• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeScorcher13

I'm A Skating God!
    Years
    Ty walked out of his cabin,

"Hmm, I'm still hungry." Suddenly, fireworks bursted in the air. Small sparks fell to the earth,

"Hey, the celebration must be starting." Ty said. He walked back into his cabin,

"Hey guys guess what?" Ty asked his pokemon who were watching Tv.

<Hmm, let me guess. You finally spelled your name right?> Lax said.

<Now that's mean.> Gyara said from her pokeball.

"No Lax! The celebration's started!" Ty said.

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    CK wandered around aimlessly, with Rat trailing behind, as they searched for a cabin which they would be staying in. There were lots of trainers, and even more Pokemon, so it was going to be difficult. They walked until the end of the row to find an empty one. CK tossed her bag on the bottom bunk and pulled all of her Pokeballs off her belt.

'Alright, come out everyone!' she threw them all up in the air, releasing the other members of her party:Cynder, Lily, Psi, Tike and Balos. Cynder opened his brick red eyes, looked up at CK and smiled. Psi, being a cheeky fella, Teleported up onto CK's right shoulder. Rat remained by CK's left foot while the other three just stood there by themselves. They didn't get along with each other or any of the others.

CK sighed, looked at the time and said, 'OK, let's get going. There's a festival that's taking place soon, so lets go have some fun!' Three of the Pokemon sounded enthusiastic, the other three didn't particularly care but still followed nevertheless. As a trainer's Pokemon they knew it was their responsibility to stay with and protect the trainer at all times.After ten minutes of walking they made it down to the main street, where the festival was being held.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    OOC: Well I have a roommate finally. Oh Toom I will fight an NPC if you want

IC:

Another trainer called Andrew entered the cabin. He said there was a festival in the city. So Cain took a shower and released all my pokemon and fed them. He took out his pokenav and left 15 before the festival started. Andrew stayed behind. He could tell he was going to be late. So Cain ran all the way towards the festival and made it 5 minutes early. Just when the festival was about to begin Andrew appeared out of no where. Cain was very surprised. But then I figured he must have teleported with a psychic pokemon.

So Cain stood right in front of all the festivities and he noticed a few people making it just in time

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Parade? Sounds fun, but I'm not sure I have enough money to really enjoy the festival. Still, I could always make some..." Travis pondered.

<Travis-kun! HAY-ELP!> a familiar red-and-white Pokemon yelled, bursting through the door.

"What is it?" His trainer asked, slightly puzzled.

<I'm being chased by Alice! Again!>

"I swear, you two need to get some counseling, Ryota-kun. Well, let's take care of that, then we'll hit the parade." his trainer laughed. He turned. "Yo, Miles-san, let's hit the parade after this, Ok? It'll be fun!"

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    OOC: Jeez, you guys post a lot. IC on the way. Toomi, I'll fight an NPC as well.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years

Xtian headed towards one of the cabins farther away from everyone elses. His Ralts who sat peacefully on his head asked, < Master, do you plan on attending tonights festivities? >

As Xtian walked into the room he could tell it was empty, reaching for the light he replied to his pokemon. "I dont know yet. I just want to get inside and rest for a little bit. Why did you want to go?" Xtian asked his pokemon with a smile. His pokemon shook his head and teleported to the top bunk located in the corner of the room.

< Cozy > Ralts sighed. < Xtian, do you think we need to train more? > His pokemon asked him softly. Xtian laid his bags at the end of the bed then turned to his pokemon, smiled and replied. "No Ralts, we will not need anymore. You are skilled enough. People are going to underestimate you because your still in your original form. But we know how long and hard you have been training. You will do great." Xtian replied with a smile.

Laying down of the bottom bunk Xtian thought about the oncoming days. How long will the tournament last? How tough are the trainers? Who will he face first. Questions flooded through his head. "Hey Ralts, there is alot of excitement around town and we wont find many places to relax. I spotted a hot spring on our way up, opposite side of the town. Would you like to go?" Xtian asked. His pokemon nodded and hopped on his trainers head as they headed out of the room.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2007
    Seth walked on the lush grass of the trainer quarters, scanning the cabins of the trainers. He was desperately looking for his assigned cabin,

<Hey Seth, hurry up and found the cabin. I'm hungry.> Meganium said. Seth looked down at the grass pokemon,

"Don't worry we'll find it." Seth's eyes widened,

"There it is! Cabin 09!" Seth slammed open the wooden door. He find a single bed hunched in a corner, which he threw his bag on.

