• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam.Is.Dead.

All's Well That Ends Well
    Years
    So, I have been dating this girl for ten months and last night she just left me, didnt give me a reason why, it hurts alot, idk what to do at all, whether i should move on, wait to see if she wants me back in a few days. Its probably the hardest thing im going through right now and not even all the things that make me smile on a daily basis have been able to, not music, not my friends, not anything... All i can think about is, all the memories i made with her and how great my life was til after reading one text message it all went spiralling down to hell, any advice is thankful, i just wanna know what to do.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
    Years
    I'm starting to see why so many people are aggravated with you...

Oh yes, because school and parents are so incredibly stressful. Escaping all that by taking the money from others just due to your situation is the easy way out. You're bound to get far that way.

...not. Honestly, anytime someone here tries to give you advise, you continue on with your horrible plan. I don't see why you're bothering telling us about your problem if you're not willing to at least consider the fact that your plan is, to be blunt, rather thoughtless and immature. You're 19 years old, you're not 9. Stop carrying over this helpless attitude that your life sucks and that you don't know how to fix it.

You're not interested in doing what we suggested, so why continue trying to seek our help? It's getting incredibly irritating and so many people have tried to help you but you continue the "I'm right, lulllzzzz" attitude you have, despite knowing nothing about what you're getting into. Because what you're planning to do is something that's going to ruin your life and you're going to regret it.

Maybe that's what you need. A slap of reality because you clearly don't have enough of that in your life. Grow up.

You don't know what it's like to feel trapped in one spot with no way out, against your will. You don't know my parents. My dad used to beat me while my mom made me felt so guilty, I cried. THAT's how they parent, not just me, but my little sister and my little brother.

I'll do what people suggest me as long as it leaves my parents out of the question. If my parents found out ANYTHING I'm going through, I might as well be dead... That's pretty much all it comes down to because if I'm put on meds again, I will kill myself... I can't go through that again...

Immuture? You may think so because we're two different people. You don't know what I go through on a daily basis.

Look... I need answers from people who don't resort to posting rude comments and thinking I'm acting like a child when I'm trying to make a choice between life and death.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    So, I have been dating this girl for ten months and last night she just left me, didnt give me a reason why, it hurts alot, idk what to do at all, whether i should move on, wait to see if she wants me back in a few days. Its probably the hardest thing im going through right now and not even all the things that make me smile on a daily basis have been able to, not music, not my friends, not anything... All i can think about is, all the memories i made with her and how great my life was til after reading one text message it all went spiralling down to hell, any advice is thankful, i just wanna know what to do.
    Text message? Move on, she's clearly not worth the anguish. There are plenty of Magikarp splashing around in the ocean.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013

She broke up with you via text message? ;___; that's horrible.... First off. *huggles* Second off, I'd give it a few days to sorta blow over [the 3 days idea was good] but if she blows you off for trying to talk to her again, you're just going to have to try, as best you can, to just take steps forward. Time won't heal your wounds totally but it'll get easier as the days keep on going. Maybe talk to your best buddies about it too? It's always okay to talk about your feelings. ;--;

You don't know what it's like to feel trapped in one spot with no way out, against your will. You don't know my parents. My dad used to beat me while my mom made me felt so guilty, I cried. THAT's how they parent, not just me, but my little sister and my little brother.

>>; Hun you know my opinions on alot of this but you aren't the only person to be beaten and you aren't the only one with a horrible childhood. Using it as an excuse is just going to give more people ammunition to go after you.

I'll do what people suggest me as long as it leaves my parents out of the question. If my parents found out ANYTHING I'm going through, I might as well be dead... That's pretty much all it comes down to because if I'm put on meds again, I will kill myself... I can't go through that again...

On your parents finding out, you do realize that PokeCommunity is Google-able? Be careful how much you reveal on the internet, nothing's ever as private as it seems.

On the second part of it, I still think you should seek help from people who aren't 14 - 22 years old. :/ We can offer advice and a shoulder to cry on but we're really not the people you should be using to decide what you do from day to day. That's just not going to work in the long run, I've learned that the hard way. :<

Immuture? You may think so because we're two different people. You don't know what I go through on a daily basis.

