• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well now. Here's a tricky one for ya.

Problem 1: I need to learn how to study and take notes. How do I go about doing this?
    Cornell Notes. Fold your paper in half the left side for questions, the right for information. Takes notes.. from lets say a book or lecture, put these in the information section. On the question side write questions that your info answers. Cover the info, and read the questions, then answer.

Problem 2: This is more of a personal thing, but I just need a little advice. Anyways, there's this girl. We broke up Sunday because apparently I was prank texting her friend when I don't even know her friend's number. I kept telling her I wasn't the one doing it...blah blah blah...you know the rest. . .
    I think I've gotten over her now, though. :) The real problem is, I'm kind of depressed about this (Yes, I'm depressed...again. :|) and I just need a bit of a pulling-up.
    Forget about her. Honestly, if she isn't going to here you out, she is not worth it. If you didn't do it, don't let it worry you. From what I know of you, you are a nice person. Quite helpful, and can actually manage a chat with me(which may I add is usually extremely hard unless I am being polite)

Problem 3: I've lost my inspiration. I just feel like whenever I try to do something, all of a sudden, I feel as if there is absolutely no way I can do it, no matter how simple the task. I don't know if this is tied into problem 2, but it's being going on for a while..
    It could be caused from problem two, ignore her, and move on. See if you get it back. If not, find a reason to do what you do. If all else fails, just take a break from it all..

I have issues. :X

Issues? Naw! Everyone goes trew teese tangs. Honestly, I will when(if) I get a girlfriend, because, quite frankly... thats the way we humans are.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010

Problem 1: I need to learn how to study and take notes. How do I go about doing this?
    I had this problem for the past two years really when I need to study. My mom took away my computer for so many weeks on end, I eventually asked her to study with me. I now get mostly A's on my tests (except for that damn Spanish test on Thursday...).

Problem 2: This is more of a personal thing, but I just need a little advice. Anyways, there's this girl. We broke up Sunday because apparently I was prank texting her friend when I don't even know her friend's number. I kept telling her I wasn't the one doing it...blah blah blah...you know the rest. . .
    I think I've gotten over her now, though. :) The real problem is, I'm kind of depressed about this (Yes, I'm depressed...again. :|) and I just need a bit of a pulling-up.
    Why are you depressed? You shouldn't be, especially when you know that you didn't do any of the crap that you just said. Just keep thinking happy and I'm sure you'll get out of this depression of yours.

Problem 3: I've lost my inspiration. I just feel like whenever I try to do something, all of a sudden, I feel as if there is absolutely no way I can do it, no matter how simple the task. I don't know if this is tied into problem 2, but it's being going on for a while..
    When you start something, don't just quit because of this problem. Just keep pushing on and at the end you'll feel happy because you did what you did to finish it.

Advice in bold.

You don't have issues. It just seems to me like your just unhappy because that girl just broke up with you.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years

It just takes time, Rai. Take note after note of important things and try to shove the information from those notes into the back of your mind until you need them. It's best to ask a parent or smart friend to help you study, as -[JD]- stated he studied with his mother.

Okay, I get a lot of this stuff from my friends who've been dealing with the same stuff. Girls breaking up with you over stupid things. Listen. If a girl breaks up with you over something as utterly stupid as that, then there was clearly no love there. She won't even hear you out. What does that tell you? It makes you think. Just try and forget about her. Spend time out with friends and meet new girls. Remember, there's always more fish in the sea. :3

This is probably due to the other two problems mentioned above. When something bad happens, you lose inspiration to keep going and do something else. It's like a life drainer (GIGA DRAIN!!!!!!!) and it can suck.. big time. The best thing to do is forget aboud said problems above and see how that works for you. Sorry if this isn't as helpful as the other two posters above me, but it's 7 in the morning. D:

Hope I helped.

Answers are in bold, RaiRai.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    You guys are probably going to "Wtf" at me, and I'm not even sure if this "problem" really fits in the "problems" thread, but I'm SO frustrated right now. xD

I got my ears pierced when I was... what? 10? 9? Well it's been almost five years, and they STILL haven't healed. Okay, well they might've healed, but they get infected like, every other day! As soon as it heals, it gets infected again. <_<
    Actually I'm not even sure if they're infected, they just hurt every now and then. x_x Like the crazy devil's momma.
    I'm probably gonna go see a doctor about it soon, and I know not to put on just any random crap (as if it'd do anything to them now. They're pretty much dead.) but first, the basic gist of this post:

Those with earrings, what did you put on your ears in order to make them effing heal? DDD: Or like... do you guys have any suggestions as to what I should do to fix my stupid piercings?

