• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • Out of order? Until Beachy can get a browser working properly to edit this massive thread, record updates will be stalled. This doesn't mean you can't post though, so feel free to jump in and have fun anyway. :D

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread Battle Frontier Directory & Information

Information

PLATINUM FRONTIER
    Psypoke's Frontier Trainer List
    Jumpman16's Pt Frontier Pocket Monster movesets and info
    Team Rocket Elite's Pt Trainer information
    Peterko's +49 Trainers & Their Pokémon Information
    Team Rocket Elite's Battle Hall Movesets (Note: only one specific set here)
    Peterko's Edited into Types of the Above List

DIAMOND & PEARL BATTLE TOWER
    DP Movesets
    DP Movesets w/ Actual Stats (note: natures are random, so it's not exact here)
    Psypoke's Battle Tower Trainers List

Facility Record's Quick Links

[alink id="tower"]Battle Tower[/alink id]
    [alink id="factory"]Battle Factory[/alink id]
    [alink id="hall"]Battle Hall[/alink id]
    [alink id="arcade"]Battle Arcade[/alink id]
    [alink id="castle"]Battle Castle[/alink id]

Other Thread Content

[alink id="credit"]Credits[/alink id]
    [alink id="final"]Final Words[/alink id]

Hey everyone! Yeah yeah, I know, it's taken me a while to revive this thread, but that's because I wanted to go the extra mile with this and make everything perfect. From organization to design, it's all here. Battle facility threads on its various aspects are scattered around PC, which is unfortunate, but we finally have a thread for everything. Here in S&M, you're not allowed to post Battle Frontier RMT threads, you can here! :D So let's get started, shall we?

First off, what in the bloody hell is that directory thing over there?

That "extra mile" I've been talking about. That contains various thread content with quick in-thread links so you don't have to scroll too too much, and various links across the web (even from other forums) to help you with your streaks in the battle frontier. Note that credit is due to the deserved parties, and is listed at the bottom of this thread.

So, what's goin' on in here?

As I said earlier, this thread has it all. You can post and boast about your winning streaks & teams in the various facilities of whichever generation you please (although, due to the magnitude of three's, it was left out, but you are more than free to still discuss and post teams for it :D) You can discuss various aspects, help out with teams, post questions or concerns, anything. H o w e v e r, if you all flood this thread with build-me-a-team or I got one, what other two, I may just remove such privilege, so try to build things yourself before coming to us.

How would you like me to post my streak?

First off, p l e a s e be specific, it makes it much easier on me or any of the other staff members updating this thread. Include whether it was singles, doubles, lv.50 or open (for facilities like the factory), the facility, etc. Please post teams with information described in the strategy and moveset's rules. Information and summary is welcome, too. If you aren't specific or just don't want to be included, that's fine, I won't add you. So any of you coming in here saying "I achieved 45 in the Battle Tower" aren't getting updated here, but I'm fine with you coming by and saying that. (Just don't expect me to add you with such little info >:[ )

[a id]tower[/a id]

Battle Tower

Never Lose! Keep Winning!

Single Battle Records

1. Wolflare (164) Starmie, Garchomp, Scizor
    2. Pauric08 (144) Starmie, Garchomp, Snorlax
    3. Syndrome (96) Abomasnow, Mamoswine, Froslass
    4. =major yum! (80) Latios, Scizor, Snorlax
    5. SnowpointQuincy (44) Dragonite, Empoleon, Porygon-Z
    6. Milke (28~) Salamence, Porygon-Z, Cresselia / Milotic

Double Battle Records

1. altaria221 (55) Garchomp, Dragonite, Abomasnow, Typhlosion ; (53) Wailord, Typhlosion, Froslass, Abomasnow
    1. Red_Star_Chris (53) Electrode, Toxicroak, Ludicolo, Kingdra
    2. Calum? (45~) Electrode / Toxicroak / Ludicolo / Kingdra

Spoiler:

