drain Punch

I'll post the rest later.

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Sooooo...I started playing and ended up doing the first 3 gyms without actually stopping to post updates. Anyway, here's update 1 on my Sapphire challenge, don't worry, the others should be smaller.

-Started the game, named myself Tachi
    -Chose Torchic, no real reason
    -Beat May on Route 103
    -Caught Papillon the the Wurmple, grinded to level 10
    -Helped Wally catch a Ralts
    -Beat the Aqua grunt and saved the Devon worker in Petalburg woods
    -Grinded to level 16 and headed to the gym

Vs. Roxanne.
    She led off with a Geodude, which fell to a crit absorb. Nosepass was next and through super potions, poison and absorb spam, we won! Stone Badge get!

-Outside the gym, plot was happening
    -Papillon one shotted the Aqua Grunt's Poochyena with gust, getting the Devon goods back and rescuing Peeko
    -Got the pokenav and 2 delivery quests
    -Headed to Dewford Town
    -Suddenly, gym time!

Vs. Brawly.
    He started with Machop, which easily fell to a couple of gusts. Next up was Makuhita, who would've gone down in 3 turns if Brawly didn't have super potions. He only managed to inflict 4 damage though. Knuckle Badge get!

-Got Flash, completed my first delivery quest
    -Completed the second delivery quest, met Archie
    -Easily beat May
    -Caught Ohana the Oddish
    -Trained her into a Gloom
    -Beat the Winstrates
    -Traded in the mother for another team member, because there's no way I'm beating Wattson with these two. Introducing Mack the Slugma
    -Got Mack to level 25 and then...Gym time!

Vs. Wattson.
    He began with Magnemite, which fell to Mack's ember before sending out Voltorb, I withdrew Mack and sent out Ohana to stall while I healed, it hit Ohana with a sonicboom and selfdestruct, but she survived with 16HP. Finally, Magneton. It KOd Ohana with Sonicboom, got paralyzed by Papillon and fell to repeated embers from Mack. Dynamo Badge get!

Current Team:
    Spr_3r_218.png

Mack/Slugma Lv.25 M
    Magma Armor/Sassy
    -Ember
    -Harden
    -Yawn
    -Rock Throw
    Spr_3r_267.png

Papillon/Beautifly Lv.26 M
    Swarm/Sassy
    -Mega Drain
    -Gust
    -Morning Sun
    -Stun Spore
    Spr_3r_044.png

Ohana/Gloom Lv.27 F
    Chlorophyll/Gentle
    -Absorb
    -Acid
    -PoisonPowder
    -Sleep Powder

Years
  • Name: Kitred123
    Game: Emerald
    List of Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

I can hack in pokemon.
    Number of Pokemon: 3-5
    Other: Variety of Pokemon please?

スティブ

Newbie and proud of it
    Years
  • Probopass andName: Steve(It's the translation)
    Game: HeartGold
    List of Pokemon that got away:In no special order
    Spoiler:

Number required: 4
    Any specific requirements: Nope

Arceus8888

I am a owner of a S. Giratina!
    Years
  • Name:Arceus8888
    Game:Emerald Rom
    List of Pokemon that got away:Evolving of course

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Number required:
    Special requirements: Atleast one legendary that can learn hm moves

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Name: Kitred123
    Game: Emerald
    List of Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

I can hack in pokemon.
    Number of Pokemon: 3-5
    Other: Variety of Pokemon please?

Try it with your pick from Seedot, Aron, Phanpy, Staryu and Electrike.

Probopass andName: Steve(It's the translation)
    Game: HeartGold
    List of Pokemon that got away:In no special order
    Spoiler:

Number required: 4
    Any specific requirements: Nope

Take Dusknoir, Altaria, Hitmonchan and Ludicolo.

Name:Arceus8888
    Game:Emerald Rom
    List of Pokemon that got away:Evolving of course

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Number required:
    Special requirements: Atleast one legendary that can learn hm moves

Try it with Cyndaquil, Deoxys, Latios, Feebas, Rhyhorn and Pikachu (you didn't specify how many you wanted so I gave you a full team - if you want fewer than 6 just pick however many you want from those 6).

Added all 3 of you to the Challengers list. Enjoy!

