• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Quest for Mew's Jewel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    OOC: Sorry for my lack of activity...im here now though!!

IC:

Dude, next time think, riding from Lavender Town to Pallet Town is never a good idea...Xaiver thought to himself as he rode slowly into town. I need to find somewhere to stop and rest. Xaiver spoke to himself as he hopped off his bike and walked it up a hill.

"This has been to long of a trip." He spoke out loud as he reached the top of the hill. "Ahhh, there's Professer Oaks lab." He spoke out loud again. "Another mile away! Ugh!" He grunted as he got back on his bike and headed down the road. So, there is something special about my mark. I wonder what it is...I dont know. I mean its wierd that it burns but still what does it mean? Xaiver thought as something hit his side and sent him spralling down the hill. When he got to the bottom he landed with a loud thud.

"What the heck was that!?!?!" Xaiver yelled as he rose to his feet. His eyes rose to the hill. It was a pokemon. It was in a shell. What the heck is that? Xaiver thought as he walked up the hill slowly. 10 feet, 5 feet, 2 feet. Then it popped out its shell.

"Squirtle!" It said as it ran up and jumped onto Xaiver's leg. Wide eyed, he stared at the creature for a while. Why is this thing on me? He thought as he pulled it from its leg and set it on the ground. "Get outa here!" He shouted at it as he turned to walk away. He got half way down the hill and thought to himself, It was kinda cute. I should have kept it.

"SQUIRTLE!!" He heard it agian and turned around. It was right there.
    "Are you following me or something?" Xaiver asked the little creature. It stood there for a moment like it was thinking. Then all of a sudden it jumped on Xaiver's leg agian. "Alright, you can come with me!" He said as he lifted the creature to his sholder, grabbing his bike and hopping back on it.

Well, time to set back out
    , he thought to himself as he headed back
    towards Pallet.

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Zuu... erm, charizard_maa, all of us were outside of the lab except Kaishen's character. Just so you know. ^^;

EDIT: Too... many... Charizard! Actually, I got charizard_maa and Uzumaki's Charizard mixed up. XD

Hiroko
    --------------

It seemed that the door was not open for them yet. However, as Hiroko began to wonder when the Professor would arrive, a boy walked over to the door of the lab with a Charizard in tow. Her eyes narrowed at him, sizing him up as an opponent. Charizard were hard to raise; he must have trained a lot. Hiroko began to wonder how many pokemon all of these people had and thought of her own team of pokemon; a prim Skitty and a burnt Spearow. Well no, the Spearow wasn't hers yet, she had just told it to follow along for treatment.

{That's him!!} spat the very Spearow Hiroko had just been thinking of, {He's the pokemon that did this to me!}

Cupcake's ears perked up, and she looked over the Charizard, {What what? I daresay that Charizard looks like a brute. I never did care for fire type pokemon, they're always so ill-tempered. You say he burnt you? Well, you deserved it. Perhaps he was merely cleaning the world of riff-raff.}

{HOW DARE YOU!} the Spearow sqwaked angrily, {You don't even understand why we fight the Pidgey!}

{Quite frankly I don't care,} Cupcake said cheerfully, {And would you mind stepping back, your rage is causing burnt, filthy feathers to fall near my splendid paws.}

Hiroko had not been paying attention to the two pokemon, but had begun to walk up to the door. She wasn't about to wait around outside if going in was an option. She turned around to see where Cupcake was and saw the two pokemon about two meters away.

"Oh Princess, I'm leaving," she called to the Skitty, "Even if this Oak is not present, I can at least wait in a decent place." With that she gave a last look to a few of the others standing around and then went in through the door. Princess Cupcake and the Spearow looked blankly at each other for a moment and then began to race off toward the door.

{Servant! Wait! This running is not proper for a delicate lady like me!} the cat pokemon huffed as she ran.

