• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Digimon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeybard

boop
Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    I need at least 15 posts before I can even post a link to anywhere :P And that's great Wichu :D Oh yes, call me Luis or Lulu/Lu.

.:~Luis~:.

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
    Years
  • Hey this sounds awsome, i guess your gonna make it, if you are im supporting you all the way, if you need anything and i mean anything just pm me

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Well, I can't link to the site, because it's a forum. And no, they're not pre-animated. The animation will be handled by the battle system script, so we don't need them animated yet anyway.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Right well I think I have that site anyway.

So what else should we implement in the battle system to keep it unique?

One thing I think we should do is keep the buffing and healing attacks, but maybe centralize them a bit, you know, make some digimon healers, some buffers, and so forth, as opposed to all of them being balanced, like in the official games.

also a side-view battle system would be better but harder to sprite (and code), so forget that. :x

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Actually, you can just search digimon world ds sprites on Google, and it's the first one that shows up. You'll need to go to the first page for the list.

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    I looked up DWDS Sprites on Google. Useful stuff. For the battle system, I think we should have something that'll revolutionise the gaming industry.

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    This'll be a great game. Don't you dare turn up saying this'll be discontinued. I'm almost finished with DemiMeramon Sprite no.1. My best Sprite yet as well as my first Pixel Over ^^
    *WOOT~ 15 posts!*

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • I won't say it's cancelled as long as the rest of the team keeps working on it.

The only reason I cancel things (which I do a lot) is because I hit a wall or something.

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    Well then damn those walls! I have 15 posts now. Here's FlameWizardmon that I drew:
    https://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg320/PapaLuLu27/Sketches/FlaWizarmon.png
    And the example Tamer Sprite:
    The PC Digimon RPG

Have fun >=D

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • That tamer looks pretty great, is it edited or custom?
    (btw we should have Tamer Cards in the game so we can show off those large sprites (oh my god they'll look awesome if they're customizable!).

You're a good artist, apparently. :3

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    Custom, and yeah. I like drawing and apparently I'm good at drawing :)

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    Probably :) Hey hey! I made the best Sprite I have ever made for this project. For this project and my personal use only ^^ Remember to give me credit. I present, DEMIMERAMON!!!!
    The PC Digimon RPG

Should be the right style too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I don't think we should be using Pokémon-style tamer sprites. Perhaps you could make a larger one, perhaps around 200x200 pixels? You'd be able to see the customizations in more detail. And we may be using RMXP's default screen size, so it would look a bit small in comparison. As for the overworlds, I suggest we resize them to double the size, so they fit in with RMXP's system.

EDIT: That sprite is pretty awesome! :D Perhaps you should make its arms and flames on the back of its head move a bit for the animation.

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    Thanks! So... Instead of using DWDS Official Overworld Style we put them on Steroids? Sounds good enough. I've already thought of the battle animation. Oh right, regarding the attacks.
    Are we using official attacks? Most Digimon have barely over 4 attacks. And even though DemiMeramon is In-training, Bubble Attack most certainly isn't suitable. I have its official list of attacks right here:

• Fireball: DemiMeramon shoots fire from their hands, burning their opponents.
    • Body Burn: DemiMeramon shoot flames from their bodies.
    • Hot Tackle: Tackles an opponent, burning them.
    Yeah?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back