• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2012
    Name: JettenD
    Game: Crystal
    List of Pokemon that got away:
    Golduck
    Hypno
    Togetic
    Umbreon
    Muk
    Nidoking
    Nidoqueen
    Murkrow
    Houndoom
    Kingler
    Poliwrath
    Slowbro
    Number required: 3-6
    Any specific requirements: None really.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Name: JettenD
    Golduck
    Hypno
    Togetic
    Umbreon
    Muk
    Nidoking
    Nidoqueen
    Murkrow
    Houndoom
    Kingler
    Poliwrath
    Slowbro
    Number required: 3-6
    Any specific requirements: None really.

Try it with Poliwrath, Nidoking and Nidoqueen, plus your choice from Umbreon, Togetic and Houndoom. You're on the Challengers list - enjoy!

Years
  • I'll edit this post when I have a list of Pokemon in my box that "got away" but I want to note that I probably have to list every legendary Pokemon I've ever caught (which is all of them up to Gen 3) to this list. I wasn't really a big user of any of them. I really don't think I ever used one except maybe Mew. Maybe.

Years
  • Wow, that took a while to type up. Are people interested in reading all this stuff or should I try to cut down for future updates?

Please keep the longer updates, really enjoyed reading that :)

Ghost Bike from Outter Space.
    -Visited the Old Chateau.
    -Cleared out Etrna's Galatic Base (something that obvious is NOT a hideout).
    -Got my bike.
    -Went back to Oreburgh Gate.
    -Advanced onward to get the dowsing app from Dawn, then got the EQ tm (THIS EARLY *DROOLS*) and help the little girl with a Kadabra.
    -Went through Mt Corronet.
    -Arrived in Hearthome City.
    -Did some stuff around the city.
    -Took on Fantina's Gym.
    -Defeated Fantina using WildThing's Confusion on Duskull, Anaconda's Fire Fang on Mismagius and Jaw's Faint Attack. Got the Shadow Claw TM and the Relic Badge.

Team Info
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    127.gif
    Jaws/Pinsir@Shell Bell
    Rash/Mold Breaker/Level 24/Male
    Stats:73/77/62/44/42/55
    Moveset:Faint Attack-Egg Move
    Brick Break
    Earthquake
    Rock Tomb
    Opinion:I....HAVE...THE POWER !!!Stats have greatly boosted ,and 77 attack scares EVERYTHING !!I forgot I had Mold Breaker, so when I was training against those Bronzor's and smashing them with EQ I wondered why none had levitate, and have literally just remembered Mold Breaker ! 2 moveset changes give Jaws EdgeQuake (Kinda), plus a very powerful attack in Brick Break , and Faint Attack kinda sweeps up what I don't already hit. Shell Bell rewards its power with regenerating health, good trade off IMO.9/10

Good to see you're enjoying your Pinsir as much as I did - mine was insanely powerful for mid-game stretches.

Years
  • Good to see you're enjoying your Pinsir as much as I did - mine was insanely powerful for mid-game stretches.

I hope it keeps this fun to use , as other members *cough* DELIBIRD*cough* , I imagine it will because my type generally lacks attacking power

Omn

Moogle King
    Years
  • Name: Omn
    Game: Platinum
    List of Pokemon that got away: Gible,Skorupi,Porygon 2,Psyduck,Cranidos,Murkrow,Munchlax, Trapinch, Eevee, Teddiursa,Magmortar, Sneasel, Milotic
    Number required:8(2 hm slaves)
    Any specific requirements: Would love to have a surfer and a flyer

Last edited:
    Years
  • Omn here are your 8 pokemanz

Skorupi, Munchlax, Teddiursa, Cranidos, Murkrow, Eevee, Magmortar, Sneasel

As for my updates which I really need to post - Sunday. In fairness to me, my life has been super busy with tons of school work and vacationing etc. Please hold me to this as I am likely to procrastinate...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Been an even longer time, it seems. Herro.