The Spearow beside her was still scowling about the Charizard and Cupcake, but there was something about the Skitty. She was so feeble and annoying, but at the same time she had this inner spirit that seemed to never give up. Hiroko, while she came off as cold, still was nice enough to offer him help. What odd people.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Rio approached Oak's laboratory as several other trainers began to enter. Slowing his pace, the crimson-eyed male studied the trainers in silence, noting their appearance, stance, general attitude, and whatever Pokemon accompanied them. From a Charizard to a Spearow that looks like it was attacked by a Charizard . . . Quite the range of people have assembled. Rio's eyes shifted slightly. That Skitty appears to be half-drowned. Judging by its expression, perhaps it wishes it had been drowned fully. Despite his thoughts, the male's expression remained calm and indifferent--as though none of the situation had registered completely into his mind. Moving forward in an almost dazed fashion, Rio entered the lab without ever having appeared to notice anyone else.

Stepping inside, Rio's gaze moved subtly--imperceptibly for any who made no effort to notice--in a search for the one he had come to meet: Professor Oak. Not finding him, Rio remained silent and still for a moment, deliberating upon his next action. His voice quiet and clear, Rio finally spoke, not seeming to be addressing any specific individual. "Where is Oak?"

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    OOC: I edited my post. I misread and thought we were inside the lab.

IC:

Mike was waiting outside with the others that were called by Oak. He already finish his sandwich. He notice on of the people here had a skitty. At once Mike thought that this girl that owned the skitty isn't much of a battler and more of a pokemon as pets. He like the idea of pokemon as pets because that developes a bond between owner and pokemon but Mike felt that only a battle can tigthen a bond between a pokemon and its owner. Still he found the Skitty funny.

Mike then notice that somebody else had a charizard. It looked tough and been in a few battle thought Mike at once. It takes a great trainer to train a charizard and he should know because he has one himself. Still he smiled and decided to show off his charizard. He threw out Char's pokeball and release her. He smiled to her and said, "You deserve a little time outside. Look around and take a look at the other people that are here."

Char gave Mike a smiled and stood by his side. She then let out a small roar.

Mike smiled and said, "Yeah. Some of these guys do you tough but we are just as tough." He then notice a few people were entering the lab. He guessed he might as well head inside too. He said, "Let go inside and see if the lab has changed since the last time we been here." He and Char then followed the others inside the lab.

FullmetalxFangirl

...ily...
    Years
    Presently, the professor approached the small group. A smile spread across his wrinkled features. "Ah, so you were all notified that I needed to see you. You didn't make bad time, either. Can I get anyone a drink?" he asked. "You must all be parched - I hear a few of you have come from as far as Hoenn."
    The lab was very open-plan, and the main room seemed to double as professor Oak's living area. He strode over to the kitchen bench and flicked a switch on the water jug.

Maya looked down at her feet, shuffling into to lab at the back of the crowd. She smiled to herself as the professor mentioned Hoenn. I wonder what my parents are saying now ...
    She had a terrifying vision of her parents when she got back home, and shook the thought out of her mind.
    When professor Oak mentioned drinks, she shook her head, but didn't know why she didn't. No one would notice, anyway. It hadn't taken so long to get to Pallet Town, and she would survive for a while longer.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Oak greeted them with smiled that only he can give and offered them drinks. Mike was nodded and accepted the drink. He was wanting a drink anyways since he did came all the way from Hoenn to be here then the sandwich did made him wanting a drink.

Mike looked around the lab to see that very little has changed. There was an area where Oak handed a trainer's first pokemon and a research looking area. THey were then lead to a living room area. his charizard, Char, was walking next to him. He drank his drink as they were listening to the professor. Mike then saw a little girl in the corner of his eye. Mike thought the little girl looked familar but he couldn't put his finger on where he saw her.

Mike then asked Oak, "So what the big deal that made you call us all here?" He was a bit upset that he was disturbed from his journey to be called here. He then took a seat on a couch.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    OOC: Hahaha. Light Azumarill, your Skitty is so funny. XD Oh crud. I just remembered I returned my charizard but oh well.