Diamond & Pearl Battle Tower Records

1. BeachBoy ( 164 ) Uxie, Garchomp, Scizor
    2. Dark_Azelf ( 148 ) Rotom, Lucario, Latios ; ( 109 ) Typhlosion, Garchomp, Suicune
    3. Angelix Diablo (112) Hippowdon, Garchomp, Lucario
    4. Zetta-Chan ( 109 ) Mespirit, Garchomp, Lucario
    5. dark_seeker ( 108 ) Gengar, Garchomp, Cresselia
    6. Canadian Dirt ( 104 ) Scizor, Azelf, Umbreon
    7. ABYAY ( 100 ) Salamence, Swampert, Lucario
    8. Milke ( 68 ) Garchomp, Tyranitar, Milotic

[a id]factory[/a id]

Battle Factory

Win Consecutively with Rental Pokémon

Level 50 Single Battle Factory Records

1. BeachBoy (27 w/ 19 trades) Rentals
    2. Statistics (24 w/ 13 trades) Rentals
    3. Gerri Shin (21~ w/ 6 trades) Rentals

Open Single Battle Factory Records

1. BeachBoy (16 w/ 15 trades) Rentals
    2. Jlizard27 (13 w/ 3 trades) Rentals

Spoiler:

[a id]hall[/a id]

Battle Hall

Let Each Pokémon Seek No. 1

Single Battle Hall Records

1. KeeperofthePen (210~) Garchomp ; (159) Salamence
    2. Red_Star_Chris (146) Vaporeon
    3. Jake™ (138) Latias
    4. Syndrome (88) Lucario
    5. ray236 (84) Gyarados
    6. *~Fireheart~* (80) Togekiss
    7. ɐʞoo (71) Infernape
    8. Milke (70) Porygon-Z
    9. Wolflare (68) Garchomp
    10. Waffle-san (66) Slowbro
    11. Pokedra (57) Infernape
    12. =major yum! (50~) Salamence
    13. Shiroi Togekiss (49) Azelf
    13. Calum? (49) Infernape

Double Battle Hall Records

Spoiler:

[a id]arcade[/a id]

Battle Arcade

Where Events Sway Outcomes

Single Battle Arcade Records

1. Purple. (51) Typhlosion, Scizor, Gengar
    2. KeeperofthePen (42) Suicune, Metagross, Garchomp
    3. EmeraldGreen (39) Infernape, Floatzel, Staraptor
    4. Milke (34) Salamence, Porygon-Z, Cresselia / Milotic

Double Battle Arcade Records

1. Milke (41) Tyranitar, Regirock, Garchomp

Spoiler:

[a id]castle[/a id]

Battle Castle

Manage Battles with Castle Points

Single Battle Castle Records

1. Syndrome (84) Metagross, Infernape, Garchomp
    2. dark_seeker (50) Starmie, Breloom, Electivire
    3. DunderMifflinite (28) Salamence, Porygon-Z, Cresselia / Milotic
    4. Gerri Shin (19) Houndoom, Lucario, Alkazam

Double Battle Castle Records

Spoiler:

[a id]credit[/a id]

Credits

• Smogon's Peterko, Jumpman16, Team Rocket Elite, and every other fantastic contributor to their monster of a Battle Frontier thread. Links especially belong to them, and I couldn't say enough about how classy and awesome they are.
    • Psypoke's guides, links, and information; they help too much.
    • Wolflare, for kicking my ass when I fell asleep on my dreams for this thread, lol. Same goes to Statistics.
    • Hiroshi Sotomura, our fellow administrator here at PC, I stole his code from one of his theme announcement posts and tweaked it. <3
    • A certain-person-that-doesn't-want-me-to-name-them-o_O for the banner. I love you sooo much. <3 And under five minutes, too. <3
    • M A J O R K U D O S and thanks to Statistics and Jlizard27 for staying up with me till 2 AM, helping, giving opinion, and just being there for me in times of need. Thank you so much guys.
    • FastHippo, if it wasn't for you and your strategy that gave me the confidence to try the BT again, this nor my love for the battle facility would be here. You deserve a hell of a lot more credit than you get, my friend. Thank you, for everything.
    • (s.i.e) of the Serebii forums, your battle ranking thread's banner inspired me to get our own, so thanks. :D Good luck with your continuous and stressful job of barking at posters to post their records right! XD
    • Dark_Azelf & Anti, for being ~*~sexy~*~
    • Vance (or... dot) for helping me get back into loving the strategy & moveset's forum again.
    • And anyone else that helped along the way, but I just happened to forget, it's 2 AM, slap me. Send me a VM if I forgot cha. XD!