Arceus8888

I am a owner of a S. Giratina!
    Years
  • Ok i did want the team of 6 so i will hack them into one of the 1st routes and catch them there, but cyndaquil is my starter
    *EDIT*
    Here is everything so far:
    Started game, named self Arceus8, Boy
    WTH I LIVE IN A CAVE??? *i hacked the rom before to do that :D*
    Got Cyndaquil
    Got Master Ball from Cyndaquil!
    Went though one of the cave entrances on my house and found Faraway Island, OOPS SORRY MEW WRONG ISLAND! *was a long time since i used this rom*
    Went though another and got to Birth Island
    Completed puzzle and caught Deoxys
    Went through lilycove to fight a trainer to return to Littleroot town
    Beat May with Cyndaquil, she had treecko
    Caught Latios, Pikachu *Light ball on it too, YAY*, Feebas, and Rhyhorn
    Heres there stats, still training right now though

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to drop out of this challenge, something went wrong and my save file got deleted and i don't really feel like repeating everything all over again. I'll try and come back here eventually and start over but for now you'll have to remove me from the list "/

Years
  • OTGA Update #1

Alrighty, I started earlier today and played a little bit here and there and this is the first update.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    -Got Rock Smash and Strength, taught them to Torchic
    -Went north to Fallabor Town
    -Caught Nox the Lunatone at Meteor Falls
    -Team Magma showed up to chase Team Aqua away
    -Got Nox to level 22 and headed to Mt. Chimney

Vs. Archie.
    Nox and Mightyena were sent out first, Nox hit with Hypnosis and then returned to its pokeball to let Papillon defeat the dog. Next up was golbat, I sent Nox out again and it defeated golbat with 2 confusions. Finally, Sharpedo. Papillon defeated it with a couple of mega drains.

-Caught Porky the Spoink in Jagged pass and headed into Lavaridge Town
    -Gym Time!

Vs. Flannery.
    I started with Porky, she started with Slugma, one crit psybeam later she sent out another Slugma. Another 2 psybeams and Torkoal was up, so I sent in Nox. After wasting both her hyper potions, she took Nox down. Ohana finished her off with Acid. Heat Badge get.

-Got the Go-Goggles
    -Went back to Petalburg, gym time!

Vs. Norman.
    He sent out a Slaking and I led with Nox. After lots of yawning, hypnosis and confusion, Nox won flawlessly. Next up Ohana vs Vigoroth, after exchanging blows for a while Ohana eventually lost. I sent in Nox who sent it packing with more confusion. Finally, Norman's second Slaking, after wasting his second hyper potion, he eventually beat Nox. Mack went out and finished it with Ember. Balance Badge get!

Current Team:
    Spr_3r_218.png

Mack/Slugma Lv.30 M
    Magma Armor/Sassy
    -Ember
    -Amnesia
    -Yawn
    -Rock Throw
    Spr_3r_337.png

Nox/Lunatone Lv.30
    Levitate/Hasty
    -Confusion
    -Rock Throw
    -Hypnosis
    -Tackle
    Spr_3r_044.png

Ohana/Gloom Lv.30 F
    Chlorophyll/Gentle
    -Absorb
    -Acid
    -PoisonPowder
    -Sleep Powder
    Spr_3r_267.png

Papillon/Beautifly Lv.31 M
    Swarm/Sassy
    -Mega Drain
    -Gust
    -Morning Sun
    -Stun Spore
    Spr_3r_325.png

Porky/Spoink Lv.25 M
    Thick Fat/Bashful
    -Psybeam
    -Odor Sleuth
    -Confuse Ray
    -Psych Up

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    -Got Surf, traded in the mother for Pearl, the Gorebyss
    -Got Ice Beam on the "Abandoned" ship and taught it to Pearl
    -Headed northeast, met Steven again
    -Went to the Weather Institute, Porky evolved
    -Beat Shelly without taking any damage

Vs. May.
    She started with Shroomish, I led with Papillon, gust was a 2 hit KO but Papillon was leech seeded. Next up, Pearl vs Numel, surf was predictably a one hit ko. Ohana managed a two hit KO on Marshtomp with absorb.

-Got HM02
    -Went through Fortree City, got the Devon Scope

Vs. Winona.
    I led with Pearl, who defeated Winona's Swellow with one Ice Beam, next up was Porky vs Pelipper, Porky won with one Shock Wave. Next up was Pearl vs Skarmory, Ice beam missed 4 times in a row after 1 sand attack, but Pearl still won. Altaria was almost defeated in one ice beam, but proceeded to paralyze Pearl with dragonbreath, I switched in Nox who finished it off with a Rock Throw. Feather Badge get!

-Beat May again in Lilycove City, apart from her starter it was a clean sweep for Pearl
    -Beat up Team Aqua at Mt. Pyre but was too late to stop them getting the Red Orb
    -Ran back to Slateport just in time for Team Aqua to steal Stern's submarine...maybe I should've flown
    -Caught a wingull and flew back to Lilycove city. I was too late to stop Archie escaping in the submarine...
    -Surfed to Mossdeep City, got a Sun Stone and evolved Ohana
    -Flew to Fallabor Town and taught Ohana magical leaf
    -Gym Time!

