• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Artstravaganza - Discussion Thread

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    And, yesh, I won't win, I'm sure, But I'll try better this month ^^;
    Good luck to yous all! I really loved all of the entries --except mine-- XD

Years
    Oh boy. Did you all see the theme?

'Starter Pokemon'.

I can't enter. I suck at Pokemon. Except Eevee. He's so cute!

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Gohan said:
    Oh boy. Did you all see the theme?

'Starter Pokemon'.

I can't enter. I suck at Pokemon. Except Eevee. He's so cute!

Don't say that! I'm sure you could do a great bulbasaur orcyndaquil if your tried ^-^

What happened to the results then? are we still waiting on a judge? Just curious really wanna see some of those great entries placed as winners!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Starter Pokemon... a nice theme for spring I guess.

A question I have (like always) is that, is it OK if its a gijinka/morph as long as its a starter Pokemon?

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    kohei - yep, that's fine! ^_^ Anything related to starter Pokémon is allowed. :)

Gohan - I bet you can draw the starters! :D If you're having trouble, go for one of the simpler ones. I don't have any prejudices as to which Pokémon I prefer, so I'd love to see any of them!

--FG

Forest Grovyle

Years
    What do you mean by changed starters? :) Do you mean your own original starter Pokémon? Or variants of the existing ones?
    They must be related to Nintendo's official starter Pokémon - fan starters don't come under this category. Of course, if you wanted to draw a picture with both an official Pokémon starter and a fanmade starter in it, that'd be fine!

--FG

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Yay, I finally got a place in the art contest ^^;
    Igtica's was awesome! No surprise she got first! *Hands a shiny gold trophy with Igtica's name carved into it* YAY!
    Overlord IX's was so detailed =3
    Wub it!
    And mine... done on oekaki, I love PaintBBS XD I don't understand PSP... oo;

Years
    ... Jeez, you guys are all way too optimistic.

Oookay. Hey, can Pikachu count as a starter, since in 'Yellow Version' for the Gameboy Color, it's the only pokemon you can have?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    *Didn't get his entry for last month done in time* it's still half way done and will be for atleast a couple of years =P

I'm going to start making my entry today. I just wish I had a chance in this contest, oh well *goes off to work*

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Diamond~Star said:
    Yay, I finally got a place in the art contest ^^;
    Igtica's was awesome! No surprise she got first! *Hands a shiny gold trophy with Igtica's name carved into it* YAY!
    Overlord IX's was so detailed =3
    Wub it!
    And mine... done on oekaki, I love PaintBBS XD I don't understand PSP... oo;

WOW thankies very much *hands a pretty bronze suicune statue to DS for her very much deserved placing* will you enter the next one? i really hope so.

I hope you will too gohan! I hope everone does, i love seeing the fab art!

Years
    Oooh...the theme is starters...:)

I'm gonna have fun with this ^^ Course, I don't have Photoshop, so there's no way I'll win, but hey *puts on mock determined look* I'll fight for the pride of Crayola pencils!!!!!!! X3 (Yes, Crayola. I don't like Prismas, am I a loser or what? XP)

*Gets idea and runs off to sketch.*

~Chibi~

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Nyah, I entered. With a terrible piece of Photshop art I did a few weeks ago. I really despise photoshop, but I don't have enough time to make a fresh picture on MS Paint. Still, I hope you all like.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    You call that terrible? O_O It's amazing *ish never going to win a contest like this with people like you around* -.-
    My half done Charmander looks horrible. And like the work of a three year old compared to that Torchic <.<

Forest Grovyle

Years
    Awesome entries so far people! *hugs*
    The Torchic is just so cute! :D And I love the Charizard too - it's an interesting pose! I hope to see more entries soon!

And to answer the question asked earlier, Pokémon that are based off the starters and bear some resemblance to them are fine! :)

--FG

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    I tried and tried- couldn't get the feet down >.> Or the hand... claw... thingies...
    XD
    Nyah, I dun't like it that much, but I didn't like my Suicune picture either! XP

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Aesome Charizard picture, DS! I love the background - it isn't mustard-y at all!

Back