RSE_PokemonRangerM.png

Player: Mark
    Game: Emerald
    Badges: 6

Spr_3e_264.gif

Cameron / Linoone (m) lv. 44
    Slash, Secret Power, Surf, Dig

Spr_3e_324.gif

Alphabet / Torkoal (f) lv. 43 @ Quick Claw
    Flamethrower, Body Slam, Protect, Amnesia

Spr_3e_326.gif

Telepork / Grumpig (m) lv. 43
    Thief, Psychic, Shock Wave, Confuse Ray

Spr_3e_353.gif

Bayone / Shuppet (m) lv. 32
    Night Shade, Will-O-Wisp, Thunderbolt, Spite

Spr_3e_111.gif

Crater / Rhyhorn (f) lv. 31
    Rock Blast, Fury Attack, Tail Whip, Stomp

Hate playing catch-up with levels, but eh, what're ya gonna do? Still got one more party member, but he's so awesome it won't take him long to catch up.

Years
  • Eep. Kinda forgot about updating heh heh.

SO! Here is my "long awaited" update, but this one is for firered. Diamond will probably come later today or tomorrow.

Briefing on team: Tentacruel, Hypno, Exeggcutor, Pidgeot and Primeape.

Started game, named self Golurk picked Squirtle and named her May. Did other pregame stuff. Caught female pidgey on route 1 and female Mankey on route 22. Named them Inara and Suki respectively. Took on my first "official" rival challenge (since I had my actual team members on it). Destroyed Gary with Inara. Gust was used to bring down his toad. Continued on til Pewter city, where Suki pwned throughout the gym. Continued on through Mt. Moon, where *GASP* there were ROCKETS! Took them down with ease, and picked up the dome fossil. Suddenly, Inara began to evolve!!! Moved on to Cerulean, destroyed Gary with my newly evolved Pidgeotto, both members of my team were around the 20's by now. Helped that wierdo Bill out, and went to the Gym so I could beast through it. (YAY for evolved pokes!) Then I went to the bike shop (what? 1,000,000,000 pokedollars?) Continued on down to Vermillion, headed over to route 11...and went crazy. For some reason, I decided I deeply cared about natures(?) and went on a drowzee catching spree...lol. Found a calm female, and named her Trelawney. Then i destroyed the S.S. Anne with said droxzee, along with that brat Gary. Got cut, (yay I can cut things! mwahaha) and went to take down L.T Surge, with my main man (girl) mankey (alliteration!) Claimed my bike (as rightfully so) headed to the the east, and journeyed through Rock tunnel, which surprisingly wasn't too horrible. Then, my path took a weird turn... After arriving in Lavender town, I went to Celadon, just to beat Team Rocket and get the Silph Scope. Trelawney is evolving! dun..dun... and so is Suki! dun..dun.. Got the tea (and a leaf stone for later), went back through Saffron to Lavender Town (got psychic aong the way), and took down the tower along with that jerk Gary. After gaining the pokeflute, I journeyed down route 12 avoiding as many trainers as possible. I arrived in Fuchsia, went to the Safari zone and once again went on a catching spree, for exeggcute. Caught a male one and named him Haymitch, who I trained on the cycling road, which I had saved for him. Then I took down koga after teaching Haymitch psychic, (he and Trelawney beasted). Inara evolved once again! dun.. dun. After beating Koga I caught myself a tentacool, who I named Emile and trained him up in the Pokemon Tower. Emile is evolving! Then I headed down to Cinnabar, where I am now kind of contemplating reviving the Kabuto which is kind of assigned to me. (It was supposed to be one of my original team members, but I asked for a switch since the majority of the game would be without over half of my team.)

DA TEAM

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Keep the updates coming people! I've added Omn (belatedly) to the Challengers list.

GolurkIsDaBomb - get Giga Drain, Barrier and Ice Beam on that Tentacruel, stat! I had a Tentacruel on my first Sapphire Nuzlocke team, and she was a beast with that moveset (plus Surf, which obviously your Tentacruel already has).

King!

better
    Years
  • Name: King!
    Game: Pokemon HeartGold
    List of Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Number of Pokemon: 4-6 Pokemon (so like what sammu did above, give four for sure and then two optional ones, if you will~)
    Requirements: No two Pokemon with the same type, please. And also a surfer and flyer would be nice :) The bolded Pokemon are ones I want a lot and italics are ones I don't want so much, but feel free to ignore that xD

I'm not sure how many of these Pokemon I'll actually be able to get over to HG, but don't worry about that, if I find I can't get one I'll just ask for a replacement. Thank you~

Years
  • Because I am a jerk, your team consists of all italacized pokemanz!
    And because I am even more of a jerk, the flyer and the surfer are the optional ones!

