• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michii

as in Mishy
Years
  • My little chiuaua, Benette, got hit by a car today.

I was watching Pokemon, and he whined to go outside, to do "business".

We live in an apartment house, which was recently built. Our landlord and some workers were working on the unfinished section of the basement, and the gate was wide open, unknown to me.

We live off of Route 110, a very, very busy road. Benette was only 1 year old, and didn't know any better.

By the time I let him out to do business, I hadn't known the gate was open. Thus I assumed he was going outside.

Two minutes later, I get a call from the kind lady who had seen him in the street and put him on a blanket beside the road, stating he was hit.

My mother had just pulled in to the driveway, and saw the group of children across the road.

She went with them to cremate poor Benette's body, so we could keep his ashes.

And the worst part? Its mostly my fault for being an irresponsible owner...
    :(

Please, Click here and give your support to poor Bennette

Look. I know that this just happened hours ago, and you're grief and pain is still fresh in mind. But blaming yourself isn't going to do anything. It's not going to bring Bennette back, and it's not going to help you at all. I'm sure that if Bennette could talk to you right now, he'd tell you to go on and live your life. He'd tell you that he had a great life while he was living, and that it was just his time to go. The bad part about guilt is not that it's just an emotion, but that it can control your life. Recovery will be slow for you, but it will happen. All you can do now is honor your dog's memory, and learn from your experiences with him.

Good luck to you. Everything will be ok, I promise. =)

EDIT: I'm a tad bit late with my post, I find. Awh well, no matter. ^^

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Hm...

Well, I have a pair, but I'm not sure if I want to be paired anymore. I really want to tell him but I'm afraid because I don't want to hurt his feelings. He's a really good friend, but...
    What should I do?

Well for starters, he's probably going to see this post. So, he probably knows already. And next, if he's really that good of a friend, he'll understand. Just talk it out with him and give your reasons for not wanting to be paired any longer. Good luck!

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Hm...

Well, I have a pair, but I'm not sure if I want to be paired anymore. I really want to tell him but I'm afraid because I don't want to hurt his feelings. He's a really good friend, but...
    What should I do?

Like Midnight Beat pointed out, he's probably already seen this.

Just PM him and say you don't want to be paired anymore? Pairing isn't serious business at all. If he's actually a good friend, he won't treat you any differently because you've unpaired. Good luck~ I hope it all works out for the best.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • Well I dunno if the follwoing problems are worth posting but here goes..

A few years ago I was diagnosed with epilepsy. (Seizures and what not) I have to get blood drawn every 6months or so to make sure all ym blood count is okay and everything and it usually is so whatever~ And i have to be on medication for this which is like 2 dollars a pill! (Lame I know ~.~) Well anyway every year or so I have to have an E.E.G. (a brain wave scan) My doctore says that everytyhing will normalize in the next couple of years. So I hoped that by my last E.E.G. I could get weened OFF the medicine. When we got my results back.. they were abnormal.. *sigh* same as always. Then I was told later on that about 5% of epileptics..will never recover from having seizures. When I was told this I burst out crying. I didn't want to be on the medicine, and I was also anxious on how when I turned 18 if by some dumb cruel twist of fate I still had epilepsy, that I would have to pay for the medicine and as stayed before.. one pill is like 2 dollars so a 6month prescription is liek 1000 dollars =3=... and I cannot pay that! My dad says I'll be on his coverage till I'm 21 but time passes in the blink of an eye. (philoshical saying I guess o.o;) So I'm fairly nervous about the whole thing... But recently I have been thinking that their are people way worse off them me. (Won't go into details) Which makes me feel guilty for worrying about all this crap! I think to myself. ''I'm so selfish think abotu all the peopel who are worse off then me?" Makes me feel guilty T.T..but alas....My epilepsy is nder control but myselfish side yerns too not take this medicine. My last doctor appointment with my doctor said that they may try weening me off the medicine even though my brain waves are still abnormal and take the risk. Thing is..If i get off the medicine I will end up having the worst type of seizure..a grand mal (or tonic clonic which ever you prefer xD) in which I will fully collapse and be in a twitchy moany shakey state for like 2-3 minutes. And when I coem out the doctor says if someone has one they will feel like crap or even have amnesia for about 10 minutes.. This scared me like alot..

