• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokecommunity Breeders Guild...

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Ok. I have decided to start this thread after seeing the rather low standard of battling here at PC. This will be the thread for young up-coming trainers to
    get help from the more experienced breeders / battlers in the art of IV Breeding. Below is a list of the Masters, or Tutors that have volunteered to
    help out.

Breeding For IV's and Hidden Power Guide.

- Anti-Pop Culture Warrior 13 // DeanoDance
    x2- Tortured_Soul // Jack_Maddocks // Cloud_85
    - Name
    - Alakazam17 // TDB_Leader
    - Dark_Azelf // chompah :x
    x2- Midnight Winged // ~Rose Reaper~ // Justin T

*Note, currently creating list.

Only 1 "apprentice" may be taken on by a "Master" at a time. I will put a strikethrough those Masters who are taken. (*Note: If you wish to be a Master,
    I am going to need to see at least two of your pokemon that you have bred. (This means 31 IV's in relevant stats, plus best nature and ability.))

Once each round of testing / tutoring is completed, The set of each apprentice will be shown in this thread. We will have contests each 2 or so months to
    see who bred the best baby. (Judged by Masters) The winner will recieve another IV bred pokemon bred especially by Tortured_Soul, as well as an item
    of their choice. (As long as I have it in stock)

Ok, so how do we go about this you may ask?

..:First Round:..

The Master will pick the first project. Purely because this is the first time for the apprentice, and we want it to be something that will be an actual
    asset in competitive battling. (Must be chosen within reason, remember Masters, this is first time IV breeding for most, so let's not do something too hard)

The first project must include:

1 - At least Double Flawless IV's
    2 - 1 egg move. (Doesn't need to be chain bred)
    3 - A minimum time limit of 1 week.

This would be an acceptable pokemon: Bulbasaur@Bold: 31 / x / 31 / x / x / x / and Leaf Storm.

..:Second Round:..

The Apprentice will pick the second project. This time, the apprentice must get the approval of the Master as to what pokemon they will be breeding.
    As per the first round, the apprentice must not choose a pokemon that is too easy, hence the Master inclusion.

The Second project must include:
    1 - At least Double Flawless IV's
    2 - 1 egg move. (Must be chain bred)

An example would be:

Chansey with Present.

Delibird + Pikachu= Male Pikachu with present.
    Pikachu + Clefairy= Male Clefairy with present.
    Clefairy + Chansey= Chansey with present.

There are many chains, and I expect Masters to help the apprentices with this. A minimum time limit of 1 week must be given to the apprentice, with
    Master's discretion.

..:Final Round:..

The Apprentice wil pick the final project. As per before, Master approval is needed. A minimum requirement of:

1 - Triple Flawless IV's
    2 - Chained Egg move.
    3 - A minimum of 3 weeks will be given.

Ok, that's it for now. Expect major updates in the future.

Completed Projects:
    Spoiler:

Regards,

~Tortured_Soul​

Last edited:

PhoenixFlare

Yay fire! Pulls out matches.
    Years
    That sounds good. I know for sure I could use some advice in breeding for some reason the Everstone trick doesn't work for me. 0.o But I also have no Wi-Fi on my DS until I figure out a way to disable some of the unneccesary firewalls my parents put on our Wi-Fi.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    That sounds good. I know for sure I could use some advice in breeding for some reason the Everstone trick doesn't work for me. 0.o But I also have no Wi-Fi on my DS until I figure out a way to disable some of the unneccesary firewalls my parents put on our Wi-Fi.

Give the everstone to the female or the ditto.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    I put it on the Ditto but I still only got 1 calm Seel out of 67.

Wow your either really unlucky. OR ....

By any chance is one of the parents from another countrys version as in a Japanese seel breeding with an english/usa ditto ?

it sometimes doesnt work when thats the case.

PhoenixFlare

Yay fire! Pulls out matches.
    Years
    Wow your either really unlucky. OR ....

By any chance is one of the parents from another countrys version as in a Japanese seel breeding with an english/usa ditto ?

it sometimes doesnt work when thats the case.

No both the Ditto and Dewgong were migrated from Fire Red. Curse my luck.
    But enough of my misfortunes.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah, I think I PMed you about this Mullac ;) (yes, I am prone to use people's old usernames).

A little trick I learned when breeding in emerald that has yet to fail (but I can't "officially" confirm it)...when the Day Care man steps out of the fence or whatever and has the egg, save right in front of him.

Then, take the egg and hatch it. Let's say we're breeding for bagons and we get this:

Bagon
    Modest
    Male
    IVs:
    HP-5
    Atk-13
    Def-30
    Spd-6
    SAtk-2
    SDef-7

And you've always wanted a male, Modest Specsmence. However, as you can see, the IVs are terrible.

However, I have found that if you turn off your game and try again, you'll be back in front of the Day Care man and can take the egg again. The Bagon should still be male and be Modest, but the IVs will vary. Also, if it's something like Aerodactyl and you want it to have rock Head, the ability stays the same as well, so if you save in front of the day care man and get a jolly, male, Rock Head Aerodactyl, those traits will always be there.

So basically, you can save in front of the day care man until you find a pokemon with the nature, gender, and ability you so desire. Then, you can just keep restarting until the IVs are good (you'll want to be sure the parents have good IVs, or this process takes far too long.)

Back to Bagon now. So, the IVs are lol. Turn off the game and then grab the egg from the day care man and let it hatch. It will be Modest and Male for sure. However, the IVs could end up looking more like this:

HP-5
    Atk-13
    Def-30
    Spd-30
    SAtk-31
    SDef-29

That could be of benefit. However, it will probably take a lot of tries to get a good baby, so I find it best to use this trick to get good parents, and then the actual good baby pokemon comes much faster.

That being said, I've only tried this in Pokemon Emerald and I can't tell you with 100% certainty that it works. However, I've used it for breeding several pokemon and it has yet to fail me, so I recommend at least trying it in D/P, and definitely in Emerald.

And for those who wonder why a 3rd gen game is relevant, remember that you have to migrate pokemon (especially with those tutor moves) a lot, and breeding in Emerald isn't so bad-I recommend doing that.

Probably has already been discovered, but it made breeding my Tauros and Onix a lot easier.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Thanks anti.

Just so people know, once a mod checks the Breeding thread, I will post a link to my "Breeding Hidden Power and IV's" Guide, which I'm sure will greatly help.

Regards,

~T_S

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Use that one I suppose, but if you already have a fair amount of experience, then you shouldn't need this. If you got it in a trade etc. then by all means, use it.

Pick a Master though, if you are interested in joining.

~T_S

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    i would like to join aswell as an apprentice , it's really hard for me to breed right ( i don't even have a good sycnronizer)

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    I would like to be a part in this but not a master though. I usualky battle on Shoddy or Netbattle I've tried many times making a team on D/P but never got good nature pokemon. I also don't care who my master would be so anyone who's willing I'll be their apprentice. Also my Wi-Fi is messed up so my DS can't get on but the Wii can. 0.o So my IVs will be in a 30-31 range even if they are perfect will that be a problem?

Back