• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2014
    Thank you! :D I'd say it took longer to get a team than it will to beat the game lol, but I can't get my first until Mt. Moon. Only one I've ever used before is Typhlosion, so this outta be interesting.
    Team confirmed.
    EDIT: lol, just realized I get to fight Misty's gem with nothing but an Aron... Or if Aron can muscle his way up cerulean cape, I can get a cyndiquil and carvannha XD Best chance I have is water vs water...

Game: X
    National Dex : yes
    Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFE: yes
    Restrictions: none
    Lets play for funNNNnNnNNNNNNNNN! Can ya help me:D? Thanks

Years
  • Game: X
    National Dex : yes
    Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFE: yes
    Restrictions: none
    Lets play for funNNNnNnNNNNNNNNN! Can ya help me:D? Thanks

For you I got: Vileplume, Braviary, Ampharos, Cherrim, Emboar, Probopass

EDIT: Editing so I don't have to double post. I'm calling it a night, if anyone needs a re-roll from a team I gave, feel free to have anyone do it in my place. I'll only cry a little. I started 10 hours after my enrollment, so I'm a little further behind in the game than I wanna be but: Update 1
    After mercilessly knocking out all the swarms of pidgey near viridian town, my smoochum KO'd my rival's team and we breezed through Viridian Forest. Brock laughed off my Smoochum as Rock>Ice, but after a little training Smoochum froze him in his tracks. We rushed forward to Mt. Moon, skipping trainers, and caught an Aron. Retracing my steps, I used Aron to crush the dreams of all the other new trainers I had passed by originally. After wandering aimlessly through Mt. Moon, we cleared it and made it to Cerulean City. My rival was a meanie and beat my Aron down, so I evolved him into Lairon and crushed him and his Magby. Caught my Carvanha and got my Cyndaquil. At this point, Misty keeps beating me, but soon my Sharpedo will show her who the real water master is! It's weird having lv 30+ pokemon at the second gym...
    Current Team:
    Lairon - Level 36 Headbutt/Mud Slap/ Iron Tail/Iron Defense
    Ignatius (Quilava) - Level 19 Ember/Smokescreen/Quick Attack/Leer
    Wraith (Carvanha) - Level 22 Crunch/Leer/Scary Face/Bite

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Guys, I shouldn't have to merge three sets of double posts in the span of five minutes. If you have more to add, you need to edit the previous post.

ThinkingwithPokemon

Challenger
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2018
    Random Pokemon Challenge Log #1

Named my trainer. His name is "Guy".
    Got Charmander as my starter.
    Was able to hack in Aerodactyl. Named him "Oh, he".
    Also hacked in Beldum, named him "Iron".

That's all for now. I'm currently grinding.
    P.S. My name is officially ThinkingwithPokemon

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
  • Update #1! Whole team: Floatzel, Staraptor, Drifblim, Blissey, Snorlax, and Quagsire.

Started the game and picked the female character, as requested by Necrum. Named myself Tonila and my rival Delvin. Picked Chimchar as my starter, and caught Stary ASAP. Grinded Starly to a Staravia, then realized I wouldn't be able to beat Roark with just Staravia so I traded myself a Buizel from my Platinum. Beat Roark, then used Staravia to grind through the Valley Windworks portion of the game, and proceeded to catch myself the Drifloon. Beat Gardenia, and figured I'd call it a good stopping point to update!

Current Team!

Kirozane the Staraptor, Level 24
    Griffy the Buizel, Level 16
    Slendy the Drifloon, Level 22

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Updated through post #368.

Random Pokemon Challenge: Emerald
    2/8

So I beat Brawly and caught 2 of my team. The Mawile was caught on Ruby because screw waiting til Victory Road for one! Anyway, it took me forever to beat the second gym and I wanted to throw my GBA across the room by the time I did. Not going to post team info because too tired.

ThinkingwithPokemon

Challenger
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2018
    Am I allowed to hack in a lucky egg to help grind? It's getting boring, just grinding all the time. If I am, I will not use it in normal battles, only when I grind.