IC:
    "Wow... Quite the people..." Yukinari said to Flame as he peered left and right at the assortment of trainers. There was one with a charizard as Yukinari himself, another with a skitty and a spearow, and a few others who had yet to let out their pokemon. Their waiting was over with the sudden appearance of the Professor. Yukinari was about to greet Professor Oak upfront but felt it was a bad time to do so. Professor Oak showed everyone inside before stroding off to his kitchen to make refreshments for those who wanted one. Yukinari walked inside with no hesitation for he remembered the large building.

"I guess we should wait here in the main room, Flame and Melody." Yukinari said to the large charizard and altaria and stood by the large couch.

{Wow. So that's the professor, eh? Oh I feel so excited!} Melody squealed a bit.
    {Calm down Melody. Don't lose a screw now.} Flame blurted to Melody.

FullmetalxFangirl

...ily...
    Years
    The professor coughed as he poured himself a cup of decaffe latte. He sat down in a large, plush chair and indicated the mis-matched chairs that were dotted around the room. "Please, take a seat," he said distractedly, as if trying to think of what to say.
    His expression changed to one of a distant pain as he began to speak. "A few of you may know of the legend of Mew. Not the story that people made up, but the real story." He took a sip of his coffee. "To make a long story short, there are fourteen orbs that contain the power of fourteen 'lesser' legendary pokemon - zapdos, articuno, moltres, raikou, suicune, entei, lugia, ho-oh, registeel, regice, regirock, groundon, kyogre and rayquaza." His eyes flicked from person to person as he rattled of the names of the concerned legendaries. "Supposedly, a Jewel was also made. It is said to contain the power and soul of mew iteself. While each orb has power over just one legenary, the Jewel is said to control all of them.
    You will know, of course, that the legendaries control the balance of the world. If one or more of them is distracted from its duty, the world will be plunged into chaos. And if all of them were to be disturbed ... perhaos our world would cease to exist." His tone was dark, as if he were telling a scary story. But this was no story.
    "Right now, there is a bounty hunter who seeks the power of the legendary pokemon for himself. He knows the legend, but you know humans - think they're bullet proof. In any case, each of you are special. You are unique, because each of you has been marked by one of the legendary pokemon, so it will be up to you to save them. To save the world."

Maya noted that when the professor mentioned about humans believing they were 'bullet-proof', he spoke as if he weren't one. She said nothing, but looked around, waiting for the verdict of the other people in the room.
    As she did, the marking on her shoulder twinged - it didn't burn, and it wasn't painful, but it was definitely trying to tell her something. Time was running out - she would have to hurry if she wanted to do anything. However, thinking logically, she decided that it was best that she waited for professor Oak's suggested course of action. She was still young and inexperienced, while the professor was an expert on all pokemon, and a wise and intelligent individual. Not to mention old. She allowed herself a soft chuckle at that.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I stared unblinkingly at the Professor, my hand writhing whilst that accursed tattoo seared with burning heat. I took no attempt to hide the digustingly twitching hand, and simply wondered what had obliged me to 'save the world'. Other then get rid of this burning sensation that was surely paralyzing my entire arm. Simply put, it was no ordinary burning, because my glove was not burning as well...which meant that it was not burning from fire or heat, contrary to my human flesh and blood's painful belief.

<'Wow, we get to be heroes Vally!'> Xora chirped cheerfully, <'Isn't that amazing? All these years of training and you've finally redeem-'>

"Shut up." I hissed coldly, still not taking my calculating eyes off of the Professor, making it seem as though I had told the old geezer to shut up. Ah well, no matter, as long as I personally knew the truth, I was sure an "Wise Old Man" like Professor Oak might catch the drift that I was reprimanding Xora, by Xora's rather humiliated expression. But, then again, age really does catch up with you... "When will the burning stop?" I asked coldly, demanding an answer simply with the tone of my voice. It was no wonder I'd been thown in prison, what with my attitude towards life, but really, could I help it if I was simply my personality?