[a id]final[/a id]

Final Words

So that's that. I hope you come to enjoy this thread, and please, post! Don't let my baby die. ;_; Also, any staff member with privileges in this forum may update whenever they please, but if you mess up my formatting, I keel you, 'kay? :D I'm going to go to school with about two hours of sleep tomorrow, so you better be happy now. lol

[ SMALL NOTE ] Don't hack and come here, we find out your teams / streaks aren't legit, you won't be listed in this thread, ever again. It's cool by me if you want to hack - I mean illegally here, like stat abuse- but coming here with them isn't. So leave now if you do, thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    First off, this thread is amazing, BeachBoy.
    The formatting is spectacular, and everything.

Secondly, I guess I'll post one of my Battle Factory streaks.

Open, Singles (24 w/ 13 trades) (I know, it fails sort of. XD)

I have to say, the BF is actually fun, and frustrating at the same time,
    but anyway, during this streak my favorite rented Pokemon was
    a Rhyperior (which I made my lead) That had Hammer Arm,
    Thunderpunch,Ice Punch, and Fire Punch with an Expert Belt.
    Sounds a little eh, but it worked. And another honorable mention,
    Special Sweeping Chomp, which helped me in the long run.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • 'kay, updated.

And thanks for the compliments guys. /o/

Also, J, what was our Arcade tag-team record? I can't remember, 21...?

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    so what is this thread for.... tips on how to beat the Fronteir or who has beaten the Frontier

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • so what is this thread for.... tips on how to beat the Fronteir or who has beaten the Frontier
    So, what's goin' on in here?

As I said earlier, this thread has it all. You can post and boast about your winning streaks in the various facilities of whichever generation you please (although, due to the magnitude of three's, it was left out, but you are more than free to still discuss and post teams for it :D) You can discuss various aspects, help out with teams, post questions or concerns, anything. H o w e v e r, if you all flood this thread with build-me-a-team or I got one, what other two, I may just remove such privilege, so try to build things yourself before coming to us.
    Answered. XD;

Records, discussion, etc. :D It's basically fire away and have fun, really.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Lovely thread, very organized. ;D

Okay, I will post my records:

Battle Tower Singles: 119

I forgot what happened, it was a few weeks ago. =P I will most likely beat this in a few.

Battle Hall Singles: 68

It was a Slowbro. =\ I Outraged, it Ice Beamed, used my Sash, then I froze, and he finished me off. =[

I don't think my Battle Factory record is beastly enough to be on the thread lol.

The team I used for them was:
    Spoiler:

Lol, I made a Baton Passing team for Battle Factory (rentals), something like Scizor, Jolteon, Metagross. =D

Last edited:

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • Awesome idea! I only have one fairly notable streak, at the Battle Hall. I had a single battle streak of 70, and I used this Porygon-Z:

Porygon-Z(Pentium)@Choice Specs
    Modest Nature
    252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
    ~Tri Attack
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Psychic
    ~Dark Pulse

The worst part was my streak was broken by a game freeze. >.> Now I'm going again with a curselax, since he can actually hit Steel, Rock and Ground pokes unlike Porygon-Z.

Currently my Curselax has a record of 19(:X) but he's getting up there. It was a crit hit Flare Blitz from an Arcanine, who had me burned.

