• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Is it a good idea to stop falling in love?
    I'm tired of liking guys just so they can chase another girl, dump me, or disappear. Also, none of them seem to accept me for who I am. I've been in numerous dates and relationships just to get tossed to the side because of some ******** [sorry for the cussing, this is how frustrated I am].

I would like some insight on this overly-complicated subject.

No, it's not a good idea to suppress your feelings. And if they don't accept you for who you are you should talk to them or, if they continue to be inconsiderate, should dump them- simple.
    Just because your heart is there doesn't mean that gives them the right to abuse you. Know when it's right to take a stand and mature a little.

Life is not ALL about needing to find love. Just let it come and learn from every experience. Don't always take it as such a negative thing and next time you'll have a better outlook for the next relationship you find yourself in.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    Problem is, it's the only thing that makes me happy now. If I can't have it, I'd rather be "soulless". I don't like the idea of having "distractions" because in the end, it doesn't last... =[

Years
    By chance, are you social?
    Try hanging out with your friends more. I used to be the exact same way, but that's because I felt the same way as you and I wasn't hanging out with my friends anymore. I still don't hang out with a lot of my friends, but getting back into the scene slowly will make you feel better.
    Anyway, you'll have more of a feeling of happiness when you can relate with people, and then you won't need to depend on love to make yourself feel better.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Problem is, it's the only thing that makes me happy now. If I can't have it, I'd rather be "soulless". I don't like the idea of having "distractions" because in the end, it doesn't last... =[

No, I think you're just putting emphasis on it because you see it as something that everyone else has but you're lacking. There are probably plenty of things that make you happy- watching your favorite TV show, eating a tasty meal, etc.
    And it's that. "If you can't have it, you'd rather be 'soulless.'" And that screams immaturity in relationships. You could very well be mature in other aspects, but clutching to the hope of someone else being there for you and loving you right here and right now is very unrealistic. You don't need a partner to feel alive.

I think it's your current mindset that is your biggest problem with relationships, trying to find someone, and trying to keep someone. You need to give it an honest rest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back