• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    Kabutops
    Espeon
    Granbull
    Houndoom
    Rotom
    Toxicroak

Sounds pretty cool, thanks! I'll be playing Platinum, Normal mode for this playthrough.

EDIT: First update!

Badges: 2

Progress:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Santalune Forest

Oh dear, he's here
    Years
  • Update #4
    Sorry it's been a few days.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Gonna drop my White 2 challenge since it's been so long since I updated...and because I don't even have the game anymore whoops.

Username: RedJ
    Game: X
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: Team of six, no more than two Pokemon of the same type.

Mode: Expert

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Gonna drop my White 2 challenge since it's been so long since I updated...and because I don't even have the game anymore whoops.

Username: RedJ
    Game: X
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: Team of six, no more than two Pokemon of the same type.

Mode: Expert

Pyroar
    Toxicroak
    Umbreon
    Crobat
    Azumarill
    Yanmega

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    Second update!

Badges: 5

Team:
    Spoiler:

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Hey there!!!

I'm taking this as my first challenge. I've never been in that since I don't have much interest in Nuzlockes for instance, but bringing 6 Pokemon from a list of Pokemon that I regret having never played (or played correctly) seems very good.

I'm happening to reset my Emerald Rom (beat E4 once, then boredom..), so yeah.

Username: d4rk

Game: Emerald

Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: I've always taken well-balanced teams so I can cover a broad variety of types, which is useful for E4. But, as it's a challenge, the one who will give me my team can also have fun and surprise me. Who knows! I just want 6 mons :p I guess I'll be able to hack wild <given Pokemon> in the game if it's not supported soon enough. Also I feel like it could be nice to choose a Starter and to give him a Type circle so I can haz my rival having my final nemesis. I'll use map editor for wild Pokemon, and randomizer for the starter if it's OK.

Mode: I guess it'll be normal for starters. If I'm getting the first one done with pleasure, then I'll ask for more.

I am so sorry that my wish list is so long.
    Well, have fun.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: Thursday
    Game: Pokemon Y (hopefully)
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: Preferably Pokemon from the region but I will use any since I can use the GTS to get them.
    Mode: Normal

It might take me a few days to start this challenge up as I need to go get Pokemon Y but the weather has to let up some before I can do anything.

EDIT: d4rk, this will be your team:
    Breloom, Dewgong, Miltank, Altaria, Beedrill, Ninetales. If you can't get a Pokemon, tell me and I'll change it.

Last edited:

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Thursday,

Thank you a lot for you team. Unfortunately, I might leave your team in another member's hands. Indeed, I've never played Pokemon gen IV, V, VI, and discovered these gens' Pokemon through hacks as much as Pokemon Glazed and Pokemon Flora Sky. So I don't know 'em very well.

But. If it's not a problem, tell me and I'll chose one any ways {XD}

Another noticeable point. I've seen that in your proposed team, only two Pokemon remain uncatchable in Emerald : Weedle and Seel (source). Also, I don't remember where Miltank is, but I'll be able to treat that in-game.
    What I've hacked is : Having Seel as a starter and making other starters Ground and Steel : Diglett and Aron. Also I've made Weedle appear very soon in-game, in place of Wurmple.
    Otherwise, we may just change these two Pokemon as you said, but I'd like you to consider it as the last option...

Edit :
    Spoiler:

Waiting for you reply {:3}

Last edited:
    Years
  • Aw yes first update

Spoiler:

Years
  • Thursday,

Thank you a lot for you team. Unfortunately, I might leave your team in another member's hands. Indeed, I've never played Pokemon gen IV, V, VI, and discovered these gens' Pokemon through hacks as much as Pokemon Glazed and Pokemon Flora Sky. So I don't know 'em very well.

But. If it's not a problem, tell me and I'll chose one any ways {XD}

Another noticeable point. I've seen that in your proposed team, only two Pokemon remain uncatchable in Emerald : Weedle and Seel (source). Also, I don't remember where Miltank is, but I'll be able to treat that in-game.
    What I've hacked is : Having Seel as a starter and making other starters Ground and Steel : Diglett and Aron. Also I've made Weedle appear very soon in-game, in place of Wurmple.
    Otherwise, we may just change these two Pokemon as you said, but I'd like you to consider it as the last option...

Edit :
    Spoiler:

Waiting for you reply {:3}

Whoops, I was more worried about trying to get Pokemon with different types instead of trying to get Pokemon that you can actually get in the game. :\

I can easily change the Pokemon around to try and make it so that Torchic is a good Pokemon for the rival's team.

Spoiler:

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Don't worry man, I don't want to modify my rival's team, it takes time and eventually is not very useful for this challenge. I've discovered Miltank is in Safari Zone... Yap, I can smell PokeBlock's scent from afar. Also Vulpix is catchable outside Mt. Pyre on the other side... And Swablu on Roads 114-115... I may grind a mon to lvl 20-30 so I can catch my missing pals without killing 'em with overpowered team. It'll be a long run since I get those mons.

Any ways, I'll make a little log every time I run into an important event.

Chapt. I - My two first mons
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Is it bad double-posting for that? If it is, next time I'll do an edit-update.

Chapt. II - Let's enter da Legend
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2022
    This looks like a great challenge so thought I'd sign up!

Username: easo87
    Game: Expert Emerald (Emerald 386 Hack)
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: No two pokemon of the same type, 6 pokemon, one must learn Surf

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    This looks like a great challenge so thought I'd sign up!

Username: easo87
    Game: Expert Emerald (Emerald 386 Hack)
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: No two pokemon of the same type, 6 pokemon, one must learn Surf

Your team

Arbok
    Arcanine
    Aerodactyl
    Cacturne
    Tauros
    Kingdra

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Oh! Glad that someone else has taken the challenge. I was about to post that.

Chap. III - First non super-effective Gym fight.
    Spoiler:

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    Name: ElectricN
    Game: FireRed
    Number: 6
    Ones that got away: (don't know how to spoiler)
    Blastoise
    Charizard
    Pidgeot
    Beedrill
    Butterfree
    Kabutops
    Aerodactyl
    Raichu
    Nidoking
    Vileplume
    Golduck
    Rapid ash
    Dewgong
    Rhydon
    Scyther
    Electabuzz
    Jolteon
    Lapras

1 of the starters please I hate going through without them. Then one fly and one surf. No double typing if possible.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Chapt. IV - Second non super-effective Gym fight

Spoiler:

Years
  • Username: Revan
    Game: Pokemon Blaze Black 2
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: A Pokemon that can learn surf and one that can fly, other than that anything, a little type diversity would be nice but not necessary.
    Mode:Expert

Last edited:
    Back