Do you know what he goes through on a daily basis? That comment, saying that he can't understand because he's not you is irrelevant. We can say we empathise with eachother but each person has to live their own lives and their lives and their drama and their issues are different from everyone elses in the whole wide world really. :< You can't look at Suzy and tell her to man up just because she's struggling with something you've 'overcome'. People have issues. Nobody's perfect.

Saying "MY PROBLEMS ARE WORSE THAN YOUR PROBLEMS" is redundant and it comes across as immature. We're not in nursery school hun, we're a bit too old for the constant one-up game. :< I know you're just trying to be heard, but you're acting like you have the worst problems in the whole wide world which makes people feel insignificant and offended because you're making them feel insignificant.

Look... I need answers from people who don't resort to posting rude comments and thinking I'm acting like a child when I'm trying to make a choice between life and death.

If that's how you feel, why'd you post something here again? I understand why you posted it elsewhere because you're dealing with a different crowd on that other site but you got slaughtered last time you posted this here. Again, average age of PokeCommunity is Highschool - College.

:< Not to mention anyone can read this with a couple google searches.

If you want "mature" people, you need to find people older than you because you're not getting anywhere here. Again. Highschool - College age. There's also the fact that you've repeatedly ignored people older than you who are simply trying to help you [Lightning for one] and who know more than you because they're older than you. If you don't want to listen and give an ear to all the advice you get and if you don't want to stress yourself out further, don't keep posting this stuff on PC. You have to be able to take the in good and the bad and at least respond respectfully when people give you advice, even if you don't agree with it. When you respond so negatively to everything constructive people say, it makes them angry and it makes people respond in harsher ways.

Like I've told you before, take a step back from it and look for smaller steps to happiness instead of huge leaps. You're setting yourself up for misery and failure and not looking at the little glints of light I know are all around you. ;; I hate to see you tearing yourself so up by all of this but, again like I've said before, I'm not really qualified to help you.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Try to actually read my post, reflect on it, then reply. Opposed to wanting to defend whatever I'm saying and make more excuses... because we all know how that's going to be. It'll end up with you getting nowhere.

And... you don't know my parents. Who's to say that I haven't had a worse childhood than that? Lately, it has been improving dramatically, but when my dad feels that he doesn't have the money to support my brothers and I, he turns into a completely different person and there's no one around here that can help him get out of it. The only person who could would be my mother, who died. You're acting like you're the only one in the world who has a problem and putting that in your top priority at the current point in time. Granted deciding between going to college and not is a difficult choice, one that will affect the rest of your life, you'd think that when so many people in this community (especially Mika) have tried to help you, have tried to reason with you, have tried to give you options, that you'd realize that your only choice in life is not to move in with your boyfriend and live off of money that is ultimately given by other people. You're not a little girl anymore, you know. This choice alone should not have waited until after you graduated from high school. This is something you should have been thinking about all your life. It could very well be one of the most important decisions in somebody's life.

You're resorting to suicide over one choice (out of so many others) in life and questioning me calling you immature? You're acting like your parents are never going to find out about whatever the choice you do make when they are. They're probably going to find out sooner rather than later, and most likely, they do know what's going on with you already. Parents aren't these stupid little things anymore that raise you until you're 18 and don't want anything to do with you. Clearly your parents care about you or they wouldn't be putting so much pressure on you. Regardless of what happened in your past, the past is the past and there is nothing that you can do to change it. You can sit there and think about how horrible of a childhood you had, or you can let it shape you. You can let it make you become a better person and say "Hey, I don't want to have kids and treat them like that. I want to be able to provide for them in a way my parents couldn't provide for me. I want to make sure that my children live happy childhoods and see that I care for them more than anything in the world."

