• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Its because your an idiot Penguin13. Dont think there is a cure for that.
    Anyway check his closet and room. If there are any missing girls in the area and all. But no seriously talk to him. If he does turn out to be gay as his family at least show some support no matter how anti you might or not be. I mean family always helps even in the strangest cases.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    There's not really alot you can do. There are a whole multitude of reasons why he would get like this; maybe you could try going up there and trying to speak to him? Make it feel like just a chat about baseball or whatever you guys always used to chat about, then try and lead him in the direction of why he's been acting so differently. You might find out why, or you may not, but at least you've given it a go. I hope things work out for you!
    I hope so too. It's just that he lives five miles from where my house is, so it might be kinda hard to get there.

@Todoroki: Before all this happend, he used to go out with a lot of girls..... No, no, no! Lol. I just remarked that when I first saw him, I thought that he was gay because he was really preppy and out going. XD Seriously, though, the adults are backing out on this and it just scares me at what thought of he might be doing...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh he did go out with girls. Hmm then yes i do believe something is fishy. Check the area for any missing girls. And this time I am not kidding. I know god forbid but sometimes things do get that strange. Either that or he is building something. Building what i do not know.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    He could be building something or be planning something. Could he have had a bad break-up with a girlfriend? Or an argument with a close friend? I know these things can make people withdraw into themselves, and sometimes a talk with a friend or close family member can help out. I definitely think that having a chat with him will help.

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    here's a more important question: Why would you want to stop sticking out from the crowd?

Normal is just a synoym for boring.
    Seconded.
    Why try to be 'normal'.
    Why not just be yourself.
    IF it gets you attention, hey.
    Awesome.
    If it gets you negative attention.
    Hey, screw everyone.

You only live once.
    Just have fun with it and be yourself, right?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Usually, I am here to answer problems and what not, but this time it is different.

Spoiler:
    (Long Version)
    So, to make a long story short, I am an anti-social person who craves friendship that I just don't see me getting.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    To anyone who is lonely or wants to get away from a bad home/life. Join the military. I'm not kidding.

Ok, I recommend you just shut up on those stupid questions and answers or I will report you for uncivil conduct.

First of all, I am an antisocial as well...so... do you see me reflecting it? No way.

Antisocial people are usually made antisocial because they were meant for something great.

To me, and I believe to the rest of the population, friends should not be the top of your list, but instead your education and jobs. All friends will easily do is distract you and jeopardize many educational factors.

So virtually, I am saying just to accept not having friends. It will all pay off in college. You are given more time for yourself.

If you are born lonely, you grow lonely and die rich. If you are popular with lots of "friends" and love being the center of attention, good luck with your life.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    Ok, I recommend you just shut up on those stupid questions and answers or I will report you for uncivil conduct.

First of all, I am an antisocial as well...so... do you see me reflecting it? No way.

Antisocial people are usually made antisocial because they were meant for something great.

To me, and I believe to the rest of the population, friends should not be the top of your list, but instead your education and jobs. All friends will easily do is distract you and jeopardize many educational factors.

So virtually, I am saying just to accept not having friends. It will all pay off in college. You are given more time for yourself.

If you are born lonely, you grow lonely and die rich. If you are popular with lots of "friends" and love being the center of attention, good luck with your life.

Stupid questions and answers? Either follow my advice or not. You don't have to listen to me. All of my answers are valid. Antisocial people are like that because they choose not to be (read: introverted) or weren't socialized properly as a child. The only person that can fix an antisocial is him/herself.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    here's a more important question: Why would you want to stop sticking out from the crowd?

Normal is just a synonym for boring.
    People know about me from one specific attribute. I don't like the way they recognise me for it. Truth be told there isn't much I can do about it. It's not my fault. Also no it can't be identified over the internet and it isn't racial.

Seconded.
    Why try to be 'normal'.
    Why not just be yourself.
    IF it gets you attention, hey.
    Awesome.
    If it gets you negative attention.
    Hey, screw everyone.

You only live once.
    Just have fun with it and be yourself, right?
    That is exactly how I think, but there is a thing as sticking out too much. And a person has their limits. Dx

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Just try and get to know some people more. Do you know a group of students who maybe goes to the mall after schools on Friday? Or just hang out? If none of these, join a sport. Join a club.

