• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Artstravaganza - Discussion Thread

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Yar,Im bak from my long business trip. lolz And it loks like i got 2nd place! woot!

Years
    Arrrgh! ><

I had a perfect picture, but it died when I put my sketchbook in my backback the wrong way and got mutilated by my binder. Now I have to trace it, which means it'll suck *chews head off a random plushy.*

(It was a hand-drawn piccy of all the Fire starters/evolutions.)

~Chibi~

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Is it by any wonder that fire starters are such a big hit?
    *looks at entries*

Chriz

Why are you staring at me?
    Years
    I think Fire Starters are the easiest to draw. I might add to my picture with other starters too. It'd look cool as I can smerg the pictures together.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    YAY! we have some amazing entries already! yay*applaudes at all the amazing artwork* I love your torchic, charon..such a cute pose, and so very well shaded! DS! that so cute! I adore your style! I like the bg, don't put it down! I like the blue on your evolutions Chriz! So very cool, and nicely shaded!

It's so nice to see lots of entries..hmm i'm trying to decide whether to enter my totodile, or wait to see if i have the time to do a fresh piccy ^^

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    I really like that totodile, igtica <3
    The water effect on it is cool =D
    But seriously.... I hate mustard... XD

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah,we've got some very smooth entries. I recently got my idea for a charmander. Wait till u see it.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I made some Charmeleon art yesterday becasue I was bored and what do you know. Yesterday night just before I fell asleep I came up with a perfect Charmeleon pose.
    *edit*
    My (horrible) entry is now in.

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I could never get a pose like that down o.O
    Took me a good seven hours to get the thing done -.-
    It's awesome~
    Thanks _^^ I spent a lot of effort on that thing, but I'm still not statisfied with it.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Smarties??? You think that's horrible? It's amazing! I love everything about it! From the lineart, to the shading! It's a brilliant pose, too. I'm terrible at drawing anything other than canines so I have a spasm trying to draw even a simple torchic in an origional position, let alone a charmeleon!

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Smarties??? You think that's horrible? It's amazing! I love everything about it! From the lineart, to the shading! It's a brilliant pose, too. I'm terrible at drawing anything other than canines so I have a spasm trying to draw even a simple torchic in an origional position, let alone a charmeleon!
    You really think it's amazing? =D I guess I'm a little bit too harsh criticizing my own work -.-
    I have to admit I'm very statisfied with how the pose came out, though.

And for someone who thinks she can only draw canines that Torchic sure looks good.

I myself have always had trouble making canines, however, I did get the idea for the pose from my dog o.O

RaikouRider243

Lightning Swordsman
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    Call me a noob, but I collaborated with MF on an entry for this month. And it's another fire starter, yes.

Does anyone draw anything but fire starters? -_-

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    RaikouRider243 said:
    Call me a noob, but I collaborated with MF on an entry for this month. And it's another fire starter, yes.

Does anyone draw anything but fire starters? -_-
    I'm planning on doing a Chikorita gijinka with guns :)

But if it fails, I'll do a fire start...*silenced*

OK, did my entry! Mine is a gijinka Chikorita with guns, as promised.

Last edited:

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Oh yay, some fantastic new entries! :D I really love all of them! ^^
    The Charmeleon has a very nice pose, and I like the colouring!
    It's also an interesting view that the Charizard is drawn in - you don't often see them from above! Awesome action shot!
    And the Chikorita-girl is very original and well-drawn!

Great job everybody! *hugs!* Thanks for help making this contest a success!

--FG ^^

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Smarties-kun said:
    And for someone who thinks she can only draw canines that Torchic sure looks good.

You should of seen the trouble I had with drawing that thing. My Mum thought I was having a hernia or something...

Snapple! I am in love with the colouring on your torchic! Now I am dying to try and shade in that way... *scurries off to open up photoshop*

Back