• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Adventure: Buhar Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    (OOC: Here's my first post, and it's actually pretty good, imo.)

Chapter 1: The Beginning of the Journey!

Kyle smiled as he looked around the town of Hatchery. He had just arrived via carriage, and he was excited to claim a pokemon of his own, and this was the first town that he saw other then his own, and he was not impressed. Hatchery Town is a small little town with nets everywhere, and the houses, or huts of the area looked like they were rushed. Some houses had holes in their walls, which meant that either the wood was cheap, or someone broke into them. The whole town was filled with the awful stench of fish, which is something Kyle did not like. "Urgh, I haven't smelled anything this bad for a long time." Said Kyle, waving a hand in front of his face.

"Hey, who are you to insult our town!?" Said a man that was listening in. He was a bulkier man, as a fisher, compared to Kyle's relatively thin frame. Kyle brushed his light-brown hair away from his eyes and glasses, before smiling, and he looked up at the man who had to be about a foot taller.

"Oh, I thought no one was around. Excuse me, as I go." Said Kyle as he walked past the man, but he was grabbed by the collar of his Norfolk jacket and lifted up by the man.

"You are too overconfident for your own good, little man." Said the man before dropping Kyle on the ground. "Don't act like that around upper class people, you'd be in trouble."

"Heh, you're right, but you are of the lower class, are you not?" Asked Kyle as he got up. "And with that, I bid you good day." The man looked at Kyle as he walked off.

"Tch, who wears brown and gray?" Asked the man. "Ungrateful little..."

(Kyle)

Kyle looked around for some sort of difference in the buildings, but all of what he saw was poorly-constructed huts. "Hmm... maybe I'll have to look elsewhere, this professor obviously isn't here." Said Kyle, but as he looked around the area, he saw a place that looked in much better condition then the houses around it, looking more like a building in a fancier city. "Could that be it?" Assuming that he found the house, he walked in, and saw a man. This man was fairly small, but larger then Kyle, with a small bit of gray hair, and a handlebar moustache. He also had some of the weirdest glasses.

"Hello, and you are...?" Said the man to Kyle, who flinched.

"Sorry. I am Kyle, of the Laurel family. A middle-class family that hails from the north." Said Kyle, holding his hand out. The man shook it and said.

"I am Professor Cotton, a researcher of Pokemon. I heard that a few people were coming to start a journey, so I set aside a few things." Said the man now known as Cotton. "Well, this is yours... Kyle?" Kyle nodded as he was handed a pokeball. This pokeball was a round ball where half of it was red, and half of it was white. There was some sort of button in the middle, and on the bottom, the white half, there were four holes. "This is a Pokeball. This was recently made a few years back. I do believe that it is a wonderful technological device, as it keeps our pokemon with us at all times." Cotton then pulled out five more of these 'Pokeballs' and handed them to Kyle.

"And this here, is a pokedex. You write down all of the information you find about the pokemon in here." Said Cotton as he handed Kyle a leather-bound book. Chris looked inside, and saw nothing. "Go ahead, summon your Pokemon, I think you'll like him."

Kyle looked at the ball before pressing the button. The four holes began to produce steam, and the ball opened, summoning a Ralts. This Ralts was a short creature, looking somewhat like a human child, having what looks like a bowl-cut of green hair, and a red shard sticking out of his skull. "Ralts?" Cried the Ralts as it looked around.

"Hey, so you're my first pokemon, eh?" Asked Kyle as he kneeled down. "That's awesome, we're about to start our first j-" But Ralts turned away, not interested in what he had to say. "Oh, well... this is going to suck."

"Give him time." Said Cotton, turning away. "I'm sure he'll warm up to you eventually."

"R-right." Said Kyle before pointing the Pokeball at Ralts. "Return!" The ball began to produce steam as Ralts returned to the Pokeball. "Well, I'll see you later, Professor."

"Yeah, right. Don't push too hard, you hear me!?" Questioned Cotton. "Oh well, I hope that Ralts will be okay."

(Kyle)

Kyle smiled as he looked around. This was the beginning of his new journey.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Lucciola: While I didn't ask you to fix your post that is a much better improvment! Very nice!
    To Zeta: All right! Pretty good starting post. I love how the fishermen suddenly gets out of earshot right before he starts swearing.
    Kyle recieved a Level 5 Ralts, 5 Pokeballs, and a Pokedex!

Years
    Lucian paused in front of the long mirror in his bedroom. He double checked his hair, not wanting his father to find a last minute reason for him to cut it off. Finding it perfectly satisfactory, Lucian then moved back over to his bed and checked his bag. All of his important things he was taking on his journey were packed. Lucian felt confident in the fact that he hadn't forgotten anything, so he buttoned the pack and picked it up silently. It was a bit heavy, but Lucian ignored that as he exited his room and turned into the hallway. He then walked down the swirling stairs to the main entryway of his father's home.

Lucian paused at the door. He heard nothing from the house. The servants were still in their own quarters. Upon glancing at the old clock located on the wall next to him, Lucian noted that they wouldn't be up for at least another half an hour. This pleased him, because he honestly knew his father did not approve of his decision and would have only made things more difficult. Rolling his eyes in annoyance, Lucian carefully unlocked the door and opened it. He opened the door swiftly so it would not creak, and then paused. Once nothing stirred, Lucian stepped outside and pulled the door shut just as quickly and quietly as before. He then walked down the brick path to the main street that would lead him into Hatchery Town.

The walk was not bad in Lucian's opinion. He actually found the countryside to be relaxing and a nice view. However, as he approached the lake it began to smell more like fish, something Lucian didn't take kindly to. It made him a bit more irritable than normal, but he tried to disregard that and press on. It wasn't like Lucian was going to let something as trivial as a bad smell (in only one leg of his journey nonetheless) stop him from obtaining his Pokemon. Sighing, Lucian just breathed as little as possible.

Upon arriving in Hatchery Town, Lucian's face turned into an involuntary wrinkle. The smell was even worse here. He could see fishermen just getting up and starting their work. Lucian also noted the horrible framework on the houses, which made him wonder why anyone could wish to live in a horrid place like this. Shaking his head, Lucian tried to not feel superior (because it was rude, and Lucian most certainly was not a stuck up rich boy) as he made his way to the lab. He could make it out because there was a brightly shining light that illuminated the darkness prior to the rising sun. Lucian made his way up to the steps, still trying to breathe less than he normally would.

Shifting his bag from his right hand to his left, Lucian carefully rose his fist up and knocked exactly three times. He paused and waited. Inside, he could barely hear some rusting and movement. Then the door opened rather creakily. Lucian took in the appearance of a very, very short man (well, a lot of people were short to Lucian, but this guy just seemed super short). The man had a mustache and a very large pair of glasses. Lucian found him to be a bit of a nerd, but he pushed that thought away. This man was giving him his first Pokemon after all. So, Lucian cleared his throat and started to speak, trying to remain respectful as he did so.

"Hello Professor, my name is Lucian Aridale and I am here to pick up my Pokemon," Lucian declared, being fairly formal.

"Yes, of course. Follow me." The man seemed very short in his conversations, which was perfectly fine with Lucian. He didn't want some overly friendly guy anyway. "Mind your head. It's a bit low here, especially for a fellow such as yourself."

"Hm." Lucian ducked his head carefully and followed the Professor through a doorway and to an area with even more papers than the previous.

The Professor moved over to a rickety desk and shuffled about. Finally he grabbed a leather book, and some circular sphere that Lucian had never seen before. It was red on top and white on the bottom. There were four small holes on the bottom as well. Lucian vaguely wondered what they were for, and figured that he would find out for himself if the Professor didn't feel inclined to tell him.

"This is a Pokedex. It's what you will record information on," Professor Cotton stated, handing Lucian the leather book. Lucian took it in his left hand, intent on taking the ball with his right. "And this is what will contain your Pokemon. It is steam powered, hence the little holes on the bottom. They are what produce the steam when the ball is in use. It is called a Pokeball." He then handed Lucian the sphere. The man paused, almost as if he was checking to make sure he had given Lucian all he needed. "That's all." It seemed like the conversation was over.

"Thank you," Lucian said politely, attempting to make his voice a little lighter and more friendly, though he knew the attempt would be in vain. The Professor offered him a tight smile. Lucian turned out of the lab and then carefully shut the door behind him.

Glancing around to see if anyone was watching, Lucian moved off of the lab's ground and to a spare bit of road. He pressed the center button and watched as steam exited the ball, along with a funky shape. A small, odd little thing appeared. Lucian's eyebrow arched as he observed the little yellow...thing. It had stripes too. He frowned, trying to place what Pokemon this was.