Team: Arbok Sunflora Ambipom Probopass
    Optional: Salamence Blastoise

*If you really hate this team or have a problem or just really want to replace one of your official members with an optional, just tell me. Personally, I do find that the pokes that you are least inclined to tend to be the most rewarding when they kick butt, and the over-powered ones just make the whole thing less enjoyable. However, all these pokes are pretty strong...

Good Luck!

*As for my next update, that will be firered. I figure it's easier to just get that one out of the way and then post diamond.

King!

better
    Years
  • ;________________________________________________________;
    ihatemyselfandwannadieihatemylifeomgwhydidyoudothistomeohmygoshi'mgoingtoloseomgomgomgomgogmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

:x

Anyways... I'm almost positive I can get all of those, but I'll have to double check in a minute. Bagon I'm certain about, as well as Sunkern obviously. Ekans I can get... And Aipom is in this game, yeah. So Squirtle and Nosepass I'll check real quick, but I think I have them xD

Thanks.... *grumbles*

EDIT: Alright, so Blastoise for sure won't work D: I don't have one in any of my games anywhere :\ So if I could have a different surfer that would be nice n.n And then I don't think I can get a Probopass in HG or a Nosepass anywhere anyways x.x

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Name: KoboraX
    Game: White
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Number required: 2-3
    Any specific requirements: Surprise me :P

Years
  • @King do you have ruby/sapphire/emerald? You can find nosepass there, but if not that's cool. Take Swampert and Dustox
    Spoiler:

@koboraX surprise, eh?

Take Dwebble Foongus and Cubchoo, yes unevolved. If it really irks you, feel free to evolve em up!

King!

better
    Years
  • Sorry I was being dumb xD Swampert and Nosepass I can do. Just I'll have to decide when to trade Nosepass back over to Diamond to evolve it real quick. Any ideas?

I'll be starting as soon as I can. First I need to make all the eggs, then trade them over and blah. Lots of work xD But I'll get at least that much done today! My team in the end will be this:
    Arbok
    Swampert
    Probopass
    Ambipom
    Salamence (which, I decided, doesn't really count as a flyer cause it cant even learn it until 50 but whatever -.-')
    Sunflora

.___________. let the games begin ;;

right after I hide GolurkIsDaBomb's body

Years
  • ^^lol, good luck! Maybe evolve nosepass after the 6th gym, as a tribute to Jasmine?

NEXT FIRERED UPDATE! This is the second to last one, after this it's all elite four, which may end up just being in an edit to this post

So, I decided against kabuto, too much work. I took on Erica with Emile the tentacruel, to gain him some levels. This turned out to be harder than I thought, since emile only had acid and surf... but I won it. I modified his moveset at the gamecorner, and went to silph co. Not much too say except for how easy Goivanni was to beat, I mean isn't he supposed to be the toughest gym leader AND a boss of an evil organization? sigh... I headed back to cinnabar and soon discovered that route 21 is MY LEAST FAVORITE ROUTE IN THE POKEMON UNIVERSE!!!!!!!! No, not because of the incessant tentacool (I didn't encounter ANY wild battles, weird.) but because of the freakin' trainers. My God. EVERY single trainer has a pokemon with protect or some sort of confusing move, and when you're trying to train an exeggcute that's slow and only knows psychic too attack... it was torture. When haymitch finally leveled to 43 an learned solar beam, gave him a leaf stone. (dun..dun) I took on the pokemon mansion, found the key and got lots o "vitamins" *cough* steroids *cough* *cough* and went to the gym. I soon defeated blaine, using Suki (rock slide) Emile (surf) and Trelawney (special-defensiveness. Many pokes fainted along the way due to my idiocy and unluckiness. I went to viridian and took down Giovanni, who was EXTREMELY easy, using every single one of my pokes. Maybe two took damage? Then I healed up and took on that jerk Gary. Basic rundown.
    Tentacruel vs Pidgeot death by icebeam Hypno vs Alakazam death by shadowball
    Tentacruel vs rhyhorn death by surf Exeggcutor vs growlithe death by psychic
    Exeggcutor vs Gyarados death by solarbeam Exeggcutor vs Venusaur death by psychic
    Only tentacruel took damage. Now I am at Victory Road. *groan* I hate this place....

DA TEAM

Spoiler:

LAST UPDATE!!!