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Mike was listening to the professor's story on Mew. He had heard many stories about the Legendary pokemon Mew but his was he hasn't heard about. He heard bits and pieces of this legend but never like this before. Still he had no idea about his involvement in the legend. Mike nodded at the idea of him doing something like saving the world. He looked at Char and whispered to her, "Looks like we going to have to postpone our journey." He then felt a burning sensation on his top left arm. He quickly grip that part of his arm with his right hand. He never felt a burning feeling like this before. He bit his teeth in pain.

Char looked at Mike with concern. She walked over to his side and touch the spot where MIke was gripping.

He then heard what another person asked the professor. He looked at him and then at the professor "So yeah. That what this mark meant this whole time? The pain too? So which Legendary have each one of us been marked with? When will this pain go away too?" Mike said that with a nicer tone then the guy before him asked.

Still Mike knew the answers to these questions already. By noticing Oak while he talked he saw that Oak was looking at Mike when he metion the Legendary named Groudon. The red ground type Legendary pokemon said to be hidden and sleeping away from mankind. As of his other question and the cold person's one he knew that the pain will only go away once this ordeal with the bounty hunter was done. Still he waited for what Professor Oak had to say.

OOC: Editted. Need to read more and not assume things...

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: The guy. The guy before him asked. The cold guy. Boy. Male. Man. Whatever you wanna call HIM. xDDD Vallewida, is male.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Yesh, I love my wittle Princess Cupcake. X3

Hiroko
    ----------------

Hiroko almost laughed at the boy who asked where Oak was. She wondered the same thing herself, but why would any of these people have known? Obviously they had all traveled here from somewhere else, and so they would have no more idea than he would about where the Professor was.

Princess Cupcake and the Spearow were standing at Hiroko's feet, both rather silent at first. The Spearow looked at the pink cat with a slight frown.

{Um, so you're name is Princess?} he asked her, seeming confused about her title-like name.

She turned her head to look at him, though this only made her nose scrunch up from the sight, {No no you poor beast, my full and proper name is Princess Cupcake. That human girl, a servant to me, enjoys calling me the wrong name. She thinks it funny to torture me while we are away from her mother, who is also my servant. I tell you what is a person to do?}

After that long and rather strange answer, the Spearow decided not to comment on how backwards it sounded to him, for fear of having to hear more of it from her. There was only so much his brain could take in a day. Instead, he continued to glare at the two Charizard that were now in the room.

Hiroko watched as Professor Oak entered and instructed them to sit down. He had also asked if they wanted anything to drink, but Hiroko simply wanted to get down to business. She made to sit in a dark blue chair, but heard a yelp as she decended and shot back up.

There in the seat was Princess Cupcake, as if she had been the one instructed to sit. The Skitty frowned, {How dare you Servant! Your large human bottom would have crushed me!}

"If only...," Hiroko mumbled, and decided to instead remain standing. She thought it better than having a pointless fight with a cat.

Professor Oak then began to tell them of why they were here. Hiroko thought of her mark, which was on her thigh, and how she had always been curious. She did nothing to cover it up, and her mother often used the excuse that it was a tattoo of some kind that she had gotten without permission. Hiroko had asked her mother about it countless times in the past, but her mother had always found a way to brush the subject off. Nowadays she just simply answered with the comment of: "I will not dicuss this with you."

As Oak spoke of the marks, Hiroko's gave off a strange itchy feeling. She tried to ignore it, thinking it would look silly to itch it as he was talking about it.

She listened to this explanation of his with interest, but all it sounded like was a big fairy tale. Legendaries? Jewels? What was all of this nonsense? Hiroko liked to believe in the concrete, the here and now, not some flim-flam about gods and legends and marks. The only thing that made sense was the comment about the bounty hunter. It was just like a human to go after some stupid story in hopes of it being true so that they could attain ultimate power. Ultimate power; when had THAT ever been achieved?