"Ree bee," the Pokemon declared. It stood basically straight at attention. Lucian blinked.

"What are you anyway?" he muttered. The Pokemon looked so fami...ah! Lucian paused, smirking a bit. He remembered now. It was called Elekid, and was an electric type. Lucian wondered what exactly this Pokemon was like, but he figured he couldn't really tell from the first meeting. With a shrug, Lucian recalled the Pokemon and straightened up again. It was time for him to get moving.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Bond of Flame: Very nice. I definitly got a feel on who Lucian is.
    Lucian recieved a Level 5 Elekid, 5 Pokeballs, and a Pokedex!
    To Everyone: The OOC thread is up! Go check it out and start putting your profiles on there so you can keep track of the pokemon you have. And please try to keep them updated! I'm a forgetful fellow and the more often you keep it updated the better off we'll all be.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Chapter One - Arrival
    The scorching sun blazed down upon the rolling landscape, a brisk morning wind blew across a dirt mound and caused a flurry of dust to be wisped into the air. The little grass there was danced in the breeze and tickled the nose of a teenage boy, lying lifelessly upon the ground.

His name was Kristopher Lucian, Kris for short, and he was on his way to Hatchery Town. Well, he was, until he collapsed from exhaustion. Beads of sweat rolled down his face, causing him to stir slightly and lick at his dry cracked lips.

The clothing he wore was like that of any other common folk around; a red dinner jacket, long-sleeved black button-up, and a pair of black dress pants. On his feet was a pair of black dress shoes, which matched with the rest of his attire. The only thing he had with him was a pair of goggles, which were held tightly in his right hand.

Kris was only seventeen years old, but, judging by his current state, it appeared he wouldn't last too much longer. He'd lost count of how many days he'd been wandering aimlessly in the direction he thought Hatchery Town was. The image of an old map was fixed in his mind. He'd only caught a glimpse of it before taking off, so it wouldn't be surprising if he was nowhere near Hatchery Town at all.

A small bird-like Pokémon hopped over to the unconscious boy, it was a Spearow, and a hungry one at that. They weren't known to eat human meat, but I guess even such a small Pokémon would resort to something like that in a time of desperation. After all, Spearow are scavengers, so any sort of food is good food.

The Spearow pecked at Kris' face, causing him to awaken suddenly with a start, and frighten the bird Pokémon away in a hurry. He'll have to find another meal, one that is actually edible. The now conscious boy raised a hand and placed it upon his forehead, sighing at the feel of the roasting sun upon his skin.

"I'm still not dead," he thought, closing his eyes and swallowing, which was very difficult with such a dry throat. He opened his eyes again and looked up at the sky as a group of clouds rolled in front of the sun. "Maybe this was a bad idea."

"Sentret," chirped a happy voice, as a pair of small black eyes appeared before the boy's gaze.

Kris simply stared back into the joyful eyes and blinked as he wondered if he was just imagining what he was seeing. When the Pokémon disappeared from sight and stated its name again, Kris decided to investigate.

He rolled onto his stomach and looked over to the Pokémon, which was now completely in view. It had light brown fur all over its body, with a darker brown on its two long ears. A beige circle was visible upon its chest and it had a long bushy tail with both browns creating a pattern along its entirety.

The Pokémon, a Sentret, tilted its head to the side as it continued to stare at Kris. "What?" he questioned, as if he was expecting an answer from a creature which could say nothing but its name.

The Sentret rose up onto its tail, causing Kris to have to lift his head more to keep eye contact. It smiled happily and pointed off into the distance, over on the other side of the hill that Kris was laying upon.

"Is there something you want me to see?" he asked, crawling over slowly to see what the small Pokémon was pointing at. His eyes widened when he finally saw it. At the bottom of the hill, about a kilometre away, there was a small town. A sign at the entrance way read in big letters, 'Hatchery Town'.

---

Kris tapped the side of the bowl with his spoon as he stared down at the bland colourless oatmeal, not feeling as hungry as he had first thought. With a sigh, he raised his head and looked out the kitchen window; the day had finally arrived for him to set off on his journey to Hatchery Town. It was about a three week trek from his farm and he was beginning to wonder if it was worth it.

"Maybe mum was right," he thought. "Maybe all I can hope to be is a stepping stone for some snobby member of the royal family." Kris despised the royal family. They were all born into the perfect life, with power and money. They could do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. It wasn't fair.

Kris' mother entered the kitchen and was slightly surprised to see her son sitting at the table. "Oh," she began; stopping what she was doing and approaching Kris slowly. "So, you've decided not to go? Good, it's hard enough keeping this farm going as it is, if you left I don't know what your father and I would do."

Kris' upper lip jerked slightly as he tried to ignore his mother's words. Without a word, he tossed his spoon into the bowl of oatmeal sitting before him and stood up, giving his mother one last glance as he left the room.

"If you're going to sulk, be quick about it! The firewood isn't going to chop itself," his mother called, just before her son was out of ear range.

---

Kris made his way along one of the many streets in Hatchery Town, just like the rest he had walked, this one smelled like fish. In fact, the whole town smelled like fish. I guess that's what you'd expect from a fishing town. Still, Kris wasn't very happy about it. He was used to fresh air and plenty of it.

A man in a straw hat, carrying a net full of fish, had pointed him in the general direction of Professor Cotton's lab. Although, the man smelled of alcohol, as well as fish, and he was singing loudly to himself. Kris wouldn't be surprised if he wound up back at his farm at this point, but, a drunken man's directions is all he had to go on right now.

After a few more minutes of wandering around Hatchery Town, Kris came upon a large building, which was in much better condition than the other structures in town. Without even looking for a sign, or asking someone nearby, Kris headed right up to the door of the building and knocked loudly.

A few moments later, a tall slim man opened the door. "Yes?" he asked to begin with, before giving Kris a once over. "Oh! Are you another one of the trainers? Right this way." Kris didn't say a word, he was just happy he'd finally found Professor Cotton's lab.

The tall man, who must have been one of Cotton's assistants, led Kris down a long corridor and ushered him into a large room. It was filled with an array of devices that Kris had never seen before, the sounds of machines working around the clock filled his ears and steam hindered his sight.

"Professor," began the assistant. "Another trainer looking to receive a Pokémon."

A short man made himself visible, wandering out of the steam that was continuing to fill the room. He had a fuzzy handlebar moustache and wore a pair of thick rimmed glasses; Kris had to muffle a laugh by clamping a hand over his mouth.

"Ah yes," the short man said, adjusting his glasses as he eyed Kris. "Would you mind opening a window?"

Kris hesitated for a second; he wasn't sure if Professor Cotton was being serious, or if he was just a bit impaired. All it took was a raised eyebrow from the short man for Kris to rush over to one of the windows and pry it open, causing most of the steam to rush out and clear up the room.

"That's better," said Professor Cotton, turning away and walking over to a desk, upon which was a round red and white ball and a small leather bound book. He turned back and looked over at Kris. "Well come on. Don't just stand there."

Kris quickly made his way over to the Professor, standing beside him as he explained what the items were and what they did. "This is a Poké Ball," he said, holding up the round red and white object. "And this," he continued, picking up the book. "Well, it's just a book. But, I call it a Pokédex. It can be used to record the data of any Pokémon you may see. Of course, you've got to write it down."

Cotton handed the things to Kris and nodded. "Well, that's it. You've got everything you need for your journey, so all there it left to say is... good luck."​

iPochama

loving pokemon tcg on gameboy.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    The following morning she zipped up her boots, combed her hair with an old ornate comb that had obviously seen better days, and wrapped her jacket round her soft frame, however poor she was, she always found overly generous nourishment. She grabbed the handle of the door to her apartment and drew in a deep deep breath and hoped that when she headed out to the professor's laboratory today, he'd tell her exactly what she wanted to hear.

Aria began to strut down the hallway stairs of the derelict apartment building. As she scanned the thick, ugly, concrete walls, she spotted another Spinarak, scuttling across the room. Shrieking, she shot down the rest of the flights of stairs. It was Aria's fault that she had to see all the Spinarak, even though she loathed them. When she had thought of moving to Hatchery, she had thought of the buzzing city, only a while away, and not of the nearby lake and surrounding forest, teeming with bug Pokemon.