"Alright, come on out guys." Seth released his pokemon. They looked around at their new living arrangements,

<This seems nice.> Flygon said, this pokemon was oddly small for his species.

"Well here's some snacks." Seth said draggin gout a sandwhich and some chips for his pokemon. He munched on some rice balls with sauce,

"Hey, there's a celebration going on later. Wanna go check it out?" Seth asked his pokemon, they all agreed while devouring their food.

"So its agreed!" A few minutes later Seth had finished taking a shower and took his pokemon down to the town...

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    @Simmons_2.0: Good to see more improvement but I'm sorry, your RP Sample still appears to lack some structure. I feel bad for asking you again but if you want to participate, you're going to have to write up another sample, or improve the structure of your first one. Everything else is alright so now you're PENDING.

OOC: Okay, just an update (I'll post again later tonight, things are moving a bit slow, which is my fault :P). Art_Critic_Cubone, Grim, and YoshiRiRu, I thank you all for volunteering to post a NPC battle for the tournament. That's about all we'll need before we get things started. Grim and YoshiRiRu, you can make your own NPC characters and Pokemon up but you must send me their details (PM, e-mail, etc.) before the tournament begins. Art_Critic_Cubone, if you haven't noticed yet, your battle will be a little different, but I'll check up with you later as well. For now, everyone else, I'm very sorry but just hold on a little longer and try to enjoy the island for now (lol :nervous:). If not then just wait until I finish up mine. Also, if anyone's a little confused to who's actually in the RP (mainly me), the list of people participating will be listed below for convenient purposes (mainly for me again :P).

Character List: Tychi Sugimori (PokeScorcher13), Artemis Consel (YoshiRiRu), Seth (Grass_Master4), Nathaniel Winterfield (Deathspector), Cain Ritham (Grim), Chris Breta (Bluefox06), Travis Albright (Art_Critic_Cubone), CK Pyraine (Cheeky Typhlosion), Andrew McGow Pali (weavile3), Xtian Lyke (Hyuuga Neji), Misha "Mi-chan" Wasuremono (Mikuru-chan).

NPC Battles: Art_Critic_Cubone, Grim, YoshiRiRu.

Last edited:

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    Arriving at the hot springs, Xtian released his pokemon. All but Arcanine and Sizor soaked in the hot springs. "Hey guys, relax. We will try our hardest in the tournament and go as far as we can. If I get 100% from you guys then I will be happy even if were eliminated first round! You guys have nothing to worry about!" Xtian told his pokemon trying to relax them.

< Master, what happens if one of us gets hurt? > Espeon asked softly. < I would hate to see that happen. > Espeon asked splashing water up on Arcanine who growled back at her.

"Its a risk of battling. It always is. If you dont want to participate," Xtian grinned as he leaned back. "I could always swap you out for someone else." Xtian looked at his pokemon with a grin.

< No! I mean no Master. I want to participate! Please to swap me out! I will do my best! > Espeon replied almost whimpering.

"Dont worry, I chose this team for a reason." Xtian looked around at his pokemon. "Besides, I already registered you. I couldn't change you for someone else anyway!" He spoke patting his head.

Xtian slowly lifted himself from the springs, returned to the dressing room and dressed swiftly. His pokemon sat outside the door waiting for him to return. As he exited the room he glanced sharply behind him as there was rustling in the bushes. "Wonder what that was," Xtian spoke softy. "Ralts use psychic to see what that was." He spoke even softer.

The pokemon nodded and his eyes started to glow brightly. < Xtian, it was only a Caterpie. > His pokemon replied almost laughing. < Are you ready to go back? > His pokemon asked. He returned all pokemon back to their respective pokeballs and then nodded. Ralts floated to his trainers head and used teleport, returning them to the cabin.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    OOC: This is a pretty useless post. I just wrote it to speed things up, and also to introduce my Pokemon ^^. Anyway, I've done what appears to be the tournament ladder, but I've yet to get confirmation on the NPC characters for Grim and YoshiRiRu, so just continue posting about your night's adventures or lack of.