Others, though less notable:

Battle Tower Single: 21(on streak)

Battle Factory Single: 19(I love this one to death, but I keep getting freaking unlucky. The streak was broken by a Guts, Toxic Orb, Facading Swellow.)

Battle Arcade Single: 28(dead)

Battle Castle Single: 21(on streak)

I don't have any standard teams for these, mostly using whatever and hoping for the best. =P

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I love you for creating this thread.

I will contribute more once I get platinum on friday...and probably beat it over the weekend :D.

The thread looks great d('.')b

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • 59 In battle tower today... I am getting better every time, I'll be up on these leader boards soon enough! Oh, and I love this thread, very organized!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Just remember guys, if you want your streaks added, I need more information for such; team used, in-depth info, etc. Wolfare and Dunder's were added. Also, Dunder, if you could give me any sort of idea of the rentals you used, I'd be happy to put your Factory streak up. :D

Thanks everyone for the compliments, by the way. Means a lot to me. :D Thank you for participating. \o/

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • I got to 49 in the Battle Hall with my LOZelf:
    Azelf @ Life Orb
    Naive
    36 Atk/252 SpA/220 Spe
    Psychic
    Flamethrower
    Explosion
    Energy Ball

Got to battle 50 to fight Argenta and... she pulled LATIOS on me, and that was the end of it :<

Detox

Well I Got to 84 in the Battle Castle (Singles, I might add) with this team

Spoiler:

I quit because I got bored, lol

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • I have absolutely no idea how many or what rentals I used. =P It's fine though - I'm working on a higher streak now, so I'll update you when I pass that.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    So I was going through the Battle Tower some, and I found something. XD I battled Ninja Boy Vance, hahaha. Well, the battle number is 94-50102-35938, although it was a bit of a long one since I set up on his Tangrowth while he maxed out his evasion with Double Team. Anyways, that was a battle from earlier today, and now I am making it to 100. 8D f l a s h and I battled at the Battle Factory, but only made it to #3 due to a disconnection. >_>

=major yum!

I abide by the Gricean Maxims
    Years
  • I recently got the silver symbol in the battle hall using a specs mence. It's easy enough if you do the steel and ice types earliest, and pray you don't come up against blissey! On my first try I was up against a blissey with softboiled, double team and toxic. Needless to say I was crushed...

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Ninja boy Vance, haha, saw him too. Vance is definitely a ninja, like, a mind one. 8(

Anyway, mannnnn, I'm too exited. After a lot of research, damage calculations, and intense theorymon; I think D_A and I pieced together a puzzle that can rock the Battle Tower like never before. :D I'm that confident.

My current run died thanks to, funny enough, my laziness. Return was at ~92, not 102 -- impatient beachy is impatient -- which ended up not being enough oomph to KO it after some set-up. I lost to a very lucky Latias 3 that had complete freeze hax over my other two Pocket Monsters. BUT, gonna wait to release the details, because I want this new team to pull the rug from under Wolflare. >:) So, as D_A would say: KEKEKE.

I shall return! (pun'd) G'night.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Ninja boy Vance, haha, saw him too. Vance is definitely a ninja, like, a mind one. 8(

Anyway, mannnnn, I'm too exited. After a lot of research, damage calculations, and intense theorymon; I think D_A and I pieced together a puzzle that can rock the Battle Tower like never before. :D I'm that confident.

My current run died thanks to, funny enough, my laziness. Return was at ~92, not 102 -- impatient beachy is impatient -- which ended up not being enough oomph to KO it after some set-up. I lost to a very lucky Latias 3 that had complete freeze hax over my other two Pocket Monsters. BUT, gonna wait to release the details, because I want this new team to pull the rug from under Wolflare. >:) So, as D_A would say: KEKEKE.

I shall return! (pun'd) G'night.
    NOT THE MR. ELF. =[

Yeah, so I am at 156 right now and still going. Same team and no changes. =]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back