On the old, dilapidated streets of hatchery, there was a thick brownish smog, and as always, the smell of death. Well not so much the smell of death as the smell of dying fish. The small houses and apartments all seemed to crowd round the gorgeous azure lake, which was absolutely perfect in the crisp winter weather. Aria had always secretely loved water pokemon, but they were never too beautiful or anything to admire, except for milotic. Milotic had always been Aria's favourite Pokemon, but as they were relatively recently discovered, she couldn't afford them. Of course, only the wealthy could. She feared deeply for their extinction, feared deeply she wouldn't have the chance to buy one before the wealthy had wittled them down to the last few of the species.

But that was irrelevant - Aria didn't need depressing thoughts on this day! The day when her dreams would begin, when she would get her first subtle nudge onto the right path. Her eyes shone with a gleam that was familiar to everyone who knew her, it was her "dreaming" gleam. She dreamt all the time, but never put her dreams into action. As she turned the corner onto another street, buttoning up her jacket. Her jaw dropped and she let out a squeak.

Infront of her, the laboratory stood, but before that, before the hill and before the lamposts, stood a long and firm queue of Pokemon-trainers-to-be. She looked the queue up and down, there was no way she could skip that, there were far too many. Through her anxious, emphasizing eyes, she saw atleast 1000 trainers, although anyone could tell it was ten at most. Her dreams began to crumble before her eyes, but she wouldn't let them fall apart like that, she stood back and thought.

When Aria was next beside the queue, she had a small bundle of white rocks in her hand. On a close examination, anyone could identify them as rocks from the lake, but in crowds buzz and excitement, they didn't examine them. They just saw a young lady walk up the the laboratory with upturned 'Pokeballs'.

Aria stood infront of the Lab, brimming with excitement. She mustn't show her excitement though, she thought, she must be relaxed, presentable. Oh no! was that dirt on her face? mud on her boots? was her hair falling out of place? her paranoia was setting in, so she made the leap, opening the door to the lab. Inside the lab stood eight young people. Aria closed the door and saw to her amazement, the queue heading into a cafe that had just opened, and suddenly came to the realization that thousands of young trainer applicants did not exist in the old, retiring village of Hatchery. She swept her lush copper waves away from her face and held out a hand to the other young people.

It was working, everyone seemed to think that Aria was a lovely girl. Or so she liked to think, when suddenly she heard her name being called from behind a door. When she got in there, she met the proffesor, a cute, almost cartoonish short man with an adorable mustache. She couldn't help but smile. After a brief chat, he handed her a book, in which were pages printed with the words: NAME, DESCRIPTION, COMBAT STYLE, and ELEMENT. She thought the small leatherbound book was lovely, but that and the brilliant red orbs, almost ruby in colour that he had given her, would be very hard to carry, what with her pawning of her only bag.

He then asked her a series of questions, and for once in her life, she answered perfectly honestly, you see. The proffesor made Aria feel calm, he had a charming manly aura, the likes of which she had not felt since the passing of her father. "Ah, well then, Miss Madison, I think you could learn a little lesson from this Pokemon..." he pressed down on a steam vent on the small red and white balls he liked to call Pokeballs. "...This forces the steam in you see, forces the ball to open." Out of the ball popped the most ugly creature Aria had ever laid eyes on. She tried to smile to the proffesor. "Sir, this Pokemon is really... well, it's really... ugly, is there any chance of another?" She reasoned, but he shook his head and handed the thing to her.

In the harsh light of the winter sun, the Pokemon glowed in a beautiful earthy emerald colour. She smiled at it and they made an instant connection. She began to head on down the road with the Pokemon trudging behind on its fat, brownish, stump legs.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    A sharp intake of breath as Nettie tightened the corset. Odette had asked her not to make it too tight for she would be doing a lot of walking, but Nettie was devoted to her mother, who in turn was devoted to corsets and their torturous purposes. Another breath as Nettie gave another tight pull and the torture device nestled itself even more tightly around her waist, cutting into her skin, but it wasn't as bad as usual. She had to give Nettie that.

About an hour, give or take, Odette was fully dressed and ready. This was when her mother strode in. She looked Odette up and down before nodding once, briefly, in approval. Odette was dressed in a simple brown travelling dress, one without too much reinforcements so it is easier to walk in. Her hair was gathered into a tight bun, but ringlets were already escaping from it and starting to frame her face and spring from the bun. Bright green eyes looked back at her reflection in the mirror as she donned a dull bonnet that she planned on getting rid of as soon as she could. Ready to go.

The journey toward Hatchery Town was a short yet bumpy one from the main house that was only a bit away from the fisherman's town. Odette spent the time listening to her mother talk to her about family honor, and not doing anything stupid. Naveen was in front of the carriage, sitting next to the driver, and Odette spent most of the time nodding to her mother but really thinking of how lucky she was that Neveen would come with her.

"And watch out for that boy! I see how he looks at you, and I do not trust him a bit. It is a wonder why your father would let you travel with him. I would have much preferred you to take Nettie." This snapped Odette out of her thoughts.

"Mother! We have been over this. Nettie wouldn't be able to stop anyone from harming me should they wish it so! Naveen is strong and would be able to protect me. And father trusts him, so why can't you?" They had indeed been over it about a thousand times. But Odette still loved to hear how Naveen 'looked at her'.

Finally they arrived in the town, and everywhere were nets and commoners. It even smelled like fish, to Odette's nose's dismay. But it was surely pretty, with its makeshift houses and messes. The carriage came to a stop right in front of the one building that looked completely planned out, so neat within the messy town.

"Goodbye mother, tell father that I love him," Odette kissed her mother's cheeks before getting helped down from the carriage by Naveen.

"Odette, make the family proud. You have abandoned some of your privileges, going on such a path for the lower class, but you should still be accepted by our acquaintances. Please, do well so that you have not lost all of your chances at a decent life." Her mother's voice was full of discontent, even though Odette did have a chance to make a name of herself. After all, the winners of the tournaments were granted great fame. But Judith Doyle didn't carry such trust in her daughter's chances. That was okay, Odette had plenty of faith for the both of them.

And so the carriage door shut and the horses started their journey to the Doyle manor, leaving the only daughter of the Doyle's to fend for herself with a servant by her side to protect her. Odette opened the doors to the lab, which revealed a rather small man who seemed to be waiting for her, or anyone for that matter.

The man was a bit taller than she was, but Naveen practically towered over him, poor guy. He looked comical, but he also looked like he knew what he was doing, which was a good thing. Odette approached him a bit hesitantly. "Sir? My name is Odette Doyle?" She posed it as a question.

"Ah, the Doyle!" He looked her over for a second. " You do not look like you're very prepared for travel."

"I can assure you that I am, now could we please go on with this?" Odette said, impatience in her voice. She had been used to ordering people around for a long time, the attitude kind of sticks. Especially with people doubting her skills.

"Right, then." Professor Cotton browsed a bit through some drawers by a desk before retrieving a strange red and white ball with four sealed holes on the sides of it. "this is a Pokémon Ball, created for the creatures that you are training. They open by pressing the button up front and it releases steam go open the ball. Very easy use, even women could use it." Odette wasn't offended by this, for women were not seen to be as good as men, it's what she grew up with. But she couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy with someone saying it so bluntly.

"Moving on," the Professor muttered as he picked up a small book with a thick bordeaux leather cover on it. In golden pressed letters it read Pokémon Dex. "This is your encyclopedia of knowledge, use it to find out more and learn about the creatures you are dealing with. It is very valuable, do not lose it. Now go on, do what you young people do, I have things to work on."

As Odette exited the building, the Professor went on with whatever he had to do and Naveen followed her. The minute she was outside, she ripped the ridiculous bonnet off of her head. When that was done, she took out the strange ball. Naveen, who had been silent so far, finally spoke. "Quite a strange object to hold a living thing in, don't you think?"

Naveen had a semi-heavy accent, which Odette loved. It came with his darker skin, almost black eyes and wavy shoulder-length black hair. All of which branded him as lower-class. One of his kind would never be allowed in society, it's how it was. But her father had Naveen's father in employ to take care of his Pokémon for a long time, and Naveen learned the art. Then his father died, and he took over. Now there was someone else working while Naveen accompanied her. "Are you going to see what you got, or not?" He asked impatiently.

And Odette did, pressing the button and hot steam streamed from the holes with a hiss. The ball opened, releasing a little cat with a golden amulet on her head. "It's a cat!" Odette exclaimed and dropped down in front of the creature, petting her behind the ears. Naveen, who had taken the Pokédex to carry, started to go through the pages in search for the cat's entry. A few seconds later he found it.

