• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Quiz Game

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I don't mean to be rude, but I think the above answer is wrong. My answer to Deoxys121's question is 180. The Base power of a move is not changed by STAB, just the total damage is multiplied by 1.5. Sunlight also multiplies damage by 1.5 if the move is fire type, but Base Power of the move remains unchanged.

However, because of the boosts, it EFFECTIVELY has a BP of 405.
    You forgot to put your question...
    What is the only evolved Pokemon which looses its secondary type?

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    Oops! Sorry for not posting a question!

Anyway, the answer is Bellossom.

Name a Pokemon whose 1st level up move is a TM move, but who isn't compatible with the TM.

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    Ok, for this answer I'm assuming by "signature move" you mean a move of a certain Pokemon that no other non-Smeargle Pokemon can learn.

Now, if by "Gen V" you mean "as of Generation V" i.e. a Pokemon of any generation, I'll say Vespiquen with 3 moves. If you're counting gen V Pokemon only, I'd say Victini with 2 (Searing Shot and V-Create). I'm not counting Reshiram and Zekrom as Victini can learn 1 of each of there signature moves, therefore they only have 1 exclusive sig move each. And I'm not counting Kyurem cause it's only real signature move is Glaciate as the other 2 are only speculated.

And now for my question. This is 1 of the 2 unsolved questions from my 5 questions thread which got locked (if only I knew they aren't allowed... sigh!)

Swords Dance increases attack stat by 2 stages. Tail Glow raises SpAtk by 3 stages. Dragon Dance increases Atk 1 by stage and Speed by 1 stage, making a total of 2 stage increase.

Now can you name a move that can increase a Pokemon's stats by a total of 84 stages in a single turn (irrespective of the ability Simple)?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Um... the only way that can happen is to have -6 on each stat, then max them all out. There is no move that does that that I know of.

What Steel-type move is one of the most common moves known in the anime, known by at least 54 different Pokemon?

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
    And now for my question. This is 1 of the 2 unsolved questions from my 5 questions thread which got locked (if only I knew they aren't allowed... sigh!)

Swords Dance increases attack stat by 2 stages. Tail Glow raises SpAtk by 3 stages. Dragon Dance increases Atk 1 by stage and Speed by 1 stage, making a total of 2 stage increase.

Now can you name a move that can increase a Pokemon's stats by a total of 84 stages in a single turn (irrespective of the ability Simple)?

I think you have to use psych up on a separate pokemon with all stats maxed out.

To the question above me, I think it's iron tail.

Which attack types don't affect which types? (Not including abilities.)

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    The answer to my previous question can be either Psych Up or Heart Swap.

Now for your question-

Attacking Type-> Immune Type

Electric -> Ground

Ground -> Flying

Normal -> Ghost

Ghost -> Normal

Fighting -> Ghost

Psychic -> Dark

Poison -> Steel

I think that's all.

My Question

5. Which of the following 3 Pokemon can deal the LEAST damage to a Jirachi holding a Shuca Berry while it's raining?

a) A Machamp with No Guard using Cross Chop.

b) A Ho-oh with Pressure using Sacred Fire.

c) A Garchomp with Sand Veil using Earthquake.

[All 3 Pokemon are of Adamant nature, have max possible attack and are not holding any items.]

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    They would all be equal. They all have equal base attack. Cross Chop gets no negative effect from rain. The attack is neutrally effective. So, 100 Base Power + STAB = 150. With Ho-Oh, Sacred Fire's 100 base power is cut in half to 50 by rain. 50 Base Power + STAB + Super-effective = 150. Garchomp's Earthquake's base power of 100 gets cut in half to 50 by the Shuca Berry. 50 Base Power + STAB + Super-effective = 150.

Togekiss's common "ParaFlinch" combination in the metagame consists of a combination of the ability Serene Grace, and which two moves?

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    They would all be equal. They all have equal base attack. Cross Chop gets no negative effect from rain. The attack is neutrally effective. So, 100 Base Power + STAB = 150. With Ho-Oh, Sacred Fire's 100 base power is cut in half to 50 by rain. 50 Base Power + STAB + Super-effective = 150. Garchomp's Earthquake's base power of 100 gets cut in half to 50 by the Shuca Berry. 50 Base Power + STAB + Super-effective = 150.

Togekiss's common "ParaFlinch" combination in the metagame consists of a combination of the ability Serene Grace, and which two moves?

Sorry, your answer is wrong. They all seem to deal roughly the same damage, but there's a catch. Ho-oh's Sacred Fire is the one which can potentially deal the least damage, cause it's the only one that can miss (so it can deal 0 damage).

Now the answer to your question- Paraflinch Togekiss usually has Air Slash and Body Slam to take advantage of Serene Grace, along with Aura Sphere for coverage and Roost for healing. It can also have Thunder Wave instead of Body Slam.

Question

Which pokemon is the strongest Priority attack user in the game? (attack here means a damage dealing move)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    By the basis of highest BST that can learn increased priority moves, I believe that would be Rayquaza. "Strongest" is too general of a term for this thread, just so you know, because it can mean many things.

Which Pokemon has the highest base HP stat of all Water-types?

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    Sorry for not explaining well enough. By 'strongest' I meant the most damage dealing. The correct answer is Absol with it's base 130 attack and STAB Sucker Punch (the other stats are not needed to increase damage output). And the Pokemon with the highest BST and a priority attack isn't Rayquaza, it's Arceus. Normal Arceus's STAB Extremespeed is the second strongest priority move, as its base attack is 120.

Now answer to your question- Wailord, I think, with base 170 hp or something.

And now my question, I'll make it easier. Which stage 1 Pokemon does not have a weekness.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    Tynamo is a basic Pokemon, the correct answer is Electrik (Stage 1 Pokemon are those that evolve from basic ones).

Answer to your question is Gyro Ball I think.

Now tell me which Pokemon was the first one to legally learn the game breaking combo of Belly Drum and Extremespeed?

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    The right answer to my question is Smeargle.

The answer to your question is Encourage Sheer Force.

Ok, question time. This one is really, really easy, just think before you answer.

Which Pokemon has the most immunities?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Shedinja. It's immune to everything that's not super-effective.

Despite the move SolarBeam being widely distributed among Fire-types in the games, what is the only Fire-type Pokemon to have been shown knowing SolarBeam in the anime? (Note: the episode in which this occurred has not yet been aired outside of Japan)

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    Your answer to my question is right :)!

The answer to your question is Chili's Pansear. In that episode where Chili catches up with Ash n friends and fights Cilan. His Pansear later uses Solarbeam.

Which is potentially the strongest pokemon attack?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    If you're saying by maximum possible damage, that would be Rollout. When used by a Shuckle under the absolute best-case scenario, with stat boosters, items, skill swap to beneficial ability, Power Trick, stat reducers on the opponent, good nature on Shuckle, bad nature on opponent's Ledyba, the Defense Curl/Rollout combo on the 5th turn of Rollout with a critical hit can deal 4,106,802,954,000 damage.

What is the only pseudo-legendary Pokemon to not have Attack as its highest stat?

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    ^Stored Power can deal more damage than a 5th rollout if you have enough boosts.

Hydreigon (I hope I spelled it right).

The Pokemon of which egg group(s) almost never have illegal egg move combinations?

Back