• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Powerhouse challenge (all generations)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Big update:

Got to Olivine City
Got Good Rod
Caught Krabby, taught it surf.
Cleared lighthouse.
Surfed to Cianwood.
Beat Chuck, forgot to get fly, got shuckle.
Determined Shuckle is useless but didn't want to fill guilty about storing him in the box.
Surfed back to Olivine, healed Amphy, terrible name for a Ampharos.
Faught/beat whatshername the gym leader.
Surfed to Mahogany town.
Caught a Farfetch'd, for fly.
Killed Gyarados, no need to have it. Cleared out the rockets.
Fighting through Pryce's gym.

Planning on rushing through the ice cave with repel, but first im getting fly.

Team:

pkrs315.gif

Lv. 47
Cut (Soon to be something else)
Surf
Slash
Ice Punch

HM Slaves
Togepi - flash
Sudowoodo - Strength
Krabby - Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall
Farfetch'd - Cut/Fly
Shuckle - Nothing, but i dont want to waste it in a box, so im keeping it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Another Update

Beat Pryce
Got Fly, taught it to Farfetch'd
Rushed to Blackthorne
Got Cut deleted.
Taught Feraligatr Hidden Power, not sure what it is yet, i think its dragon, or ghost, not sure
Cleared rockets out of Radio Tower
Killed Suicune, no point to me catching it.
Preparing for dragon gym leader lady...forgot her name.

Team:

gbc160.gif

Harold.
Lv. 53
Surf
Slash
Ice Punch
Hidden Power (Ghost or Dragon)

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
I was speaking of R/B, but I understand with FR/LG.

I know. I was saying Capturing pokemon isn't a restriction, but if there isn't a reason, then why not use the money elsewhere? For instance, Crystal. You COULD catch pokemon, or you could save for the elemental beam attacks.

Hidden Power (Ghost or Dragon)

For your sake, hope it is Ghost. While Feraligatr's special attack isn't as rediculous as Gyara (which is why Feraligatr is better than Gyara in GSC, IMO), having a physical attack is a great asset.

Oh, and if anyone wants it, I can suggest movesets for pokemon.

Years
The owner of the DPPt Solo challenge thread seems to have given it up, so I might as well move the Geodude run (on Pearl version) I'm doing there move into this thread.

I'm in Victory Road there and want to grind my Geodude to level 90 first because I'm seeing huge problems with the possibility that Gyarados trainers might be in there. Gyarados has caused me more problems than anything else. Because of Intimidate, I have never managed to OHKO it yet (maybe due to my stupid moveset choice of Rollout over Rock Slide which took me until yesterday to realize how much it sucks and finally replace it), unlike most other waters. And despite it being a physical attacker and Geodude's best stat being physical defense, its attack always did huge damage, even with 40 levels difference Geodude can't outweigh it's 4x weaknesses with the better stats.
The next problem I see would be Cynthia. I think Bertha should somehow be manageable, but there's no way Cynthia is. First, she will start off with a Spiritomb. Spiritomb itself doesn't seem like a problem, but it can kill any X-Item strategies with Embargo (I think that's what the move was called like, not sure). And ALL OTHER POKEMON HAVE A TYPE ADVANTAGE, this means: I can't set up on anything, i can never use a turn to heal (because I will get instant heavy damage, which makes healing useless), my only solution seems to be sweeping everything in one turn, which is very unlikely due to Geodude's Attack and especially Speed stats that are far too low without boosts by X-Items.

The result: I'm about to say "Screw this, Geodude sucks, I'm evolving this thing now", because of lack of prospects with Geodude.

So yeah, some advice would be appreciated

Spr_4d_074.png

GeometryD. / Geodude m Lv.88 @ Wide Lens
Naughty Nature / Rock Head
188 HP, 183 Atk, 226 Def, 85 SpA, 82 SpD, 98 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Double Edge
- Brick Break
Btw are more 8s in one Pokemon possible?
And yes, for those who notice, I changed the nickname into an even lamer one.

mattman324

Years
Well, firstly, evolving it could help. Also, maybe a moveset like:

Stone Edge
Earthquake
Double Edge
Rock Polish

could help. The item would be Focus Sash (to survive things like Garchomp, Milotic, ect.), and X attacks would be used. Embargo only stops held items, by the way.

Years
Stone Edge? Some more power would be nice, of course, but with only 5 PP and 80% Accuracy, I prefer going with Rock Slide.
But i agree with Rock Polish, it helped a lot against Gardenia, so it should be helpful here as well. I will try to keep Brick Break till after Lucian though, since it's the only thing that hits Bronzong neutral.
The Focus Sash could be a bit hard to obtain for me, since if my memory is correct, the guy near Pal Park wants to see a Pokemon in a specific level, and with just 4 Pokemon, and the possibility that he gives out another item instead....