"It is apparently called a Meowth. It says here that it is nocturnal and likes shiny objects. Are you going to name it?"

"Mau!" Odette exclaimed happily, and the Meowth, now Mau, meowed happily and purred a little. "It think we're going to do just fine," Odette said, smiling up at Naveen. Yes, she was going to do just fine indeed.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To I'm Not Your Hero: Very good. I like how you portray Cotton.
    Kris recieved Level 5 Bagon, 5 Pokeballs, and a Pokedex!
    To iPochama: Very nice description! We can definitly get a sense of who Aria really is. However when I have to go look up what Pokemon you got this isn't a good thing. Just something to keep in mind for later posts.
    Aria recieved a Level 5 Bulbasaur, 5 Pokeballs, and a Pokedex!
    To Lugia-a: Very nice post! Very good at how you remembered women were descriminated against during this period.
    Odette recieved a Level 5 Meowth, whome she nicknamed Mau, 5 Pokeballs, and a Pokedex!

Chapter 2: Marsh Road
    Number of Posts: 2

Description: Road is not what describes Marsh Road. The only way you don't get lost is by following the path left by other travelers which is mostly just shallow patches of water. Covered in reeds, mud, and swamp water, a dense fog hangs over the entire area. Chilling and depressing, it raises more than a few hairs on travelers necks as legends tell of travelers who spirits still haunt the marsh. In the distance you can begin to see the orange hue of Steel City. However it isn't without its merits. A whole plethora of Pokémon exists along here giving new trainers a chance to test their skills.

Wild Pokémon
    Hoothoot
    Level: 2-3
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Foresight
    Ability: Insomnia or Keen Eye
    Rarity: Very Common

Wooper
    Level: 2-3
    Type: Water/Ground
    Attacks: Water Gun, Tail Whip
    Ability: Damp or Water Absorb
    Rarity: Common

Yanma
    Level: 2-4
    Type: Bug/Flying
    Attacks: Tackle, Foresight
    Ability: Speed Boost, Compound Eyes
    Rarity: Uncommon

Barboach
    Level: 2-4
    Type: Water/Ground
    Attacks: Mud Slap
    Ability: Oblivious or Anticipation
    Rarity: Uncommon

Magikarp
    Level: 4-5
    Type: Water
    Attacks: Splash
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Rarity: Rare

Feebas
    Level: 4-5
    Type: Water
    Attacks: Splash
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Rarity: Rare
    (OOC: Ok so for those who haven't played a Journey RP before he's the just of it: The higher the Rarity on a Pokémon the better the post has to be m'kay? Also you can't say I caught the Pokémon at the end either. I decide on whether you catch it or not. Also the Pillar of Buhar and Team Durumu will only be appearing at places I say so. Have fun!)

Last edited:
    Years
    Lucian stared at the upcoming route with a look of utter disdain on his face. It was something like a marsh. He could tell that even without venturing into it just yet. Looking down at his feet, Lucian found that the "road" was covered with mud and such, but he could still tell where people have made it through from a path marked by water puddles. Sighing, Lucian wished almost desperately that he didn't have to venture inside, for his boots would probably be ruined by the mud. Grumbling under his breath, Lucian shoved some reeds that were hanging in front of the path aside and marched in. Well, not literally. He actually took very soft steps so his boots wouldn't get hammered by mud and other gunk that was in the marsh.

It was only a few feet in when Lucian began to see the heavy fog settle in. It actually made the temperature colder, causing Lucian to give an involuntary shiver. Whilst he walked, Lucian began to recall old tales he had heard from his father as a little boy about spirits roaming the marsh. Lucian rolled his eyes. They were just children's stories anyway, nothing to be afraid of. Lucian looked up from the road, and saw something oddly orange in the distance. Frowning, Lucian paused to ponder what this was. It was then that he figured it was most likely the next city. Lucian let out a happy sigh. That was all he had to think about. Getting through this stupid marsh and getting to the next city.

It was dull and boring, the walk through the marsh. Lucian made sure to firmly keep his eyes to the ground as he walked. Why? Merely so he didn't go tumbling in mud. Lucian really, really didn't think he would enjoy slipping and getting covered from head to toe in the gooey substance.

A large pond suddenly appeared (really, Lucian hadn't seen it coming at all) to his right. Lucian didn't notice it though, but when his squishes began to become squelches, Lucian looked over. He was half walking in the shallow area of the pond. Lucian's eye twitched, and that was presicely the moment that his boot began to fill with water. Growling a string of curses, Lucian wrenched his boot free and began hopping about to maintain his balance. Once he was sure he wasn't going to fall, Lucian leaned against a nearby tree and tugged his boot off. Peering down in, he could see a small puddle of water. Rolling his eyes, Lucian dumped the murky water out and began to tug his boot back onto his freezing foot. That was when he noticed something.

He saw an odd shape in the lake. Squinting, Lucian moved a bit closer. This time, however, he was careful to absolutely not step in the lake like he had done previously. Suddenly yellow spikes appeared from the lake, and seconds later a fishy body followed that. The body was mostly red, with odd yellow pointy things on top. The fins were white. Lucian blinked and then reached into his pack to grab his newly obtained Pokedex. Upon thumbing through to find the picture, he found it. This Pokemon was known as Magikarp. Lucian looked from his Pokedex to the Pokemon, and then straightened up. He tucked the Pokedex away and grabbed Elekid's Pokeball.

"Here is how it shall work," Lucian declared as he moved a few paces away from the lake to give his Elekid some room. "My Elekid is going to battle you. And I am going to capture you, because apparently you don't know any attacking moves. So be a good fish and just sit there a while." Lucian pressed the button on Elekid's Pokeball and, in a bout of steam, the little shocker appeared.

"Ree bee!" Elekid declared as it immediately noticed the wild Magikarp and figured what was going to happen.

Lucian pulled his Pokedex back out and observed Elekid's apparent attacks. "Alright Elekid, this one looks promising. Begin with leer to lower Magikarp's defense, and then follow with a strong quick attack." Lucian glanced up to see what would happen.

Elekid began to glare harshly at the Magikarp. Magikarp just stared back with wide, uncomprehending eyes. Elekid seemed to decide that after a few minutes he had had enough of that, and went in for the attack. Elekid charged at a rapid rate, and Lucian was pleased to see that the water did not hinder his attack as he slammed into the Magikarp. Moments later, Elekid reemerged with Magikarp on its back. He dropped Magikarp on the shore, most likely to have a better attack quality. Lucian nodded at his Pokemon's good thinking, and then ordered for another quick attack. The Magikarp began to splash, but it did nothing as Elekid slammed into it again. The force was great enough that Magikarp ended up tumbling into a tree.

"Very good Elekid, very good," Lucian praised quietly. "Now, I think just one more attack is in order. Finish Magikarp off with another leer and then quick attack combination!"

Elekid moved to where it was facing Magikarp and began to leer. Magikarp flopped about against the tree, and then suddenly his tail struck it. The Pokemon was propelled over Elekid's head and back into the lake. Magikarp began to swim about, almost as if it did have a brain and it was now officially taunting Elekid. Elekid huffed and then charged. He went for another quick attack, but this time Magikarp dodged in the water instead of just sitting there. Lucian's eyebrows pulled together and his lips turned downward in a frown. He had thought this would be easy, but this Magikarp seemed determined to prove tricky. No matter.

"Well, I can see this is going to be more difficult than we thought," Lucian commented to Elekid. His little Pokemon nodded in affirmative. "So we must simply get Magikarp out of the water to finish this. Once he is out, you will use quick attack to finish the battle and then I will use one of these so called Pokeballs."

"Ree bee!" Elekid said, nodding once sharply.

Then Elekid sprang into action. He charged around the lake, and Magikarp continued to go the opposite way. At one point though, they crossed paths for just a split second. Elekid, apparently realizing this (Lucian had to admit he was impressed), went around once more and then swerved short in front of Magikarp. He slammed into the fish, knocking it clean out of the water and into some bushes. The Magikarp began to flop about wildly in an effort to escape the hold of the plant. Elekid waded his way from the slimy water and up the bank, and then charged at Magikarp in a quick attack. Because Magikarp had to remain stationary, Elekid easily hit his target. Magikarp fell from the bush and to the ground, flopping once and then going still. Lucian smirked and nodded to Elekid. Elekid stood up a bit taller to show it was proud of himself and the work he had done in his first battle.

