• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    i got a problem i need help with

i like this one guy and he likes me too but he's waiting till we know eachother a little better to ask me out but idk i just wanna ask him like 2maro or w.e should i wait til he asks me or wat?

Years
    its kinda embarrasing to have a chick slap your face and run off crying in front of everyone. if i ever have to do this again. (not doubting it) ill do it face to face
    ill do softly tho

Zet

Years
    its kinda embarrasing to have a chick slap your face and run off crying in front of everyone. if i ever have to do this again. (not doubting it) ill do it face to face
    ill do softly tho
    no, no msn at all, man up and take the slap(that is if it happens) you'll get no where in life if you keep hiding behind the internet or someone else, and who said you have to do it everyone of everyone? just go around the corner and talk to her, not that hard

Years
    no, no msn at all, man up and take the slap(that is if it happens) you'll get no where in life if you keep hiding behind the internet or someone else, and who said you have to do it everyone of everyone? just go around the corner and talk to her, not that hard

ok thanks mate. ill do that.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Eheh. I have a silly teenage problem. xD;;. Caution, up ahead lies a bit of a strange and complex situation written in detail just an idea of the feel of the circumstances.

So, I don't exactly hate but I don't like my female classmates either. None of them are good students, they all have shallow, inambitious personalities and the only thing they can talk (or scream about- they are quite loud..) about is how --ty the smallest thing is, how gay it is for two guys just to play wrestle, or what's going on in that soap opera. Therefore, I am the odd girl out in my classroom as I am serious about my studies, I like video games and anime and I don't like to raise my voice. Because of my interests, I noticed that in class I spend most of my time talking to the guys. During breaktime, I spend my time with two sisters from a lower grade, and we're good friends, but I never ever really click with the girls in my class.

There are fourteen in my class, with five girls and nine guys, counting myself. Though they do mix, most of the time the guys stick to the guys and the girls stick to the girls. Which makes it awkward for me, since I don't want to be alienated from the group of girls but I have fun hanging out with the guys too. I can bear with it, though. My real problem is this: I like this guy, very much. I care about him, I like working with him on school projects because he's a hardworking, ambitious person while also being a funny guy. However, like everyone else in the class, he's also concerned about keeping up an 'appearance' for the rest of the class. When it is just the two of us talking to each other, he's casual and talks to me normally, though usually he can't talk for long. When he's around friends, however, I notice that he's quite rude to me at times when I approach him.

I understand this, of course. My class is pretty immature when it comes to relationships- you hang out with a person of the opposite gender, by the next day the word has gone around that you two are 'deep in love' and a potential strong platonic relationship is ruined. And because the person I like is always surrounded by the tight circle of his friends, it's almost impossible to catch him alone. So I take whatever chance I get to get to know him better, and we're somewhat friends from these efforts, but he doesn't know I like him- at least I don't think so.

However, my girl classmates know that I like him. They're not very experienced with romance, however, so often they're bad at giving advice regarding it, and tease me about my affections. They throw out hints all the time in front of everybody, which unnerves me greatly. It's very annoying, actually.

Earlier today, school got out, and my female classmate asked me, "Why do you like him anyway? Are you desperate? You're desperate, aren't you.." And I hate that word 'desperate'. Her words left me disturbed. I'm a very affectionate person, I hang out with guys and I know many guys who are close, platonic friends of mine. So even in this circumstance when it'd be a better idea to hang out with the tight clique of girls to avoid conflict, why do I care about this guy so much and why am I 'hanging' with these dudes? I like it when I work hard and get good praise for it, and I soak up compliments from others very happily, and I'm wondering if these are actions to deal with a low self-esteem problem.

The bottom line is, I'm wondering if I'm desperate for affection and a feeling of self-worth. I've been thinking about it very carefully since my classmate suggested it. You don't have to tackle every single issue I've presented in this thesis of a post, but I'd really like to know if it's normal to want a some love. I can live without it, but I really would like to have someone to feel mutual romantic emotions towards myself. It's made me very confused..

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Eheh. I have a silly teenage problem. xD;;. Caution, up ahead lies a bit of a strange and complex situation written in detail just an idea of the feel of the circumstances.

