• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    So I'm going to make a cooling backpack. A light weight and effective one. I need a small radiator and I found it. I also need a battery that can power the radiator and its cooling fan. Any suggections? also can provide some suggections for the whole thing. thanks
    Merged your thread in the "Post Your Problems" thread seeing as this is what your thread relates to more. Simple searching in Google might give you your answers, but I'm sure PC has some of its own scientific brains around.

Years
    I've got a pretty big problem (in my eyes anyway)
    It seems like i keep getting these wild mood swings where the slightest thing could set me off.
    For example we had to design logo's in ICT and this one guy drew one, it wasn't even that bad, but for some reason i burst out laughing and was even crying i was laughing so hard. When i looks back now i have no idea what the hell i was laughing at, to be honest when i look back i feel embarrassed at laughing so hard at nothing.
    And the exact opposite happens more regularly than that, I could be perfectly fine but then the tiniest thing could send me into such a depressive mood i don't even have the energy to do my A Level coursework and if i miss one more dead line i'm out of the college ;w;.
    An example could be that something as small as one of my friends finding a song before i do or even something as stupid as him learning how to use DOS in his ICT class (he's doing Btec) and my college blocks people from using it sends me into such a massive depression that i even start to question my existence in this world :'(
    Even worse the small parts in between these mood swings are filled with other weird emotions like jelousy but mostly paranoia. Like recently (you may have read it from one of my previous problem post's) i was messed around with by one of my friends and then completely blanked out. Because of this and the fact i tried to patch things up but he completely rejected any form of trying i sent him a message saying what was realy going on. The basic jist was i liked you, i knew you weren't that way, i blocked it out because we were friends, all i wanted was to hear the truth, hope your happy now. But now i'm so paranoid that he's going to tell someone about it that i'm been told that i'm obsessing over him. And now that's making me paranoid of what my friends are really thinking of me and whether or not there going to leave me like all my other friends have done in the past.
    This is just going in one vicious circle and i don't know what to do. I need to get this sorted out because it's affecting every important part of my life, my friends, me and most importantly my education ;w;
    Can anybody shine some light on why this is happening and any way of getting it fixed?
    It seems to me that you might have bipolar disorder or another similar psychological disorder. I am not an expert but my wife has bipolar disorder and has suffered a lot of the samemotional feelings as you. You may want to talk with a psychologist to make sure.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
    So I'm going to make a cooling backpack. A light weight and effective one. I need a small radiator and I found it. I also need a battery that can power the radiator and its cooling fan. Any suggections? also can provide some suggections for the whole thing. thanks

You plan to walk around with all of this on your back?! o_o

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Need some help here.

Hi. I am BlueShadow V 2.0. Recently I been feeling bad because one of my college friends is mad at me.

Right now, I am living in the dorms of the current University I am attending. I have a friend that is a good friend. The only problem is that he likes to do pranks all the time and everybody here knows that.

The other day, we were at my room. He was looking at the stuff I have and he told me if he could use some of my shaving cream because he wanted to shave. I told him that it was ok so he left and after 5 minutes, he came back to my room. He closed the door and gave me my shaving cream. 30 seconds later, one of the R.As (People responsible that everything in the dorms is in order) knocked my door. I opened, and he asked me if I saw anyone around the hall. I said that I haven't seen no one. He left, but I was wondering why he asked me that so I came out. Then, I saw that all the hall was covered with shaving cream!! I knew who did it. I was sure it was my friend so I told the RA that my friend did it, and my friend got totally mad at me. I felt bad because I wasn't sure if I did the right thing. (btw, I said the truth because in the past, I have been in bad situations for not telling the truth of situations like this one.) My friend admitted that he did it, and he had to clean it up. Now, he doesn't talk to me at all. He says that he is really mad at me.

So do you think that I did the right thing or not?

What can I do to stop him from feeling mad at me?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Your both in college and he is still acting like a kid? He needs to realize that they consider that vandalism and that stuff like that is not going to fly there or any other public places. I would explain to him there is no reason for you to be mad at me but you should be angry with yourself for the way you conducted yourself. Putting shaving cream in the hallway is not very befitting of an adult so seriously grow up. I think you did the right thing, if you didn't tell the RA then somebody else would have to clean up his mess, and if anyone needs to clean of the mess it is the one that makes it. This is life lessons for your friend.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Hi. I am BlueShadow V 2.0. Recently I been feeling bad because one of my college friends is mad at me.