IC: "Okay, I might see you down there," Miles replied, as he finished unpacking and headed for the door, "if not, I'll see you either tonight or tomorrow morning." With a final wave and a smile, Miles leapt off the cabin's front steps and onto the grass covering the clearing. Looking around, he saw a number of other trainers and Pokemon heading down towards the town to enjoy the festival.
    I should let the group out for some fresh air too, the tournament starts tomorrow, and besides, I could be up first… Miles thought, searching his pockets before drawing out six round Pokeballs. Hmm, maybe I should wait until I get to the lake, let might get a little uncomfortable on land… Seeing the last of the trainers depart, Miles made his way back across the clearing and down to the beach that sat one hundred metres away from the other trainers' cabins. He hoped that his Pokemon would find their new surroundings a little more comfortable than that of the trainer cabins and downtown.

Miles reached the break between the island's fields and the ocean's beach. He soon found a small embankment against the sand and summoned his six partners. Dragonair quickly stretched and heaved a long silent yawn before curling in her place and closing her eyes. Clamperl battered her shell against a number of awkwardly surfaced shells and branches, as she slid down the moist sand and into shallow water before also closing her eyes to rest. Upon being called, Cloyster quickly fastened himself into the ground beside Miles and started spinning his cannon spine atop his shell. Miles looked exasperated at the shell Pokemon before heaving a sigh and falling back onto the soft ground. Misdreavus and Duskull then appeared above him after being released from their containers. His final partner and largest Pokemon, sat several meters behind his Clamperl in the deeper areas of the ocean, spouting an isle of water above his head. Wailord was one of Miles' more adapted Pokemon and behaved accordingly to his wishes.
    "Well, I thought you'd guys be happy getting out of those Pokeballs, but looks like most of you just want to sleep…" Miles began looking around at his party, eyeing his Dragonair and Clamperl especially. The two appeared unfazed by their trainer's words and continued snoozing. Misdreavus and Duskull however were quite busily taunting one another and vanishing before one another eyes and eye. Miles smiled as he watched over his group in the night's moonlight. Seeing their calm and cheerful expressions made him happy and he could finally relax after a hard day's work.

Miles awoke with a sudden shudder. He had fallen asleep on the beach, right out in the open without realising. He quickly regained his senses and looked around for his following party.
    Sitting beside him was Cloyster, who was now sleeping inside of his shell. Dragonair had moved from her previous position and now lay atop of his sleeping Wailord who was also snuggled up behind his sleeping Clamperl. Misdrevaus and Duskull also appeared to have worn one another out and hovered, heads resting against one another's, in the air beside him.
    Miles heaved a sigh of relief and retrieved his Pokeballs from his pocket. Returning the group to their rightful containers, Miles picked himself up, brushed himself off, and began to make his way back to the cabin.

It was still night but the moon had moved considerably across the sky since he had first fallen asleep. Miles felt a strange sense of guilt as he contemplated his recent spree out to the beach. He had fallen asleep in the middle of the night and out in the open where anyone could have approached him and his Pokemon. The thought made him shudder, but he was glad he had woken up when he did. For now, he was content in just making it back to the cabin and going to sleep in a soft bed.

Miles stumbled in the dark as he made his way through his and Travis' cabin. He was unsure whether Travis had returned yet or whether he was already sleeping in bed at that very moment, so he took extra caution not to turn on any lights and make any noise. Creeping onto what felt like the mattress of one of the two beds in the cabin, Miles quickly made himself comfortable and fell asleep, thinking nothing of his recent rendezvous at night or his day at work. The only thought that he had before drifting off, was that of the tournament. Tomorrow was the big day.

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
    OOC: I agree with Yoshi. You lot post so much so quickly that its a surprise that you can keep track of what's happening. I take my hat off to you, Toomi, and then put it back on my head. After all, I can't Roleplay without the Roleplay hat, now, can I? Also, Mikuru-chan, we've sort of Roleplayed together in Bijou's One Piece Roleplay, so I was wondering if you would mind bunking in the same room as me. It's not necessary, but it'd be nice to bunk with someone I've had Roleplaying experience with...

IC:

Sky Island...

Nathaniel had been dreaming about this place ever since that golden and white invitation was slipped into his post-box. But when the ship had stopped at the port, and they had stepped out to meet that rather nice helper, he had been sorely disappointed. He had imagined a small island, close to nature where they were forced to live in tents. He would have enjoyed that immensely. Instead, he found a sprawling city that reminded him horribly of the Indigo Plateau in Kanto that he had gone to once to watch a tournament very much like the one he was about to participate in right here. But if the cost of showing the world that friendship with a Pokémon is the most important thing was giving up what he would have thought to be luxuries of a special kind, then he would put up with it.