Oh, by the way, I wear 24 carat gold earrings, since I'm allergic to everything else, but seriously, if I'm allergic to 24 carat, that is just... D:<

Years
    You guys are probably going to "Wtf" at me, and I'm not even sure if this "problem" really fits in the "problems" thread, but I'm SO frustrated right now. xD

I got my ears pierced when I was... what? 10? 9? Well it's been almost five years, and they STILL haven't healed. Okay, well they might've healed, but they get infected like, every other day! As soon as it heals, it gets infected again. <_<
    Actually I'm not even sure if they're infected, they just hurt every now and then. x_x Like the crazy devil's momma.
    I'm probably gonna go see a doctor about it soon, and I know not to put on just any random crap (as if it'd do anything to them now. They're pretty much dead.) but first, the basic gist of this post:

Those with earrings, what did you put on your ears in order to make them effing heal? DDD: Or like... do you guys have any suggestions as to what I should do to fix my stupid piercings?

Oh, by the way, I wear 24 carat gold earrings, since I'm allergic to everything else, but seriously, if I'm allergic to 24 carat, that is just... D:<

Earring infections?
    Well, I've never gotten any of those. My ears were pierced when I was a baby.

But, I know someone who gets things like that. The doctor said that it was her earrings. She changed them and everything was fine.
    Before, though, she put this liquid thing on her ears. I dunno. Maybe it's alcohol?
    Gah, I'm clueless. That sounds really weird.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I don't expect anyone to help me with this problem...

All of my friends like to take drugs whenever we go out, but I don't and it makes me feel left out, not in the way that I'll start doing drugs to fit in, just diconnected from them. They take pills a few hours before we go anywhere and, when we get there, they get all sketchy and start freaking out at the smallest things. I really want to tell them to stop, but I know they won't listen to me. They took drugs at Mardi Gras last night and I just gave up, I let them go off and do whatever they wanted while I hung with another friend of mine instead, Daniel. I still felt like crap and Emma, Daniels "girlfriend", noticed and tried to talk to me about it, but I didn't want to. I started to feel better later on, but that was probably because I was forcing myself not to think about it. I guess I'll try to talk to them about it, even though they probably won't listen and, if they don't, that's the end of our friendship.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't think you necessarily have to end the friendship but I would suggest distancing yourself if they're at all disagreeable about easing up on the drug use. :/ It's good that you have no plans to join them in what they do and I commend you for that because it's all too easy to give into pressure to fit in. If you like them, though, instead of outright halting your relationship with them, just drift away a bit. I assume you typically enjoy their company so try to be there when they aren't high or hang around them in smaller doses and on the side, try to get with a different group of friends and see how things go.

They'll either mellow out and realize drugs aren't "all that" and reduce their usage or they'll move on to harder stuff. If the former, you're still around to be their friend when they come clean (or closer to it, at any rate) and if the latter, you've already distanced yourself enough that you probably won't be harmed by it. That said, if you do notice it gets worse or it starts hindering or affecting them a lot, you should probably let someone responsible know.

Also, you shouldn't be too adverse to talking about the situation with people IRL. It can really help to clear your head and make you feel better to just talk it out with someone and vent a bit.

That really sounds like it sucks on the whole, though. I hope things work out for you and your friends. :(

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    The fact is, I have been distancing myself from them, but not on purpose. They don't usually invite me out, probably because they know I don't want to take drugs, but when they do it's hard for me to decide whether or not to go out with them, knowing what they'll be doing.

Anyways, that's pretty much what I said to myself at Mardi Gras, "I'm going to stay away from them for a while and see what happens." Honestly, I think, if anything, it's going to get worse before if it gets better. I do have Daniel to fall back on, but that's only because he decided to leave the group already. If they do get into harder drugs, I will probably leave them too, and that would be a huge load off my back. I know how bad that sounds, but loosing 5 friends over drugs is obviously going to sound bad no matter how I put it.

So, yes, I will tell them I'd like them to stop and if they take my advice, great, but if they don't... well, it's their own fault that I won't want to be their friend anymore.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    So guys.. I physically hurt my girlfriend the other day..