Vs. Liza and Tate.
    Wow...I'm underleveled. Anyway, Lunatone and Solrock vs Pearl and Papillon, my two most badass team members if their pokedex entries are to be believed. Turn one saw both of the leaders' pokemon in the yellow, Pearl on 1HP and Lunatone with its stats boosted, next turn Pearl and Papillon both fainted, next up were Nox and Ohana. Nox was quickly put to sleep and Ohana failed to finish off Lunatone with magical leaf, Solrock used flamethrower for less than half of Ohana's health, they proceeded to heal Lunatone, Solrock used Sunny day before fainting to Ohana's magical leaf. Using her new speed boost, Ohana put Lunatone to sleep, after several magical leaves and cosmic powers it woke up again and KOd Ohana...then got brought back to full health. Mack was sent out, Nox put Lunatone to sleep and I set about raising defenses. It woke up again and put Nox to sleep, Mack yawned it and it used light screen. Then it was just a matter of spamming confusion and flamethrower until it fainted. Unfortunately Mack fainted to a crit Psychic and Porky had to take his place. Mind Badge get!

-Got HM08 from Steven
    -Beat up Team Aqua in the Seafloor Cavern

Vs. Archie.
    It started off Mightyena vs Papillon, but after a silver wind he switched to Crobat, I switched in Pearl and it fell to a psychic and an ice beam. Mightyena came back out and was promptly surfed into the ground. Next up was Sharpedo vs Ohana, the shark fell in 2 magical leaves.

-Suddenly, the world's going to flood...why am I always 5 seconds too late?
    -Went to Sootopolis City
    -Headed into the Cave of Origin, got HM07, ran away from Kyogre...which apparently saved the world
    -Gym time!

Vs. Wallace.
    He started with Luvdisc and I started with Ohana, magical leaf was a one hit KO. Next up was Sealeo, who was two hit KOd by giga drain. Next up was Milotic, I sent Porky out and...barely managed a two hit KO with Shock Wave after 5 calm minds and several hyper potions. Next up, Whiscash, who fell to a single psychic. As did Seaking. Rain Badge get!

-Got through Victory Road, had to sideline Ohana and Mack for some HM slaves though

Vs. Wally.
    Pearl one shotted Altaria with Ice Beam, Magneton fell to Porky's psychic, as did Delcatty, Gardevoir fell to Shock Wave and Roselia was psychic'd.

-Did some grinding, got everyone to level 45

Pre-E4 Team:

Mack/Magcargo Lv.45 M
    Magma Armor/Sassy
    -Flamethrower
    -Amnesia
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Throw

Nox/Lunatone Lv.45
    Levitate/Hasty
    -Psychic
    -Rock Throw
    -Hypnosis
    -Cosmic Power

Ohana/Bellossom Lv.45 F
    Chlorophyll/Gentle
    -Giga Drain
    -Magical Leaf
    -Moonlight
    -Sleep Powder

Papillon/Beautifly Lv.45 M
    Swarm/Sassy
    -Silver Wind
    -Aerial Ace
    -Morning Sun
    -Shadow Ball

Porky/Grumpig Lv.45 M
    Thick Fat/Bashful
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    -Confuse Ray
    -Shock Wave

Vs. Sidney.
    Mightyena and Mack were the first on the field, he used crunch, Mack used Flamethrower and got a burn, he hit with another crunch and Mack finished it with another flamethrower. Next up were Sharpedo and Ohana, he used crunch, Ohana used giga drain, he used a full restore, Ohana KOd it with Magical Leaf. Next up was Absol vs Pearl, he used snatch and Pearl hit him with Surf, he used Slash and Pearl finished it with another surf. Next up were Papillon and Cacturne, Silver Wind was a one hit KO. Finally, Shiftry came out, it faked Papillon out and swaggered him, but took a +2 attack, STAB, 4x super effective Silver Wind to the face anyway.

-Healed up and headed into the next room

Vs. Phoebe.
    We began with Pearl and Dusclops, Pearl took off half its HP with Surf before getting confused, she hurt herself and got shadow punched before snapping out of confusion and finishing it with another surf. Next was Banette which defeated Pearl with a crit shadow ball. Papillon went out, got hit with a failed spite, used shadow ball, got spited, used aerial ace, Phoebe used a full restore, used aerial ace again, got spited, used shadow ball, got shadow balled, finished it with Shadow Ball. Next was dusclops, I sent out Mack, who hit it with a flamethrower before getting earthquaked...next was Porky, who confused it, tanked a shadow ball, hit it with psychic twice and then got earthquaked. Papillon went out and finished it with Shadow Ball. Next was Sableye, I sent Ohana to deal with it. After a bunch of giga drains, magical leaves and sleep powders it fell. Next up was Banette, I kept Ohana out and hit sleep powder, immediately regretting this when I remembered Banette has insomnia...then it went first and used skill swap before falling asleep. It got taken down in three magical leaves.