Immature? You may think so because we're two different people. You don't know what I go through on a daily basis.
    That right there is what makes you immature. Saying that nobody knows what you go through and acting like you have the worst possible life you could have when in fact you don't. You don't have the worst life you could have, and there are many many people out there who don't even have parents. There are people out there who don't have a privilege to go to college. After all, going to college is not at all a right. It's a privilege. If you don't want to take advantage of that privilege, so be it. The ultimate decision rests on your shoulders, however. The way I see it, the only thing stopping you from going to college is the fact that you don't want to do it because that's what your mother wants you to do. You're going to ruin your future if you do something as selfish such as that. There are colleges all around the world. Apply to one close to the ones you care about because that obviously seems important to you. But at the same time, ask yourself what you're going to lose if you don't decide to go to college. Think of all the open doors that would be shut closed right before you if you skip going to college. Not the mention how you're going to look at the decision in the long run. This is not a short term decision. Once you make a decision of going to college or not, your life changes completely. Regardless of the decision you make.

Hardly life and death. You're trying to make a choice between going to college and spending the rest of your life with your boyfriend. I'd hardly call that life and death; don't be so dramatic. Besides, you posted here pages ago. So many people have tried to help you in these pages, you turned down every single one of them with an excuse that came out of nowhere, and you expect people to smile about it? No. I was simply saying what so many other people were begging to say, but didn't have the heart to do so due to the fact that you were in such a problematic time in your life. But in reality, this is only such a bing as a problem as you're making it out to be. You're overdramatizing the situation, saying that if you do something, you're going to die, compared to if you do something else, your life won't be the same. You think school is hard, try living on your own. If you're not ready for moving onto higher education, what makes you think you're ready to live on your own? You think you can just move into his mothers house and expect her to treat you like royalty or something? I highly doubt she's that nice. Eventually, cases such as these always end up the same way. The one you're moving into draws the line when you do something to piss them off and they throw out an ultimatum. What would you do if you didn't have the ability to get a decent paying job when that ultimatum was finally given? Nothing. You would find someone else to take you in and do the same thing over again.

My point is. If you decide not to go to college just because you don't want your mother to think she's won, you're being very vain and very selfish. Sometimes, you have to "pull one for the team", so to speak. The team being the people who you want to spend the rest of your life with. The people you care about. The people who care about you. I assure you, you not going to college is going to be something that, to be frank, will ruin your life. And if you think childhood is hard... what makes you think adulthood is any easier? Adulthood is far harder than childhood, especially when you're living alone with a family. College is the transaction as far as I'm concerned between childhood and adulthood. It prepares you for what's behind getting that college degree. It prepares you to a little game known as life that we all have will be playing one day.

Clearly I'm not here to attack you or I wouldn't have wasted ten or so minutes out of my day to try to show you something as there's a difference between being rude and being honest.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Hyper Chibi Absol, it sounds to me like you came to this thread for pity instead of advice. Believe it or not, you're not the only facing obstacles. Your situation is pretty trivial compared to what many people endure on a daily basis. You should channel all the energy you're using to feel sorry for yourself towards those who are seriously suffering. Take a look at the issues in Darfur and Tanzania and compare your petty, easily resolved dilemma to their daily lives.

I'd love to help you, really. I just don't have a lot of compassion for someone who asks for help, receives advice, and turns it down with poor excuses and cheesy theatrics.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I know this isn't really a problem for you guys but I have a problem on knowing if a girl likes me? Any hints or something?

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
    Years
    Well, if they talk to you a lot and seem happy to be around you/talk to you. Then there's a good chance they like you. They don't necessarily need to "hit" on you. It all depends on the personality of the girl I suppose.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, if they talk to you a lot and seem happy to be around you/talk to you. Then there's a good chance they like you. They don't necessarily need to "hit" on you. It all depends on the personality of the girl I suppose.
    Well, the thing is I never had a GF before so i'm not sure, and I'm ugly T-T. I don't want to ruin the friendship by asking them out and them saying no.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Yes, actually its two girls, I like both of them and yes I talk to them both and they talk to me lol.

Well, that's good...you've at least got a head start (I can't tell you how many of my friends have come to me about someone they don't even associate with).