Scenario: We were at the local mall last weekend. We had just gotten over an argument from the previous week, so she was still a bit.. touchy. We were doing fine through most of the night, until the events of our previous argument were brought up. This time, it got really bad. There was some yelling and name calling (but we were in the arcade, so some of the yelling was necessary), and we were both getting really angry. She had slapped me in the face by this time. After that, she calmed down a bit, and we went to our movie as planned. And of all times, she wanted to talk about our argument IN THE THEATRE. Crazy, huh? So I told her we would talk about it in the car. She persisted, so I started getting kinda mad, and told her to either watch the movie or leave. She got reallllly mad, and slapped me in the face. I grabbed her arms to restrain her from hitting me again, but she kept trying, so I had to hold her arms harder, she twisted it to get out, and I grabbed at it again, but this time, kinda hit it and caused her some pain. Either out of shock or disgust, she kinda just stopped talking and just watched the movie. After the movie, we were heading to the car, and she snapped. She just started yelling at me through tears, making a scene and such. I told her to shut up and we would talk about it in the car. She got really pissed then and just flat out back-handed me in the mouth and punched me a few times. My 5 months of grappling training kicked in, so I got her arms, and knocked out her leg, picked her up, and took her to the car. After that, she started punching me again, so I had to restrain her a lot, and that caused a few bruises on her arms and chest. She got in the car and sped off.

Aftermath: We talked about it; yelled, cried, made up.

Damages:
    Her: Bruises on her arms, chest and legs.
    Me: Busted/bloody lip, bloody nose, bruises on my arms and chest, swollen cheek, and a black eye.

What do you guys think? Did she deserve it, or did I cross the line? I'll be back in about 12 hours, due to school.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Methinks this should go in the problems thread. *Reports*

Anywho, it was kind of necessary on your part. From this side of the story, it sounds like you were just either defending yourself or trying to get her to the car. All of her injuries were accidents or from hitting you, I gather. I think you did the right thing, not hitting her purposely, etc.

What movie did you see?

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I say, why? Why would either of you go so far as to pummel each other over something that probably wasn't that serious in the first place?

But anyway, I suppose that it was good for you to restrain her...it seems to me that she might be the aggressive-hot tempered one.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Personally, I think you crossed the line by laying a finger on her going over 20 Newtons. :\

The worse thing you can do is physically hurt a woman unless she had criminal motives. It is bad enough for her to see what she did to you when she stops, it's just not right to hit back like that. She probably hurt herself by attacking you physically, as well as emotionally.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Scenario: We were at the local mall last weekend. We had just gotten over an argument from the previous week, so she was still a bit.. touchy. We were doing fine through most of the night, until the events of our previous argument were brought up. This time, it got really bad. There was some yelling and name calling (but we were in the arcade, so some of the yelling was necessary), and we were both getting really angry. She had slapped me in the face by this time. After that, she calmed down a bit, and we went to our movie as planned. And of all times, she wanted to talk about our argument IN THE THEATRE. Crazy, huh? So I told her we would talk about it in the car. She persisted, so I started getting kinda mad, and told her to either watch the movie or leave. She got reallllly mad, and slapped me in the face. I grabbed her arms to restrain her from hitting me again, but she kept trying, so I had to hold her arms harder, she twisted it to get out, and I grabbed at it again, but this time, kinda hit it and caused her some pain. Either out of shock or disgust, she kinda just stopped talking and just watched the movie. After the movie, we were heading to the car, and she snapped. She just started yelling at me through tears, making a scene and such. I told her to shut up and we would talk about it in the car. She got really pissed then and just flat out back-handed me in the mouth and punched me a few times. My 5 months of grappling training kicked in, so I got her arms, and knocked out her leg, picked her up, and took her to the car. After that, she started punching me again, so I had to restrain her a lot, and that caused a few bruises on her arms and chest. She got in the car and sped off.

Aftermath: We talked about it; yelled, cried, made up.

Damages:
    Her: Bruises on her arms, chest and legs.
    Me: Busted/bloody lip, bloody nose, bruises on my arms and chest, swollen cheek, and a black eye.

What do you guys think? Did she deserve it, or did I cross the line? I'll be back in about 12 hours, due to school.