2. (A mindless problem I guess) Well you see...I know there are probably alot people who have this problem so don't sue me Dx.. Well my mom smokes :/.. I know there are more meanigful pronlems to post but I will post this oen anyways~~... You see she smokes and she has for like.. 40 years or soemthing >.>;.. and about 2 years ago she was diagnosised with fibermalsia (spelling?) In which he muscles and joins are really painful and what not.. And she was told the worst thing to do was to smoke. And she still does.. about 6-7months ago she told me she would quit over the phone..and after she hung up..I fell to my knees and cried in joy. And I thanked God so much. (I grew up in a Christian household so I'm religious ^_~) But..Sje never followed through with her promise. And eerytime I try to talk to her about it she brushes me off like I'm nothing! And my dad defends her he goes.. "Tiffani stop.." This pisses me off so much..! *insert grr angry mark* And my godmother smoked as well.. (she's an adopted family member) SHe smoked for like 50 years and now..what haooened is she has emphensima and 1 dead lung.. and she has to use and inhaler liek 5 tiems a day and be on an oxygen tank 3 tiems a day and she has to sleep with one.. and I fear..worse could happen to my mom!

Well I dunno if you people at pokecommunity can help but I'm glad to be able to talk about them here :)

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
  • (posting a problem where pretty much everyone is going to say what I've already heard)

Okay, so I have Asperger's, which means I have a "special interest." My "special interest" is probably manga, so I generally want everything to do with it. But now, I want all the manga I can find, which means I also want Older Teen books. My Mom says no to pretty much all of them, so I've been lucky to get a few. Anyway, her No can lead to... problems. The first time I encountered this was when I went hysterical in a bookstore when my Mom said no, and events have occurred up to this date. I have had about 3 more similar incidents, so my Mom has banned me from bookstores. Which could be a major problem, considering books are half of my life. So, I have to convince my Mom I'm not gonna "pull another one" and also convince her on some of the OT books, and that they're not as bad as they seem, and she should trust me on this one. Any hints on either two arguments?

Akarei Yorume

His servant forever... <3
    Years
  • (posting a problem where pretty much everyone is going to say what I've already heard)

Okay, so I have Asperger's, which means I have a "special interest." My "special interest" is probably manga, so I generally want everything to do with it. But now, I want all the manga I can find, which means I also want Older Teen books. My Mom says no to pretty much all of them, so I've been lucky to get a few. Anyway, her No can lead to... problems. The first time I encountered this was when I went hysterical in a bookstore when my Mom said no, and events have occurred up to this date. I have had about 3 more similar incidents, so my Mom has banned me from bookstores. Which could be a major problem, considering books are half of my life. So, I have to convince my Mom I'm not gonna "pull another one" and also convince her on some of the OT books, and that they're not as bad as they seem, and she should trust me on this one. Any hints on either two arguments?

Wow, I have High Functioning Autism, very similar to Aspergers in most respects. I know how you feel. (okay, maybe I don't. No one can ever fully understand another... ._.)

Hrm... well, you could try to just talk it out with her and just tell the truth. You might not get what you want, but at least she'll know what it's like for you.

*sighs* I know this'll be the third time I've posted here. I'm so whiney. o.o
    But I digress...

I have to go to my dad's tomorrow, (well, technically later today) and I'll be there for a week. I have massive anxiety and I feel so uncomfortable about the whole thing. When I go, I feel like I'm in a cage, and I can't explain to anyone why I'm so reluctant to go...
    Is there a way I can tell my mum how extremely anxious about this I am? It's keeping me up, as I type this it's about 3:45 a.m.

Last edited:

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years
  • Oh, sorry. I didn't know there was a thread like this.

Anyways,
    my mom is tearful right now, and though I'm sad, I cant sem to really feel anything, ya know?
    Everyones all crying and upset, and here I am tring to get our lives moving along, ya know?
    I know what you mean. I've had the same experience before, and I was just 9.5 at that time. Try to make them cheerful. This may take time but you've gotta be strong.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • Which to choose[very confused]

Ok, Before any of you read this, I want to make this clear. I do NOT want to be made fun of
    called emo or anything negative towards me because of this thread.

Now, to the point of this thread.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • There's already a thread you may post any problems in, please make sure to check before creating threads. And since your post is so large, I added in some spoiler tags~

-Merged-

Akarei Yorume

Years
  • @Syrex: Seems to be a bit of a problem. But really... I'm not sure if either of them is right. If I were to choose for you I'd say Nicollette, because she really does care about you. Leave Brooke behind, don't drop her rudely or anything, but at least try to explain to her the situation. If she gets upset, well... there's nothing you can do about that.

