• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Years
  • Edge of the Night Sky is a Wi-Fi exclusive area to be used with the Pokemon Pedeometer, this was confirmed in the Pokemon Sunday show last week. It is just off to the side of the National Park.

wait, what? Pokemon Sunday never touched Jirachi as far as I can remember :/ Edge of the Night Sky will not be on the Johto map at all :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    There's no Pokemon there. And it is on the map.

What are you talking about? You are extremely confused. On the pokewalker there are courses you go on and unlock such as noisy forest, and when your pokemon goes on those courses there are wild pokemon they encounter that you can catch and trade back to your game...

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • What are you talking about? You are extremely confused. On the pokewalker there are courses you go on and unlock such as noisy forest, and when your pokemon goes on those courses there are wild pokemon they encounter that you can catch and trade back to your game...
    Where does it say you can catch pokemon on the pedometer? Link?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Where does it say you can catch pokemon on the pedometer? Link?

Here you go :) This is the page that it mentions you can catch wild Pokemon using the Pokeradar, which can be used by using the Watts that you build up through walking :)

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/pokewalker/03.html

So it's like a bonus mini-game on the Pokemeter thing?

Exactly :) It's a course that you can only get through this event. When playing the minigames, (item finder, Pokeradar) by using watts, the Pokemon differ between course to course

Last edited:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • I got Jirachi off of the Serebii Wi-fi chat.
    I'll be getting the Shokotan Pichu and the Movie 12 Arceus too, because I want to unlock everything that involves events in HG/SS.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Ah, thanks. But I thought you could only have one pokemon on the pedometer at a time?

True, I wondered the same thing, how on earth is this going to work? lol XD My guess is this. It keeps an internal list of the information for the Pokemon that you catch, and then once you bring your Pokemon back, then it announces how many you have caught, and then some way deposites them into your box. (This is pure 100% speculation) XD When they post it on the official website I'll make sure to translate it and post it up for you guys :) I'm looking forward to this one too ^^

I got Jirachi off of the Serebii Wi-fi chat.
    I'll be getting the Shokotan Pichu and the Movie 12 Arceus too, because I want to unlock everything that involves events in HG/SS.

I need to get PC Pichu too ;_; lol XD Hopefully I can find someone to trade it to me lol XP I really want to make a walkthrough of HGSS, and it would be nice to have all these events in there too lol XD

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Hey! No forgetting Lunatone and Solrock! (if they are included in the revised Johto Dex). And what about Jigglypuff? Isn't that another denizen of Mt. Moon (Edge of the Night Sky seems to be reminiscent of such an area. I could only think of Pokemon that would exist in Mt. Moon being there)? If only basic pokemon are found in the Poke Walker courses, then i would think that was about it, unless most pokemon evolving with the Moon Stone are included, which would add the Nidoran(s?) to the list of avalible Pokemon. Items? Stardust, star piece, moon stone, sun stone, and i'm trying to think of what else...

Last edited:

Ayselipera

I thought the new area would be
    something really cool, but if its
    just for the predometer then it
    doesn't seem so.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Hey! No forgetting Lunatone and Solrock! (if they are included in the revised Johto Dex). And what about Jigglypuff? Isn't that another denizen of Mt. Moon (Edge of the Night Sky seems to be reminiscent of such an area. I could only think of Pokemon that would exist in Mt. Moon being there)? If only basic pokemon are found in the Poke Walker courses, then i would think that was about it, unless most pokemon evolving with the Moon Stone are included, which would add the Nidoran(s?) to the list of avalible Pokemon. Items? Stardust, star piece, moon stone, sun stone, and i'm trying to think of what else...

Actually the only one that we have confirmed so far is a normal potion lol XD

I'm a little dissappointed by this.
    I thought the new area would be
    something really cool, but if its
    just for the predometer then it
    doesn't seem so.

Yeah, but who knows, we still haven't heard much outside of a vague description of it :P Aside from that, we really know little about the new course :P Maybe it has some pretty cool Pokemon, maybe not XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    It would be cool if it had rare wild Jirachi, that you could share with your friends.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its only one of the places to encounter willd pokemon on the PokeWalk. Im assuming more rare pokemon will be there. Or space pokemon.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Its only one of the places to encounter willd pokemon on the PokeWalk. Im assuming more rare pokemon will be there. Or space pokemon.

Exactly, the more you use the PokeWalker the more courses gets unlocked. It only makes sense that the unlocked courses would give you progressively more rare Pokemon :P (or at least higher levels) I mean so far we've seen Sentret and Kanghaskhan

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back