• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
... do you really need to know what I think on this? For anybody that knows me even a tiny bit, you'll definitely know what I'm going to say. Drapion? Pft you wish. Despite this being quite an unbiased... (*coughing in the background*) decision, I still think Arcanine is a solid teammate and performs well on any team. Fire-types are always one of my first priorities and they serve very useful roles. Arcanine does especially well at being one of the hardest hitters in the game and I'd definitely reccomend it. However if a fire-type doesn't tickle your fancy, then Flygon isn't half of a bad choice either.

I've used one in Emerald and it has saved my skin so many times. It single-handedly ripped through Tate and Liza and it only keeps getting better. With access to moves that would leave space goats running away in terror, Flygon can truly be the world's next terrifying monster. It's not too hard to train either- in fact, it's almost as easy as snapping your fingers or counting to three. With the addition of Lucky Egg in Gen V, Flygon will turn into an overpowered monster if you play with it right. Drapion.. I've never seen anything too spectacular from. It has a good typing but I don't really like playing around with it. Mienshao is insanely powerful but I prefer the first two. It all comes down to you though. Hope this helped. :)

Thanks for that, well I like Fire type. I really want Arcanine in my team I am just asking for opinion that's all. Well if there is a Charizard here I want one, and again thanks.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
How did I miss the sprint?

Goal: Train a Jolly water pokemon that knows thief!

Details:
tentacruel.gif

pirate%20tentacruel.png

Nickname:
Davy Jones

Nature:
Jolly - yohoho a piarte must be jolly!
Somewhat stubborn flavor text - as we know pirates aren't always easy to get along with!

Ability:
Liquid Ooze - to resemble the grime and filth which pirates wold be living in/with.

Held Item:
Amulet Coin - It's a doubloon!

Training is focused in Attack and Special Attack - as we know pirates like to attack things!

Attacks:
Thief - Pirates take what they want.
Swagger - all pirates have swagger
Swords Dance - So we can dance a jaunty jig!
Haze - everyone know pirates drift up on their victims under a Haze of fog!

Pics
Spoiler:

Last edited:

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Well I am in front of the E4 now.... wish me luck

next Goal....

Goal: Create a pirate team and explore the vast seas.
Details: I will create a team of 6 Pokemons and name them after from a famous pirate anime.

I will post the updates after I finish my first goal. Wish me luck... Kenji let's do this.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Sorry I didn't post for a while I was too busy with school anyway having too hard time in battling Winona I might just give up but I always think of my motto "try and try until you succeed" so wish me luck :)

Well, Winona can be a tough cookie, but you'll bring down her birds, so don't give up!

Kirou, good luck with the E4! And I can't wait to see your pirate crew, hehe, I actually started training a Water team for an E4 rematch on my Black 2, but I've been lazy lately, so hopefully I'll muster up some motivation and go for it. And mucus, that is the most piratey (totally a real word) Tentacruel ever! Even the moveset fits the theme, and Swagger + Haze sounds like a good combination too.

Oh and also, I'm really glad you guys are enjoying the sprint so far, I just wanted a way for everyone to have fun and have some similar goals, but still go at their own pace and go for their own goals in the meantime. The whole pirate thing came from me playing The Sims Medieval: Pirates & Nobles lately, and it's super fun ^_^ and definitely not the reason why I slowed down on my Pokemon games

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Goal: Make my Kenji (Samurott) the strongest of all!!!
Details: I will Focus Training (well it is my training regiment where I train a single Pokemon by challenging trainers across the map) Kenji and then try to challenge the E4(B2) only using him.

Nailed It!!!

onx2.jpg

i35m.jpg

(Picture it with my phone then crop it using my pc)

Next Goal>>>>>

Details: I will create a team of 6 Pokemons and name them after from a famous pirate anime.

Well it is a tiring day I pull an all nighter to finish the training and face the E4,
I will post later the details of my new goals.

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
I just defeated Winona this time the longest battles I have ever made 11 times!!!!!!!! But at least I defeated her.

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
Sure here they are:
In Emerald:
Sceptile (I trained so hard it evolved.)
Swellow (Catched during going through Petalburg Woods)
Solrock (Leveled up in daycare a lot of times)
Ninjask (Catched during it was a Nincada while I was training)
Graveler (EV trained)
Manetric (Leveled up in daycare a little)
In ruby I don't remember much plus I haven't played it for a while because of schoolwork and plus this is just my basic team for a while while going through the game I am still finding new pokemon to replace my old team except for some of my strong pokemon plus the team seems to be unequal doesn't it.

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Sure here they are:
In Emerald:
Sceptile (I trained so hard it evolved.)
Swellow (Catched during going through Petalburg Woods)
Solrock (Leveled up in daycare a lot of times)
Ninjask (Catched during it was a Nincada while I was training)
Graveler (EV trained)
Manetric (Leveled up in daycare a little)
In ruby I don't remember much plus I haven't played it for a while because of schoolwork and plus this is just my basic team for a while while going through the game I am still finding new pokemon to replace my old team except for some of my strong pokemon plus the team seems to be unequal doesn't it.

Well you are right there is some inequality in your team. Well you can add a water type Pokemon and a fire type for a change and my recommendation for that are:
Numel or Slugma for fire and for water you can train a Marill or a Wailmer. Manetric is good but in the safari you can catch a Pikachu which is a reliable electric type.
Well if you are looking for strong I recommend Aron and Trapinch. Aggron, Aron's final stage has a stronger defense than Graveller and for Trapinch he will be a Dragon someday which is Flygon and he will be reliable in Pokemon League, well it is just a recommendation.
If you have some question feel free to pm me or just ask here.

