• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Adventure: Kanto Region

Years
    PLOT
    Greetings and welcome to the world of Pokemon. It is a vast and diverse land, full of many different creatures as well as people known as pokemon trainers who control them in battle.

You are one of these pokemon trainers With your new starting partner at your side and your fellow pokemon trainer companions, each having their own unique pokemon, you must travel through the land that is Kanto, collecting gym badges from the various cities as you strive for one goal and that's to be the pokemon master.

You are a resident of Pallet Town and have decided to finally begin your pokemon journey. With the help of myself, the local pokemon expert who provdes you with your first pokemon, set out to begin your journey through Kanto.

Your job will be to catch wild pokemon, as you train them to become powerful battlers. You can decide which moves they learn through TMs and HMs as well as if they will evolve or not.

Beware though because an evil organization of pokemon thieves is on the loose throughout the region. They are known as Team Rocket, and they will do anything to steal rare and powerful pokemon. It may be up to you to stop them and their evil plans.

You can collect items and secret pokeballs to help your chances of catching wild pokemon. Your final goal is to collect all eight Kanto gym badges and face off against the elite four to prove that you are indeed the true pokemon champion.

There will be many challenges and many people who get in your way. Will you work with your fellow pokemon trainers, or against them? Only time will tell. The choices are all up to you as you build your team and try to become the best pokemon trainer of all time.

The Character Sheet

Character Name: What is your characters name.
    Age: How old is your character. I prefer the ages of 10 between 15.
    Birth Date: When is your characters birthday.

Apperance: What does your character look like.

Personality: What is your characters personality.

History: What is your character's history.

Pokemon Starter: What is your starter pokemon. The choices are limited. If another person picked that pokemon, please choose another one. These are the choices.

Bug Pokemon
    Caterpie
    Weedle
    Paras
    Venonat
    Scyther
    Pinsir​

Dragon Pokemon
    Dratini​

Electric Pokemon
    Pikachu
    Magnemite
    Voltorb
    Electabuzz​

Fighting Pokemon
    Mankey
    Machop
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmonchan​

Fire Pokemon
    Charmander
    Vulpix
    Growlithe
    Ponyta
    Magmar​

Flying Pokemon
    Pidgey
    Spearow
    Zubat
    Farfetch'd
    Doduo​

Ghost Pokemon
    Gastly​

Grass Pokemon
    Bulbasaur
    Oddish
    Bellsproute
    Exeggcute
    Tangela​

Ground Pokemon
    Sandshrew
    Diglett
    Geodude
    Onix
    Cubone
    Rhyhorn​

Ice Pokemon
    Jynx​

Normal Pokemon
    Rattata
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Meowth
    Lickitung
    Chansey
    Kangaskhan
    Tauros
    Ditto
    Eevee
    Porygon​

Poison Pokemon
    Ekans
    Nidoran (Female)
    Nidoran (Male)
    Grimer
    Koffing​

Psychic Pokemon
    Abra
    Slowpoke
    Drowzee
    Mr. Mime​

Water Pokemon
    Squirtle
    Psyduck
    Poliwag
    Tentacool
    Seel
    Shellder
    Krabby
    Horsea
    Goldeen
    Staryu
    Magikarp​

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    This seems interesting as far as the RPs on this site go, so I would like to join. The only problem is I am an inexperienced roleplayer. So if I could some help from you or anyone, I will write up a character and do my best.

If not, I will definitely watch this one to learn as much as possible.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Alright. I'll do my best right now:

Name: Issac Reigns
    Dob: September 12, 1993 (Assuming it is 2008)
    Appearance: (Check the trainer card)
    Personality: Issac is a rebellious teenager with a hatred of authority and routine. He acts on his gut and acts usually in the spur of the moment without thinking much through. He is a carefree and kind, especially towards Pokemon. Despite this, in battle he often is more concerned with power and ability and focuses on the win.
    History(OK it isnt the greatest but I tried): Issac and his family was originally from the Hoenn region particularly Lilycove and his parents are big competitors in contests. Through this, Isaac developed a love for pokemon, but not contests. He found himself watching battles and tournaments on the TV and dreamed of competing in the Pokemon League. When his parents retired from contests (temporarily) and moved to Pallet, he saw this an opportunity to start fresh on his Pokemon journey.