Years
  • Update 2:
    Today's progress wasn't as much as I would have liked. Apparently by the time I beat Misty with my team of type disadvantages, I was extremely overleveled, which made grinding terrible. I realized Lairon would rust if put against Misty alone, and training to Aggron this early would be ridiculous, so I evolved Wraith into a Sharpedo. Safe to say, Misty will never swim in the ocean again. No trainer could stand against me, I cleared the S.S..... boat place, with hardly a scratch from my rival. I knew Surge wouldn't stand a chance against my Lairon, so I decided to play nice and start with Sharpedo. He ticked me off with thunder wave though so I destroyed him >:D. I had to catch Kanto pokemon to get Flash, though I doubt I'll ever use it. I'm in Ceridian, planning on getting the next two members of my team tomorrow after going down cycling road to the safari zone. 3/6 of my team obtained. 3/8 gyms beaten so far... The team:

Wraith (Sharpedo) Level 40 Crunch/Slash/Scary Face/Bite
    Ignatius (Typhlosion) Level 40 Flame Wheel/Crush Claw/Quick Attack/Cut
    Umbra (Aggron) Level 42 Headbutt/Rock Slide/Iron Tail/Protect

Last edited:

ThinkingwithPokemon

Challenger
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2018
    Sorry, no item hacking allowed.
    Okay then. At least I still have the speed button.

Random Pokemon Challenge Log #2

Not much done.
    I got a teddiursa for Ursaring, at least.
    I had to grind the whole time. It's really hard to grind when Iron's level rate is really slow.
    Now I have to grind with Teddiursa. As least his isn't slow.

Team:
    Lizard the Charmander, Lv.11
    Oh, he the Aerodactyl, Lv.8
    Iron the Beldum, Lv.8
    Teddy the Teddiursa, Lv.3

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's summer and I said I was gonna do this! Cue sorta-kinda-somewhat ultimate random!

Forum Username: Jak
    Game Version: Yellow
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: Kanto Dex obviously
    Restrictions: No trade evolutions or non-Yellow exclusives (I am playing a cart and have no cables)
    Previous Progress: No

Starting with Kanto, of course. Will probably begin tonight or Thursday after work. :) Looking forward to this! It's my favorite challenge and I had to drop the last one I did.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • It's summer and I said I was gonna do this! Cue sorta-kinda-somewhat ultimate random!

Forum Username: Jak
    Game Version: Yellow
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: Kanto Dex obviously
    Restrictions: No trade evolutions or non-Yellow exclusives (I am playing a cart and have no cables)

Starting with Kanto, of course. Will probably begin tonight or Thursday after work. :) Looking forward to this! It's my favorite challenge and I had to drop the last one I did.
    You drew Raticate, Golbat, Machamp, Cloyster, Rapidash, and Vaporeon!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't know why I deleted my post, Jesus. Anyway, team looks good. Looking forward to it! In other words, I'm confirming it. Wee hee.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Updatemanatemanate!

Spoiler:

The Team
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Time for Update #3:

I took time my time going and beating all the trainers surrounding the saffron area, as well as taking down the wannabe martial artists in Saffron's gym. I beat down the grass trainers of Ceridian's gym with Sharpedo just for the fun of it, and used Aggron and Typhlosion to crush Erika herself. I sped past the scary men on bikes on Cycling Road and went to the Safari Zone to catch the next two members of my team: Clair the Exeggcutor and Roo the Kangaskhan. I trained them up and taught Clair psychic for the poison gym. Koga was very annoying... After beating him I Surfed down and got my final member: Penumbra the Mantine. Once Mantine has caught up to the rest of my team I shall reclaim Saffron City from Team Rocket, and show them how weak they really are. Gyms= 5/8 Team= 6/6 :D

The team:
    Umbra the Aggron Level 50 Headbutt/Rock Slide/Iron Tail/Protect
    Wraith the Sharpdo Level 50 Crunch/Slash/Scary Face/Surf
    Clair the Exeggutor Level 50 Psychic/Leech Seed/Stun Spore/Giga Drain
    Roo the Kangaskhan Level 50 Strength/Fake out/Endure/Reversal
    Ignatius the Typhlosion Level 50 Flamethrower/Crush Claw/Quick Attack/Cut
    Penumbra the Mantine Level 35 Surf/Bubblebeam/Supersonic/Take Down

PS: Other people are telling their trainer's name but I didn't. I am Strider

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    Forum Username:ThePokemonGuardian
    Game Version:Emerald
    Number of Pokemon:6
    Exclude NFEs: No
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: Only Pokemon found in game

Years
  • Forum Username:ThePokemonGuardian
    Game Version:Emerald
    Number of Pokemon:6
    Exclude NFEs: No
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: Only Pokemon found in game

You got : Grumpig, Corsola, Regice, Wynaut, Breloom, and I drew Igglybuff the first time, but it's a baby pokemon, making it pretty much useless, and in the hoenn games, Jigglypuff has been nearly impossible for me to catch both genders of, so if you want to swap, I re-rolled a Girafarig

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back