• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Now how do i get most of the Pokemon, i am ready to begin

Well, you said you're playing Emerald, I haven't played it in a long time since my cartridge is corrupt, but the Pokemon shouldn't be too hard to get. Grumpig evolves from Spoink, which can be found on the mountain area as you head down to Lavaridge. Breloom evolves from Shroomish which can be found near the beginning of the game in the forest on the way to Rustboro City. Wynaut hatches from an egg you're given in Lavaridge. Regice isn't unlocked for a good while into the game unfortunately, you need Dive and have to solve a puzzle. Jigglypuff* can be found when you Surf north from Rustboro to a special little route, or if you want Girafarig, it's in the Safari Zone. Corsola you can get from fishing at Evergrande city.
    A lot of the Pokemon I rolled are later in the game, but Breloom really shouldn't have any trouble soloing the first 3 gyms. I feel kinda bad giving you the team now that I see how far out the pokemon are lol

* I drew Igglybuff, which you get from hatching an egg from a female Jigglypuff

Years
  • Well what do i do for the beggining of the game? and what do i do for my starter?

You pick whatever starter you want and use only it until you catch your shroomish. Then you use the shroomish/Breloom only. You can hack the farther out pokemon into your game if you know how, but I know nothing about hacking so I can't help with that, Sorry. You add the rest in as you catch them.
    EDIT: Update 3.5- Got Mantine up to level 50, now I have my whole team and all at level 50! It's finally time to kick Team Rocket out of Saffron...

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Random Pokemon Challenge: Emerald
    3/8

I beat Wattson today. He was pretty hard and very annoying. Not much else to say since nothing else of import happened between Brawly and Wattson.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    Or i can hack Shroomish as one of the starters and choose it. And as for the ones that appear late, i can hack into appearing on earlier routes, so i don't have to use only shroomish for most of the game

Last edited:
    Years
  • Breloom is a pretty good Pokemon imo, but that may be easier so you have more variety. I rolled you a pretty hard to get team lol. You may wanna delete wanna of your posts and edit it into the other, double posting is frowned upon XD

Years
  • Alright... Update 4-
    FireRed Omega is harder than I've been giving it credit. After my farming early on, I've breezed through a lot of battles, but since getting all six members of my team, I've been having a tougher time moving on. I sat and bullied bikers to train my Mantine up to level 50 with the rest of my team and had no trouble with the Rockets. Clair took out half of Giovani's team on her own. But then I fought Sabrina. She's a meanie. Her psychic team ripped me off, and it took me a second try to beat her, and it still wasn't easy. I went and beat all the swimmers and even decided to take Articuno down while looking for Ice Beam, which, sadly, is only available at the Game Corner :(. I found the Secret Key in the birthplace of Mewtwo, and destroyed the fire gym using my Sharpedo and Mantine. Bill drug me onto his fancy little boat to take me to One island. Tomorrow I should at least have the eighth gym badge, meaning Friday I may be beating the Elite Four and finishing my challenge :D

The Team:
    Penumbra (Mantine) Level 52 Surf/Bubblebeam/Wing Attack/Confuse Ray
    Roo (Kangaskhan) Level 56 Strength/Fake Out/Mimic/Reversal
    Umbra (Aggron) Level 53 Headbutt/Iron Tail/Rock Slide/Protect
    Wraith (Sharpedo) Level 58 Crunch/Slash/Surf/Substitute
    Clair (Exeggcute) Level 59 Psychic/Leech Seed/Stun Spore/Giga Drain
    Ignatius (Typhlosion) Level 53 Flamethrower/Cut/Counter/Quick Attack

PS: Clair is a beast

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I realize that I signed up a while back, but I'm here now and ready to get this thing going!

Update #1
    Spoiler:

Current Party:
    Spoiler:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Ohey what do you know. Another Updatemanatemanate!

Spoiler:

The Team
    Spoiler:

D3M0NIX

|Dead things go bump in the night|
    Years
  • Forum Username: xXCrazyJXx
    Game Version: Pokemon FireRed Throwback (386 Hack)
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: No
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: Please only first form pokemon, I'd like to evolve them myself. No Legendaries.
    Previous Progress: No

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • IF we were to give you first form pokemon you wouldn't be able to evolve them. You would HAVE to use those first forms only. So I'd say rethink that and then you'll get a team. When assigned a fully evolved pokemon, You're allowed to use the lower forms as long as you evolve it into the final form you're given.
    This is what Kirozane had posted above. It's completely accurate. When you're given fully evolved Pokemon, you start with their base form and evolve them to their highest before the end of the challenge. So decide what you want to do because your sign up is a little confusing.

