• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Oh, sorry then. I will remember that next time! :]

How is this BF Team?

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Calm
    128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
    - Baton Pass
    - Acid Armor
    - Substitute
    - Surf
    Set up for Miltank. Period.

Miltank @ Leftovers
    Impish ~ Scrappy
    252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
    - Curse
    - Milk Drink
    - Body Slam
    - Hammer Arm
    Main focus of team. Can always heal itself when times get rough, a couple Curses + Body Slam/Hammer Arm make it a total beast.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Mild
    84 Atk / 216 SpA / 208 Spe
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost
    Last resort. If anything goes wrong, Salamence can finish up the job.

vaporeon works best with a bold nature, but mine is calm so meh

hey i got this ace fully ev'd mence, this is it

salamence@sash
    adament
    252atk/252spe/4hp
    dragon claw (dont want outrage)
    EQ
    sub
    D-Dance

which should i use on my team (in my sig)? my jolly garchomp or that mence, here r its stats at lvl 50

hp:172
    atk:201
    def:101
    sp.atk:116
    sp.def:101
    spe:127

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Lady Gaga said:
    Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Calm
    128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
    - Baton Pass
    - Acid Armor
    - Substitute
    - Surf
    Set up for Miltank. Period.

Miltank @ Leftovers
    Impish ~ Scrappy
    252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
    - Curse
    - Milk Drink
    - Body Slam
    - Hammer Arm
    Main focus of team. Can always heal itself when times get rough, a couple Curses + Body Slam/Hammer Arm make it a total beast.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Mild
    84 Atk / 216 SpA / 208 Spe
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost
    Last resort. If anything goes wrong, Salamence can finish up the job.
    Why do you have surf on Vaporeon? Same question with speed effort values. I was looking at the team last night and it seems like a waste of a slot you can use for something like Charm, Wish, Yawn, something. Vappy's role is to set-up and pass the ball, not attack. After 49 (when the real battles begin) you'll face 4 sets with taunt. So if it's there to protect itself against taunt users, you've honestly got nothing to worrying about with a Salamence on the team. (Miltank can take care of Aero)

Speaking of Salamence, Fire Blast will miss, a lot. Does that sound like a reliable cleaner? Get your Flamethrower on so you actually hit the opponent. Personally I'd want more attack values but with a weakened fire attack, you might need it. I'd check some calcs if I were you.

With Miltank, I'm not so sure it'll work in the frontier, but it's worth a shot. I just don't like the idea of a slow (half of its set cuts speed) sweeping pokemon without any sort of substitute protection. Critical hits look like your top enemy with that cow.

I'm not a big fan of the team, because baton pass hasn't seemed like a proven winner. But I don't want to dislike it because it might be an interesting project to see what happens. (experiments are the best remedy to fixing teams) I'd suggest looking into the frontier opponent sets and more research to see how you can better the team.

vaporeon works best with a bold nature, but mine is calm so meh

hey i got this ace fully ev'd mence, this is it

salamence@sash
    adament
    252atk/252spe/4hp
    dragon claw (dont want outrage)
    EQ
    sub
    D-Dance

which should i use on my team (in my sig)? my jolly garchomp or that mence, here r its stats at lvl 50

hp:172
    atk:201
    def:101
    sp.atk:116
    sp.def:101
    spe:127
    Don't want Outrage? Please elaborate why you're backing off on a move that, at +6, OHKOs some Skarmory. Dragon Claw is pretty much ridiculous at this point, if you're afraid of Outrage backfire, you're team isn't versatile enough to pick up the slack. (I overcame that fear thanks to Jump) Gee, it'd be better to give it a lum berry and something else the valuable sash.

Also, Vaporeon, Calm can work just fine. Heck, if I was using it, it'd be calm and maxed special defense. Acid Armor and or Charm (I'd use charm, but that's a BP team) picks up most of the slack.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Hmmm...so does this mean Vaporeon is just a bad choice in all? If so, what else should I use?
    No, I don't think Vappy's bad, I just dislike the evs and the last slot, it might work. I just don't know since I haven't dealt with BP teams in the frontier. Umbreon is a bulkier baton passer, but you don't want that double fighting-type weakness.

But while we're on the topic, did you have any other baton passing pokemon in mind?

Years
    Well, as you say, Baton Passing teams are...difficult to control. its either your set-up works, or it isnt, and that is one Pokemon wasted. You know, to be truthful, I really havnt dealed with the Battle Frontier much...this is just another of one of my teams that I make that never work...so, what are the most...effective kinds of teams in the BP, because the more I think about it, the more this cow's milk is getting sour?!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Well, as you say, Baton Passing teams are...difficult to control. its either your set-up works, or it isnt, and that is one Pokemon wasted. You know, to be truthful, I really havnt dealed with the Battle Frontier much...this is just another of one of my teams that I make that never work...so, what are the most...effective kinds of teams in the BP, because the more I think about it, the more this cow's milk is getting sour?!
    Trick, without a doubt, is the best tower strategy. (Peterko got 1001) And yawn + cripple can work too (and in the Arcade) Castle is sort of undefined with a power-hitter and two powerful stallers, and Hall isn't under my knowledge.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Oh my, I hope I am not going to be a nuisance, but may you maybe explain those?
    sure.