"Now to capture the fish," Lucian muttered, grabbing one of the Pokeballs that he had stored securely in his backpack. He through it at the barely moving fish, and watched as it was engulfed in a puff of steam.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Odette had not expecting the route to be muddy. Not at all. Okay, it was called Marsh Road, but she figured it had just been a name… Wrong. "I cannot believe this! I have only just started and my shoes will already be ruined!" Okay, trivialities? But her shoes were very expensive, and mud was sticking at it from all sides.

Mau was already back in the Ball, saved from the marshy existence. The worst part, Odette could already see the fog in the distance, the patches that she stopped seeing from a distance. And she had to go through it. She hatec not knowing things! And not knowing what is straight ahead of you was definitely a part of that!

Naveen and Odette had barely exchanged a word as she trudged through the mud angrily and he walked after her. Every once and a while he would prevent her from stepping into a puddle that she hadn't seen, and she'd thank him, and then began marching again. And that was when the fig surrounded them.

"You know, Jude, does it hurt you to talk a bit?" Naveen asked her in his heavy accent.

"I told you not to call me Jude in public!" Odette snapped. Jude was a nickname derived from her middle name Judith (Which was also her mother's name). Naveen called her Jude when they were together so that anyone overhearing them wouldn't figure out it was Odette he was talking to. But that only worked as long as no one overheard him called her Jude and figures it out.

"There's no one here, Odette, and they wouldn't see us either in this fog." Naveen commented, keeping himself from rolling his eyes, even though she couldn't see anyone.

"That doesn't matter!" Odette was getting agitated now, and was taking it out on Naveen. "You should not get into the habit of calling me Jude, and then slip up somewhere in public! You know, I am not the only one who would be ruined if anyone found out, so stop being so careless!" If it were possible to literally fume, then Odette would be doing so now.

"You are just mad because of the swamp, and because your shoes are ruined and the fog around you is taking away your sight and therefore your control on the situation and you're taking it out on me. But that's okay, Jude, I'm used to it." She could hear the smile in his voice. And she hated that he knew her so well, and pointed it out so spot-on.

"If you know me so well, you would know when to leave me be!" Odette snapped back and upped her pace, leaving Naveen a few steps behind. "The blasted fog," she muttered to herself. "Why can't anything be simple and easy? Green hills with grassy and a few scattered trees? Simply paths with beautiful sights? Not foggy marshes where you can't see anything!"

At that very moment the ground underneath Odette's feet decided to disappear. Odette lost her balance as her foot slipped through what she had through to be more wet and sticky marshground and into something even more wet and sticky. A hand sure to be Naveen's reached out to save her, but he missed and brushed by her arm instead and she toppled, back-first, into some very cold and very dirty water.

She did the only thing that she could think of doing. She screamed. And then she did the next thing that came up to her: curse like a sailor. "Why, why?! Why does God hate me so much?!"

"Actually, I find it rather amusing," commented Narveen, who got a splash of water fired in his direction. "What? It's called Karma."

"There's no such thing as Karma! And don't let anyone hear you say that, it's blasphemous, there's only God and God's will, remember? Well, at least things can't get any worse," the moment she said it she had jinxed herself, and she felt something move by her hand. Odette squealed in surprise and a little but fear. "Something moved!"

"What did I tell you? Karma," this got met with a rather nasty glare from Odette. "Anyway, it's a small body of water, you probably just felt some of the pond-life move."

Odette's eyes widened. "Pond-life?! You mean there's things in here?!" She looked around fearfully , and felt another something move by her legs and whimpered again. "It moved again, what do I do? What do I do?"

"Getting out of the pond would be a brilliant idea."

"Oh shut up and help me!" Odette snapped at him, but she didn't move. Remember how it was mentioned that Odette liked things to be in her control? Well, she was also really anxious when things got out of her control, really anxious. For example, when lying in a dirty pond where things moved in and she couldn't see what because the water was so filthy. And she couldn't even see past Naveen's bemused expression because of the fog. Yes, that was quite an accurate example.

Very, very slowly Odette reached for Mau's Ball, which she had nicknamed a Steamer, and sent Mau out. The kitten was on high alert from the moment it was summoned, and looked at Odette questioningly with her big eyes. "Mau, could you please help me from whatever is in here!" Odette asked with a little voice. Then she felt the dislocation of water again to the right of her. "There!" She pointed and Mau leaped up, claws at the ready, and pawed in the spot where Odette had pointed. Too bad for her that the creature was long gone by now, and swimming somewhere else in the small pond.

"Mau," came Naveen's voice and the kitten looked up questioningly. "Don't move and wait until the creature gets near you, and then strike." Mau listened to Naveen and poised still, ready to strike. Odette was fuming, inside her head she was throwing sharp objects at Naveen's head, but she didn't dare move.

Then a small ripple formed near Mau as a pinkish mouth came up from the surface for a second and then retreated again. Mau jumped up, stealthy as a true cat, but clumsy as a kitten, and came down right above the Pokémon, just keeping her head above the surface as her paws trapped the fish. "Okay, now throw it on the land so we can see it," came Naveen's voice again.

Meowth scooped up the fish and threw it on the surface. It was brown, with darker spots and blue fins and tail. It flopped uselessly up and down for a moment before settling down. "Is it dead?" Came the little voice of Odette.

"No, it's playing dead," Naveen said while browsing through the little encyclopedia of Pokémon. "Aha!" He exclaimed. "This little thing is a Feebas, it says that it is a creature that can survive in any waters, though it prefers the weedier ones. Hm, interesting. This one's little arch is smaller than the picture's. .And it says that they tend to come in big groups."

"Then what are you waiting for, get me out of here now!" She snapped at Naveen, who took her extended hand and helped her up. Her skirts were all wet and weighing her down big time, and she just felt awful. Also, her hair had completely escaped its bun and was hanging down in tangles, only the bottoms being wet from the shallow waters.

At the very moment that Odette had come out of the water, the Feebas decided it was time to get back into the water and flopped about, getting higher and higher as it got momentum. Then, in an unfortunate flop, it landed straight against Odette's chest, who was still standing by the very side of the pond, and Feebas bounced away toward Naveen and Odette lost her balance yet again and found herself… in the pond.

More sailor-speak and another hand from Naveen later, and Odette was ready to kill that stupid fish. "Mau!" She called, and Mau looked up from where she had been snoozing off a bit. "I want you to scratch the life out of that fish!"

Mau complied and started a frantic scratch attack, and Feebas could only flop there. Then suddenly, a little shine came in its eye, and just as Mau brought down her claw again, Feebas jumped up and launched itself straight at Mau's face. Mau hissed in agitation as she shook her head and looked at the fish with murder. Now both trainer and Pokémon were in it to kill it.

Mau growled very discontently, but the Feebas paid no heed and flopped about more, trying to get away from Mau and toward the pond. "Mau don't let it get into the water!" Came a semi-screech from Odette. Naveen, in the mean time, was face-palming like no other.

Mau tried to intercept the fish, but it reached the pond before she could get to it. In one swift movement the Meowth leaped into the pond after the Feebas, and stayed still like Naveen had taught her to. And then she toppled over as a certain fish rammed her hard in the side. Before she knew it, more and more fish were ramming against her as apparently the Feebas had called its friends to help.

Mau was throwing her paw everywhere in the pond, wherever she spotted movement. More than once a Feebas got thrown into the air before disappearing again under the water to abuse Mau like all the other ones were doing.

Mau was hanging in there, behind enemy lines, and hitting Feebas after Feebas. Then her paw connected underneath one and she threw it hard enough to land on the ground. This one had a arch-fin just a bit smaller than the others, and Mau at once recognized it as being the one who had started it all. Just as she was about to scratch it with all she had, Naveen's voice rang out. "It's enough Mau."

The Feebas had stopped moving, as if to give in to its predicament. The fight was out of this creature. Odette objected, however. "How do we know it's not faking it again?!"

"It's not." And just then Naveen reached into his backpack where everything of his and of Odette's was stored, and pulled out a Steamer. He pressed the button and the steam released, making the top open, and he threw it at the Feebas.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Odette objected. "I don't want to have that thing!"

Just then Naveen showed her the entry right next to Feebas' in the Pokédex, that of its evolution. Odette's face changed noticeably, as she turned back to the now wriggling ball. "Come on, come on, I want you now!"

Came Naveen: "Oh what would you do without me?"

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Lugia-a: Man oh man that was a good post. Naveen is hilarious! Very well done playing up that Odette is from the high end of society and would be expecting the Journey to be an easy one. Nicely done!
    Odette caught a Female Level 5 Feebas!