-Healed the team and went to deal with Glacia

Vs. Glacia.
    First to fight were Mack and Glalie, after amnesiaing it up, Mack took the snowball down with a crit Flamethrower. Only to be taken down by Sealeo...I sent out Ohana to do what she does best, KO things in their sleep, she took down one Sealeo and got the other in the yellow before a string of surprisingly accurate blizzards and surprisingly inaccurate sleep powders got her KOd. Nox finished the job but got KOd by her next Glalie, Pearl psychic'd it out though. Porky went out against Walrein but got Sheer Cold'd. I sacrificed Pearl and Papillon to heal Ohana and Porky...although healing Porky proved uneccessary.

-Healed the team and went to fight pirate Lance

Vs. Drake.
    Pearl took down Shelgon easily enough, but fell to Altaria (How did it survive an ice beam?!), Nox finished it with Rock Throw, next was Salamence, I risked hypnosis, but it KOd Nox before the attack could happen, Ohana went out and he tried to use Fly, I switched Mack in to take the hit and buy time for me to heal Pearl. Pearl took to the field and KOd him with a crit ice beam! Next was Flygon, which managed to survive the first turn courtesy of a lucky dragonbreath, the second one wasn't so lucky.

-Healed and went to defeat the champion

Vs. Steven!
    Mack and Skarmory were first to fight, Mack got toxic'd but nearly KOd Skarmory in return with Flamethrower, he used spikes and got KOd. Next up was Armaldo, I sent Pearl in to deal with it, Surf would've been a two hit KO if he didn't use a full restore. Next was Aggron, which has rubbish special defense, one surf was all it took. Next was Papillon vs Cradily, not my smartest move...Ohana went in next, shrugged off a sludge bomb and put it to sleep, I took the chance to heal my team, I got everyone fully healed and realised that Ohana was out of Sleep Powders...oops. Mack went out and I learned that rock is neutral to itself, I sent Porky out to confuse it so I could heal Mack. The resulting string of confuse rays, full restores and hyper potions gave Porky plenty of time to max his special stats, psychic was a one hit KO. Next up was Claydol...who got a crit Earthquake, damn. Pearl had an easy enough time with it though. Finally, Metagross...I had to item stall him before letting Mack KO it.

MVP: Pearl, those defenses were amazing, letting her survive hits against Steven's Metagross and her special attack was pretty good too.
    LVP: Nox, although if I had bought a second ice beam TM it might've been useful against Drake, Psychic/Rock is just a terrible typing against this elite four, with a grand total of 3 pokemon not able to hit it for super effective damage.
    Most Ridiculous Pokedex entry I never would've seen otherwise: Magcargo, 18,000 degrees farenheit? That's almost twice the sun's temperature...
    Creepiest Pokedex entry I never would've seen otherwise: Gorebyss, that thing stabs it's mouth into creatures and drinks them.
    Most Diverse Moveset: Papillon, although his stats weren't good enough to make much use of it towards the end of the game.
    Least Diverse Moveset: Ohana, it didn't stop her being useful though.
    One I'll use again: I honestly wasn't expecting Gorebyss or Bellossom to have such amazing defenses, I'll definitely consider them in future playthroughs.

...And now, my list for Heart Gold, featuring all the pokemon from the first four generations that I want to use but never got a chance...6 please, no restrictions...and yes I know there are a lot of water types.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    tachikaze take a

-Honchkrow
    -Dunsparce
    -Sunflora
    -Seviper
    -Mantine
    -Camerupt

in other news i've lost my Soul Silver so my challenge is put on hold until I find it. In the meantime, I'll take a Heart Gold challenge (full team of 6)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    tachikaze take a

-Honchkrow
    -Dunsparce
    -Sunflora
    -Seviper
    -Mantine
    -Camerupt

in other news i've lost my Soul Silver so my challenge is put on hold until I find it. In the meantime, I'll take a Heart Gold challenge (full team of 6)

Spoiler:

Give it a go with Huntail, Absol, Leafeon, Granbull, Torkoal and Exeggutor. You're already on the Challengers list in the right place, so no need to alter that. Altered tachikaze316's Challenger/Champions list status too. Enjoy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back