Starter: Dratini (Hopefully I will be able to fight well with it)
    Now do i need a trainer card?

Last edited:
    Years
    Well if you start with a pokemon that needs evolving by a trade(over the games thoery)it just needs to be level 50 or higher to evolve into its final form.

Stephen_The_Ace

Drifblim Rules.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Character Name: Seth Rogers
    Birth Date: 08/25/91

Apperance:Seth has a small build, standing only five foot five inches and weighing in at one-hundred and twenty-five pounds. He has long brown hair, and wears a red shirt with black sleves, dark gray jeans, and obnoxiously bright yellow shoes, which he considers his trademark.

Personality: In a group of people, Seth will always be the most cocky out of them all, But in all reality he isn't really like that. If left alone, all Seth can think about are his flaws. He is also extremely sarcastic, and often upsets people by taking jokes too far.

History: Seth was not allowed to get his first pokemon until now. He feels as though he has been left in the dust by his friends, because they all got thier first pokemon when they turned ten years old. Thusly, he feels as though he will never be able to become as good as them, due to his late start.

Pokemon Starter: Gastly(M).

Edit: I have a (Temporary) sprite for him in my Sig now.

Last edited:

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
    Years
    I hope you don't mind, but this looks like fun.

Character Name: Kaiden Hunter

Birth Date: June 27th 1993

Appearance: (my trainer card)

He has a red acoustic guitar, as well as a belt for all the pokemon stuff, such as pokeballs, food and water etc.

Personality: Kaiden likes to be friends with everyone, but has a mean streak and will hold grudges. He is very stubborn and will follow through something he wants to do.

History: Kaiden grew up far from Kanto. He always loved pokemon. His father and mother both hated them however and thought they were all dangerous, from Kyogre to the smallest Pidgey. He wasn't allowed near any. Him and his father didn't get on well and often fought. His mother cried a lot and eventually left them through stress - at least thats what the note said. His father continued abusing him, and Kaiden would take it out on others at school. He eventually ran away, taking a boat to distant Kanto. When discovered at Vermilion docks, he was thrown away by the angry sailors. He ran away into the forest, and began hiking. He got a nasty scar on his left arm after having to bat away an angry Spearow. He eventually stumbled into Pallet town, bruised and bloody. He was taken in by the resident's, staying at the house of a nice woman who's husband had passed away. He went to school and tried to fit in, but was bullied and often lashed out. He wasn't allowed his pokemon at 10. Now he is finally old enough. Many still see him as an outsider and don't want to get to know him. He can be really emotional.

Pokemon Starter: Cubone male. Nicknamed Konrad. Has a nasty scar on his right eye, blinding him there. He got it when he was young, he was attacked by a nasty team rocket member and fled, wandering till caught by Oak.

Im just wondering, how many people are you planning on having in this? Not for every starter I presume.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Ill give this a go, I've never RPed before so go easy on me

Character Name: Matthew Silver
    Birth Date: September 13th 1992

Appearance: About 5"5 and quite slim. Light brown hair. A similarity is featured in the trainer card in my sig.

Personality: There are two highly different sides to Matthew, He is very timid and shy around new people, when he tries to be formal he often can't put his thoughts to words and comes across as very timid. However then there is the cocky side that we see when he is competing in any form especially around his friends

History: Matthew was born in Vermillion City he spent the first few years of his life there. He grew a love for pokemon after an experience which his father had. His father was conned into buying a magikarp from a shady salesman. When his father realised how useless this magikarp was he wasn't happy, eventually he learned to be great friends with it. After seeing how happy his father ended up being Matthew longed to experience that for himself. Matthew didn't know at the time but his father had been diagnosed with depression and his experience with magikarp seemed to cure him and he decided that he would go on a pokemon journey, he failed at being a pokemon trainer in his youth but he left Matthew and Matthews mother to go on this new pokemon journey. After a few months Matthews mother decided to move into pallet town. Matthew didn't start his journey until he found a pokemon he felt he had a connection with

Pokemon Starter: Abra, An injured abra stumbled in Pallet Town one day, with Professor Oak away doing some field work it was up to Matthew and his mother to nurse it back to health. Matthew and Abra seemed to have a special connection and it wasn't too long before he decided to start his pokemon journey

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2008
    This looks cool.

