• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    Assistance Please.

Well I don't know exactly where to begin except maybe here.
    About a couple weeks ago the school 7th grade sign up forms came.
    I am in the band at my school on the clarinet.
    Now I want to play the saxaphone in band so I told my parents.
    They said to talk to the band teacher to find out more info.
    So I did and she told me that I might be able to play in the Jazz band but,
    Not in the concert band unless one of the concert band saxes dropped out.
    I told my parents this and my mom went to find more info form the teacher.
    Apparently you have to TRY OUT FOR THE BAND AND YOU MIGHT NOT MAKE IT!!!!
    I pretended to handle this well and forgot about it until my band teacher sent An email stating how sorry she felt for me.
    Now instead of apology acceptedness it was sorrow and misery.
    Now I hate my life, school is terrible, and I want to die.
    My parents don't notice this.
    What can I do.
    I really want to play the saxaphone and am crying my heart out as I type.
    Please, no jerk comments right now.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    What are you trying to say, exactly?
    I'm sorry, but your writing is very jumbled and confusing.
    I know that may be because you're upset, but I am unable to grasp the problem.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    As far as I can tell, she wants to die because she might not get into the band. Just keep practicing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'm pretty sure someone claiming that they're that intelligent they wouldn't be wasting their time on a pokemon forum
    Oh, the irony.

Nice job generalizing the whole forum as a bunch of 'non-intelligent' people.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I pretended to handle this well and forgot about it until my band teacher sent An email stating how sorry she felt for me.
    What can I do.

.....So, your miserable because you didn't get into the school band? What's the big deal; there's always next year. But if it's hurting you that much, you really should talk to your parents, or the band teacher, or somebody.

Years
    Ugh, I have a problem. :c

I have a friend that seems to be becoming a mess. She's barely sleeping, and is *barely* finishing her homework at five o' clock in the morning. I sometimes ask her why she's so tired, and she usually replies "We had so much homework last night! I had to sleep at twelve and wake up at six to finish the social studies!" I get the same amount of homework as she does, and she always seems to sleep late or have something not finished. It's because she has a laptop, and her parents don't really do anything or discipline her at all. I know because I once had to bus over there since my family forgot to pick me up from school >.> She just locks herself in her room and goes online. I admit, I do that, but when I'm done with my homework! It's at a really bad point right now. She has HUGE eye bags and gets six hours of sleep at the most. She's a mess. My other friend and I got really worried, and had her swear to give her laptop to her grandma or something so she'll hide it, since she ALWAYS tells us she has no self control. Plus, get her to swear that she'll finish all her homework and not wake up in the morning to do it. She was just kinda like whatever about it, and she still wakes up a five to finish up her stuff.
    I really care about my friend, and it's really heartbreaking to see her like this. It's almost pathetic. My friend says we have to nag her more since her mom isn't nagging her, but I don't want to control her life. I want to somehow have her get a clue that if she keeps this up she may flunk.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    What can I do.

lol failtroll. Seriously. MIDDLE SCHOOL band is nothing to cry about. Just play the damn clarinet. It's better than sax anyway.

@bubblewrap: If your friend cares more about being online than her health and school work, then so be it. If you tried and she doesn't care that you care, then just let her waste away. She'll eventually see how much she screwed up her life and turn on the right track.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What can I do.

...I play the Saxophone, and I can understand how hurt I would be if I was not able to play it.

Penguin, I'm tired of all your BS, if you know you are not gonna help, I prefer you post nothing.

Don't worry, you don't have to play for your school to play the Saxophone, try to convince your parents into renting you one as well as classes. You can try to find a local band that may be looking for Saxophones or if you can do it well, make a good excuse to change schools.

But just because you can't play at your school doesn't mean you can't play it at all. My inability to play the drums didn't stop me from learning them, so why should it not apply to you?

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    It could be the way you're approaching it. Don't seem to eager to talk to people. Let them come to you. That, or dress how they dress, do what they do, and like what they like.

Hope that helps.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    That, or dress how they dress, do what they do, and like what they like.

I'm sure people will agree with me when I say, that is terrible advice.

If you really want to make friends, hang out at places where a lot of people your age hang out.
    But! Remember to be yourself.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I keep trying to make friends with people and talk to people but it seems like everyone ignores me. :(

As previously stated, Be yourself.
    There is always a number of people who will be attracted to such personality.
    That's how I got my friends.

It could be the way you're approaching it. Don't seem to eager to talk to people. Let them come to you. That, or dress how they dress, do what they do, and like what they like.

Hope that helps.

I feel in a way, I should address this in song.

*Inhales some air*

GIVE IN TO- P-P-P-PEER PRESSURE, PEER PRESSURE!
    It's what you...
    Just said~

*Bows*

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years

Hope that helps.

This is the only way to be popular. Go ahead, everyone, neg rep me if you want, but its true. The only way to be popular is to crush your soul and conform. You'll be a soulless sheep, but you'll be popular :P

Honestly, I'd suggest that you act naturally (unless you're naturally a serial rapist or something) and try to find a few people who like what you like, etc. Its better to have a few close friends than to be semi-accepted by everyone because you conform.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    ...I play the Saxophone, and I can understand how hurt I would be if I was not able to play it.

Penguin, I'm tired of all your BS, if you know you are not gonna help, I prefer you post nothing.

Don't worry, you don't have to play for your school to play the Saxophone, try to convince your parents into renting you one as well as classes. You can try to find a local band that may be looking for Saxophones or if you can do it well, make a good excuse to change schools.

But just because you can't play at your school doesn't mean you can't play it at all. My inability to play the drums didn't stop me from learning them, so why should it not apply to you?

That signature sure is funny, who is that I could really learn a thing or two about *****ing and bullying.

Okay people, I got an Easter vacation, and I need to decide if I stay in Reykjavík or go to Akureyri with my friends, I'm not sure what I'll do, what would you do?

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    This is the only way to be popular. Go ahead, everyone, neg rep me if you want, but its true. The only way to be popular is to crush your soul and conform. You'll be a soulless sheep, but you'll be popular :P

Honestly, I'd suggest that you act naturally (unless you're naturally a serial rapist or something) and try to find a few people who like what you like, etc. Its better to have a few close friends than to be semi-accepted by everyone because you conform.

That's not true.
    I'm myself, and i'm popular.
    I'm the only kid in my grade who wears trip pants, and death metal band tee's.
    And I'm friends with pretty much everyone.

Years
    @bubblewrap: If your friend cares more about being online than her health and school work, then so be it. If you tried and she doesn't care that you care, then just let her waste away. She'll eventually see how much she screwed up her life and turn on the right track.

Okay then. Eh she was getting a bit better but she just had a "relapse" x(
    But seriously, what do I do now? Just sit back and watch her waste away? I almost wanna talk to her grandma about it since her mom doesn't give a crap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back