• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The 'Pokemon Following You' Discussion Thread

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Lol, I can't wait to get a Shedinja in that game so I can have it stand so it's between me and some random guy, then turn and talk to the Shedinja so its back is facing that guy. Lol, soul stealage!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Wow, that's awesome~
    I'd love it to have any pokemon follow me around. ^^ If they'd allow Sinnoh poke's I would totally have a Weavile follow me around~

Seeing as it was stated that all 493 Pokémon have the ability to follow us, then yes Pokémon ranging from the Kanto, to Johto, to Hoenn, and to Sinnoh will all be able to tag along behind/beside you.

It'll be fun to see sometimes actually, because there are moments when you may run that your Pokémon may be quickly jotting right behind you to keep up. Noticing his or her little OW sprite vibrating their little legs, flopping bodies or wings behind us like how it was done in Amity Square for some Pokémon will be so cute yet funny to witness. I'd actually like to have Electivire to come along me as well seeing as it is a personal favorite next to what I listed before, Houndoom.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I cant wait to have my Rosreade & Rattata following me.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    This is awesome. Just awesome. I can finally have Ninetales with me again...XD Or Absol. That pokemon is just AMAZING. :D But I wonder how that would work, the water pokemon trying to follow you on land, as well as land pokemon trying to follow you on water? I'm sure Rock and Ground types would find it impossible...And what about the bike? I don't think a Magikarp could follow you when you're speeding along on a bicycle. Although I'm sure it would be hilariously funny. :P

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    i would have my black charizard me

Do think tat it would stil be shiny behindme or just be red

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So it's official that it's any of them? 8D

Awesome!

I remember talking to someone about having Wailord follow you, and it would seem impossible. XD Too bad that they could void that, since it's not in Johto. Still, Wailord aside, I'm happy that it's any Pokemon. ; ; The 'Cute' restriction that they have now always annoys me.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    i would have my black charizard me

Do think tat it would stil be shiny behindme or just be red

Currently is it unknown if a Pokémon's OW sprite will appear a shiny if it is so. However, the Pikachu-Colored Pichu was shown a different color from the normal Pichu in previous scans about this event. So, this could possibly mean that the shiny sprites of a Pokémon may be visible, but then it may not. We will basically have to wait to recieve more information about this.

Nevertheless though, seeing as though any Pokémon can follow and if they do happen to allow visibility of a shiny OW sprite, then I'd like to have the Red Gyarados following me around for some time. I think that'll be a cool sight to see most definitely.

I wonder how big Wailord will be.

More than likely Wailord will remain in one tile. Though, it'll still be portrayed as a large Pokémon seeing how well the did it with Steelix. If you reference back to FireRed and LeafGreen you should remember the Snorlax OW sprite that was blocking the way. Well, seeing as this is a fairly large Pokémon and they situated it just right, I think Wailord may be taken well care of for its appearance when it comes time to following you.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    i knw if ucan stil catch ta red guaradous in ta remakes at ta lake of rage like u can in ta old ones i wil also have it folow me.

Peccadillo

p h a n t o m
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    I imagine that the Pokemon would behave similarly to those in the Dungeon series. After all, it is a Pokemon game; it already defies physics, so a Magikarp out of water or miniature Snorlax would not bother me, hehe.

Shiny Celebi (PMD2) and shiny Pichu (event) appear, so I do hope that all shiny pokemon overworld sprites are implemented. It would be fabulous to run around with a shiny. Either way, I'd love having Clefable or Mawile follow me.

Years
    Now I really have to decide carefully what my party will be, seeing as how any can follow. My level 90 Dragonite would be so awesome to see in this game. (Hopefully it will be level 100 by then. XD)It would be funny to see a Magikarp flopping up and down behind you. lol ^_^ I'm so glad Nintendo/GameFreak made it for the DS instead of the GBA. Johto seems to be getting very good treatment in this game from what we know already. :)

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Imagine Ariados following behind you! Or Wormadam! ^.^

*~Pikachu~*

Pikachu!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu PIKACHU Is going to be following me! <3 Sorry I just love PIKACHU! :3

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu PIKACHU Is going to be following me! <3 Sorry I just love PIKACHU! :3
    Ash Wannabe... Im sure a lot of people are going to do that.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh.

Oh gosh.

I think I'd cry tears of joy if I could have Arcanine follow me. ; ;

I'll now officially hope that you can eventually get Kanto Pokemon in these games. Or just trade them over from DPP. Either way, Arcanine must be had! I'd have it following me like.. the whole time. Also, having any of the Eeveelutions following me would be cute. :3

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Drapion Following, Darkrai, Shaymin, Rotom, Dustox, Spinarak, Jynx, Gardevior, Roselia! All amazing. I will have to have them all at some point.

Back