• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon starters Fan Club!

Who will be our Mascot?

• Bulbasaur / Venusaur

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Chikorita / Meganium

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Treecko / Sceptile

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Turtwig / Torterra

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Charmander / Charizard

Votes: 43 17.9%
  • Cyndaquil / Typhlosion

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • Torchic / Blaziken

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Chimchar / Infernape

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Squirtle / Blastoise

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Totodile / Feraligatr

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Mudkip / Swampert

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • Piplup / Empoleon

Votes: 32 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha, I'm not sure that animal is interesting enough to make a POkemon of... well perhaps.

Pure Grass???? Really?????? I've been fooled all these years!!!!!!!!!! :O Isn't that very unfair? Swampert is ground and Blaziken is fighting, shouldn't Sceptile at least be Rock or Steel then?

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Rock or steel doesn't really fit it.

However dark is the only thing that actually fits it's appearance and moveset a bit.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah... somebody had me fooled for several years... must've been a fake dex on the net somewhere :/

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Skuntank? ;P

They've used up all ideas... they'll have a real hard time making a decent 5th gen. Please don't give us lousy starters..... they kinda set the level of the rest of the gen. Don't they?

Welcome AExcalibur!

ok you got me there,so how about a Polar bear,Jaguar,and how about a Liger for the starters!jkjkjkjk
    the 5th generation WILL be hard to create since most of their ideas went to the rest of the gen. I'm looking forward to the 5th generation...

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    I'll join.

I think they'll use something like a rabbit (Water/Fighting), a bird of some sort (Flying/Grass?), and a skeleton head on fire (Fire/Ghost).

Then again, it's some crazy ideas. I don't know how a Water/Fighting Rabbit will look, though.
    Sure you can join, AExcalibur. Welcome! I will add you in the list now.
    Turtwig picture:
    The Pokemon starters Fan Club!

Credits to Pokemon Nightmare.

~Rene~ :t025:

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    What species do you think they'll make the next gen starters from?

A fire snake, grass cat (like Leafeon) and water puppy. That would be neat.

No more dinosaurs! There are too many dinosaurs. Not that they aren't cool.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    What species do you think they'll make the next gen starters from?

grass cat (like Leafeon)

The Eeveelutions are all foxes. Lol.

Anyways, there's not that many options I can think of other than what was suggested. Nintendo probably will reuse designs and ideas for 5th gen. There's not that many animals left that everyone who isn't a zoologist doesn't know about that could be used.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Nice answer you have, absolmaster709. I can't think of the next topic about starter Pokemons. How about everyone?

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    A new topic? Umm...maybe....

Do you think Nintendo will change the starter types? Do you wish for Nintendo to change the starter types?

This is mainly because there has been lots of speculation on Psychic/Dark/Fighting starters. To answer: No, I do not think Nintendo will change the types and I'm not sure whether I want them to or not. The only problem with Psychic/Dark/Fighting is that Dark is completely immune to Psychic, not just resistant. Grass/Fire/Water seems to be the only one that really works, however I am getting sorta tired of it.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Do you think Nintendo will change the starter types? Do you wish for Nintendo to change the starter types?

No, I don't think they'll change them. There's been four sets of starters already, so why start now? Plus, I don't want them to. It's fine the way it is.

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years

I don't think they will. Meh it's hard to say but i wish they could it would be like a new era for pokemon lol

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    A new topic? Umm...maybe....

This is mainly because there has been lots of speculation on Psychic/Dark/Fighting starters. To answer: No, I do not think Nintendo will change the types and I'm not sure whether I want them to or not. The only problem with Psychic/Dark/Fighting is that Dark is completely immune to Psychic, not just resistant. Grass/Fire/Water seems to be the only one that really works, however I am getting sorta tired of it.
    Thanks for the new topic, absolmaster709. I will answer it now.

Hiya... Can I join? I'm really a fan of all the starters especially Squirtle!!! Pls. let me join!
    Yes, sure you can join. Welcome to the club, EnirevTux. I will add you in the list.
    Yes, I think so. I don't wish Nintendo to change them. Because grass, fire and water are good types for the starter Pokemons.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If (or when...) they change the starter types.... that will probably like, happen at the same time as Ash leaves the anime. Wanna bet? Then it's truly a new era for Pokémon. Perhaps they could use that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Probably not,i guess so.....i'm not sure!

A fresh start would be a good one for starting a new generation.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    If (or when...) they change the starter types.... that will probably like, happen at the same time as Ash leaves the anime. Wanna bet? Then it's truly a new era for Pokémon. Perhaps they could use that.
    I agree with you, Fable-chan. I think they will change the types of the starter Pokemons.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah. It's not likely that Pokémon will ever stop coming with new things, and the last starter trio, they tried hard to give them interesting type combos anyway. Fire/Fight, Grass/Ground, Water/Steel.

I doubt there will be a dark type starter though. It'd be too good.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Yeah. It's not likely that Pokémon will ever stop coming with new things, and the last starter trio, they tried hard to give them interesting type combos anyway. Fire/Fight, Grass/Ground, Water/Steel.

I doubt there will be a dark type starter though. It'd be too good.
    Yes, you are right. I like to see a dark starter Pokemon besides Grass, Fire and Water.

Cid

Years
    I heard that they would change the starter types of Diamond and Pearl into Dark/Psychic/Fighting before it was released, though I guess they cancelled it... It might be possible... I wish they don't change the types because Grass/Fire/Water is already a good combo... Besides, they could add secondary types to these types anyway...

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    I heard that they would change the starter types of Diamond and Pearl into Dark/Psychic/Fighting before it was released, though I guess they cancelled it... It might be possible... I wish they don't change the types because Grass/Fire/Water is already a good combo... Besides, they could add secondary types to these types anyway...
    Good answer you have, EnirevTux. I think they should not change the starter Pokemon types. They must remain the same.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back