So, I don't exactly hate but I don't like my female classmates either. None of them are good students, they all have shallow, inambitious personalities and the only thing they can talk (or scream about- they are quite loud..) about is how --ty the smallest thing is, how gay it is for two guys just to play wrestle, or what's going on in that soap opera. Therefore, I am the odd girl out in my classroom as I am serious about my studies, I like video games and anime and I don't like to raise my voice. Because of my interests, I noticed that in class I spend most of my time talking to the guys. During breaktime, I spend my time with two sisters from a lower grade, and we're good friends, but I never ever really click with the girls in my class.

There are fourteen in my class, with five girls and nine guys, counting myself. Though they do mix, most of the time the guys stick to the guys and the girls stick to the girls. Which makes it awkward for me, since I don't want to be alienated from the group of girls but I have fun hanging out with the guys too. I can bear with it, though. My real problem is this: I like this guy, very much. I care about him, I like working with him on school projects because he's a hardworking, ambitious person while also being a funny guy. However, like everyone else in the class, he's also concerned about keeping up an 'appearance' for the rest of the class. When it is just the two of us talking to each other, he's casual and talks to me normally, though usually he can't talk for long. When he's around friends, however, I notice that he's quite rude to me at times when I approach him.

I understand this, of course. My class is pretty immature when it comes to relationships- you hang out with a person of the opposite gender, by the next day the word has gone around that you two are 'deep in love' and a potential strong platonic relationship is ruined. And because the person I like is always surrounded by the tight circle of his friends, it's almost impossible to catch him alone. So I take whatever chance I get to get to know him better, and we're somewhat friends from these efforts, but he doesn't know I like him- at least I don't think so.

However, my girl classmates know that I like him. They're not very experienced with romance, however, so often they're bad at giving advice regarding it, and tease me about my affections. They throw out hints all the time in front of everybody, which unnerves me greatly. It's very annoying, actually.

Earlier today, school got out, and my female classmate asked me, "Why do you like him anyway? Are you desperate? You're desperate, aren't you.." And I hate that word 'desperate'. Her words left me disturbed. I'm a very affectionate person, I hang out with guys and I know many guys who are close, platonic friends of mine. So even in this circumstance when it'd be a better idea to hang out with the tight clique of girls to avoid conflict, why do I care about this guy so much and why am I 'hanging' with these dudes? I like it when I work hard and get good praise for it, and I soak up compliments from others very happily, and I'm wondering if these are actions to deal with a low self-esteem problem.

The bottom line is, I'm wondering if I'm desperate for affection and a feeling of self-worth. I've been thinking about it very carefully since my classmate suggested it. You don't have to tackle every single issue I've presented in this thesis of a post, but I'd really like to know if it's normal to want a some love. I can live without it, but I really would like to have someone to feel mutual romantic emotions towards myself. It's made me very confused..
    Not at all. You're not desperate. You're a perfectly normal young lady. I happen to feel the same way sometimes and in school I hated putting on a facade. Unfortunately for me, most of the class I had to put up with were so immature that I never had many friends.

Those girls aren't your friends, and you'd do well to remember that. A good friend doesn't make fun of you. Also it may be time for you to take a stand against the status quo, have a talk with the guy and actually let him know the same. If the other guys desert him just because he likes you, a girl, as a very close friend, then they really aren't his friends either. Be yourself. Don't let crowd ruin things for you. In the end, it'll earn you respect.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Well, I'm pretty much scared for my Uncle right now,he has a blood clot in his legs,the doctors say if it get's to his brain it could cause him to die,I'm very scared at the moment I wish I could do something to help him,but I can't,he's one of the best Uncle's I've had,I go over every two weeks to check on him to see if he's alright,I just really need somebody to talk too you know,and I'm very nervous.

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
    Well, I'm pretty much scared for my Uncle right now,he has a blood clot in his legs,the doctors say if it get's to his brain it could cause him to die,I'm very scared at the moment I wish I could do something to help him,but I can't,he's one of the best Uncle's I've had,I go over every two weeks to check on him to see if he's alright,I just really need somebody to talk too you know,and I'm very nervous.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle :( I understand that it must be very hard on you at the moment...I was going through something similar sometime last year. All you can do is Persevere, and trust that he doctors will help him recover. ^_^ And of course, you should see him regularly, like you say. I'm sure he could do with talking to you! ^^

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    I'm Having Girl Troubles...

