• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Here lies the new and IMPROVED Haru Hatake. Of course I'm still working on it.

Name: Haru Hatake

Nickname: Haru, or Hatake

Sex: Male

Dorm: Raiku Yellow

Appearance: Haru stands at about 5'5, a tad short for his age, and weighs around 110 pounds. His figure is rather...slim, although he isn't extremely skinny. His face is rather angular, with a light beard coating his chin, and his long, shaggy brown hair framing the rest of his head. He tends not to take an extraordinary amount of time preparing it, preferring to comb it and then shake it about, giving it a flippy-look. His eyes are green, but they are on the borderline of hazel. Haru's normal apparel consists of khaki shorts, of which he owns many pairs of the exact same thing, and random shirts, from dressy polo shirts to the basic white tee shirt. He normally wears his Raiku Yellow coat over it, taking pride in the fact that he actually made

Personality: He's a bit of an oddball. He has amazing potential, but he doesn't put forth his best effort. He's a bit of a slacker, so he barely made it to Raiku. He has a tendency to be flirt, and he has a chronic fear of extremely lengthy homework assignment. He tenses up around beautiful girls, he's a bit like Brock. Just replace breeding with pokemon training, and downgrade the reaction. He just flirts with them. He wants to prove himself to the world."Be a hero" as some would say. He spent his life being mocked by certain people, which drove him to dream of becoming the best that he could, except he's a slacker. He acknowledges the fact that he's so freaking far from perfect, but still struts around like he owns stuff. He's not a fan of losing, but is always happy in defeat. He smiles practically all the time, and is good to have around for a laugh. He's clever and witty, but could be called a "Smart Ass". He's likable, but can be a bit awkward, and he can be annoying at times,but he's a loyal friend and will stick up for you if he likes you.He also plays guitar quite a bit, and is pretty good at it.

History: He grew up in Viridian City with his childhood friend, a stall-worth Charmander. The Charmander was his best friend, and grew up with it. Everyday he would go out and play with i and feed it When he was 8, however, the Charmander was taken by a strange boy clad in red. He was devastated and cried for days. His parents loved him, and they had a brilliant idea. They got him a Charmander from Doctor Samuel Oak at age 10. He took a year and a half to travel all over Kanto with Charmander, which became a Charmeleon, but decided to leave home to explore other regions. His Charmander was then a Charmeleon, and it had a urge to go over seas with him. He took the Charmeleon and used it in Hoenn, where he got Grovyle as a Treeko. Together they traveled all over Hoenn, though his two favorite Pokemon were still weak. They grew tired of Hoenn and set off for Sinnoh, where they met Munchlax who was stealing their food. Haru caught him by using the food as a peace offering. They then traveled all across Sinnoh, losing battles wherever they wenr. Now Haru wanted to go to the academy simply for a new start with his team, to grow stronger so they wouldn't lose every battle they get in.

Pokémon: Charmeleon, Grovyle, and Munchlax

Nickname: Torch, Twitch, and Void (for obvious reasons)

Personality: Charmeleon (level 24) is great friends with the other two in Haru's team, but he doesn't get along well with other Pokemon. He's a bit of a loner too. Grovyle (level 20) is finicky, quick, and think first ask questions later minded. He doesn't mind Charmeleon, but he doesn't like Munchlax. Munchlax (level 18) is pretty clever for a Munchlax, and obtains food in clever manners and battles cleverly. He loves hanging out with Charmeleon. He would hang out with Grovyle, but doesn't understand why doesn't like him.

Moves: Charmeleon: Flamethrower, Metal Claw, Iron Tail, Slash, Mega Punch, and Headbutt
Grovyle: Leaf blade, Slash, Quick Attack, Bullet Seed, Cut, and Headbutt
Munchlax: Headbutt, Body Slam, Stockpile, Spit Up, Ice Punch, and Rock Smash

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
I'm really sorry for my lack of posting in this RP.
I am intending to continue I'm just running fry on inspiration. If those of you in Zayne's class are getting bored or anything feel free to act as though he dismissed you early. Then I'll have him find Andromeda.

Furthermore, Sylvia is still sitting out the front of the Academy in the snow if anyone is looking to interact with her.
Yeah, the other Two never posted, I think im just gonna end it before I lose all motivation to continue posting.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Perhaps your character could go an see Sylvia after that then?

Wouldn't mind it at all.

Although now do I wanna finish posting for the fight or just skip it... I honestly dont wanna finish it neither of them are posting anymore >_>

I'll figure something out and post soon.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Posted! And finally got my mini Pokemon avatars to float on each side of the title. I feel like a genius right now... but it took so much darn work to finally figure it out. LOL

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
Wouldn't mind it at all.

Although now do I wanna finish posting for the fight or just skip it... I honestly dont wanna finish it neither of them are posting anymore >_>

I'll figure something out and post soon.

