• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon League (battle only RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
  • OK here is an one for people who just like to battle in there RPG's

basically it is the pokemon league, and youy character is competing in it, there is little general story, mainly just good old fashioned RP battleing with other people!

the way it will work is, I will be playing the part of a trainer in the league, and the part of an announcer, when we start, you will be able to introduce your character to others etc, when ready, I will make an nnouncemet of who is battleing who, and which 2 will go first, then you will have RP battles against eachother, its that simple. however there are a few catches.
    like in the 1st 3 battles anyone has, they will be played on certain kind of fields, Fire water and grass, and you will only be able to use pokemon of the same type as the field you are on, just like ash in the 1st pokemon league, and you will perform an RP battle in front of everyone who when not battling can post there feelings about the battle as the audience. then after the 3 rounds on the 3 different fields, you will be able to have your battles on normal fields with any type of pokemon you choose.

there will not be eliminations, this is just for fun battleing and will end when the final rounds are over ( I will say when the quaters, semis, finals, etc are starting.)

then just for fun, at the end I will post 3 winners who I will choose on how good there battling RP posts have been.

Note: this is not a competition, it is merely for fun batteing, practising you battling RP and showing off your talents!, the 3 winners thing is merely for a bit of fun and to let those 3 people be proud of themselves and strive the others to do better in the future.

also all legendary pokemon are banned, and I think thats it so lets get the form out, oh and there are not a limited amounts of places for this as it is the pokemon league and a lot of peole is a good thing, but if i feel there are too many people i will cut some but that is unlikely, so I will also add in an example RP bit into the form.

name:
    Bio: ( not neccecary to fill in as there is little stroy, but you can fill this i if you want

Normal team: ( doesnt mean normal pokemon, means the team you use when you arent on a specific field)
    grass team: (4) Pokemon
    Fire team: (4)
    water team: (4)

Note: you may have pokemon in your grass/fire/water team that are not in your normal team.

Example RPG: ( I usually set a scene for you to play by here, but this once you can do anything ecept a battle with another person as we will already have enough of that when the RPG starts.

so, hoipefully, let sign ups begin
    ill post my info when ive got me sprite sorted out.

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
  • name devon
    age 12
    gender male
    normal meganium ditto gyrados machamp charazard dragonite
    grass venasuar meganium sceptile butterfree
    fire charizard typhlosion blaziken magmar
    water blastoise feraligator swampert starme
    example i was runing when i saw a hariyama it had hit me with a whirlwind. then i sent out peliper. i ordered it to use ice beam.hariyama was frozen I WON!...or so i thought he broke out and grabbed me and ran off with me i was sleeping for ahwile i woke up in team magma's lair they were turning...me to a...pokemorph but my peliper flew in and grabbed me... i was FREE!

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Name: Rian Ganymede
    Bio: Though a wanderer, Rian usually trains in isolation in the mountains. Cold-natured and strategizing, Rian detests incompetence, naivety, and arrogance. However, he is usually calm and able to retain his composure. Though he prefers isolation, Rian also enjoys a challenging battle--hence his entering the Pokemon League Competition.
    Normal team: Flygon, Dragonair, Glalie, Skarmory, Absol, Jolteon
    Grass team: Bulbasaur, Tropius, Shiftry, Roselia
    Fire team: Houndoom, Flareon, Rapidash, Charizard
    Water team: Gorebyss, Vaporeon, Lanturn, Whiscash

Note: you may have pokemon in your grass/fire/water team that are not in your normal team.

Example RPG:

Rian sat quietly on the limb of a large tree, staring silently into the golden sunset. A faint, warm breeze passed over his features as his amber eyes reflected the light of yellow sky. Resting on the branch above him, Flygon flicked its tail lazily as it turned its crimson gaze toward its trainer. Sensing his Pokemon's movement, Rian glanced upward. Smiling softly, Rian questioned, "Hey, Flygon . . . do you think we stand a chance?"

The dragon purred.

The trainer laughed slightly. "Yeah, you're right." He closed his eyes, leaning against the tree's sturdy trunk. "Get some rest. Tomorrow we arrive at the League."

Yami's Girl

PC's unofficial Yami lover^^
    Years
  • name:Emily
    Bio:Born into a family of breeders, Emily spends her free time playing with her pokemon and studing breeding.
    Normal team:Charizard[Flare],Vaporeon[Hydro],Houndoom[Darkness],Salamance,Dragonite,Tyranitar[Rage]
    Grass team:Venesaur,Tropius,Victorbell,Meganium
    Fire team:Charizard[Flare],Houndoom[Darkness],Rapidash, Arcanine
    Water team:Vaporeon[Hydro],Politoad,Dewgong,Kingdra

