• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
He looks good, but if you have him evolve, try to deviate away from < this > look. I just think they look very similar, lol.

So, I decided to draw some birds earlier. Don't feel like taking pictures, and they're early sketches anyways. (One is deformed and needs some work done, lol.) They're based off of the Eurasian Magpie, which could be the generic Normal/Flying bird pokemon of the region, and the Stymphalian Birds, which would be a Steel/Flying type.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Awesome everyone! I'm going to update the first post with assignment soon!

Golurk, your images have been resized. :D

edit : okay, assignments are up! n_n;

I've added all of the drawings from this thread (excluding your ice-bird, Sunny, because I want to gauge your opinion on Nakuzami's last post) and we are now looking at three Eevee evolutions. :/ Sooo.. something for everyone to think about :

Should we do only two Eevee evolutions? If so, what types? (Steel / Ground / Rock)

or

Should we do all types of Eevee evolution (excluding existing evolutions)?

gogogo

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
He looks good, but if you have him evolve, try to deviate away from < this > look. I just think they look very similar, lol.

So, I decided to draw some birds earlier. Don't feel like taking pictures, and they're early sketches anyways. (One is deformed and needs some work done, lol.) They're based off of the Eurasian Magpie, which could be the generic Normal/Flying bird pokemon of the region, and the Stymphalian Birds, which would be a Steel/Flying type.

ITS LIKE EVERY TIME I DO SOMETHING, SOMEONE ALREADY DID IT >:O

oh well, Yeah let me think of a new penguin or something...

like how about a penguin mage?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
ITS LIKE EVERY TIME I DO SOMETHING, SOMEONE ALREADY DID IT >:O

ah, the suffering of an artist ;o;

Nah, don't fret. Just doodle your heart out and I'm sure whatever you come up with will be more than satisfactory. It's not like we can't have a "place-holder" drawing and go back to it later too.

::EDIT::

YO GOLURK! >:3

Okay, so I really liked your Eevee design, so I did this to it

orJoEYd_edited-1_zps92344881.jpg

Thoughts? Comments? Keeps / No Keeps?

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Keeps for sure!

And if anyone wants to "replace" anything I've done, I'm fine with that ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Okay, but let me make it clear that I do not, by any means, want to "replace" anyone's designs. ;w; I know you weren't using that term literally, Sunny. But as a moderator I want to make sure no one thinks I'm going to bully them out of their own drawing. (I think) I'm on good terms with Golurk, so I'm hoping it will be taken in good sport!

And, so far as no one minds, I too have no problems with people adding on to / red lining my drawings. I'm actually a big advocate of that method, but I can understand why some artists would find it offensive.

ANNYYWAYYY I've been doing a lot of drawing!

dumbsketches_zps8a9ce6a5.png

**these are not seriously designs**

I was just doodling. But I put a small tidbit of the Saber-Cat evo for ya'll to see. :)

edit : and a seel lol

Last edited:

DaydreamsAway

<---- MAH WAIFU :3
Years
Okay, but let me make it clear that I do not, by any means, want to "replace" anyone's designs. ;w; I know you weren't using that term literally, Sunny. But as a moderator I want to make sure no one thinks I'm going to bully them out of their own drawing. (I think) I'm on good terms with Golurk, so I'm hoping it will be taken in good sport!

And, so far as no one minds, I too have no problems with people adding on to / red lining my drawings. I'm actually a big advocate of that method, but I can understand why some artists would find it offensive.