I thought everyone else vanished, Wooly was supposed to tell me when to continue I believe, so I just thought we were done. I really want to finish the post, though, before classes end.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
I thought everyone else vanished, Wooly was supposed to tell me when to continue I believe, so I just thought we were done. I really want to finish the post, though, before classes end.
Well then Go ahead and PM me with the attack you wanna use and I'll Push it through the simulator.

Years
@Iny and Pokefan - I think Wooly left the RPC. So you may have to contend with that. Either way I'll wait for you to finish the post before I have Zayne finish the class.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
@Iny and Pokefan - I think Wooly left the RPC. So you may have to contend with that. Either way I'll wait for you to finish the post before I have Zayne finish the class.
Just keeping you up to date, We're finishing this up, I wanna get this through with in One easy post.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last):
Cynthia P. Gallente

Nickname (Optional):
Cynthia

Age (10-15):

Sex (Male or Female):
Female

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):
Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
cg.png
OFten wears warpaint to intimidate her opponents!

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):
Typically a happy-go-lucky sort, Cynthia is eager to make friends and stay on peoples' good sides.
She's fiercely loyal to her friends and family, and is more than willing to fight against all odds for them.
Her devotion to friends and family can got a bit to far at times and, she'll get a bit overbearing or might seem mean spirited.
The loss of friends or family can also be devastating to her, especially her mental state.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?):
Born the only child of a rich merchant family, Cynthia has been afford the opportunity to travel the world and see many sights, even at a young age.
Her parents were frequently busy with business, so Cynthia entertained herself. The family had several of their own pokemon, including a Blissey who was Cynthia's closest friend.
Due to the fact they her family often traveled, Cynthia was unable to keep many friends in any place she'd happen to stay, but she would make friends quickly anyway.
On her 15th birthday, Cynthia was given the choice to become a pokemon trainer, after her parents received a letter from Prof. Oak. Eager for a chance to become a trainer, Cynthia jumped on the opportunity, and her parents supported (and continue to support) her fully.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species:
Blissey
Nickname(Optional):
Blissey
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
Incredibly sweet and docile, Cynthia's Blissey is always willing to help anyone in need.
Lvl(Max 30):
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Wish
Protect
Sing
Focus Blast

Opening Post (Must be from the perspective of your character.):
"There it is!" I exclaim, looking over the bow of the boat. The Academy isn't visible yet, but I can see the island. It's so marvelous. I can't believe I'm actually here, actually doing this!
I turn around, a huge smile on my face, and look at Blissey. She's been standing behind me the whole time, probably to grab me in case I slip.
"Can you see it too?" She nods and chirps a bit. I know she's pretty excited too.
The two of us have been together as long as I can remember.
Oh, I can remember the first time we had an adventure. Boy, I was really young then, only five or six years old. . . We were in Lavendar Town, I think mom and dad were actually in Saffron City, but I really can't remember for sure . . .Anyway. Blissey and I were in Lavendar Town, we were just wandering around, and eventually we climbed into this abandoned tower.
I shoulda known better, but... So we go inside and instantly these chills fall over us!
I'm trying to be as quiet as I can, and Blissey is trying her best too.
Suddenly a Gengar appears out of NOWHERE and pounces on us. Blissey pushes me back and protects me. The ghost tries to attack her, but he just can't touch her!
It was amazing! His arms just went right through her.
I know she was trying to be brave in front of me, but I know she had to be terrified!
Eventually a trainer who was in the tower came to investigate the noise we were making, and she fought ghost, and ultimately caught it!
That trainer was soooooo amazing, it was like her Pokemon knew exactly what she was thinking, and she knew exactly what to do.
Ever since then I've wanted to be a trainer too.
And now.... After all these years... I finally get the chance!
I know I can take on anything with Blissey by my side!
I turn back to look at the island, and to my surprise we've already docked! It's just me and Blissey on the ship, she's just looking down at me and smiling.
I hug her, she hugs me back, and we head down the gangplank towards our new adventure . . .

Last edited:

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
This RP looks like so much fun! I'm new to this forum, but I hope I can join anyway!

Name: Amanda Moore

Nickname: Ammy

Age (10-15):

Sex: Female

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance: (I have an image but I haven't made enough posts to post it yet)
Amanda is a girl of average height, with brown hair which she wears in a ponytail with some segments hanging down around her ears. Her favourite colour is blue, and she shows it in her clothing; she ties her hair up with a blue bandana, owns a variety of blue t-shirts and has a grey messenger bag with the image of a great ball printed on it which she carries everywhere. Shewears white trousers and black shoes with the blue attire.
The strap of her messenger bag bears some Pokéballs, two for her currently owned Pokémon and two spare, just in case.