He was led to a large room by the guide. As he studied the guide, it was easy to see that he resented his job. Perhaps this was not what he was paid for. But then Nathaniel realised how young he looked, and made the connection that maybe he was also taking part in the National League. Obviously, helping your opposition was not very high on his to-do list, but would probably lose his job if he didn't. Nathaniel liked people who did what they had to, even if it was not what they wanted. Nathaniel revered people like that, and wanted to be like them. As the guide explained the various facilities on Sky Island, Nathaniel's mind began to wander. Facilities were much the same everywhere. There would be a place where he could buy supplies for his Pokémon. Places where he could heal and take care of his Pokémon. and then places where he, himself could relax.

Nathaniel looked around him. He could see outside through several large windows. He saw a large area of lush green grass, before a cemented area where, evidently, a parade was being organized. After the cemented area, there was a broad beach with many sunbathers, before the ocean. His heart leapt at the sight of the ocean, feeling most happy. There was something about the never ending mass of the ocean that intrigued him so. Something about the waves that rose and fell rhythmically, yet randomly, that made the ocean so magical. He felt that it held uncounted secrets, and the very secret of life would be revealed if he could only discover those secrets. He would be famous, and more importantly, he would once again have promoted the friendship with his Pokémon.

Lost in his fantasies of the sea, Nathaniel was jerked back into reality when he was shunted aside while a trainer in a hurry went into a room, as if it would disappear if his eyes left those mahogany doors. Nathaniel, dragging his suitcase, made his way to the room the furthest from him. This allowed him to observe the other trainers without being asked why he wasn't going into a room. Many of them were extremely open, and were making friends in a blink of an eye. Wondering how this worked, Nathaniel opened the door, and entered a room that was rather nice. There was a bunk bed to one side of the room, with a bedside table that was, like the bed, one on top of another. Then, there was a minibar, filled with drinks and junk food items. There was door leading into a rather large kitchen. Finally, a very nice and spotlessly clean bathroom was investigated. After this inspection, Nathaniel opened his suitcase on the bottom bunk, and pulled out his book.

The rest of the afternoon was spent reading. Nathaniel's Pokémon didn't like to be confined within their poké-balls, but hated, even more, to be confined within the space of a human dwelling. Simply put, they preferred their poké-balls to the inside of any building. So, he didn't release them. The book was a newly released book called The Conspiracy of Calapsia. Nathaniel was very interested in fantasy books, and this newly released book was written by two twin seventeen-year olds. True, it had many elements like the Tolkien Trilogy, but truthfully, there were very few fantasy novels that don't have elements from Tolkien's masterpieces.

When the sun began to set, Nathaniel put his book back inside his suitcase, pulling out a blazer instead. True, it was very formal, but he liked to look formal. And if he combed his hair properly, he would look very emo. And Nathaniel was obsessed with emo music. He slipped on his blazer, tucked in his shirt, put on a tie, and brushed his hair until it shone. He then made his way outside, and down to the cemented place he had seen previously...

OOC: Just to give you an idea of what Nathaniel looks like with his suit on, here's a picture of him. Ignore the girl in front of him.

DS

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    After spending the night at the festival, Andrew telepored back to his cabin. It was nine o'clock, and Andrew didn't want to get to bed too late because the Leauge was starting the next day. But, before he went to bed he took a quick shower and brushed his teeth. He sat down on the bottom bunk and started to unpack.

He pulled out all of his clothes and put them neatly in the drawer, leaving space for Cain. Then he took out a couple of books and set them on his bedside table. He had already unpacked his bathroom applianses, and his kitchen tools.

Andrew walked into the kitchen to get a snack. He grabbed the bag of chips he opened, and ate only a couple. He then went to his bed and he lay down comfortly. He turned on the TV to see if there was any news about the Pokemon Leauge. All it said was that tickets were sold out, and it would be broadcasted on channel 40. Andrew turned off the TV, and grabbed his book.

He started reading at 9:15 and got so into the book that he fell asleep reading it at 10:30.

He woke up around seven o'clock.He quickly got a shower in, got dressed, and took a walk around the little mass of land between the cabbins and the city with his Pokemon. There was a big day ahead of him, and no one could predict it.

PokeScorcher13

I'm A Skating God!
    Years
    Ty walked back from the finished festival, a cotton candy in his hand.