Another thing: ...I firmly stand against breaking virginity or whatever before marriage. There's nothing I can do about your situation, and I don't want to sound controlling, but if you stop what you're doing now, I can guarantee that you'll feel a lot better about yourself. As much of a thrill and a rush that... well, breaking virginity is, it just, in my veiw, not right. I'm not trying to get all religious or anything, and I'm not saying you're a bad person. I'm just saying what I believe.

But if you are firm about this... well, Nicollette got you to stop doing crack, right? It seems she really cares about you, while Brook is more off and running with the crowd, if you know what I mean. Brook doesn't seem to care, and Nicollette does. I know I'm repeating myself here, sorry. -_-
    What I'm saying is... if you choose one, go with Nicollette. If any one of the two of them is right for you, it's her.

Syrex

Years
  • Thanks for your input Myra Uchiha - Nicollette got me to stop smoking pot and drinking.

And as for the virginity thing, I'm not going to argue against your beliefs. It was kinda drunk sex
    both times anyway. We both had a few drinks in us and yeah...

But, would anyone else let to comment on my situation? Many thanks if you do.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • @ Syrex
    after reading the lengthy description f your situation, it sticks out at me that you really do care more for Nicollette more than Brooke. I'd say go with Nicollette, if you don't you'll rue it forever.

Syrex

Years
  • @ Syrex
    after reading the lengthy description f your situation, it sticks out at me that you really do care more for Nicollette more than Brooke. I'd say go with Nicollette, if you don't you'll rue it forever.

I care about Nicollette more than anything in the owrld. that's true.
    but at the same time, if I got with her, I don't want her to treat me
    like crap again. She has changed. I can tell that. She acts totally different
    She always wants to be talking to me now. She cries when im depressed or hurt
    and tries to cheer me up.

Brooke doesn't she just says "Oh, im sorry" and thats it. but Even thought I care
    about nicollette more than anything, I don't want to hurt brooke or make her cry

Sometimes, I wish I could move away so I didn't have to choose between the
    girls. I don't have to choose now, but I WANT too.

Ugh...

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • @ Syrex -

Nicollette, most definitely.

Listen, the biggest mistake that you can make in your lifetime is not following what YOU believe. And what I mean by that is, don't do something because someone ELSE wants you to. Or not do something because someone else doesn't want you to.

You may hurt Brooke, but you need to follow what -you- believe. It's obvious Nicollette cares about you more. Brooke doesn't.

My dad ruined his entire life... because other people wanted him to do something. His girlfriend said she would only marry him if, instead of going to college, he went away on a mormon mission's trip for four years. 6 months in that girl found someone else. My dad could've gone back to college, but people wanted HIM to finish the mission's trip though he didn't want to.

He ruined his entire life that way. See what I mean? Don't feel obligated to stay with Brooke. Do what -you- want. ^^

Akarei Yorume

Years
  • My dad ruined his entire life... because other people wanted him to do something. His girlfriend said she would only marry him if, instead of going to college, he went away on a mormon mission's trip for four years. 6 months in that girl found someone else. My dad could've gone back to college, but people wanted HIM to finish the mission's trip though he didn't want to.

He ruined his entire life that way. See what I mean? Don't feel obligated to stay with Brooke. Do what -you- want. ^^

Wow... that's the meanest mormon I've ever heard about. You've got a good point there, too. But please don't judge all of them by that one person... 'cause I'm mormon too. -_- Reluctantly, but still...

Syrex

Years
  • @ Syrex -

Nicollette, most definitely.

Listen, the biggest mistake that you can make in your lifetime is not following what YOU believe. And what I mean by that is, don't do something because someone ELSE wants you to. Or not do something because someone else doesn't want you to.

You may hurt Brooke, but you need to follow what -you- believe. It's obvious Nicollette cares about you more. Brooke doesn't.

My dad ruined his entire life... because other people wanted him to do something. His girlfriend said she would only marry him if, instead of going to college, he went away on a mormon mission's trip for four years. 6 months in that girl found someone else. My dad could've gone back to college, but people wanted HIM to finish the mission's trip though he didn't want to.

Thank you very much.

I don't plan on making a decesion soon. I have alot of thinking to do

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back