The girl brushed her long black hair over her shoulder again as several others began to question the Professor for details. Hiroko almost felt like laughing again; they actually believed all of this? They really thought they were unique and special? What egos.

She shook her head as she addressed them. "Are you serious? You believe this Professor's fairy tale? Why couldn't this just be coinsidence that we have marks on us; why must it be part of this legend? And here I was, thinking this trip would be worthwhile," she said, still shaking her head.

Cupcake sat in the chair, eyes practically open, staring up at Hiroko. That girl and the others, chosen by the legendaries? Could it really be true? If the world was in their lame, human hands then this was very serious. The Spearow, now standing on the arm of the chair Cupcake was in, suddenly felt as if he were in the presense of the gods themselves. He was confused, but if the legendary pokemon felt these humans were worthy, then he would have to as well.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Silently declining both a seat and a drink, Rio opted instead to lean against one of the laboratory walls, his scarlet eyes watching the professor from behind his pale bangs. Listening to the Professor's tale in his usual, indifferent manner, the crimson of the the trainer's eyes deepened and intensified--a sign that Rio was thinking. As Oak's explanation progressed and he mentioned the symbols, Rio's hand automatically lay itself on the cloth that covered his mark. Then, as a strange sensation passed through the symbol, Rio's grip on his arm tightened slightly.

Turning toward Hiroko as she spoke, Rio listened calmly as she voiced her opinion. True, Oak's story had been strange and--at best--doubtful. Tales of the elder world and rumors of the legendaries circulated easily throughout the Pokemon world since humans often hungered for such information and readily accepted the prospect of power. In the minds of most trainers, however, if Oak said something, his word was final.

For a moment, Rio said nothing. Piercing and unrelenting, his ruby eyes studied Hiroko carefully. Then, having seemed to finally decide to speak after careful deliberation, the male addressed her--turning away toward room's opposite wall as he did so.

"Doubts regarding the story come easily to me, especially in wondering why any of the legendaries would choose me to represent them." Rio's voice was cold and emotionless, though becoming tinged with ill-hidden bitterness at the word "me" as though he hated the mere thought of himself. "A certain experience comes to my mind repeatedly, however--an experience that always caused me to ask a question that I never found any possible answer for until now. I do not know the circumstances of any others present here, but I was not born with my mark. I discovered its existence for the first time several years ago after a car accident. Everyone else in the accident died. And, for more than three minutes, I was legally dead. Before the accident I did not have the mark. That I am sure of." Despite his flat tone and expression, Rio seemed somehow hesitant to speak of this event. "Whether or not I'm 'chosen', I don't believe I should have been and I suppose I don't actually care too much. But, as for the tale Oak told, I will trust his knowledge as a professor. Besides . . . "

Rio's eyes closed as he recalled the tone and words that had passed between Hiroko and her Skitty. Her appearance, her Pokemon, what she had said to the Professor--all of it returned to Rio's memory. Having the presence of a Pokemon she would rather have been without as well as an injured, weaker one would indicate that her Pokemon were incredibly stubborn, she was inexperienced as a trainer, or she had no Pokeball to contain either Pokemon. More than one option was also possible. Considering the strength of her Pokemon, she had probably started training recently. Perhaps her travel to Pallet Town had been her first journey, maybe directly from her home town. She and her Skitty were considerably more familiar with one another than either had been with the Spearow. Had she known her Skitty at home? Most trainers chose a starting Pokemon, but it was clear she would have chosen another one if she could have. These thoughts and more raced through Rio's mind in an instant, none of them apparent behind his calm demeanor.

"I don't know too much about you. But, with you being so ready to come here despite being with a Pokemon you loathe, there must have been something you loathed more that you were leaving behind. Are you ready to return to that?"

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years

Hiroko
    -----------------

The girl took a moment to look over this boy who had suddenly addressed her. He was not cheery and generic, as many other people in the world looked, but something more like herself. She appreciated the fact that at least one other person in this room was finding this story hard to believe.