Right now, I am living in the dorms of the current University I am attending. I have a friend that is a good friend. The only problem is that he likes to do pranks all the time and everybody here knows that.

The other day, we were at my room. He was looking at the stuff I have and he told me if he could use some of my shaving cream because he wanted to shave. I told him that it was ok so he left and after 5 minutes, he came back to my room. He closed the door and gave me my shaving cream. 30 seconds later, one of the R.As (People responsible that everything in the dorms is in order) knocked my door. I opened, and he asked me if I saw anyone around the hall. I said that I haven't seen no one. He left, but I was wondering why he asked me that so I came out. Then, I saw that all the hall was covered with shaving cream!! I knew who did it. I was sure it was my friend so I told the RA that my friend did it, and my friend got totally mad at me. I felt bad because I wasn't sure if I did the right thing. (btw, I said the truth because in the past, I have been in bad situations for not telling the truth of situations like this one.) My friend admitted that he did it, and he had to clean it up. Now, he doesn't talk to me at all. He says that he is really mad at me.

So do you think that I did the right thing or not?

What can I do to stop him from feeling mad at me?

what Kenshin5 said- this guy just seems juvenile to the point where maintaining a relationship with him would be harmful to you. not to mention totally rude and inconsiderate- he like, wasted your shaving cream after you kindly allowed him to use it, and lied to you about what he was using it for while he was at it. you have more right to be mad at him than he does at you =/ i wouldn't even worry about what he thinks; you're in college and you have things to do, who has the time and energy to put up with someone who behaves that way?

tl;dr- your actions were perfectly called for and he seems like a poor excuse for a friend, let him be mad at you. (but seeing as he's a prankster, you might want to watch your back :s)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I happen to have a problem as well:

For the past six months I've been with this chick named Hayley. When I met her, we traded some wild stories and told each other everything that's ever happened to us. Within the first two days, she told me a few different ages: 21, 17, and 16. The latter proved true, but I didn't think anything of her lying.

We went on our happy little lives for two months. Everything was perfect 'cause I was dating my dream girl (red hair, glasses, has a gothic schoolgirl outfit). One day, we were talking and she admitted that most of the stories she had told me were lies. That was actually a good thing because those stories had been pretty bad. Once again, another little red flag went up in my mind and I ignored it.

Four months in, she texts me. She has something to admit: She was hanging out alone with her "long-lost friend", her friends saw them, and said friends threatened to tell me. At first I didn't think much of it, but then I realized that if her friends had to threaten her to get her to tell me, it must have been bad.

That's where I lost it. All of my trust in her vanished, and I flat-out banned her from hanging out alone with guys. At this point, I started thinking a lot. If she had lied to me so much in the past about very important things, how could I trust her? I decided to give it some time.

Time kept going by and she had me whipped. I was only allowed to talk when she was in a good mood, my hugs were deemed inadequate at times, and if I didn't talk to her in X amount of time, she'd get upset. She continues to be this way, even today. But that's not the problem.

Enter Jessica, the chick next to me in English. We started talking a few weeks ago because we were both stuck in crappy relationships. With her, my hugs are never inadequate and she never gets mad at me for talking. I look forward to hugging her, and I could date her very soon if I wanted because her cheating ex dumped her.

But she isn't all that good. She's the scum of the earth a Juggalo. She smokes, she's a sex addict, and she does multiple kinds of drugs. Pretty much everything I stand against. I've hated her friends for years, I openly insult several of her exes, and I'm on the verge of pulling a Scott Pilgrim and fighting one of them just to make sure she's safe.

The problem: What do I do? Do I stay with the emotionally abusive chick I'm with, go to the drug-addled wannabe clown, or go back to my previous lifestyle of vengeful, meaningless sex (TSO does not approve of that)?
    ... Why don't you just be single? >_> You know that's also an option, right? You don't have to have vengeful, meaningless sex. You do have your right hand, don't you?
    Grow up a little. Where is the emotional abuse and the druggie gonna take you in life? Have you considered that having sex with many partners can and probably will give you an STI. Give yourself a break and try to find a nice mate.

what Kenshin5 said- this guy just seems juvenile to the point where maintaining a relationship with him would be harmful to you. not to mention totally rude and inconsiderate- he like, wasted your shaving cream after you kindly allowed him to use it, and lied to you about what he was using it for while he was at it. you have more right to be mad at him than he does at you =/ i wouldn't even worry about what he thinks; you're in college and you have things to do, who has the time and energy to put up with someone who behaves that way?

tl;dr- your actions were perfectly called for and he seems like a poor excuse for a friend, let him be mad at you. (but seeing as he's a prankster, you might want to watch your back :s)

Also.. >_> Request a roommate change if you can. I agree with poopnoodle on the rest.