So, expect some kind of update that's hopefully about a Graveler (I have no way to trade) sweeping the Sinnoh Elite 4 for at the earliest tomorrow, I'm not that fast when playing on a real game

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Update tiem:

Got through Ice Cave as previously noted
Went into gym
fought Trainers (Discovered HP is dragon, which helped alot VS kingdra)
OHKOd everything in gym except Kingdra, took two hits
Found out Clair is a sore loser, and is making me go through trials and tribulations for a badge
Went to Dragons Cave did Clair's slave work.
Flew to newbark town, started journey to Pokemon league, realized, I have no idea where the Waterfall TM is....going to bulbapedia atm.

Team:

emesprani160.gif

Harold
Lv. 57 (RAWR!)
Surf
Slash
Ice Punch
Hidden Power (Dragon) (Might change it out for something, but I dont know what)

same HM Slaves, nothing new.

mattman324

Years
Hidden Power (Dragon) (Might change it out for something, but I dont know what)

Why don't you use Earthquake? It runs of that good Attack... (BTW, Waterfall is inferior to Surf in every way, don't teach it to Feraligatr.)

Anyway, I got through Victory Road, but I still have the Elite four to fight... I'll give an update when I've done that.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Update:

Beat elite four:

Rundown: For will: Ice punch > Xatu, Xatu, Eggsecutor Slash > Slowbro, Jynx
Koga: Surf > most Ice Punch > Crobat
Bruno: surf > all
Karen: Ice Punch > Vileplume and Murkrow Surf > rest
Lance: Slash > Gyarados Ice Punch > Dragonites and Aerodactyl Surf > charizard
Harold Took less than 50 total damage

Off to Kanto now. Should be fast.

Team:

gbg160.gif

Harold
Lv. 64

Surf
Slash
Ice Punch
Hidden Power (Dragon) Soon to be EQ.

Years
Syked - Ponyta (Rapidash), Platinum

So I've started my Powerhouse Challenge file.

-Chose Piplup for good HM Slave, only will need to catch a Macop/Geodude and Starly or flying type.
-Named myself Kyle, named my rival Nick.
-Got Pokedex from Rowan
-Made way through first city and obtained my Poketech.
-Avoided as many trainers as possible on way to Oreburgh City.
-Caught my Ponyta and now going to train a little before I attempt first gym.

Team:

077Ponyta.png

Ponyta, lv. 6 (Female)
Adamant Nature
-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip

Piplup, lv. 13 (Had to go through some trainers before Ponyta, HM Slave)

Last edited:
Years
New progress (Not much) .

-Retraced steps and battled all passed trainers
-Trained, and trained some more.
-Attempted Roark twice now, been raped both times (Can't use Piplup so I just use Water Sport and Growl but he's still a lv. 15 from having to send into battle against Roark)
-Going to have to train more because Geodude's Rock Throw is demolishing me :(

Ponyta.png

Ponyta, lv.15 (Female)
Adamant Nature
-Flame Wheel
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Ember

(Fixed Ponyta's size :) )

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
I would do it, but IDK...

anyway, I technically did this in my sapphire game LOL, I only used my swampert to beat the game...

I might join in with a slakoth, since the slaking has massive attack stats but mawile is steel type, that pwns everything pretty much...

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Quick Update:

Beat everyone on SS Aqua, found the little daughter punk.
Arrived In Vermillion
Beat Lt. Surge, Also found out surf OHKOs magneton.
Traveled to Saffron, then to Celedon.
Destroyed Erika with Ice Punch(es)
Decided I dont want to do Cycling Road because I hate poison types.
Went to Celadon, can't find Misty. Don't care that much to look for her.
Went to Saffron, saved.

Team:

gbs160.gif

Harold
Lv. 70
Surf
Slash
Ice Punch
Earthquake

Last edited:
Years
The enemies in Victory Road are not as hard as I was fearing, but instead I'm having major PP problems because I get attacked each two steps, and running is a waste of time. Maybe I should go with Repels, I'm not going to need all the money for Potions, Full Restores and X-Items anyways.
Graveler is currently level 90.

Years
New Progress :)

-Beat Roark
---It was actually pretty hard, I bought a ton of potions as for Rock Throw was destroying me. I used Pinplup as a decoy so when Ponyta's health was low, I would switch over and use 2 potions on her while Pinplup took damage. Unfortunately this leveled him up again :( but I did eventually beat Roark, after getting through Geodude, it was pretty easy. I got a critical hit Flame Wheel on Onix and Cramidos (Or whatever) got raped because all he used was Headbutt and Pursuit.
-When towards Floroma.
-Beat Team Galatic for the first time (Pinplup evolved due to double battle )
-Just beat Grunts in Floroma.
-Saved.

Ponyta.png

Ponyta, lv.18 (Female)
Adamant Nature
-Flame Wheel
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Ember

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
I would do it, but IDK...

anyway, I technically did this in my sapphire game LOL, I only used my swampert to beat the game...

I might join in with a slakoth, since the slaking has massive attack stats but mawile is steel type, that pwns everything pretty much...
Except fire and fighting...

Back