Personality:

Amanda is a quiet, anti-social girl who prefers spending her time alone or with her Pokémon. She loves to study Pokémon, and prefers to draw them and write notes about their behaviour rather than catch or battle them. Once you get to know her, "Ammy" is kindly and caring, treating her few friends like family and protects them when necessary. She's quite clumsy, constantly dropping books and shattering glasses, some refer to her as "Unlucky Ammy". Despite her shy nature, Amanda is surprisingly brave, and is always willing to venture into new places... providing there aren't too many people there, of course.

History:

Amanda was born in Hoenn, but has lived in other regions because of the nature of her father's job. She grew up in Johto, and spent most of her time with her mother in the forest collecting berries. When she was 7 her family moved to Unova, Amanda missed her old home in Johto as they had moved to a city closer to her father's workplace. No nearby forest to play in, Ammy tried to make friends with the local children. Unfortunately, the children of the city had hard hearts towards her and bullied her because she was younger than them and quite weak. The family moved back to Hoenn when Amanda turned 12, at this age Ammy wanted to make herself tougher, she was sick of being pushed around by bullies. Amanda found out about Team Aqua, and became a junior member of the syndicate. Here she received her first Pokémon, a Zubat with a broken fang. she named him "Fang" in light of his tooth, and they became fast friends. Ammy and Fang ran with Team Aqua for a year, but left because she disagreed with their ideals and felt guilty about playing a part in their acts of terror. Her parents never found out about her involvement with Team Aqua, she keeps it a close secret which she has never yet shared. After leaving Team Aqua, Amanda took to roaming Hoenn in search of new Pokémon to study. On her travels, Amanda found a curious green and red egg on the road. She took it home, and arranged a nest for it keeping it incubated in her room. It eventually hatched a baby Treecko, which she called "Burdock". Her enthusiasm in the study of Pokémon was what got a letter sent to her one day by the Pokémon Trainer Academy, her parents had apparently enrolled her. Ecstatic, but also nervous, Amanda accepted the offer and set off for the island.

Pokémon:

Species: Zubat
Nickname: Fang
Personality: Fang is an energetic little Zubat with an adamant nature. He often finds himself in trouble, whether it's flying into vents, getting stuck in peoples hair, or just doing the opposite of what Amanda tells him to do. Although he is a troublemaker, Fang loves his trainer very much and is entirely loyal to her.
Lvl: 17
Moves: Wing Attack
Astonish
Bite
Supersonic
Leech Life
(-------)

Species: Treecko
Nickname: Burdock
Personality: Burdock is very timid, he only trusts Amanda, and will hide from anybody else. He's a little smaller than average for a Treecko of his age, but also a little bit faster (not in any way that would affect the way he fought, though). Burdock will learn to trust humans other than his trainer if he spends enough time with them. When he is with someone he trusts, he is very relaxed, loving to be cuddled or stroked.
Lvl: 7
Moves: Pound
Leer
Absorb
Magical Leaf
(-------)
(-------)

Opening Post:

I stood on the island shore, the sound of the sea and wind were still strange to me even after my journey here. Ahead of me, the shadowy image of the Pokémon Trainer Academy lay in silence, waiting for my approach patiently. I bit my lip, and clenched my fists.

"Alright Fang, we can't turn back now," I stood, frozen in my shoes. I suddenly realised that perhaps coming to such a remote island which was no doubt filled with other kids my age wasn't a good idea considering my past experiences with... making friends. I felt a nudge at my back, I looked over my shoulder and saw Fang flying behind me, giving me a cheeky smile.

I sighed. "Okay, alright, come on Fang." after much effort, I convinced my foot to move itself forward, and coaxed myself into a steady walk towards the school.

Burdock, my Treecko, rested on my shoulder and around my neck. When he noticed that we were moving towards the looming shadow of the PTA he started poking me with his three fingered paw.

"yeah, Burdock, I'm a little bit worried too." I couldn't see his face, but he made a frightened little squeak and hid behind my hair. I stopped walking and sat down, taking the green lizard into my arms. I looked him right in his eyes.

"Little buddy, we don't have a choice now. We're on an island and we can't go home. We have to go to the school." the Treecko covered his face, and Fang made a cry to him.

"Fang is perfectly fine with it, so he can protect us if we get bullied or anything..." I laughed, nervously. A human, a Zubat and a Treecko... and it was the Zubat who wasn't scared of going to meet people.

I usually loved exploring new places, but this was different. This wasn't a stoney mountain or a dense complex of trees, it was a building- several buildings containing dozens and dozens of people. I didn't really get along with people.

I had to go though. It wasn't just about getting this far, it was about overcoming my fears and learning to become the best I could be.

I picked Burdock back up, sat him on my shoulder, and after walking for a few minutes, I reached the school. My future.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Ran into RL, along with writer's block. Genvieve, feel free to bunny my character for a post or two if you'd like. You can already tell the direction this is going anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back