• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    Only potentially awesome thing that could come out of this is mother's screaming in the media
    "Pokemon promotes taking walks with their demon goat god!"
    Oh I cannot wait for this.
    lol that is soooo true lmao

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    Haha knew it'd be real, stated my confidence in it within the speculation thread.

So glad its real, but hopefully its not just exp and happiness. Its definitely looking like something to be included with the game, much like the wireless adaptors.

Edit: Wow, you guys are on about shaking and walking round the house already? Cant you just, you know, walk properly? Some fresh air will do you good!

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Seems like a pretty cool gadget but I'm not too interested.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I'm so getting that. Easiest and fastest way to level up pokemon. I'm expecting 1 exp point for every step though. xD
    Gasin exp while walk to and from a place, sure you could play the DS at that time, but wouldn't you concentrate on where you are walking?
    Quick way to get a lvl 100 false swiper.

Years
    its pretty much a daycare in your pocket?
    sounds good if you're going out & still wanna level them, just throw it in your bag or in your pocket and they'll level, seems good enough to me :).

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    i don't really understand the point of this could some one please explain to me !

It is basically a Daycare on the go. You put your Pokemon in this device and for every real life step your Pokemon gains (I'm guessing) 1 EXP point. It just provides incentive to get up and walk around a little.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    hmm. it looks nice... i heard that you can even use those to activate some events on your pkmn HG/SS... so its not that useless at all..

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    hmm. it looks nice... i heard that you can even use those to activate some events on your pkmn HG/SS... so its not that useless at all..

I don't know where that came from lol XD That information hasn't been confirmed at all :/ I don't think they would go that far with it, but I guess it's a possibility :S

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    I read it too but it seems to be just for japan people as usual

Why would it be just for Japan? :O That was just speculation XD People expecting the worst lol ... I don't see why it wouldn't be released in every region :/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Why would it be just for Japan? :O That was just speculation XD People expecting the worst lol ... I don't see why it wouldn't be released in every region :/
    It's because Japan does tend to get stuff that doesn't occur anywhere else. =P But it's certainly true - even in GSC, they got a Celebi event, if my memory serves. They've also so far gotten the Ranch Platinum update unlike anywhere else, and other stuff too out of Pokemon.

But one can't say which way it will be until we get info on it. ATM, I'm slightly leaning towards that we will get it outside of Japan, but for now we can only speculate. XD

It appears that Pikachu's D/P sprite was used in it...? Here they are, in a spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Same for the 'mini-sprites' when the Pikachu encounters the Sentret in the video - same ones used. Might suggest a couple of things... 'maybe'. Hmm.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Most likely tested through DP and I doubt they would be that lazy.Seriously they couldn't be that lazy we also have platinum sprites.
    It appears they ARE that lazy - there's proof is in the pudding- err, pictures, after all. =P They could change it, but I'm not that sure on that.

Mind you - this is not the HG/SS battle system we're seeing, but the external Pokewalks's one - would not say at all that GS remakes will not have a new set of sprites. Could even mean that something potentially different might occur, given that they have been holding out for a good while now on this. And it's only a minor side-gadget - not that unliekly that they'd reserve DP sprites for it.

Also might suggest that they had already started developing this in-between DP and Platinum...? Maybe it was planned beforehand? YAY SPECULATION.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well HGSS which were in development since DP have this alongside so I don't see why not. I do know they were pretty lazy but how easy do you think it is to find new poses for over 450 Pokemon? This though will happen with hgss and every Pokemon will get a new sprite minus the Pokemon in the platinum dex.

Dragonbane

Beards are now mandatory
    Years
    It is real! So then I guess if it does come out the 19th of September I will be right. YESH! Also walking to level up your Pokemon? God dammit gamefreak thats so stupid.

So stupid it might just work. Bwahahahaha!

Returning to the less stupid portion of my post, that will be the same equivalent to a day care, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back