• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

I'm officially a wreck. My dad is leaving my mom. It's done for them. She stole money from his bank account to help some guy she's probably in an affair with.

I need some help/advice. Please? I tried begging my dad not to go, but its not gonna work out.
    As much as it's hard to come to terms with, it's usually worse if a couple that don't want to be together are forced to. Give it time, but remember they are still your parents and love you the same.
    Good luck, though.

Kidpunk, you might want to try and teach some friends to play. Have you got any spare guitars they can use?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

I'm officially a wreck. My dad is leaving my mom. It's done for them. She stole money from his bank account to help some guy she's probably in an affair with.

I need some help/advice. Please? I tried begging my dad not to go, but its not gonna work out.

It seems you like your dad a lot, can you not go with him? Just because it didn't work out between him and your mum dosn't mean it will affect your relationship with him.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    It seems you like your dad a lot, can you not go with him? Just because it didn't work out between him and your mum dosn't mean it will affect your relationship with him.

Well, he's not really my dad. He's my step dad, but he's the only dad I have ever had. I don't think he has custody over my brother and I, and he had done this to two previous wives before. I'm more afraid of how we're going to survive. My mom didn't finish school, where as my step dad finished high school. If he's gone, I don't know how we'll be stable.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years

Well, he's not really my dad. He's my step dad, but he's the only dad I have ever had. I don't think he has custody over my brother and I, and he had done this to two previous wives before. I'm more afraid of how we're going to survive. My mom didn't finish school, where as my step dad finished high school. If he's gone, I don't know how we'll be stable.

I am sure he won't forget about you. He may be leaving your mother but he may still want to be in contact with you as it sounds like he has know you for a long time.

It doesn't matter about whether your mom finished school or not. If she is in a stable job and you want to carry on with school there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to you.

It was hard when my parents split at first but after a while I got used to it. The start of the break up is always the worst, but it is down to the two people and trying to convince them to stay together won't help as they won't change there mind and you will feel worse as you have asked them to stay together but they haven't, which can cause you feeling like they don't care about your feelings when they do and they feel that this is for the best.

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
    If that is the case, Vanilla Kitsune, i think you can get like, money from the government to help support if you're unstable in finances..might be more to it than that

but i hope things go well for you in the meantime..:)

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I'm a senior in high school and college planning is really getting on my nerves. All the stupid financial aid and housing I have to apply for if I want to go to the college I want, Northern Arizona Univ btw. Then I have to deal with my annoying parents who are getting pissed because I want to leave.
    Whatever

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    I have problems falling asleep which takes a toll on my well-being. I always wake up in the morning generally feeling like crap because I've been laying in bed and awake at 2:00 AM, not even feeling tired. It takes me at least four hours to start feeling better in the morning.

I've tried warm milk, a hot bath, meditation, breathing exercises, lying in a different position, eating nothing four hours before bed, chamomile tea, and resting on wet towels, along with other things. Does anybody have any other remedies or advice? Right now, I'm definitely considering seeing a doctor on this issue...

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    my cousin has the same issue, sometimes he doesnt even sleep though, one thing you should try is see a doctor, maybe it has something to do with your metabolism.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I have problems falling asleep which takes a toll on my well-being. I always wake up in the morning generally feeling like crap because I've been laying in bed and awake at 2:00 AM, not even feeling tired. It takes me at least four hours to start feeling better in the morning.

I've tried warm milk, a hot bath, meditation, breathing exercises, lying in a different position, eating nothing four hours before bed, chamomile tea, and resting on wet towels, along with other things. Does anybody have any other remedies or advice? Right now, I'm definitely considering seeing a doctor on this issue...

Meh, I had a tendency to fall asleep at 3 and wake up at 7 feeling fine. All I did was stay in PC.

What I do recommend. Is that you drink:
    C0Ffe3!

If you haven't yet. If you have, make sure it sin't Decaf.

If all else fails... You seriously need to see a doctor. I'm just a regular person.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    my cousin has the same issue, sometimes he doesnt even sleep though, one thing you should try is see a doctor, maybe it has something to do with your metabolism.

well i know lack of sleep messes with your metabolism, it slows it down so everytime you eat something it takes longer for your body to break it down, but i dont know if it is connected to it

Years
    My gf is really annoyed ( as in im gonna dump u if u do it again kinda annoyed) at me because she saw me looking at some other girl funny.
    i never liked her and she is driving me insane but i dont wanna dump her.
    what do i do?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I've been really depressed all my vacation from my University. First off, my parents decided (after months of planning and deposits) they said I can't go to Japan in the Spring because they don't think the group I'm doing it with is legit. Next, I am trying to do my transfer applications since I hate my college, but I am too scared and think there is no way I am going to get in. I feel like I am completely stuck and don't know what to do.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    My gf is really annoyed ( as in im gonna dump u if u do it again kinda annoyed) at me because she saw me looking at some other girl funny.
    i never liked her and she is driving me insane but i dont wanna dump her.
    what do i do?
    In my age-old wisdom, it seems wrong to still be with her even though you don't like her. You're leading her on, and will only hurt her someway, no matter what you do.

Besides, you're young. It's not like she's going to be the only girl you will ever go out with. You can let her go find someone that will like her for her, and you can actually be with someone that you actually like. It'll be better and healthier for you two to break up instead of being in a relationship where one person really doesn't care for the other person.

Before that, you could talk things out with her. But if she's going to dump you for looking at another girl, she might not be secure in the relationship to even put some energy into saving it.

Then again, I'm bitter.

-

Capt. Couch, try to listen to relaxing music before you fall asleep. Not only will it calm you, it'll also clear your mind if you focus on it. Make sure that your room is completely dark. Try to fall asleep at the same time. And really don't drink coffee, or any caffeine at all during the day if you can, because that can keep you up. You could also try exercising more, since that'll tire you out physically.

If you still can't get to sleep, then go to see your doctor. There might be something else going on.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Nah. If he breaks up with her first, then asks her best friend out later, he should be fine.

Personally I wouldnt stay with a woman who didnt trust me. Ditch her as soon as you can. (bonus points if you can do it softly)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Next, I am trying to do my transfer applications since I hate my college, but I am too scared and think there is no way I am going to get in. I feel like I am completely stuck and don't know what to do.

Why would you not apply? You'll never know if you'll get in or not unless you try, you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain. Do you have a Connexions officer that you can speak to? I've found them to be really helpful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back