Character Name: Denis Nolan

Birth Date: September 15th, 1993

Apperance: Denis has messy grey hair, with slightly tanned skin. Wears a light blue shirt with white in the bottom corners, light grey pants, blue shoes, and blue and red fingerless gloves. Has dark green eyes. He carries a green single strap backpack.

Personality: Denis is pretty laid back, usually keeping his hands in his pockets, even during a Pokemon Battle. He fights with a cool atitude during any fight. He cares deeply about his friends and Pokemon.

History:
    Denis grew up with his dad ever since he could remember. His mother, whom he'd never met, was off on some quest to another region, and had been gone for years. He and his dad lived in a small house in Pallet Town, not too far from the Pokmon Proffesor's lab.

The only tamed Pokemon he came to contact with were his father's Hitmonlee and Pidgeot, who were his friends while he grew up. He was playful and full of energy as a child, but settled down as he grew up. He wants a strong Pokemon that he can help manuever with stratagetic tactics.

Pokemon Starter: Electabuzz, Male.
    It turned out that Denis's mother had sent a selection of Pokemon she had caught to Proffesor Oak to give to starting trainers. One turned out to be an Electabuzz, but because of it's rude behavior, was never chosen by trainers. When it was his time, the boy went to Oak's lab, and spotted the yellow Pokemon. He felt something about its potential, and chose it.

Electabuzz obviously disliked Denis's laid back attitude, and disobeyed his order most of the time. But when he saw how he thought of strategies in battle, he found respect for his master, and obeyed.

((Gawd sorry it's so long))

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Character name: Champ

Appearance: Wears a green polo, with dark blue jean shorts. Champ has short, curly black hair, glasses, and dark skin. Champ has a black shoulder strap bag that always hangs low on his waist. He occaisionally switches shoulders.

Personality: Very complex. At first, he appears cool and level-headed. But Champ is a very cold person and is cruel to others when they bother him a bit. He accepts the fact that he's a big jerk, but doesn't do anything about it. Working with others is one thing that he absolutely cannot do. He doesn't mind if he has friends or not, even though people follow him anyway. Champ is pessimistic and looks at most things differently. But so, even though he is mean to people, he treasures his friends. He is afraid of failing. Champ is pretty smart, and is useful to have around in tough situations.

History: He's pretty much been living a normal life. He wants a Pokémon of his own, goes to school, gets average grades, and now, he wants to defeat others to become strong. After doing this, he will continue to seek out Team Rocket, to learn of what they are doing.

Starter: Vulpix (Female)

Champ had found Vulpix wandering off on its own, and decided to check it out. The Vulpix had apparently run away, and sought a friend in Champ. The Vulpix continues to follow Champ around, although it isn't really Champ's Pokémon yet, just like most of Champ's "friends". Vulpix is loyal, yet for a Fire type, it has a cold heart as well as Champ's.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2008
    Character Name: Sora

Birth Date: 30th of May

Apperance: Sora is about average height for a 15 year old and has dark, wavy brown hair that is about 30cm past shoulder length. She often wears a bow at the back of her hair. She wears a jade coloured scarf most of the time. Her clothes consist of a short dark purple skirt and a white singlet top.

Personality: Sora usually maintains a calm and collected nature, usually standing back and observing what's going on rather than jumping straight into a situation. She is quite proud, and though appears to take things with an indifferent smile can actually be deeply hurt. She does tend to keep her emotion locked away until they build to high levels though, which can cause her to be extreme at almost random times.