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    (OOC: Here is my first post for Chapter 6: Marsh Road... you might want to fix that, unless it is Chapter 6. I know the way I portray Yanma is more like a bee then a dragonfly, but it's the best I could come up with.)

Chapter 2: The Yanma Swarm and the Annoying Magikarp!

Marsh Road: Not a long path, but it does live up to its name. The area is damp, and whatever land there is, isn't dry. There is also a heavy fog hanging around the area, but not so heavy that Kyle couldn't see in front of him. There are also a good amount of reeds in the area.

"Man, this place is a little forboding for a first time trainer." Said Kyle to himself as he looked around. Unlike most travelers who were smart enough to stick to the 'marked' path, Kyle felt the need to go off of it, to exprience his own feelings for adventure. Unfortunately this caused him to get lost. "Man, I can't believe I got lost."

Kyle then heard the sound of splashing close by. "What the?" Asked Kyle to himself as he looked to where the sound was coming from. To his left, there was an orange fish splashing around in the water. "A Magikarp? Hmm, to catch or not to catch?" Kyle thought for a second before grabbing one of his pokeballs. "I'll catch it! Pokeball, go!" Kyle pressed the button, causing steam to come out of the ball, before tossing it. However, the Magikarp's flailing saved it, by smacking away the pokeball, sending it into the trees. "Wow, how sad."

"KARP!" Cried Magikarp as it flailed around in the water. Kyle just looked over to the fish and sighed.

"Looks like I have to actually fight it." Said Kyle, taking out Ralts' pokeball, before noticing a small noise. A buzzing noise. "What is that?" Suddenly a Yanma emerged from the trees, a small bump on its head. "Oh, no... I have a feeling that this isn't going to be good." And he was right as more of the insects emerged from the trees.

A Yanma is a bug with a long red abdomen, and a relatively short thorax, with small, black legs. It possesses two sets of wings, each of them white with red stripes near the tips. It has a green mask over its red head. "I think I should go." Muttered Kyle before running away. However, the Magikarp hopped onto Kyle, to hopefully get away. "Wah, get off of me!"

Some of the Yanma were beginning to get faster, closing some distance between them and Kyle. "Oh no..." Murmured Kyle as he grabbed the fish. "Get off of me!"

"KARP!" Cried the Magikarp, who smacked Kyle in the head with its tail, which wasn't the smartest thing to do, as he was distracted enough to trip over a root, and smack into a small tree, face first. "Karpkarpkarpkarpkarpkarp."

'I just got floored by a Magikarp, now that is just pathetic.' Thought Kyle as he began to get up. "Ralts, come on out!" Kyle tossed the pokeball, releasing the Ralts. The ball came back into Kyle's hand, still steaming. Still hot. A Yanma came up to attack Kyle, but was hit back by the ball, causing its 'mask' to slightly burn. "Ralts, use Confusion!"

"Ralts!" (T: What, are you kidding me!? They're going to beat me!) Yelled Ralts as the Yanma began to gang up on him. Kyle grabbed a large stick and smacked a Yanma away.

"Do it! NOW!" Yelled Kyle as he beat back another group of Yanma. Ralts blasted the Yanma back with a wave of Psychic energy, but it was not that effective against the bugs. "Oh no... this is bad."

"YANMA!" Buzzed the leader of the Yanma as it flew back into the air. It was pissed, and was seeking to kill the one who clobbered it in the head. And with that, the others were buzzing as well, all seeking to kill the one who 'attacked' the hive.

"Ralts." (T: Wow, they really want your head.) Said Ralts, surprised at what they were saying. However, Kyle was just confused, unable to understand Ralts.

"Okay, we're trapped. I don't have enough pokeballs to capture all of them." Said Kyle as the Yanma began to close in. "Ralts isn't strong enough to beat them, and the Magikarp is useless. I'm doomed."

"KARP!" Exclaimed Magikarp as it leapt into the air. Two Yanma attempted to hit it, but it fell too fast, and they hit each other in the head, knocking themselves out. That action caused the swarm to focus their efforts on the Magikarp.

"Confusion!" Exclaimed Kyle. Ralts fired another confusion, knocking a few of them around, but still doing no real damage. However, a couple of the weak Yanma were scared off. The Yanma then flew toward Kyle, realising that he was the one giving the Ralts orders. Kyle swung the branch, knocking out three of the Yanma at once. "Use Confusion one last time!"

However, as Ralts was about to attack again, he was tackled by a Yanma, knocking him to the ground. "Ralts!" Exclaimed Kyle. He swung his stick, slamming it into the leader's head, and knocking it into a tree, knocking it out. "Come on! Attack me, if you dare!" Kyle lifted the branch, ready to beat down any Yanma that would come to attack him.

And attack they did. The Yanma surrounded Kyle and attacked. He was able to take down a couple of the bugs, but wasn't strong enough to stand that many tackles, and as a result, he fell against a tree, having been tackled again. "Urgh... I can't believe I'm going to die, all because of a stupid Magikarp." The Yanma closed in, but they didn't expect the Magikarp to fall from about thirty feet up, and land on one of them. The impact knocked out the Yanma, but there were still some left.

However, before the Yanma could finish off Kyle and the pokemon around, a bunch of Hoothoot came down, in an attempt to attack the Yanma. One of the bugs grabbed the leader and flew off with the rest, outrunning the Hoothoot, which kept following anyway.

Kyle sighed as he fell onto his knees in the puddle. "That was close. I thought I was going to die." The Magikarp looked at Kyle before swimming away. "...Crap. I came out of this with nothing, didn't I? Well, I'd better get moving."

"Ralts." (T: Oooh... I can barely move.) Moaned Ralts. Kyle smiled before returning the exhausted pokemon to its pokeball. Kyle leaned against the tree, and used it to help himself up.

"Well, that Magikarp was useful. I'd better find it. It'd make a great new addition to the team." Said Kyle before running off in the direction where the Magikarp swam. "Yeah, they're rare around here, it should be easy to find. Get ready, I'm going to catch you."

(OOC: There's my post for now.)

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Zeta Dimentio: Sigh...no amount of spell check can ever replace stupidity...anywho! Quite the chaotic post! Yes it was a little odd that the Yanman acted more like bees but it worked well for the plot at hand.
    Ralts grew to Level 6 and learned Confusion! (Kind of moot point by now but we have to make it offical.)

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    (OOC: Sorry this took so long, I've been working on a lot lately.)

Raydin yawned in his bed and he sat up abruptly. In the normal symmetry of his room, something was off. He stood up and walked around his room, scrutinizing everything carefully. He noticed nothing wrong until he reached his dresser. There was a padlock keeping it shut.

Raydin walked over to the side of his bed and he felt around underneath it until he felt the small familiar box. He pulled it out and gave it a look over before he opened it. It was solid black with a vertical grain. He opened it and heard the poorly oiled hinges creak. Inside were a handful of bobby pins and a screwdriver. Raydin placed five of the bobby pins in his pocket and one in his left hand. He grabbed the screwdriver and extended it before he walked back to the dresser.

Handling it carefully, Raydin stuck the bobby pin into the lock and twisted it to the right slightly. He took the screwdriver and began turning the whole locking mechanism slowly. His hand slipped and the bobby pin snapped off. Raydin muttered, "Crap." He stuck the screwdriver in and forced the lock, which promptly broke into pieces. Raydin sighed, he could of done it in a slightly less barbaric way, but it worked.

Raydin grabbed his outfit and opened the door, stepping out into the large hallway. He looked left and right as he walked, checking for any traps his parents may have set. He walked towards the bathroom as slowly as possible. He felt the trip wire two seconds after it was too late. He fell forward, and he landed flat on his face. "Damn…That is likely to bruise later…"

Raydin stood up and grunted slightly before he opened the door to the bathroom. He locked the door and stepped into the shower. He turned the hot water all the way up, and felt it cascade over his body. The scalding water turned his skin blood red, but he didn't care. He was used to the heat.

Raydin stepped out into the now steam filled room. Something was off, there should have been a lot more steam. Someone had been in here. Raydin looked around and saw that his suspicions had been confirmed, his parents had stolen his clothes, and every extra towel in his bathroom. Raydin stuck his head out the door and yelled, "ARE YOU GUYS OUT TO GET ME THIS MORNING? OR AM I READING THIS WRONG?" Raydin shook his head, they wouldn't respond, they-

Raydin's thoughts were interrupted by something very heavy hitting him in the face. He looked down at the missile. It was the clothes from earlier, wrapped around a multitude of rocks. Feeling his face tenderly, he felt several spots that were without a doubt going to bruise. Raydin grabbed his clothes and dressed himself.