I might have found this situation silly if both you and your girlfriend hadn't resorted to physically harming each other. =/

Both of you should be a bit more mature and realize that violence is never the answer to relationship problems, especially if you two actually care about each other. First of all, I hate to say it...but your girlfriend is crazyyyy if she's that determined to try to hit you in a public place like that. I guess I can't really blame you for trying to restrain her, although both you really shouldn't be striking each other like that. The question I have to ask is...How can you two remain a couple if you're giving each other actual bruises? (in a public place nonetheless). I'd sit her down and seriously and rationally work out whether you should stay together. (Try not to punch each other this time T.T)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    You should never abuse a girl. it'll ruin chances with her, and other girls. You got more hurt then her however... I think you gotta chillax. But... you said you made up, so just treat her nicley from now on. Coolio? xD

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Personally, I think you crossed the line by laying a finger on her going over 20 Newtons. :\

The worse thing you can do is physically hurt a woman unless she had criminal motives. It is bad enough for her to see what she did to you when she stops, it's just not right to hit back like that. She probably hurt herself by attacking you physically, as well as emotionally.

I agree & disagree with this statement.

While it is wrong to put your hands on a female, it doesn't give her the right to hit in the first place. Too many times do I see a woman raise her fists in violence, as the instigator. Why just yesterday, some girl was in some guy's face, taunting him with insults, saying "go ahead, hit me". He did the right thing, walking away, but at the same time, if a man were to do that, that guy would have been laid out flat. Plus, the girl followed him, clearly looking for a fight--she had him outnumbered, so I suppose she was feeling brave. He walked away again.

But does she have some divine right? she is clearly taking advantage of her womanhood, a guy would have gotten hurt. It isn't fair to say 'dont hit a woman, but she can hit you'. I understand, hitting a woman out of anger is terrible, despicable, but that whole 'women are fragile, even if they hit you, just take it & hope they will feel bad' is outdated in an age of woman equality.

Inidentally, this was clearly an issue of self defense. I mean, gooooddaaaaam. She really did a number on you, Penguin. I mean, no offense, because she sounds like some sort of scrapper. If you didn't react, you'd have more than a bloody lip.

Goddam, a bloody lip! What, does she take boxing?

EDIT:MOTHER FRACK! A blakc eye?! And you abused her?! Come on guys, stop treating her like some sort of dainty flower. For Penguin not to raise a fist...props to you.

Last edited:

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    I might have found this situation silly if both you and your girlfriend hadn't resorted to physically harming each other. =/

Both of you should be a bit more mature and realize that violence is never the answer to relationship problems, especially if you two actually care about each other. First of all, I hate to say it...but your girlfriend is crazyyyy if she's that determined to try to hit you in a public place like that. I guess I can't really blame you for trying to restrain her, although both you really shouldn't be striking each other like that. The question I have to ask is...How can you two remain a couple if you're giving each other actual bruises? (in a public place nonetheless). I'd sit her down and seriously and rationally work out whether you should stay together. (Try not to punch each other this time T.T)
    I agree with this one for the most part.
    But he also had every right to take action back.
    If woman want to be treated equal, they have to realize they can't use the 'I'm a woman so you can't hit me' card anymore.

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    Oh cmon

Your actin glike kids the pair of you

Just sort out your problems between you like sit down and sat look what the hell happend?

sorts out allot that

Sorry though because i cant really help you

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    Help!

I have so many problems in my life.
    Please help me with them.

1. Nail biting. I have to stop before they get infected.
    2. Brothers. Both are older and won't stop getting in my life.
    3. There is a girl I like and I need to win her. What do I do?
    4. How do I talk to my parents about this girl?

Please give me some suggestions for these questions.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well for one, this is the wrong section. For two, you will get more answers in the Post your Problems Thread. But, I'll answers your questions anyways.

1. Nail biting. I have to stop before they get infected.
    Stop. Don't let you do it. Put something on them, that will make you stop when you go to the bite them. I bite my nails too, and I need to stop, but haven't.
    2. Brothers. Both are older and won't stop getting in my life.
    Tell them to leave you alone. If they don't, ignore them.
    3. There is a girl I like and I need to win her. What do I do?
    Girls are not a prize to to be won. To get her to like you/go out with you, find out what she likes. I mean, do you talk to her? If not, that makes it all the much harder. But, actually try to hang out with her
    4. How do I talk to my parents about this girl?
    The same way you talk to anyone. Tell them that you have to tell them something. Tell them, and explain, they SHOULD understand.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back