Curious: Has ignoring her ever come into question. You can pull her aside, tell her that you don't feel good when you're around her- and just stop talking to her. Who cares if the rest of the grade is wrapped around her finger? Those people don't matter anyways. When you graduate you wont see them again so why waste your time on them? Just enjoy the moment and remember that people who bring you down also make you unhealthy in the long run- so it's best to avoid them.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Okay, so I have a major problem...

My grandad has cancer. And, sadly, he will probably not survive it. The thing is... I don't really know him. We haven't talked much, and I rarely see him (I've only seem him three times in my life: once when I was a baby, at his house a couple of years back and a couple of months ago he came to our house.) It's worse, though. Apparently, he might be getting dimentia. At the moment, it's not so bad, but... What should I do... get to know him more/visit him more, or just... do nothing? I mean, I'll be upset if he does... die. But I don't know him, so I'll get over it eventually. However, if I really get to know him, I know I'll be devistated if it does happen... :( I feel more sorry for my mum though... I mean, it is her Dad and I know she is going through hell at the moment.

I probably shouldn't have posted this on a Pokemon forum. X'D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Okay, so I have a major problem...

My grandad has cancer. And, sadly, he will probably not survive it. The thing is... I don't really know him. We haven't talked much, and I rarely see him (I've only seem him three times in my life: once when I was a baby, at his house a couple of years back and a couple of months ago he came to our house.) It's worse, though. Apparently, he might be getting dimentia. At the moment, it's not so bad, but... What should I do... get to know him more/visit him more, or just... do nothing? I mean, I'll be upset if he does... die. But I don't know him, so I'll get over it eventually. However, if I really get to know him, I know I'll be devistated if it does happen... :( I feel more sorry for my mum though... I mean, it is her Dad and I know she is going through hell at the moment.

I probably shouldn't have posted this on a Pokemon forum. X'D

death is the cold, hard truth of humanity, and although it's very difficult to deal with, facing it helps you to accept it. this choice is up to you, there's really no right or wrong decision. you could probably learn a lot from talking to a long-lived, experienced individual in the face of death; and perhaps getting to know his grandson would help him to feel fulfilled. at the same time, it'd be good to focus on helping your mom out in every way you can- i.e., carrying out small tasks for her and taking initiative around the house perhaps- no doubt she's going through a heck of a lot.

as i said, this is entirely up to you, there is no wrong path to take. my condolences to your family, and best of luck to you

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Thanks. He's in hospital at the moment, so I'll leave it for now. But I'll try and visit him at some point and get to know him better. I know death is inevitable, but I think cancer is a horrible and cruel way for it to happen... :( Also, I'd hate to see him in such a horrible state... It'll probably make the thing so much more upsetting (apparently his leg has really swelled up, and the dimentia thing I mentioned earlier.) I really hope he recovers, but... he is old... yeah. :(

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    My crush on a friend has put a tear in our relationship

I've had a crush on a guy called Jake in the year below me for quite a while now, I'm in Year 11, he's in Year 10. We started to talk quite a lot because we have a lot of close friends in common, and I'd say we've become good friends ourselves.

However, last Thursday, a girl I know told him that I fancied him; something he'd apparently suspected for a while. Since then we've both been avoiding each other a little and when we have spoken it's felt a little awkward. I'm not sure if he's gay or bisexual (he's the kind of annoying person who makes jokes and hints both ways), and I understand he might doesn't feel the same way about me as I do about him, I really do. But I don't know how I can explain it to him... or even if I should. I just want to at least be able to talk to him again.

Years
    Long Story, and Please Read all to Understand:

I know she is on a lot of forums like these, so if in case she is here, I won't mention her name. Anyway, I met her at the end of 2007, and fell in love with her at first sight. We hit it off right away, and unlike most people I know today, she doesn't think I am odd at all. At the time she had a boyfriend, followed by another one, but I didn't fret because I knew they wouldn't last.

I asked her out at the beginning of 2009, and got a yes. Happiest day of my life. There were three problems with all of this, though.

1. I was a huge jerk off. She told me I was being too simple and not loose enough, so I acted like a jerk off a lot of the time. Even though she never complained about it, I knew that I should have acted more mature.

2. I was a sissy. Aside from one kiss on the cheek, I never kissed her. This is what probably drove her away, because she probably thought that she wasn't beautiful, when in reality, she is the most beautiful person I ever met. I'm not a sissy anymore, so I would treat her with the affection she longed for.