Raydin stepped out of the bathroom and walked to his bedroom, keeping an eye out for more traps. He opened the door and grabbed the pocketwatch off of his dresser. He opened it and said to himself, "Right on time. Right. On. Time." Raydin stepped out of his room and closed the door behind him. He walked to the kitchen without getting held back by any traps. He was however, shocked by what he saw in the kitchen.

Food, most of it was unhealthy too. Pancakes drenched in butter and sugar, greasy bacon and sausages, and buttery eggs. Next to all of it was a note. Raydin read it out loud. "Hey Raydin! I cooked you up a big breakfast for your big trip. I expect you to eat all of it! ~Sammy." Raydin sighed. Of course Sammy would do this.

Raydin grabbed the least greasy piece of sausage and began munching on it. He swallowed what he had before yelling, "Guido, Porkpie! Breakfast!" The two purple rats ran fast, faster than you would think 13 year old rats would run. The two rattatas leaped on to the table and they began devouring the food. Raydin smiled. "Thanks guys, you two keep my cover going. I'll see you later." Raydin left the kitchen and began walking towards the front door. Two shadows stepped out in front of him.

Raydin smiled. "Hi mum, Hi dad. Did you have fun breaking my face this morning?"

His dad smiled. "Just testing you before you leave son, I say you get a C-, What do you think honey?"

Raydin's mom had her face set in stone. "B-, He picked the lock faster than last time. Think we should let him go?"

"I don't see why not, but he looks pretty ugly with all of those bruises on his face."

Raydin stared at his dad. "Yea, no thanks to you two. Now can you guys please move, I'm going to be late."

They smiled. "You'll have to get the key from us first. One of us has it on us, can you-"

Raydin held the key up in his hand. "Stole it while you were rambling, can I go now?"

Raydin's dad smiled. "I dunno, Do you think you're rea-"

Raydin walked past his parents, unlocked the door and opened it. He paused in the doorway and said over his shoulder, "I'll come back and visit someti- Ow!" Raydin looked down to see a backpack. He opened it up and looked inside. "Bobby pins and a screwdriver…Dad, I already have some bobby pins, and a screwdriver why did you give me these?" Raydin turned towards his parents, but they had already left. "Bye…" Raydin spun around and walked into the open air.

Instantly he was overwhelmed by the smell of fish. He leaned forward and coughed a few times, before he stood up with tears pouring from his eyes. He reached into his pockets and pulled out a pair of nose plugs, and he installed them immediately. He began walking, heading to the lab of professor cotton.

Raydin looked around him as he walked. Fishermen, fishing boats, hatcheries, and dead fish. Why did his parents choose this place as their 'New Life'? This place stunk, and the only jobs available were related to fish.

Raydin sighed as he walked through the dank brown town. There was only one good thing about the place. Sammy's daycare. He would swing by, but she would question him about his breakfast, and he hadn't eaten it. He continued walking until he saw the large grey building; Professor Cotton's lab.

Raydin gently opened the fence, closing it behind him. He walked up to the house, and slowly knocked on the door. He stood straight as the door opened. Raydin stared at the man before him. He was short, and his greatest features were his tiny glasses and his large mustache. Raydin held out his hand. "Hello sir, I'm Raydin Sear. I am here for a pokemon, I believe it was a totodile, yes?"

Professor Cotton nodded. "Yes, yes. Come in, come in…. What happened to your face boy?"

Raydin sighed. "Please don't ask, can we go inside?"

Raydin stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. Cotton stood before him with several objects in his hand. They were spheres, white and red. There were holes on the bottom. Raydin took them and placed them in his pack he turned back to say thank you when he was greeted by two more objects. There was a book bound in leather, and another sphere. Raydin took them and was about to ask professor cotton about them when he explained them.

"Those spheres I gave you are called pokeballs. They are steam powered balls that are used to capture pokemon. The one I just gave you has your pokemon in it. The book is called a pokedex. It is used to record data on captured pokemon. Why don't you release your pokemon now?"

Raydin held the pokeball in his right hand and he released the pokemon. The ball opened and steam spurted out of the bottom, burning Raydin's hand. He let out a loud "Gaah!" and he dropped the pokeball. He held his hand in pain and looked at the small blue crocodile.

It was standing on its hind legs with its arms out to the side. It had red spikes running down its back that reminded Raydin of a stegosaur. It had a small tan chest that went all the way up to its overly large jaw. It had its head cocked, and it was looking at Raydin curiously. Raydin looked at it, and began judging it. It seemed to be the kind of pokemon that would be a good companion, until Raydin saw the drool coming off of its jaw. It obviously had a very small brain capacity.

Raydin crouched next to it and smiled, if only just. "Hi, my name is Raydin, can you talk?"

The Totodile looked at him before saying in a very high pitched voice, "Dii-le. To-To-Diii-le!"

Raydin smiled at the croc before he said, "Umm are you a boy or girl? I'm gonna take a guess, and…I'll call you Blaire." He looked down at the sphere by his feet, and then at his hand. "I'm going to leave you out of the pokeball for now." Raydin placed the pokeball and pokedex in his pack before turning to Cotton. "Thank you sir, I will take care of the materials and my pokemon."

Cotton nodded. "Okay, goodbye Raydin. Hopefully we will meet again."

Raydin scooped up Blaire and walked to the door. "Goodbye professor." Raydin opened up the door and walked outside. "Are you ready Blaire? Because here we go…"

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To pikapip: Thats allright it happens to the best of us. Now regarding your post. Lets move on to the critisism first shall we? Collapsable screwdriver? I don't think they even had basic screwdrivers back in old england. And I thought I put it down that Totodile is Male. So unless he's a crossdresser, Totodile is 110% all Male. Now on to praise! I love the interaction between Raydin's parents and himself. Hilarious! I also love how Cotton askes about his face.
    Raydin recieved a Level 5 Male Totodile, 5 Pokeballs, and a Pokedex!

Lucciola

Vibing with the music
    Years
    Lucciola looked at the marsh before him and the shallow watery path which was to be his way through this dreary little water hole so he stopped before entering the swamp and took off his shoes and socks because he didn't have any other pair to change into if these got dirty, so he put them into his bag and took the first squishy step on to the small swamp path where it was obvious that he was going to have to be very careful to avoid having to swim the rest of the way. So Lucciola proceeded to take long but careful steps along the shallow path and was only occasionally looking up to enjoy the view but then as he was coming to what seemed a corner he spotted what looked like some kind of dragonfly, so pausing Lucciola stayed very still and quietly pulled out his pokedex and tried to look up the creature in front of him.

It said that it was a Yanma which was some kind of bug pokemon so Lucciola turned quickly to Trapinch's page to remind him of what attacks and abilities his Trapinch had then put the book back in his bag, and took out the pokeball which had his Trapinch in it and pressed the button releasing the pokemon in a bust of steam on to the watery ground below. "Trap, Trap-pinch" exclaimed the pokemon appearing to not like the shallow ground he was on but then spotted the Yanma and knew what his trainer wanted him to do, "Okay Trapinch, try and bite that Yanma" asked Lucciola so the little pokemon charged over as best he could. But the Yanma saw him coming and tried to swing out of the way but was instead met with a bite on the wing which didn't impress the little dragonfly much, "Yan Yanma" buzzed the pokemon as it tried to get free but Trapinch wasn't letting go.

Thus the Yanma headed towards Trapinch and tackle him which caused him a strike to the face which had him flipping over but Yanma came with him even though Trapinch had let go of the wing, it wasn't in till about half way over that he did so and the Yanma hit the water behind Trapinch "Traaapinch" wiggled the Trapinch as he tried to right itself. Lucciola was about to step in to help him but the pokemon rolled over and looked slightly annoyed and charged once again attempting to bite the wily Yanma which attempted to take flight, but it's wing was still sore and it didn't get very far before Trapinch bit a couple of it's hanging legs. Causing the bug pokemon to flutter about all over the place so Trapinch tried making it's way up the Yanma by trying to take another bite, but once it let go Trapinch was met with gravity which caused him to splatter in the muddy water below.