History: Sora grew up in what could be described as a normal family. She is an only child, but her parents are usually quite busy. She has been attending school up until now, and now that it has finished, she can't wait to make a break from her regular routine.

Pokemon Starter: Meowth, a stray that had been loitering around the Professor's Lab stealing scraps. The Professor eventually took it in and tamed it enough to give away as a first Pokémon.

I'll do a trainer card very soon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2008
    Character Name: Fred
    Birth Date: January 22.

Appearance: He is about average hight for his age. Wears blue jeans, a blue shirt, and a straw hat.

Personality: When theres a job to be done Fred will be sure as to do it, but... He'll take sweat time doing it. With out a pokemon by his side Fred tends to become very lazy.

History: Original living in Celadon City, Fred was sent to live with his father near Pallet town. While there Fred hears that a local prof. (Prof. Oak ) is giving trainer's their starter pokemon, He goes to him in hope of getting his life long favorite pokemon, Eevee.

Pokemon Starter:Eevee, female. The eevee had lived in the lad since it was an egg but never truly liked to stay put. She often trys to wounder off but never makes it past the tall grass.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    Character Name: Bobby Baker
    Birth Date: November 3

Appearance: Bobby is about 5ft 5in with black messy hair and dark brown eyes. Wears a brown unzipped jacket with a tan shirt underneath. Blue pants and blue shoes. Tan skin tone.

Personality: Bobby is a happy go lucky person to the point of being care free. Care's very much for his Pokemon Machop, and very sarcastic. Anger's when someone has done wrong, he tends to be rude when he's like this.

History: Lived in a cabin near Rock Tunnel where he saved a young Machop from a landslide. His dad got transferred to Pallet to make homes. Bobby hopes to go on an adventure with Machop.

Pokemon Starter: Machop (Male)
    Bobby saved a young Machop rom a landslide. It has remained by his side eversince. It is very brave to the point of challenging people to usless battles.

Neo_Pikachu

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2010
    I'll tryout for this RP considering I love to Roleplay... Also, during the rp are we able to catch the starters too? For example, my character will start with one Pokemon and end up catching a Bulbasaur or Squirtle in the wild. Will this be more like the games or the actual anime? To tell you the truth... I prefer Anime.

Character Name: DJ

Birth Date: June 13, 1994

Appearance: {The Guy you play as on Pokemon Emerald}

Personality: DJ is a very special person with a unique personality. DJ is handsome, an exceptionally good Trainer, very intelligent, persistent, courageous, persistent, and enthusiastic. DJ loves Pokemon and likes to make friends. One of his favorite things to do is Battle. If you challenge him, he will accept without hesitation.

History: Devan loves journeying as a Pokemon Trainer. His dream is to become the world's greatest Pokemon Master. Not to mention he youngest. He has a lot of potential too considering he knows almost everything about Pokemon. He knows alot about Pokemon because he is the cousin of Gary Oak. He and Gary learned many things from Prof. Oak. Nonetheless, DJ actually went out in the wild with Prof. Oak to do research on Pokemon. Unlike most beginning trainer's he is prepared. Nevertheless, everything can't go the way you want it. DJ will learn this as Prof. Oak gives him his very first Pokemon!

Pokemon Starter: Charmander {You would think my starter Pokemon would be Pikachu, but Charmander will be my starter Pokemon. However, I expect DJ to catch a Pikachu in the wild, immediately after.}

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I am new to Roleplaying so bear with me. I'll learn on the way.

Character Name- Gold
    Gender- Male
    Age- 12
    Birthday- May 14, 1996
    Appearance- The person you play as on the Gold/Silver version

Personality- Gold is young, energetic boy who seeks adventure. He is very competitive, living in a family with eight siblings, but would love nothing more than to get out into the world and make some friends and beat some challenges. He is an extremely brave, and sometimes goofy, boy who will say no to nothing, especially a challenge.

