• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
  • Answer to current topic:

I'm not exactly sure what I would call it, but it would have the power and reliability of Flamethrower and the effect of Will-o-Wisp (100% burn).

Thoughts?

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Can i suggest a question:
    If you could create a Fire-type pokemon, what would he be based on?
    I would make a Koala. I don't know why, i just think a Koala would be awesome.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I suppose I can limit its damage by giving it either low accuracy or Low PP.

Blistering Flare.......hmmmm.........not bad. Not bad at all.

Blisterinf Flare sounds awesome!! IBut if it causes damage and burn 100%, i would give it a pretty low POW and around 80% Accuracy

As for what to base a new Fire-Pokemon on, i would suggest a Kangaroo!! Maybe make it a FIre/Fighting type thats NOT a starter...

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Blistering Flare sounds pretty cool. I'd make it like Dynamicpunch, 100 power, 50 accuracy.

A kangaroo Fire-type Pokémon would be interesting, but I'm pretty worn on Fire/Fighting. I'm a Blaziken purist :P

I'd really like to see a Bug/Fire-type mantis Pokémon, that sounds really cool.

I want a Fire/Poison-type that's some kind of explosive gas...not exactly sure how to do it, but it seems like a cool concept.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Blistering Flare sounds pretty cool. I'd make it like Dynamicpunch, 100 power, 50 accuracy.

A kangaroo Fire-type Pokémon would be interesting, but I'm pretty worn on Fire/Fighting. I'm a Blaziken purist :P

I really like that idea for Blistering Flame! Would make it a high risk high reward move.

Haha yeah me too as you can tell by my avatar, i just think it would be cool to get a Pokemon with that type thats not a starter for once xD

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • hahah nice ones guys, I gust wanted to add we already have Volcarona, but Fire\Poison can be a nice one!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Volcarona is the only one, so it wouldn't be too redundant to have another one, especially if it's very different.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • The mantis I had in mind would be more of a physical attacker with higher speed and defense, but less special attack and special defense. It'd probably look similar to a devil mantis.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ahh, I love Volcarona. <3 It's very easy to utilize. After one Quiver or Feiry Dance, it should be able to start sweeping immediately. Plus, thanks to its Flame Body ability, it has a great chance of crippling physical attackers down as soon as they touch it.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Ahh, I love Volcarona. <3 It's very easy to utilize. After one Quiver or Feiry Dance, it should be able to start sweeping immediately. Plus, thanks to its Flame Body ability, it has a great chance of crippling physical attackers down as soon as they touch it.
    People who don't like volcarona are pretty rare.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, I know. It is four-times effective against rock-types, though, if I'm not mistaken, so you'd have to be sort of careful when battling them. It also gets majorly damaged if Stealth Rock is set up on your side of the field, which, y'know, is a pretty big disadvantage. :(

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Volcarona is a very interesting creature. I love it's typing though, but I've never used one. I caught the one in Black 2 and it's sitting in my box on X, I think I'm gonna take it out and train it up a bit.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Yeah, I know. It is four-times effective against rock-types, though, if I'm not mistaken, so you'd have to be sort of careful when battling them. It also gets majorly damaged if Stealth Rock is set up on your side of the field, which, y'know, is a pretty big disadvantage. :(
    That's why Pokemon Z needs a giga drain TM, so many things that get giga drain only with the trainer in gen5 need it even more in gen6.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Yeah, I was looking it up and saw that it learned Giga Drain only through tutor in Gen V and was like "...whyyyyyyyy?!" Guess I should've waited to transfer it :/

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Yeah, and that's also the only way heatmor can learn it. It would seem the Troll Freak hates fire types.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Ehh, many Fire-types don't learn that move, but they really did drop the ball on that one, it's a good move that a lot of Pokémon could take advantage of.

Back