There are so many different things you can do, it's just that you're not trying.

Stupid questions and answers? Either follow my advice or not. You don't have to listen to me. All of my answers are valid. Antisocial people are like that because they choose not to be (read: introverted) or weren't socialized properly as a child. The only person that can fix an antisocial is him/herself.
    He's right, K9. You can't report someone for answering the question. Nobody has to listen to him, but he is answering the problem.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I have a non girl related question! Finally.
    Anyway lol i just want to know something. Today we had a field trip to some town and all. But the cops delayed to give us the green light to leave. After 2 hours of waiting things started to get ugly. I started to sweat a lot and smell up the bus. AND finally after 2 and a half hours I had the balls to get up and leave the bus. So then would that be a bad thing to my reputation or a good thing?

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    Usually, I am here to answer problems and what not, but this time it is different.

Spoiler:
    (Long Version)
    So, to make a long story short, I am an anti-social person who craves friendship that I just don't see me getting.
    There is actually nothing wrong with being that way. It's just the way you see it. I can give you my example, there was a time I used to live being an anti-social person. And I used to curse it the way you do at the moment. Nevertheless, I finally became more social. Had a whole lot of friends. We used to hang out, enjoy and had a lot of fun. And then today when I look back at the time when I was anti-social, I miss those days.
    Believe me, your friends will change you. I always used to think that atleast my friends weren't the kind I could say would do peer pressure and accept me the way I was. They probably did it inadvertantly, but I find myself more and more like them. If you ask me, most friends would do stuff so that you lose your identity, what sets you apart from the rest of the crowd.
    Most anti-social people are those who think out of the box, they have different views on everything. Most of the time, this difference is what makes you more respectable later, you do great things because you are just not anyone else.

One day, just don't do what you would do usually. Just sit back and relax, spend the time in solitude. It ain't gonna hurt you. Don't push yourself to do something that you are not meant to do. And believe me the feeling of being left out, being lonely, if you change it to solitude, you'd love it much more. I ask you no more that to just try it for one day, don't take your loneliness as a curse, call it love of being solitary. If you won't feel left out, you'd love yourself much more.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    To anyone who is lonely or wants to get away from a bad home/life. Join the military. I'm not kidding.

He's not kidding nor it he trying to be sarcastic or anything along those lines. The military is a great place to find friends and acceptance. My parents each had no friends growing up period until they joined the military [Air Force] and they found acceptance. The military is your family. It's hard as hell, it's at times demeaning and frustrating but those people along side you are going through the same seemingly worthless crap as you and they WILL be there for you.

Spoiler:
    (Long Version)

Yeah I've been there.

As creepy as it sounds, don't forget your friends here on PC.

I had no real life friends PERIOD until my junior year of highschool but I had/still have friends on PC and through places like Neopets [Shoot me if you want] and those friends are the ones that are still there when Real Life friends decide to be jerks. :3 It may be over a computer screen but people saying that they're your friend here is just as real as it is out there.

There is actually nothing wrong with being that way. It's just the way you see it. I can give you my example, there was a time I used to live being an anti-social person. And I used to curse it the way you do at the moment. Nevertheless, I finally became more social. Had a whole lot of friends. We used to hang out, enjoy and had a lot of fun. And then today when I look back at the time when I was anti-social, I miss those days.
    Believe me, your friends will change you. I always used to think that atleast my friends weren't the kind I could say would do peer pressure and accept me the way I was. They probably did it inadvertantly, but I find myself more and more like them. If you ask me, most friends would do stuff so that you lose your identity, what sets you apart from the rest of the crowd.
    Most anti-social people are those who think out of the box, they have different views on everything. Most of the time, this difference is what makes you more respectable later, you do great things because you are just not anyone else.

One day, just don't do what you would do usually. Just sit back and relax, spend the time in solitude. It ain't gonna hurt you. Don't push yourself to do something that you are not meant to do. And believe me the feeling of being left out, being lonely, if you change it to solitude, you'd love it much more. I ask you no more that to just try it for one day, don't take your loneliness as a curse, call it love of being solitary. If you won't feel left out, you'd love yourself much more.

....I think this is a hair insensitive because it's obvious that ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ has already experienced solitude.