"Wasn't that fun guys?" Ty asked his pokemon, Blaziken dizzy from the zipper ride. Ty recalled all of his pokemon and quickly ran from tree to tree. Withouth making sound he opened his door and jumped on his bed,

"Tomorrow! Tomorrow...Tomo..."Ty fell asleep right there, tomorrow being the Pokemon Tournament.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    OOC: Toom I PMED the NPC states and such

IC:
    The festival was big. Cain once saw a Pikachu and a Charmander dancing on rooftops. Cain went to many different games and attractions. There where so many festivities that Cain came home with a few stuffed pokemon dolls. He placed them in his bag and went back to the cabin. He released most of his pokemon like his Alakazam and blaziken. At nine Andrew came back. So Cain went straight to his bed and fell asleep. Andrew went to sleep an hour later.

At 7:00 AM He woke up. He had noticed Alakazam had slept in a meditative state while Blaziken just slept in a simple position. After returning his pokemon to their respective pokeballs he finnaly got up. Then after freshing himself up he thought to himself. Big day today. I hope my pokemon are ready

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    OOC: Okay, I got everyone's details and whatnot so I guess it's time to start the first day of the tournament. Thanks again to Grim, Art_Critic_Cubone, YoshiRiRu, and someone else for their work on arranging the NPC battles. Oh, and this is going to be a long and rushed post. Late sign-ups will not be taken from this post forward. I will post the first round match up soon. I didn't want to add that part into this post since it was already so big :S. Finally, to clear up any misunderstandings on how Pokemon battles work, here's a quick interpretation of the rule…

Pokemon Battling Rule: To control the amount of time spent in a round of Pokemon battling, there is a maximum limit of posts that can be made before a winner is decided. Since Pokemon battles are fought using three Pokemon on both sides, posts describing battles between you and your opponent will have a maximum limit of 30 posts (approximately 10 posts per knocked out Pokemon). If neither of you can come to a decision on who will win the round, I will decide for you.

IC: Miles awoke once again. It was morning but the skies were still dark and steady storm clouds could be seen approaching from the horizon. It was going to be a dark day for the beginning of what was to be a most grand event for the island and its inhabitants, the Pokemon League tournament.
    He moved away from the cabin's window and tried to adjust his thoughts for the following day's events. Beginning from five o'clock, he was back on duty and his first task was to inspect the stadium and its courts. A long list of prerequisites for the tournament followed after and Miles could only imagine when he would be able to accomplish all of his tasks. The only actual time he could spare, without having to achieve some mundane objective, was if he was unlucky enough to be chosen for one of the three starring matches during the day. Whatever the case, for the rest of the day, he would either be working or participating in his first official Pokemon League match. To top it off, the incoming weather did not look like it shared the same enthusiasm surrounding the launch of the tournament that the town's folk shared.
    Putting aside his more ominous thoughts, Miles got dressed and collected his six partners that were to aid him in his upcoming challenge during the tournament. Marking the time, Miles left the cabin, unaware of Travis' sleeping form and made his way to the stadium, where his first duties for the day awaited him.

Getting straight to work, he hesitantly began his inspection of the stadium and its facilities. The main arenas were all under their final hours of maintenance and the service stores had begun to set themselves up. Miles covered the stadium grounds until each aspect of the complex was up to date. He had spent two hours within the building's confines and was quite glad to leave after finishing his first task.
    It was seven o'clock when he departed from the stadium and begun his trek back to the trainers' cabins. There, he was to instruct the group of the following days' events and the tournament rulings and etiquette. He also decided to instruct them on the tournament's opening ceremony where the initial "lighting of the flame" would take place.
    Sighing as he ran through all the separate events following the opening ceremony in his mind, Miles suddenly realised that many of the other trainers were already awake and were also preparing for their big day. Realising this, Miles refocused his thoughts and continued with his errands. His next task was to gather the other trainers and instruct them on the official rulings for the competition.