Awkward glances are always reliable signs. The way they talk to you can be good signals, depending on their levels of confidence. Is she giggly and flirty, is she shy, is she aggressive? Does she try to be around you? Does she tease you? Those are all signs, but try not to get the wrong idea. Compare the way they act around other people to how they act towards you.

Try to figure out which one likes you, and if they both end up confessing their undying love for you ...there's your next problem. (Unless you're all ok with a three-way relationship o_0) In that case, spend more time with each of them and try to work out the pros and cons between them both.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Well, that's good...you've at least got a head start (I can't tell you how many of my friends have come to me about someone they don't even associate with).

Awkward glances are always reliable signs. The way they talk to you can be good signals, depending on their levels of confidence. Is she giggly and flirty, is she shy, is she aggressive? Does she try to be around you? Does she tease you? Those are all signs, but try not to get the wrong idea. Compare the way they act around other people to how they act towards you.

Try to figure out which one likes you, and if they both end up confessing their undying love for you ...there's your next problem. (Unless you're all ok with a three-way relationship o_0) In that case, spend more time with each of them and try to work out the pros and cons between them both.
    She is not giggly but she stares at me a lot then looks away and smiles when I talk to her, and the to her one talks to me a LOT and toches all my things and likes grabbing things from me lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    She is not giggly but she stares at me a lot then looks away and smiles when I talk to her, and the to her one talks to me a LOT and toches all my things and likes grabbing things from me lol

Sounds pretty flirtatious. Do either of them treat other (insert your gender here)s differently?

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
    Years
    Well, you have to be careful with that. Because there are a lot girls that just like flirting and don't want a relationship. But there are those who are flirting because they want to. It's quite complicated. I never knew if my ex liked me or not for sure. I was pretty sure she did, but I couldn't be too sure just in case. So one day she just told me she liked me, so then I knew. So imo, if they like you that much, they will tell you.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Sounds pretty flirtatious. Do either of them treat other (insert your gender here)s differently?
    I'm a boy, and (lets call them girl 1 and 2) Girl 1 is shy but not to me sicne I known her for 2 yrs and she says no to 99% of people asking her out and girl number 2, I met last week and she does that to most boys but more to me lol.

Well, you have to be careful with that. Because there are a lot girls that just like flirting and don't want a relationship. But there are those who are flirting because they want to. It's quite complicated. I never knew if my ex liked me or not for sure. I was pretty sure she did, but I couldn't be too sure just in case. So one day she just told me she liked me, so then I knew. So imo, if they like you that much, they will tell you.
    Yea, I know T-T. But im ugly lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I'm a boy, and (lets call them girl 1 and 2) Girl 1 is shy but not to me sicne I known her for 2 yrs and she says no to 99% of people asking her out and girl number 2, I met last week and she does that to most boys but more to me lol.

Try to be understanding of Girl 1's situation...perhaps there's something more to her constant dismissal of boyfriend applications. Since you are close to her, maybe asking why she doesn't date will cause her to open up to you and see that you're someone she can count on emotionally, thus gradually building a stronger relationship between the both of you. Are you absolutely sure Girl 2 acts this way mostly to you? When she does, just keep your cool. Be self-confident, but don't try too hard. Girl 1 is probs your best bet, but you always have a chance with either.

Um, I disagree. Girls are generally more self-conscious than guys...it all depend on the individual's level of self-confidence.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    It doesn't matter if you're considered "ugly", if either girl is interested in you, they'll overlook this "ugliness".

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
    Years

Try to be understanding of Girl 1's situation...perhaps there's something more to her constant dismissal of boyfriend applications. Since you are close to her, maybe asking why she doesn't date will cause her to open up to you and see that you're someone she can count on emotionally, thus gradually building a stronger relationship between the both of you. Are you absolutely sure Girl 2 acts this way mostly to you? When she does, just keep your cool. Be self-confident, but don't try too hard. Girl 1 is probs your best bet, but you always have a chance with either.

Um, I disagree. Girls are generally more self-conscious than guys...it all depend on the individual's level of self-confidence.

Yeah, you're probably right. I have really low self-confidence lol. So she probably realized she had to tell me for anything to happen. Which she did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back