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
Well you are right there is some inequality in your team. Well you can add a water type Pokemon and a fire type for a change and my recommendation for that are:
Numel or Slugma for fire and for water you can train a Marill or a Wailmer. Manetric is good but in the safari you can catch a Pikachu which is a reliable electric type.
Well if you are looking for strong I recommend Aron and Trapinch. Aggron, Aron's final stage has a stronger defense than Graveller and for Trapinch he will be a Dragon someday which is Flygon and he will be reliable in Pokemon League, well it is just a recommendation.
If you have some question feel free to pm me or just ask here.
Thanks for the advice kirou12 I already caught a Trapinch and Aron I putted them in the daycare for a while then train them properly.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
username: Eribun
goals: to finish the new generation games (b/w-x/y)

Welcome to the club, hope you have fun here with us! I bet you're also excited about the new games, I know I am! In the meantime, how are doing in B/W?

And here is a new topic to discuss, so share your training tips for fellow trainers ^_^

The pirate's stash!

The Lucky Egg or Exp. Share for faster training, Macho Brace or power items for faster EV training, and maybe other items you keep in your treasure chest that aid you in training your Pokemon. What are the items you prefer and how do you use them?

Last edited:

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
UPDATE!!!!

Sunny (Wailord) Lvl: 53
Ace (Magmar) Lvl:44
Franky (Golurk) Lvl: 48

For now I try to find the other Pokemon that will fit to be my crew members.
What do you think guys?

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Team Update: (Im going to fight Drayden next)
Spoiler:

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I lead with an amulet coin - cuz you gotta make them pokebucks!
Gardevoir holds this.
Shibirudon holds onto a lucky egg, so does Salemence
Samurott and Gigalith both get an exp share
the 6th slot is a float, right now i have Toxicroak with Black Sludge there.
The levels of my time are quite varied going from
44 - Gigalith
to 66 - Toxicroak, followed closely by Gardevoir and Salemence.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Pacifist, good luck against Drayden! I like your team, I used to have N's Krookodile in my team, he had Moxie and was really fun to use. And I see you have a Mienshao, I've been meaning to try one out for quite some time, I really like that Pokemon even though I'm not a big fan of Fighting types.

Kirou, how are you choosing the Pokemon for your crew, are you trying to match characters from the anime? And you've inspired me to pick up training my Water team, so here's my update on them: Sharpedo is now EV trained in Atk and Speed, so he's going to do great, I'm sure of it. I'm currently training Octillery and Clamperl (now Gorebyss) in HP, and I'm hating it. I got Clamperl at level 10 from the DW, and Octillery is still at a lower level than the Stunfisk in Icirrus, but I insist on using her as the lead, which doesn't go well everytime, especially when I run into a lvl 60 Stunfisk that knows Thunderbolt. So I haven't been able to make much progress, as I'm taking a break from Stunfisk's horrible cry and silly face ^_^

As for the items I use during training. If it's level training, Lucky Egg helps a lot, as does the Exp Share if I'm training a Pokemon from a lower level, I just find it easier than having it in the lead, and then switching on the first turn. If it's EV training, then a Power item works wonders, and I have a complete set now. I've also recently realized that Pokemon get EV points in any battle where they gain EXP, so using the Exp Share means that the Pokemon gets EVs as well, so now if I want to train two Pokemon in the same stat, I can give an Exp Share to the weaker one and that way things go a bit faster :)

Oh I don't think I've ever used an Amulet Coin, though if I'm ever in need of poke-dough, I can use that and go battle trainers at the sports domes in Nimbasa, and I'm sure to get a nice profit, right?

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Spoiler:

@MIAU
Well yeah, it is something like that. I just don't have an idea what Pokemon matches Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and the others (Sorry for non Pokemon related anime).
And for your Water Team keep it up, just like I did, I give lot of patience in training Kenji. And someday you will reach your goal.
UPDATE!!!!
New Crew Added!!

Chopper (Sawsbuck) Lvl: 48
I really want a Stantler for this but it seems that It need to be traded or something.
If you guys know some area (btw I am playing B2) that I can catch Stantler or have some suggestion on the other crew member,please do tell me.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
So right now I'm in Plasma's Frigate and I can see Kyurem, and it looks really bad.
I can't believe what Colress and Team Plasma are doing!
There is NO WAY I can stand for it!

Oh and what's this? The Triad has my friend's evolved Purrloin?!
There is no way I'm going to stand for this!!!!

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Yay! i have just defeated the elite four :3
The Unova elite four is just too easy the only one who actually is kinda troublesome is Shauntal but besides that they just got smashed xD
~Hall of Fame~
Spoiler:

Kirou i guess that you could use a Persian for Nami? you know because money xD

And I see you have a Mienshao, I've been meaning to try one out for quite some time, I really like that Pokemon even though I'm not a big fan of Fighting types.

Yeah Mienshao is really great, i dont really like fighting types but Mienshao is for sure one of my favorite pokemon ever!

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
@Pacifist
Thanks for the idea. Now I will hunt a female persian and name her Nami.

And look guys the new stage of 6th gen is revealed.

1175506_240358852779562_1804149207_n.jpg

and another Mega Evolution for mewtwo.
www.gamnesia.com

Well just sharing

Last edited:
Back