After awhile, solitude becomes unbearable. You see everyone around you with the picture perfect friendships and you go through the same misrable routine of getting up, going to school, sitting alone, going home, doing homework, maybe talking with the family or something misc. like that and then going to bed. Day in, Day out, that becomes unbearable, especially because a person starts to blame themselves for being so unwanted. I don't think people should have to change who they are just to fit in and I doubt, ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ, that you're unlikeable and I doubt that you don't, on occasion, enjoy a bit of alone time. However, like I've previously state, said alone time can be ridiculously unbearable after an extended period of time.

Here's what I'll say to ya ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ.

• If you can't find friends in your small town area, don't kill yourself over it. you're unique and you need to find friends who accept that uniqueness. Don't ever change who you are just to make somebody hang out with you, that's fake friendship and I can almost guarentee it'll end up badly for you.
    • Look for another small town or a bigger town in your general area for an activity you like. It can be martial arts, a trading card league or some other sort of club [4H?] etc but try and get out of the generic area so you're not dealing people who are going to say the same old same old and already have 'their mind made up' about you.
    • Remember you're in middle school. It don't become a cake walk in Highschool but sometimes you can find a teacher or a subject you can be passionate about and you can find your niche there simply because you'll have more freedoms in what classes you take and the subject material will be more diverse. For me, I didn't find a niche til I found Marching Band and my Japanese Class and even though I was still treated like crap in both, I did have a few friends or at least people who would on occasion hang with me from both.
    • Really cling to the online friends you have. As stupid as it sounds, people do still care about their friends over these things, even if it's just pixels.

Hope this helps. n_n

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    My self-esteem sucks, my friend that is staying with me isn't helping it one bit either, she is tall, blond, has very sharp features unlike my flat pancake face. Not only does she look nice she acts all nice and flirty to guys, when my guy friend asked me out she said he only asked me out to get closer to her and if a guy talks to me she says I shouldn't talk to them then gets all up on them and acts all boo hoo my childhood was so horrible excuse. She even used to deep throat bananas at lunch to impress the boys. She makes friends by using the "my life is so horrible" guilt trip. Not only that but she brags about her grades and stuff to my mom, while I am failing geometry and am not that smart. She is good at drawing, she is athletic, and she makes good grades. I feel like total **** compared to her. She even has the nerve to say I look slutty in the clothes I wear even though she is the one viciously flirting with guys. Everyone tells me to stop being her friend and to kick her out, but I can't.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    My self-esteem sucks, my friend that is staying with me isn't helping it one bit either, she is tall, blond, has very sharp features unlike my flat pancake face. Not only does she look nice she acts all nice and flirty to guys, when my guy friend asked me out she said he only asked me out to get closer to her and if a guy talks to me she says I shouldn't talk to them then gets all up on them and acts all boo hoo my childhood was so horrible excuse. She even used to deep throat bananas at lunch to impress the boys. She makes friends by using the "my life is so horrible" guilt trip. Not only that but she brags about her grades and stuff to my mom, while I am failing geometry and am not that smart. She is good at drawing, she is athletic, and she makes good grades. I feel like total **** compared to her. She even has the nerve to say I look slutty in the clothes I wear even though she is the one viciously flirting with guys. Everyone tells me to stop being her friend and to kick her out, but I can't.

Have you said to her how she's making you feel? Some people can be incredibly insensitive without realizing it and its amazing how many problems can be solved by just laying the cards on the table. If she does know and she's doing this anyway, I'd reccomend that you move on. Easier said than done, I know, but you'll never getting anywhere going: "My friend is a cow who's much prettier than me" The second part of which, to be honest, I don't believe anyway.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years

1. Your self-esteem sucks because you let it be that way.
    2. You didn't choose to be ugly. Just deal with it and pronounce your good features.
    3. Your "friend" sounds like a psychopathic nymphomaniac in the making.
    4. She sounds like a dirty whore.
    5. It's your fault you're failing. Do better in school.
    6. Practice drawing, play sports, and make good grades.
    7. You feel like **** compared to her because you compare yourself to her. Whenever you do that, just say "at least I'm not a dirty whore," and you'll be all good.
    8. Again, she's a psychotic nymphomaniac in the making, her opinion doesn't matter.
    9. Listen to everyone. She's just bringing you down. Kick her out YESTERDAY.

kthxbai

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back