And taking it as a time to attack the Yanma dove down and tried to tackle the Trapinch as he tried to wiggle it's way to an upright position but just as the Yanma is about to hit Trapinch rolls out of the way "Trapinch Trap" commented the pokemon, apparently enjoying his little trick "Nice work Trapinch" praised Lucciola "Now go for one last bite and we'll see if we can catch this little bug" ordered Lucciola and Trapinch walked over in a strut to bite the Yanma. But the Yanma had other ideas and as soon as Trapinch got close enough the Yanma moved it's eyes and Trapinch paused slightly so Yanma rolled over from it's crashed position, and whacked Trapinch in the head with it's tail but as the tail was passing by his head Trapinch grabbed a hold with his teeth.

"That's it Trapinch, keep a hold" expressed Lucciola as he pulled out one of the empty pokeballs and got it ready to use "Now move away mate so I can try and catch him" asked Lucciola, so Trapinch let go of the Yanma who seemed intent to leave but Lucciola threw the pokeball hoping that he'd done so the right way and the pokemon disappeared in a puff of steam.

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Lucciola: That was a decent post but you've still got a problem with run on sentences. Lucciola looked at the marsh before him and the shallow watery path which was to be his way through this dreary little water hole so he stopped before entering the swamp and took off his shoes and socks because he didn't have any other pair to change into if these got dirty, so he put them into his bag and took the first squishy step on to the small swamp path where it was obvious that he was going to have to be very careful to avoid having to swim the rest of the way. Thats easily a small paragraph of writing but you've turned into one sentence. So just for future reference put some periods in there!
    Lucciola caught a Level 2 Female Yanma!
    To Everyone: When I grade your post and find something wrong with it that dosen't mean I want you to go back and fix it. I'll let you know when you have to fix it. The grade is just something you need to work on m'kay?

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Name: Chao Rishin

Appearance: Chao stands at height of about five feet and two inches with a medium muscle-lacking build. His black hair is short and matted down with an english top-hat. His eyes are black and slanted off to the sides and his chin is hairless and smooth.

For the most part Chao has adopted the victorian style of the Buhar region. He wears a white vest and brown pants topped by a tall black coat. His shoes are black to match his outfit and in his pocket he carries a small pocket watch.

Personality: Chao is hot-headed, rash, and almost way to curious for his own good. It was those three traits in the first place that caused him to leave his homeland. He is the type of person who often acts before he thinks which often causes him to run into trouble. His temper also tends to get the best of him and he often finds himself sticking his nose into other people's buisness.

Chao's ambitions are what drive him to perform his best. It is because of this that he brands many people as his rivals in order to push himself. He furthermore will never give in to any challenge unless confronted with no other option.

History: Chao was born in a distant Asian country. He lived a pretty mediocre childhood in a modest town until he was fifteen and decided that village life was too bland. From then Chao began edging towards the sea and shortly after his sixteen birthday he decided to cross it and reach the Buhar region while serving as an indentured servant.

In the Buhar region he served five years under a wealthy retired merchant where he learned to speak english. During his work in the manor he also learned to respect the merchant's work and when he had earned his freedom he set out to become a merchant. He undertook the role of taking care of a pokemon so he could survey and learn about the trade patterns of the land while receiving the protection of having a pokemon.

Roleplay Sample: (I am creating something randomly made as I am constantly improving and feel that there is no "current" example of my writing at the moment)

The wind fluttered past Jake's hair as the ship began to sail away. Tears filled his eyes, but he did not know why. Was it the wind or was it her? He smirked at the thought and tossed his hair slightly with his left hand. Of course she had touched him and Jake knew that now his heart could never be as cold as it once was. "Captain! Full speed towards the next harbor!" he shouted with the strength of his ambitions even though inside his heart drowned in deep melancholy. The captain edged towards the wheel and glided his fingers across the smooth surface of the wheel. He had already begun to straighten his position when a voice took stopped him. "Wait!" the young woman's voice echoed to the dock and proliferated. Jack immediately turned around and he met the eyes of the woman that he loved waiting at the minuscule dock. "Jake, I won't forgive you if you don't come back! So you better!" Marissa shouted at him with a bit of a quiver and her usual dour expression. Jack paused. A smile lit his face and the tears became a stream. "Al, set her off…" Jack spoke softly. The ship began pulling farther away and Jack just smiled back at the unyielding Marissa.

Starter Pokémon: Chimchar

Sorry for the lateness and if there is anything that you would like me to fix I will do that... I kind of rushed on the personality and I am sorry... that is my fault -.- Once again, I would like to apologize :/

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    (OOC: Here's my second post for this route. Sorry I took so long, but I'm doing a Let's Play of Pokemon Raptor and doing a 'Dramatic Reading' of the infamous 'My Immortal'. I am okay right now.

Interesting fact. Magikarp's base speed is 80.)

Chapter 3: Kyle vs. Magikarp: Man vs. Pokemon

Kyle ran through the swampy route, following the Magikarp, who was jumping away quite fast. "Man, I thought Magikarp were supposed to be weak and slow. This one is pretty fast!" Exclaimed Kyle as his foot slipped on the mud, causing him to fall to the ground, face first. "Urgh... This is going to stain my clothes... that's just great."

Kyle got up and ran his hand across his face, wiping off some of the mud. "Damn, I lost the Magikarp. Oh well, hopefully there's a pond somewhere to wash some of this crap off of my clothes." He took a step through the foliage and was surprised to see that there was a fairly large pond right below him, but he was too late to stop himself before plummeting into the water.

As Kyle re-surfaced, he saw the Magikarp again. "There it is!" Exclaimed Kyle as he began to swim after the fish, but he didn't take into account that it was much faster then him, and was surprised when the fish was pretty much swiming circles around him.

"Karp, karp, Magikarp." Said Magikarp as it splashed water in Kyle's face.

"Grr... get back here!" Yelled Kyle as he attempted to swim after the Magikarp, but it was still too fast for him. "This is starting to piss me off." Kyle got out a pokeball and tossed it at the Magikarp, steam escaping through the holes, but the fish dove back into the water, and the ball hit the water. Kyle swimmed after the pokeball, and when he got it, he saw the Magikarp swimming around. Kyle smiled before tossing the ball, hitting the Magikarp, sucking it in, but after a couple of seconds, it broke out surprising Kyle, who barely noticed as the Magikarp slapped the ball at Kyle.

SMACK!

Kyle fell back into the water and a small bump formed on his head. 'I'll get you...' Thought Kyle as he looked up at the surface. The Magikarp swam around Kyle, as if it was taunting him.

(Later)

Kyle had gotten out of the water, and had made a lasso out of a few vines he saw in the trees. He saw the Magikarp swimming around and tossed the lasso, getting the Magikarp. "Ha! Got you, fish!" But he didn't expect the fish to be strong enough to actually pull him into the water. Kyle grumbled as the fish swam up to him and splashed water in his face yet again.

(Later)

Kyle glared at the Magikarp who was swimming around. Who knew this pokemon could put up such a fight. "I could use Ralts, but no, that's too easy. If my wife hears about this, I'm going to be the laughing stock of every trainer." Grumbled Kyle, glaring at the fish. "My kids wouldn't respect me as a trainer either. I have to catch this thing myself!" Kyle jumped towards the Magikarp, but it moved. He landed in the water, smashing his face into the ground of the shallow water. Kyle got up and wiped the blood off of his face.

"Damn you, Magikarp. I will catch you!" Exclaimed Kyle, but the Magikarp wasn't paying attention to the trainer.

(Later)

Kyle smirked as he held the branch from when he had to fight off the Yanma. "Heh, this will do it." Said Kyle as he watched the Magikarp jumping around. It started to jump this way, and as it got close, something jumped out of the water. Kyle swung the branch and hit the creature back.

"BARBOACH!" Cried the creature. Kyle facepalmed in embarassment.

"This isn't a Magikarp. It has to be something else." Said Kyle as the Magikarp swam around, like it was mocking him. Suddenly, Kyle was hit in the face by mud, causing him to fall into the pond again.

"Bar boach!" Exclaimed the Barboach as it swam away.

(Later)

Kyle thought about it for a moment, what could he use around here to his advantage? The Magikarp proved capable of avoiding each of his attempts. "I guess I'll have to go in again." Said Kyle. He pulled out a pokeball and looked towards the pond. "Damn fish."

(Pokeball)

Ralts was watching Kyle's attempts to catch the Magikarp with amusement. "Ra-ralt." (T: What an idiot) Said Ralts, quite happy that he hadn't been called out yet.

(Kyle)

Kyle jumped into the water and threw the pokeball, hitting the Magikarp. The ball began to shake in the water. Would Kyle catch the Magikarp?

(OOC: Well, I could have gone farther, but I decided not to.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back