Ok. I have a problem, and like most dudes my age, it's a girl problem. Here's the story:

There's this girl at school. I only have one class with her, and that's 4th period. We've been sitting together and talking since September, and overtime, I've started to develop feelings for her. I've been getting signs that she might have feelings for me too, like when I gave a speech one day, I happened to notice her smiling at me. And this was only with me too. Another day, I could've sworn she was about to tell me she liked me, but the bell rang. And then later on, we got new seating arrangements, and now we're not sitting next to each other anymore. We're on like two different sides of the room. It's hard for me to get a chance to talk to her now. The only times we get to talk is if we get into the same group, or at dismissal. I don't see her much around the school either. But there's just something about her that feels right to me. I'm just being told "She's the one! She's the one!" all the time...

What should I do now? I need tips... :(

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    From a girl: I'd say you should probably ask her out. You might say 'But I'm not sure she likes me!' Well, how much other stuff has she done to subtlely tell you she likes you? If it's nothing else, find out more about if she likes you or not, watch for more. Does she start up convos with you just to talk? Does she laugh at everything you say that's even slightly optimistic? Does she want to spend time with you outside of that period? If she does, she probably likes you and you should just ask her out.

Keep me updated, this sounds interesting.

You could actually just ask if she wants to see a movie sometime. If she says something like 'sorry, but i don't like you that way' you can just blow it off with a 'Oh, I didn't really mean it that way! I meant as friends.' Ta-dah. Yayz.

star88

colour blind artist [no joke]
    Years
    Ok. I have a problem, and like most dudes my age, it's a girl problem. Here's the story:

There's this girl at school. I only have one class with her, and that's 4th period. We've been sitting together and talking since September, and overtime, I've started to develop feelings for her. I've been getting signs that she might have feelings for me too, like when I gave a speech one day, I happened to notice her smiling at me. And this was only with me too. Another day, I could've sworn she was about to tell me she liked me, but the bell rang. And then later on, we got new seating arrangements, and now we're not sitting next to each other anymore. We're on like two different sides of the room. It's hard for me to get a chance to talk to her now. The only times we get to talk is if we get into the same group, or at dismissal. I don't see her much around the school either. But there's just something about her that feels right to me. I'm just being told "She's the one! She's the one!" all the time...

when you do talk does she say that you or stuff you say is cute or sweet. that is often a hint that some girls use.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Awwh, I'm really sorry to hear that BrightFer. =[
    I know you must be very anxious for him, as you stated. Remember, just stay strong, enjoy and savour every moment you have with him, and don't be scared to express your love for him!
    If you ever need someone to talk to, I'll always be here. You can drop off a PM/VM or something anytime. n___n

I've definitely heard something like this before! Well, since you're the guy, it's most likely going to be you who's going to have to decide what to do. You might want to confront her and just talk, althought as you stated, that's a bit hard. Maybe ask for her msn? I know that talking on msn usually makes people a lot closer, especially the people who don't get a chance to talk at school! But seriously, if you feel that she's realy the one you like, go for it! Just don't let it linger for too long, or else if she finds someone else or loses her interest, you might be feeling a lot of regret for not doing something when she was still interested.
    From a girl: I'd say you should probably ask her out. You might say 'But I'm not sure she likes me!' Well, how much other stuff has she done to subtlely tell you she likes you? If it's nothing else, find out more about if she likes you or not, watch for more. Does she start up convos with you just to talk? Does she laugh at everything you say that's even slightly optimistic? Does she want to spend time with you outside of that period? If she does, she probably likes you and you should just ask her out.

Keep me updated, this sounds interesting.

You could actually just ask if she wants to see a movie sometime. If she says something like 'sorry, but i don't like you that way' you can just blow it off with a 'Oh, I didn't really mean it that way! I meant as friends.' Ta-dah. Yayz.
    I agree with what Ratiosu said, this is great advice n___n Especially the movie part. You should try it out! :3

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
    Maybe ask for her msn? I know that talking on msn usually makes people a lot closer, especially the people who don't get a chance to talk at school!

Too damn true. MSN saved the lives of many of my own relationships XD Yet i don't have it any more...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back