She stood silently as he spoke of the circumstances surrounding his mark. Somewhere in her mind, a memory flickered; one that made a chill from the cold go up her spine even though it was not cold.

Cupcake watched her carefully.

Hiroko tried her best not to show outward signs of this sudden memory, for it was not a happy one, and mostly reminded her of the dysfunction of her family. He then went on to guess that Hiroko would not be one that wanted to go home. The boy's final comment didn't make her angry, on the contrary, it caused her to smile.

"How astute of you to notice," she said to him, "Yes, I do hate my family and would want nothing more than to get away from them." She paused, and then looked at Oak, "Okay, I'll accept your story for now."

{Pfft! I say!} Princess Cupcake hissed lowly in Rio's direction, {You've it backwards, human; I am the one who has to put up with something I hate! Although... if the legendaries chose her....}

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Mike looked at the black haired girl with the skitty and smiled. He then said, "Well I happen to find this Professor's fairy tale ok. I mean this is the only sane explaination on this mark that I have recieve in the last five years. I know it isn't a tattoo because I hate tattoos." Mike was still holding on to his left arm. The stinging pain was hurting him so much and Mike wanted to know why.

Char was watching Mike in pain. SHe wanted to know what she could do to help Mike but she didn't know what was happening to him.

Mike saw the worry on his charizard's face and said, "Don't worry Char. Its ok. I survive like always. Its nothing." Mike knew that the nothing part was a lie but he didn't want her to worry to much.

Mike then looked back to the black haired girl her that she accpeted the story too. He then looked at her and said, "So it hurting right now right? You know what I talking about." He then looked at the other two guys and said, "You guys too? Still how much?" He was wondering if the others were having as much pain as him.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    After listening intentively to Professor Oak's tale, it was a bit hard to swallow but Yukinari tried hard to devour the knowledge he had just gained as well as believe in it. Flame nodded at the story but with a look of confusion while Melody just glanced at the professor at utter amazement. Yukinari's "scar", which he likes to call it, had begun to sear and burn wildly on his hand causing him to grip it tightly in hopes of reducing the mental burning. The girl with the Skitty and Spearow, Hiroko, and the boy with the cold and emotionless voice, Rio, had begun a small clash of opinions and the other boy with the charizard, Mike, had also joined in. Yukinari felt he had to say something as well so he gathered up all his courage and stepped in.

"I know this is hard to believe all at once... but what if it's true what the professor says... If I really am one of the chosen... Well, I don't know about you guys but I'd rather go out and do something than just wait for a..."bounty hunter" to gain this "ultimate power" and use it for his selfish greed for power and total control... Do you guys feel like being under the command of some stranger? Because I sure don't." Yukinari stopped there and felt he had sounded his opinion enough and turned back to both of his odd pokemon.

{Well said Master Yukinari. I felt so moved by it.} Melody whispered.
    {I got lost in all that ultimate power stuff again but I'll do anything to help out. Trust me.} Flame said and grinned.
    "Well... it wasn't too good but I hope that will help them think about things." Yukinari went to the nearest wall and leaned on it while gripping his hand at the sudden pain once more.

Last edited:

FullmetalxFangirl

...ily...
    Years
    The professor sat quietly, allowing everyone to speak their minds and sort it out between themselves before clearing his throat. There was still one question left unanswered.
    "Well, I'm glad we've sorted that out," he said in a slightly offended voice, although this was overly exaggerated. Oak knew that the story was far-fetched, and kids these days would looked forscientific explanations for everything. "But-" He indicated Mark. "-you still who do know whom has marked you. Neither do I. The legendaries have marked you in their own style. Some may be similar, and some may be undefinable. However, when you come into close range with your 'legendary partner', so to speak, or the orb that corresponds with your partner, you will know. I don't know how - this happened once before, a long time ago. That group succeeded, but the signs they recieved from their partner differed. Perhaps a very powerful burning sensation, or perhaps you may recieve a small share of your partner's power. Either way, there will be no doubt when the time comes." He finished with a very matter-of-fact tone. "I also believe that most of you are experiencing high levels of pain, or stinging or itching sensations. This may be because you are in close quarters with the other 'chosen ones'. Those who went before you seemed to feel the same way."