Made my way through victory road, it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be (I think I was thinking of sapphires V.R.) When I reached the elite four, my pokes were around Lvl 47, so for kicks, I decided to take on the elite four. Surprisingly, I did pretty well managing to get all the way up to Lance. After failing that battle multiple times, I decided to train in victory road...which lasted all of 10 minutes, getting everyone up to level 49. It really bored me, and I did pretty well before, my main downfall was lack of items. So I took them down again, restocked on full restores, revives etc. Lorelei - took down her dewgong with a couple brick breaks from Suki. Then I defeated her slowbro, cloyster and ALMOST her lapras with a sunny day solar beam combo from haymitch. Her lapras survived with like 2 HP, so Suki finished her up with a brick break and took down the Jynx with a rock slide from Suki. Check. Then Bruno. EASY! Took him on with Trelawney who beasted through with many calm minds used when the onix was out and then psychics to take down the rest. Agatha, not much harder. Used Emile with barrier to protect against shadowballs. Ended up having to use multiple berries as I was paralyzed, poisoned and confused... BUT Emile prevailed with many surfs and an icebeam or two here and there. Next, the dreaded Lance. Took down Gyarados with sunny day solar beam combo used by Haymitch, as well as almost taking down aerodactyl with the same combo (he survived by a hair... and knocked me out) Then I brought in Inara... which ended with her fainting... He was taken out by Emile, who destroyed the dragonairs and the dragonite with ice beam/barrier combo. Last. GARY. Took down his Pidgeot with an ice beam and a surf by Emile, then his Alakazam with a thundershock/calm mind/ shadow ball combo by Trelawney (I had her hold a cheri berry to avoid the synchronize paralyzation) and then had her try to take out gyarados, which failed. Suki an Inara came in to help an got rid of gyarados and arcanine with the cost of their "lives". At this point I had run out of every healing item. *Gulp* But, Emile and Haymitch to the rescue! Emile took down rhydon, left with very low HP. HAYMITCH TO THE RESCUE! Two psychics later on that venusaur that was dumb enough to try and set up on a psychic destroyer like Haymitch....I BECAME CHAMPION!!!!!!!!
    As for thoughts on my team... everything is the same as above except Suki was level 50, Haymitch and Inara were level 49, and Emile and Trelawney were level 51. Movesets and my thoughts are the same.
    AWARDS!
    MVP: Emile + Trelawney
    LVP: ...I liked them all...
    Elite Destroyers: Emile + Trelawney
    Most Improved: Inara + Haymitch
    Steadiest: Suki
    Most Strategic Movesets: Inara/Haymitch/Emile
    Underused: Inara
    Overused: Emile

My diamond updates will come soon, however....
    I'D LIKE TO START ANOTHER CHALLENGE! This time on crystal, it's on the computer, is that okay? There isn't any way to cheat or speed it up...

Name: Lurky-Lurk
    Number of Pokes: 5
    List:
    Spoiler:

Specifications: A challenge please! Make me pay for being a jerk! (<- well, not actually...)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    @King! - I've added you to the HGSS Challengers list, but I already have you down under RSE. Should I assume your RSE challenge has been cancelled and take you off that list?

@KoboraX - likewise, I've added you to the BW list, but I've already got you down under RBY, GSC and DPPt - should I take you off those three?

@GolurkIsDaBomb - well done on finishing your FRLG leg, and I'm glad you liked Emile's moveset suggestions. My own Tentacruel, Gem, really improved my opinion of them as team members, with that very same moveset. I've updated the Champions list with your FR team - seeing as you've now beaten Kanto and Hoenn, with Sinnoh on the way and Johto about to begin, would you like me to add you to the Ultimate Challengers list? In the meantime, though, here's your Johto team (of course using an emulator is fine. I actually don't mind hacking team members in at lv.1, as long as egg moves are kept within reason):

Clefable, Beedrill, Weezing, Scyther and... Blissey.

Good luck finding Chansey :)

Years
  • ^^ Yes I'd like to do ultimate! The main problem will be white...
    Ooof. That chansey... I don't think I realized the magnitude of that pokemon before I put it on the list... It isn't that I don't want to use it, it's just that it's so late in the game and at such a low level... I know I was the one that put it on there, but could I get a poke that's a bit earlier, like before the Elite Four? If not... I guess I could deal with it...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back