He arrived at the clearing sporting the trainers' cabins. A number of the trainers were already outside, some relaxing, others consulting with their Pokemon. Many of them appeared excited and full of energy while a few others looked on with worried expressions. Ushering the crowd together before him, Miles finally initiated his second task after several minutes of speaking to the other trainers and Pokemon.
    "Morning all, and congratulations for all the hard work you put in to be here," he started in an optimistic tone. "Today is the beginning of the Corona Heights Pokemon League tournament, where all of you will finally involve yourselves in battles of strength, character, and skill. Before we can proceed, I've been instructed to remind you all of the official rulings for the competition. They're fairly simple and most of you should show them already.
    "The first rule states that each Pokemon Trainer is required to select three out of his or her six Pokemon for each round of the tournament. That's simple enough," he continued as his opposing trainers listened. "The second rule is that if a Pokemon during a battle is removed from the arena boundaries, that Pokemon is considered 'knocked out', regardless of whether the Pokemon can continue fighting or not. The third rules states that if a trainer enters the boundaries of the arena at any time during a battle, he or she will be immediately disqualified. The fourth rule is that once all three of a trainer's Pokemon are 'knocked out', the match ends and the opposing trainer is declared the winner."
    Finishing his last sentence, Miles regained his breath and looked over the crowd. The other trainers stood huddled together listening to his instructions in silence. Hearing no objections, he continued.
    "Okay, now that we're clear on the rules, all that's left is the opening ceremony and the initial lighting of the flame. An elected carrier for the Corona Heights' torch has just now arrived on the island and is making her way up through the town and into the stadium to light the basin. She'll reach the stadium in around ten minutes and we have to be in the stadium's centre arena before she arrives. So, everyone gather your belongings and prepare to follow me."
    Miles finished his presentation and with the other fourteen trainers, began gathering his belongings. Soon after the group had finally finished organising themselves, Miles and several other officials began to make their way to the stadium for the initial announcement of the tournament.

The fifteen trainers including Miles lined in three rows of five within the stadium's centre arena. The town's folk and other spectators filled the stands enclosing the main stage where a large basin sat atop a single platform.
    Cheers chorused through the stadium stands as each participating trainer was announced by the Corona Heights' board of directors. Several wide screen monitors surrounded the brim of the stadium's walls, each showing the different trainers that had been invited to the event. As the last member of the board finished announcing the fifteenth trainer, another chorus of cheers rose as the carrier of the torch entered the stadium.
    The carrier jogged through the group of trainers along a designated path and up to the stage where the board of directors stood. Running pass the cheering and applauding crowd, the carrier reached the basin, held the torch above her head, and then released the flame inside. The basin filled with fire rose to a magnificent height showering the stadium in a red and orange light. The lighting of the flame had commenced signalling the official start to the tournament. It had begun.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    Xtian had never felt as much excitement as he watched the fire burn brightly in the basin. This is it, moment of truth. It is time to prove that all of my training has paid off. Time to show my family back on Valencia Island that I was going to do what I promised and become one of the top trainers ever to exist! Xtian thought to himself.

< Master, are you ready for this? > Ralts asked him as he floated from his shoulder to his head.

"Oh yeah! I have been waiting for this for the longest time! Its time to show what we got! The question is, are they ready for us?" Xtian replied confidently.

I wonder who I am going to be battling first.
    The thought ran through Xtian's mind. It could be the guide, he has to be good. Everyone here has to be good to make it here. But then agian, we made it here, so that means were strong. Were some of the best in the world. Only 15 people made and we are one of them. We can do this! Xtian gave himself a little extra boost. The crowd was so big and loud. All he could do is smile and wave. He seemed to do it without even noticing.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    OOC: The first NPC round has begun. YoshiRiRu, you're up. The rest can continue to post as spectators or about other outside escapades.

IC: The fifteen trainers stood in their places as the torch was lit. The roar of the crowd echoed throughout the main arena. The board of directors had made their introductions and were now initiating the selection process for the first round of the tournament. Since three wildcard trainers had been chosen due to their similar abilities and trainer record, three exhibition matches were to be held for the first day of the competition promoting the selected trainers. The three wildcard trainers were Blue Genjineko, Roy Langdon, and Riddel Bowther. Each of the three had been invited under special consideration and was now being sorted into pairs against the original twelve trainers.
    The monitors surrounding the stadium flickered in unison as the first two names for the first round appeared. "Ladies and gentlemen, the first exhibition round for the tournament will be between wildcard Blue Genjineko, and his opponent, Artemis Consel!" the spokesman announced. "The first round is about to begin!"