I was just doodling. But I put a small tidbit of the Saber-Cat evo for ya'll to see. :)

edit : and a seal lol

THAT IS HOT.... :D
Anyways anyone wanna do a mouse and this time It's A CUTE MOUSE NOT SOME WEIRD ABOMINATION LIKE RATICATE and yeah Lex I would gladly go with all eevee evolution not sure bout the others tho..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ooh definitely keeps! Yeah if anyone wants to revamp anything I've done (like Alexial for instance) feel free! Also I'll add info on the mons I've made soon, I've just been rather busy unfortunately :(

Take your time! There's plenty of designs to go around! n_n;

And good xD Cause at some point (way way down the road) I'd like to have everyone designs sprited and that would require a bit of sharing anyway. But yes, thanks for letting me get in there and play with that Eevee evo cause I thought it was an extremely strong design. Initially, my plan was to just test outlining it so it didn't have that "picture taken with cell phone my shadow is in the pic" feeling (not that your pics are *that* bad) and it just turned into a whole piece. @_@;

I'm at such a whim with my creativity. It pretty much controls my hands. :p

So thanks for the support everyone! Remember to leave input on whether or not you all want to do an Eevee evo for every available type! <3

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

edit : and a seel lol

lol, I didn't mean that I was being pressured, I'm just saying that if, for example, there are only 2 eeveelutions, I'll be happy to pull mine out to make room for anyone that wants theirs in.

And dat mullet :D

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I already have the design for two Fakemon finished, but I was wondering if you guys mind if I try to come up with a pre-evolution and evolution for Zangoose?

Stuff was going on offline today, but I'll try to get sketches for my other two posted tomorrow.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Can someone give me a list of the eevolutions left? I need something to draw that doesn't eat away my creativity (Wow! That's deep...sort off)

Hmm, I'll make a list in the first post.
edit : done! is the latest Eevee evolution Rock or Ground? :o Cause I listed it as Rock but.. >>; well whatever I can always change it lol

@ Slender : Yeah, that'll be our first pre-evo (or any evo of an existing Pokemon, save Eevee) so go for it! Why limit ourselves, you know? There's plenty of inspiration to be found~

@ Jet : I think we're going to go for an Eevee evolution of every time! :D

Last edited:

Renyui!

ascender
Years
So I was just lurking, and saw talk of evolutions, so I messed around with the idea of a Pinsir evo, and this is what I got. Photo's pretty big so it's spoiler'd.
Spoiler:

Can I grab some thoughts before I colour? Is it too menacing? Does it not look 'evolved' enough? More features?

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
if anything pinsir would have a pre-evo!! I m going to draw my idea of the minotaur pokemon i think we should include :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So I was just lurking, and saw talk of evolutions, so I messed around with the idea of a Pinsir evo, and this is what I got. Photo's pretty big so it's spoiler'd.
Spoiler:

Can I grab some thoughts before I colour? Is it too menacing? Does it not look 'evolved' enough? More features?

Hmmm, that reads more "Pinsir Scorpion Forme" to me. Like a Pinsir that decided to have a sit and fell over. :3 In a good way, I mean! If you develop the idea a bit, I think it could turn into a really strong design. Definitely not too menacing.

@ Jet : Yeeessss arrrtttt. Draw it up!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
A lot of the Pinsir evolutions that I've seen around the internet are Bug/Steel types. It seems to work for the guy. Plus, it reunites him with Scyther and Scizor, lol.
That design is pretty good, though. But, for some reason it doesn't give of the feel of an evolution . . . is it one hundred percent quadruped, or can it rise to two feet?

I drew a second sketch of the Stymphalian Bird I mentioned. Looks totally different from the first sketch, but hey, I never showed you the first sketch, so it's all good! I also drew a Grass/Poison type based off of the Moly plant. I'll post some images in a little bit. Hopefully I might be able to find a way to use the old, lonely, I'm-not-sure-if-it-works-anymore printer we have as a scanner later, because it can apparently do that.

EDIT: Okay, picture time.

This guy kind of reminds me of Farfetch'd.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

EDIT2: Oh, and I'm perfectly fine with anyone redrawing/touching up my creations. Many of them are just sketches anyways, and it helps with the collaborative-ness of it all. Plus, when I come up with full-fledged descriptions of my pokemon, there will likely be aspects of it that I can't draw very well. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm a bit busy right now so I can add the pics yet! But Nakuzami, your descriptions / additional information for your fakemons are just so great. ;; Keep up the fantastic work!

Like I said guys, I'll update on stuff soon!

Years
Information time!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Woo that took a while!

Back