History- Gold and his eight siblings were born in Johto, but moved to the edge of Pallet Town because of a job his father got. Gold was born with a love of pokemon but was always to young to go on his own pokemon journey while some of his older brothers and sisters did. One day, jealousy took over him and he stole one of his father's poke' balls and stormed off into the wild to capture his own pokemon. He eventually stumbled into a small pikachu and managed to catch it with his single poke' ball. When he returned home his mother was a little shocked, but his father only laughed and said that the love of pokemon was in his veins. He didn't know that he was being watched by an expert while he trained with his pikachu. He was impressed by his skills and gave him an incredible challenge that Gold could not possibly look over.

Starter Pokemon- Pikachu - The proffesor just let him go on a journey with the pikachu he caught a while ago.

Last edited:

killer-g

S to the o
    Years
    Character Name: Serginho

Birth Date: 15 june 1995

Apperance: He is brown colored, has brown eyes, is a little chubby, has a semi-afro, black hair, has a
    blue polo with red stripes trough it, has some blue jeans and has some sneakers also he is 5 ft 5

Personality: He is quite intelligent but hates it when someone is a bit smarter, he is kindhearted and always laughes he would never abondom a pokemon and with threat the pokemons with respect.

History: when ser (serginho but made shorter) their parents were about to divorce but when they saw
    Ser they didn't wan't to leave their child behind.But 2 years later they eventually got divorced and the dad got costudy. Ser grew up and they moved to another town with a pokemon lab.
    Ser swore that he would get a pokemon there when he grew up. He also wanted to travel with that certain pokemon and visit his mother and get friends. His father was a trainer and was never at home he had the oldest pokedex and knew most of the pokemons in the world and all this knowledge he passed over to Ser. He gave Ser his pokedex and gave him 5 empty pokeballs he said to Ser that he would have to ask the prof to
    upgrade the pokedex. Know Ser was all set to go on his journey

Pokemon Starter: squirtle, Ser always liked the tought of having a squirtle male or female it wouldn't matter this squirtle is female though

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Eh, decided to use someone better.

Name: Christopher Evans
    Birth date: 23rd February, 1993
    Appearance: Chris has messy black hair, and sometimes he puts a cap over it. His skin is slightly tan, from being in the sun. He wears a slightly tan hoodie that is a couple sizes too big for him. His pants are long and black with some tears in them, but no matter what he wears, you will always see a chain hanging out. Chris also has a fake pair of glasses on. (Given to him by his dead brother.)

Personality: To strangers, Chris is an impatient man whom is susceptible to anger fits . To family, he is more loyal to, despite his impatience, Even to pokemon he is impatient, but can be a good person if you look past his impatience.

History: Christopher was born in Pallet Town on February 23rd, 1993. But there were complications with his birth. It turns out that Chris was born with a fatal blood infection. So Chris had to stay at the hospital for nine days, until a blood transfusion was performed, after that, his parents were finally able to take him home.

When Christopher turned five, he gained a fierce rivalry with his nine year old brother Fredrick. But obviously Chris couldn't beat him because he was too young. When Chris turned seven, the brothers rivalry grew because Fred went out and became a successful trainer, having caught at least 100 pokemon in only 1 month, so Chris decided go on a pokemon journey when he was the right age.

Two years later, when Fredrick came home, he decided to take Chris to the Orange Islands with him, after hearing about that, Chris was ecstatic, he always wanted to see Fred in action. But two days before the brothers were to go to the Orange Islands, a squad of Team Rocket grunts attacked and killed Fredrick, and his final words were." You won't get away with this, when I fall another, and stronger person will rise and take you down."

After hearing of his brothers death, Christopher started getting mad at every little thing, it got so bad that he had to be pulled out of school for a few weeks. Eventually Chris's temper subsided when he found his brothers journal, explaining everything about his journey, even the events that happened with Team Rocket, and ever since that day, he wanted to take out Team Rocket to avenge his dead brother.

Pokemon Starter: Dratini (Chris's mom gave him a Dratini to be his starter Pokemon.)

Last edited:
    Back