Example RPG:
    I sat on a stone bench outside a lush forest.Hydro, my Vaporeon materialized from it. "Been busy?" I asked. She stuck up her nose and sat on the bench beside me. She sat like a queen. I rolled my eyes. Hydro saw this and gave me a Hydro Pump, knocking me off the bench. "Crabby ,today?" She snorted and jumped off the bench. A trainer came up to me. He was wearing a fire printed bandana and tie die shirt. As for his pants, they were beat up. "Wanna battle?" He asked. Hydro looked at me hopeful. "Sure. A warm-up never hurt anyone."
    Hydro stood at the ready and the trainer grabbed his pokeball. "Go! Swellow!" A Swellow, with black wingtips, appeared infront of him. "Hydro Pump!" Hydro jumped and released a jet of water towards Swellow. "Dodge!" Swellow flew in the air. "Again!" I shouted. Hydro used Hydro Pump on the ground to propel herself and once close enough in the air to Swellow, released another Hydro Pump. With a start Swellow was caught off-guard and hit. Hydro landed as did Swellow, only on his back. Swellow quickly recovered as his trainer shouted:"Drill Peck!" My eyebrows raised. Hydro just stood there.
    I thought madly. Swellow was powering up its attack. Think! Then it hit me. Swellow was now charging towards Hydro. "Use Aurora Beam!" A rainbow ball appeared in Hydro's mouth. It got bigger and bigger. Swellow was almost on top of her. "Now!" The rainbow ball turned into a beam and hit Swellow directly on his stomach. Swellow flew back into his trainer.
    "Your good," said the boy. "But I'll be back!" Hydro snorted. "Nice Job, Hydro."

Last edited:

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • name: Al Duit
    Bio: ( not neccecary to fill in as there is little stroy, but you can fill this i if you want

Normal team: Venusaur, Blaziken, Walrein, Claydoll, Beautifly, Manetric
    grass team: Venusaur, Breloom, Sunflora, Grovyle
    Fire team: Blaziken, Charizard, Macargo, Vulpix
    water team: Walrein, Pelipper, Swampert, Azumarill

Sample RP: Alexandra Duit, or Al, as she likes to be called woke suddenly to the sound of a dodrio squawking. In one smooth move, she rolls over and jumps out of bed while hitting the button on top of her alarm clock. She quickly makes her bed, pulls on her running shoes, runs into the bathroom to freshen up and skips down the stairs. Having worn the clothes she wanted to wear today to bed, she didn't need to get dressed.

As she pulls on her backpack that was sitting next to the front door, her mom calls out, "Alexandra, you're not leaving without having something to eat!"

"Aw, mom! I'm too excited to eat!" This was the day she was to get her starter pokemon from Professor Oak. She wanted to get there first because she was afraid someone else would get the bulbasaur. She want bulbasaur so badly because it fit in with her favorite hobby (besides pokemon), gardening.

"You'll need your nourishment," her mom insisted.

Al's shoulders slumped as she dragged her feet into the kitchen and plopped down into a chair at the table. "You're gonna make me late you know," she said sullenly.

Her mom laughed as she replied, "It's 5 AM, Al, I doubt the professor is even awake yet!"

Last edited:

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • pokedude55 said:
    name devon
    age 12
    gender male
    normal peliper wailord blaziken machamp charazard kingler
    grass team charazard blaziken magmar typhlosion
    fire wailord peliper feraligator swampert
    water raichu minun plusle manectric
    example i was runing when i saw a hariyama it had hit me with a whirlwind. then i sent out peliper. i ordered it to use ice beam.hariyama was frozen I WON!
    Kotenga is in, al duit, you forgot your eample RP and pokedude, you cant have charizard in your grass tem, the team has to be all grass types and the fire has to be all fire etc
    plu sim afraid you will have to try harder with the example RP, ill set a scene for you if it mkes it easier, do one where you are a new trainer just about to get your first pokemon, make sure to metion you nervousness and antisipation etc.

pywinpan, thats cool, just dont forget to post one.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • Baker's Bulbasaur said:
    Kotenga is in, al duit, you forgot your eample RP and pokedude, you cant have charizard in your grass tem, the team has to be all grass types and the fire has to be all fire etc
    plu sim afraid you will have to try harder with the example RP, ill set a scene for you if it mkes it easier, do one where you are a new trainer just about to get your first pokemon, make sure to metion you nervousness and antisipation etc.

OOC: Oops! Sorry about that. It's corrected...I edited my post. You said not a battle, so how's that?

obelisk-kun

Years

edited thank you

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • no problem mate, nice RP aswell, your in

and pokedude, you will have to try again with the example RP, it doesnt seem long enough or even capture my attention, try to be a bit more creative and then ill see if you are accepted.

obelisk-kun

Years
    no problem mate, nice RP aswell, your in

and pokedude, you will have to try again with the example RP, it doesnt seem long enough or even capture my attention, try to be a bit more creative and then ill see if you are accepted.
    edited

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • LOL

a bit too convenient of circumstanses! but defenitely an improvement, I would also work on grammer and spelling, but youll get it soon enough, as for this time, your in.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • exactly how many more do you need? I could PM some of the other people I RP w/ and encourage them to look at this thread. BTW, you could use the edit button @ the bottom of your post so you don't have to double post.

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    Since you join my RP, I'll join yours!

Name: Vanessa
    Appearence: here (thank Gilbertman)
    Bio: A Trainer from Hoenn, Vanessa has decided to compete in the Pok?mon League. She has has a lot of Pok?mon and hopes to use them in the Battle Frontier, which she plans on going to after this.
    Normal Team: Swampert, Houndoom, Sunflora, Manectric, Salamence, Metagross
    Grass Team: Sunflora, Jumpluff, Vileplume, Breloom
    Fire Team: Houndoom, Magcargo, Camerupt, Torkoal
    Water Team: Swampert, Kingdra, Cloyster, Starmie

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • well now that sunflorazumarill has joined I would say we need AT LEAST 2 more to jojn, then we could start. and I know I could have pressed edit, but that doesnt count as a post so it wouldnt hve come back monto the front page, anbd I wanted it there for people to see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back