Maya listened intently to the conversation. She had had her doubts as well, to be sure, but what other logical explanation could there be? The mark stung, and as she pulled down the sleeve of her jacket to take a closer look, she noticed that the colours around the edge were flashing bright than they had been previously, and still in the colours of the rainbow. She assumed that this would be the mark of ho-oh, the 'rainbow pokémon', to quote the pokédex. She still said nothing, even at Mike's question, but just pulled her sleeve back up, rubbing her shoulder.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years

Hiroko
    ------------------

The others said that the story was hard to believe, and yet they still believed it. Hiroko didn't really know what to think of that. How could someone believe that legendary pokemon had 'marked' them? Granted, the circumstances around her mark were strange, but she didn't recall any grand bird pokemon rising above her and marking her thigh with some magic. Faith... it was something that seemed so bizarre to her.

As she thought of the mark, she noticed it tingling and itching. It was as if it were urging her to accept this story for now and seek proof later. 'I will, I have already said that,' she thought to the mark, 'So leave me be. Ugh... I am talking to a mark.' She shook her head ever so slightly, and told herself to never speak to the mark again unless she wanted to join the loony bin.

As for which legendary pokemon had marked her, Hiroko could not guess. In all honesty, she really didn't care. What did it matter if she was marked by Lugia or Celebi? It was all the same to her.

"So what is it we do now? I don't suppose you would know where we should go, Professor?" Hiroko said, wanting to get this show on the road. If there was danger as they all clearly believed, then they needed to get going fast.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I stared blankly at the Professor before shaking my head, "Unfortunately, I don't have time to do your chores. Is our only reward for doing this tedious task, 'saving the world'?" I asked, leaning back on the wall and folding my arms. The Professor said something about unique marks. And that other remark about being close to the other chosen ones...it had better have meant physically, because I sure as hell wasn't interested in befriending this group of ragtag trainers.

<'Come on Vally! You're so selfish!'> Xora whined, shifting underneath me, <'I wanna be a hero!'>

I ignored my idiot pokemon for what seemed like the millionth time. My tattoo...it was easy to tell which legendary set it belonged to, what with the three red dots in the center, but otherwise, it was simply black and lines stretched from the red dots to my finger tips. It was simple, yet it paralyzed my entire hand when it burned. If the burning happened when I was around these people...why the hell was I here?!

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Because . . . we are near the other 'chosen ones'? Rio remained leaning wordlessly against the wall, deciding he had said enough already and instead satisfying himself with listening to and observing both the professor and the "chosen ones." His scarlet eyes moving slightly as his gaze travelled from trainer to trainer, Rio silently considered Oak's words. If the burning sensation would remain while they were in close proximity to one another, then journeying or even waiting as a single group would hardly seem logical. Still, how many other mark-bearers were necessary to cause the symbols to react, Oak had not mentioned. Rio's grip on his arm further tightened as he considered the nature and appearance of his mark. When the mark had first appeared, snow had been falling steadily upon the scene. Was this significant or merely coincidence? Also, a certain part of the symbol had seemed familiar--as though he had once seen it in a book.

As his attention shifted from the mark to the other trainers, Rio's eyes fell half-closed--reviewing their respective words and attitudes. Some still seemed more ready to believe the situation than others. Similarly, some were more willing to complete the task Oak, or rather the legendaries, in theory, had assigned them. Thinking about what Vallewida had said, Rio found himself wondering what else the trainer would spend his time doing. Was his life so busy? He hardly seemed that type of person. And, if his goal in life was strength or power, then seeking the legendaries would seem a good opportunity. Still, people were not always as they appeared. Thus, after briefly casting his gaze over those present, Rio's eyes lowered, and he chose to remain silent.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back