Miles watched the farthest monitor provided in the trainers' locker room. The two trainers who had been announced were both on screen within the stadium's main arena. He watched the two shake hands before taking their places either side of the marked arena on the ground. The adjudicator then announced the official rulings for the match just as he had done earlier in the morning.
    "Three Pokemon aside," he began, looking back and forth between the two trainers, "the first to knock out three of his opponent's Pokemon or has the most number of Pokemon remaining after the match has ended, is the winner. Understood?" The two trainers nodded and prepared for their first battle.

Inside the locker room where the twelve other trainers had gathered, Miles sat aside watching one of the monitors broadcasting the arena. The storm clouds he had seen earlier in the morning were also fast approaching and could be seen just overhead behind the stands in the stadium. He heaved a sighed before returning his attention to the match at hand, where both Blue and Artemis prepared to reveal their first Pokemon for the match and to start the tournament.

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
    OOC: Oh boy, thirty posst of pure joy. Good luck, Yoshi, although I suppose it's natural that you'l win. NPC's and all, y'know. I'm rambling...XD. By the way, my Pokémon get introduced in this post. And it's a bit long.

IC:

Parties had never really pleased Nathaniel.

But festivities were festivities, and it was nice manners to attend such happenings. Nathaniel made his way out of the trainer cabins, and to the parade area. It was more of a fair than a parade, because there were only three Pokémon parading. Venosaur, Charizard and Blastoise; the three legendary starters in their final forms. Nathaniel watched in awe as the three Pokémon preformed dazzling moves from unbelievable positions. And was amazed when he saw a Flamethrower, a Hydro Pump and a Razor Leafe combine and form a ball that the person next to him called the Nitro Blast. Thruthfully, Nathaniel found the name rather odd, but was awed by the sheer power it carried. Buying himself a cotton candy and a Coke, Nathaniel made his way down to the beach.

The night breeze was cool as it raised sea-water an splashed the gentle droplets on his face. Smiling, he recalled that there was a Tournament Rule that only three Pokémon may be used in the begining matches. Mentally deciding which were the best three, he plucked three red and white orbs from his belt, and threw them into the night sky. They burst open in pallid light, and revealed three Pokémon. Absol, Blaziken and Lapras. Absol, the bright white canine-like Pokémon curled up in a ball, and looked with large red eyes at the sphereical moon in awe. Blaziken took a few steps back from the ocean, but smiled at the cool breeze plaing with his hair. Lapras headed straight to the sea. Nathaniel grinned at the various personalities of his Pokémon, and began to talk.

"All right, listen up you three," – here Absol lowered his head from the moon, and looked at Nathaniel. Lapras stopped spalishing around to hear what Nathaniel was going to say. Blaziken continued to flex his muscles. – ", there is, unless the rules have changed, a rule that states only three Pokémon may participate in the begining matches. I have chosen you three for obvious reasons. Absol, you are my most experienced Pokémon, and on the battlefield, wherever we may be, experience is important. Blaziken, you are probably my most enthusiastic fighter, and very willing to put your all in any fight. And Lapras, you are my newest and lest experienced Pokémon. New blood is alwas good. I hope you all good luck in tomorrow's matches. Any qustions?"

<None, Nathaniel,> replied Absol, getting up and stretching, <but I want to thank you for those kind words of encouragement. I shall try my best tomorrow. And good luck to you, as well.> Absol had always been rather formal.

<Umm, do we know who we're up against?> asked Blaziken.

"Nope. I suppose that our opponents are chosen on the spot."

<Will there be a pool for me to swim in? You know how I hate battling on land,> complained Lapras as she swam closer.

"I'm sure there will be."

<There'd better be or...>

"...you'll whine at them?"

<Exactly!>

* * *​

The morning dawned bright and sunny. Nathaniel followed the rest of the people over to the stadium. He was worried, and he knew it. he carefully ran his fingers over his three poké-balls as if wishing them good luck, and raised his head to watch the match between Artemis and Blue.

OOC: Meh...not that long...

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    "Not selected first match. Thank god." Xtian spoke to himself. He stood watching a monitor as the first battle was about to commence. Everyone seems so relaxed. I know I need to but I just get so excited when I watch pokemon battles! Xtian thought to himself. He walked over to a bench where their who earlier their guide, now their opponent sat.

"Miles isn't it? It really has to suck that you had to work, then compete huh? I mean come on, you have to guide everyone, tell them what to do. Be all buddy buddy then bam, your rivals. It really sounds crappy. I would hate to be in your position!" Xtian tried making small talk to get his mind away from everything else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back