Trick: using trick and choice scarf (usually paired with thunder wave and a crippling move) plus two pokemon that can set-up while this one attack goes until it dies of PP. They set-up to +6 in whatever and sweep.

Yawn/Cripple: Using Yawn and crippling moves like Flash and Charm to render the opponent ineffective, then switching to a sweeping setup pokemon, setting up, and sweeping. (See my Umbreon, Salamence, Suicune team)

Stall: as the title implies, usually using toxic and bulky pokemon with a hard-hitting lead (like Band Salamence or Specs Latios)

The AI doesn't switch, so most strategies are centered around exploiting that fact. (Destiny Bond is a useful toy to use in the frontier, too)

Years
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2282567&postcount=1296

okay, so I am reading this (well at least the team), and I seriously dont get the opint of it. Latias has no attacking moves. Just one would be great, but none. So...how is it supposed to work?

Though, it did get him to 1001...
    (and hey, dont think of me as a team copier, because once I figure a good team to work on, I will be changing it up quite a bit :3)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2282567&postcount=1296

okay, so I am reading this (well at least the team), and I seriously dont get the opint of it. Latias has no attacking moves. Just one would be great, but none. So...how is it supposed to work?

Though, it did get him to 1001...
    (and hey, dont think of me as a team copier, because once I figure a good team to work on, I will be changing it up quite a bit :3)

Remember there is no I in team. Latias sets the rest of his team up for sweeps, its very different than competitive battling.

Trick, T-Wave and then Charm physical pokes down to -6. Registeel and Garchomp resist all of Latias's weaks and because they can set up on the poke locked into a scarfed move due to trick its an easy sweep for the rest of their team beind a sub.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Why do you have surf on Vaporeon? Same question with speed effort values. I was looking at the team last night and it seems like a waste of a slot you can use for something like Charm, Wish, Yawn, something. Vappy's role is to set-up and pass the ball, not attack. After 49 (when the real battles begin) you'll face 4 sets with taunt. So if it's there to protect itself against taunt users, you've honestly got nothing to worrying about with a Salamence on the team. (Miltank can take care of Aero)

Speaking of Salamence, Fire Blast will miss, a lot. Does that sound like a reliable cleaner? Get your Flamethrower on so you actually hit the opponent. Personally I'd want more attack values but with a weakened fire attack, you might need it. I'd check some calcs if I were you.

With Miltank, I'm not so sure it'll work in the frontier, but it's worth a shot. I just don't like the idea of a slow (half of its set cuts speed) sweeping pokemon without any sort of substitute protection. Critical hits look like your top enemy with that cow.

I'm not a big fan of the team, because baton pass hasn't seemed like a proven winner. But I don't want to dislike it because it might be an interesting project to see what happens. (experiments are the best remedy to fixing teams) I'd suggest looking into the frontier opponent sets and more research to see how you can better the team.

Don't want Outrage? Please elaborate why you're backing off on a move that, at +6, OHKOs some Skarmory. Dragon Claw is pretty much ridiculous at this point, if you're afraid of Outrage backfire, you're team isn't versatile enough to pick up the slack. (I overcame that fear thanks to Jump) Gee, it'd be better to give it a lum berry and something else the valuable sash.

Also, Vaporeon, Calm can work just fine. Heck, if I was using it, it'd be calm and maxed special defense. Acid Armor and or Charm (I'd use charm, but that's a BP team) picks up most of the slack.

i used outrage on my garchomp and i found that i was often getting swept bye metagross's that resisted my outrage, and i dont av enough shards

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    i used outrage on my garchomp and i found that i was often getting swept bye metagross's that resisted my outrage, and i dont av enough shards
    728 Atk vs 181 Def & 155 HP (120 Base Power): 135 - 160 (87.10% - 103.23%)
    ^ +6 Garchomp's Outrage vs. Atk/Def Metagross (most defensive Metagross in the Battle Tower

That has a 20% chance of 2HKOing, so you shouldn't worry about it too much to where you don't use it just because of Metagross. And, honestly you should have something to take care of something like Metagross getting lucky and surviving.

Years
    Is Smeargle a good lead for my Battle Frontier team, (the other two pokemon being Miltank and Salamence)? I was using it because of speed, and the fact that it can do all this: Subsitute, Curse, Spore, and Baton Pass. Is that good enough, or is there a betetr Baton Passer?

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Ninjask is a great passer with

Ninjask@Focus sash
    jolly nature/ u can use adament
    spead boost
    252spe/252atk/252hp
    X-scizzor
    swords dance
    batton pass
    protect

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Hello =3

This board seems dead D:

Anyway, I got to 62 in the Battle Arcade =)

My Team

Salamance
    Scizor
    Suicune

I would of got 63, I think, if I didn't press "Freeze".

It goes too fast D:

Stupid Gengar and Electivire killing me D:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    With nearly a month without a reply, I think it's time for this thread to say good bye.

Locked, unstuck, and forced to the depths of the S&M abyss.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back