3. I'm was and still am a social hermit. It probably has to do with not having many friends and being jumped right around the time I stopped being social. I would hang out with her now, though.

Well, all of this most likely led to her breaking up with me on her way back from Band Camp during that same summer.

We are still very good friends, even though we barely have time to talk anymore.

Now, she has a new boyfriend. His name is Tom. I personally thing Tom is the best thing in her live, and that she loves him more than she loved me. He is a nice guy and although we are just aquiantances, he is still a good person and I do not have anything against him, nor does he have anything against me.

Anyway, she has had some recent trouble with him and they have been on and off over the past month-month and a half.

She recently told me that we should hang out again, but because I'm a social hermit, I wouldn't know how to handle anything.

Now, here is what I need help with.

1. If they do in fact break up, I would like to try to woo her back to me. I know there are still some lingering feelings between us.

2. I would need help on how to get it to lead back up to that.

Any positive critisism would be greatly appreciated, and Thank you for reading.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    1. If they do in fact break up, I would like to try to woo her back to me. I know there are still some lingering feelings between us.

If they do in fact break up you may want to show a little more affection then a kiss on the cheek. That is what you give your mom not your significant other(not that there is anything wrong with a kiss on the cheek). If you truly think she is the most beautiful person then you ever met then tell her that. Don't keep your feelings bottled up, because if you do how will she ever know how you feel?

3. I'm was and still am a social hermit. It probably has to do with not having many friends and being jumped right around the time I stopped being social. I would hang out with her now, though.
    I don't understand this one. She isn't or wasn't with you because of the friends you have it is because of you. You mentioned how you have qualities of being a hermit and a jerk off but I am sure there are qualities which is what attracted her to you.

I think if you want to get back with her demonstrate the qualities that made her like you in the first place. And be open with your feelings about her, if she doesn't get any affection in return then why would she want to stay in a one way relationship. I would suggest not to act fake and act like something you aren't just to try and impress her cause she will probably see through that.

Years
    I would suggest not to act fake and act like something you aren't just to try and impress her cause she will probably see through that.
    I forgot about that.
    That was another big reason.
    How do I explain this? I'm not the most liked or attractive person and I nobody thought I would make it with her.
    I acted like someone I wasn't that whole time.

What I need help with is possibly how to fit back into the social scene.

Years
    So the girl I've been interested in (might or not be an understatement) for years suddenly has a boyfriend. And I feel terrible right now. And hate his guts while not knowing more than his name, but that's natural I guess.
    So, what would be the best way to detect and murder him and get away with it?
    Any advice how I can get over it?

Spoiler:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    So the girl I've been interested in (might or not be an understatement) for years suddenly has a boyfriend. And I feel terrible right now. And hate his guts while not knowing more than his name, but that's natural I guess.
    So, what would be the best way to detect and murder him and get away with it?
    Any advice how I can get over it?

Spoiler:

Sucks but you're just gonna have to deal. It'd be unwise to try and find someone else because they might just end up being a rebound victim. :/ Also.. it's not very healthy to "hate" someone just because they managed to get the girl you like. Resentment is no good and wont help you get over it. Take it as a lesson; if you have feelings for someone you should let them know instead of letting it fester.

I'd preoccupy myself with other goals.. whether that be a personal goal you want to accomplish.. or one to help family or friends.. or just stuff for self-betterment like doing more in school. Maybe learn something new or take up a new hobby. The best thing you can do is be productive, and the worst thing you can do is dwell.

Good luck!

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    Is it a good idea to stop falling in love?
    I'm tired of liking guys just so they can chase another girl, dump me, or disappear. Also, none of them seem to accept me for who I am. I've been in numerous dates and relationships just to get tossed to the side because of some ******** [sorry for the cussing, this is how frustrated I am].

I would like some insight on this overly-complicated subject.

Years
    Is it a good idea to stop falling in love?
    I'm tired of liking guys just so they can chase another girl, dump me, or disappear. Also, none of them seem to accept me for who I am. I've been in numerous dates and relationships just to get tossed to the side because of some ******** [sorry for the cussing, this is how frustrated I am].

I would like some insight on this overly-complicated subject.
    I see it as that you can't just fall in love. You have to know the person for a long time before you start caring about them so much that you "love" them.
    So, if you are so perplexed about falling in love, then yes, it is a good idea for you too not fall in love. Make a friendship relationship before you or they take it to the next level.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back