D3M0NIX

Years
  • This is what Kirozane had posted above. It's completely accurate. When you're given fully evolved Pokemon, you start with their base form and evolve them to their highest before the end of the challenge. So decide what you want to do because your sign up is a little confusing.

Okay, i'll just go with that.

Years
  • I was updating daily, which happened to be a lot more than everyone else, so I decided to just wait until I finished and do a final update.
    Yesterday, I went around islands 1-3, met some guy whose name I don't remember, helped a father find his daughter who was lost in a forest, and chased off some biker punks. I decided it was time to finish my challenge and headed for the eighth gym. Giovana began annihilating my team, but when it got down to Roo and Clair, they swept his whole team on their own. Fake Out+Strength on a strong normal type works wonders and Exeggutor seems to be better than I gave it credit for. I beat my rival and spent weeks trying to get past the Ace trainers in Victory Road, which is only like 30 minutes in game time... After realizing I couldn't use the Vs. Seeker in Victory Road, I decided forget it, let's fight the Elite Four! With my Pokemon in their upper 50s- low 60s, I set into the Pokemon League with nothing but a couple hundred heals and revives... It was gonna be rough. Luckily, I also had a big TM stash as I hadn't used any as I gathered them throughout the game, and, knowing the types of the Elite Four, it wasn't too hard to prepare for each fight. But, it just so happened, in FireRed Omega, your rival gets an almost completely new team as champion, and all his pokemon are around level 70. X_X After taking out the first half of his team, it seemed like he had me beat, until he sent out Walrein and spammed Rest. While he napped, underestimating me I presumed, Roo tanked and I healed my team back to full health. Long story slightly shortened, I won.
    The final team:
    Umbra (Aggron) Level 60 Headbutt/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Dragon Claw
    Wraith (Sharpedo) Level 63 Crunch/Surf/Slash/Blizzard
    Penumbra (Mantine) Level 59 Surf/Toxic/Confuse Ray/Wing Attack
    Clair (Exeggutor) Level 64 Psychic/Leech Seed/Stun Spore/Giga Drain
    Roo (Kangaskhan) Level 66 Strength/Fake Out/Mimic/Brick Break
    Ignatius (Typhlosion) Level 58 Flamethrower/Quick Attack/Cut/Rock Smash

It was my first time ever playing a Pokemon game without Fly. Pretty sure I've only ever used Typhlosion out of the Pokemon on this team before too... Guess there's nothing to do now but sign up for another challenge!

Forum Username: Ranger6w6
    Game Version: Pokemon FireRed Omega (386 Hack)
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: (Hoenn/Johto/Kanto only)
    Restrictions: No Legendaries. No Mantine, it's the only Pokemon I just used I don't want to be stuck with again XD

xXCrazyjXx For you I got: Flareon Parasect Magneton Teddiursa Oddish Seadrea
    View attachment 71978

Last edited:

D3M0NIX

Years
  • Okay i got it all settled now. I hacked in those pokemon all at level 5.

I'll be making updates after every other gym.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Forum Username: Ranger6w6
    Game Version: Pokemon FireRed Omega (386 Hack)
    National Dex: (Hoenn/Johto/Kanto only)
    Restrictions: No Legendaries. No Mantine, it's the only Pokemon I just used I don't want to be stuck with again XD
    You get:

Dragonite
    Omastar
    Breloom
    Dugtrio
    Absol
    Dustox

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Years
  • You get:

Dragonite
    Omastar
    Breloom
    Dugtrio
    Absol
    Dustox

Not bad. Not bad at all.

That's a team I'm happy to confirm lol. I love dragon types, and I get a Pokemon that can use fly this time :) Can also actually get some of my team before the 1st gym this round too. Unfortunately, Absol isn't available until Post-Game, could you re-roll that one?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • That's a team I'm happy to confirm lol. I love dragon types, and I get a Pokemon that can use fly this time :) Can also actually get some of my team before the 1st gym this round too. Unfortunately, Absol isn't available until Post-Game, could you re-roll that one?
    Why did they make a 386 hack if they weren't going to have all 386 in the main game lmao! Heracross is the re roll then.

Years
  • Why did they make a 386 hack if they weren't going to have all 386 in the main game lmao! Heracross is the re roll then.

XD I guess they just wanted to be able to get them all, not caring if it was before or after the E4. Absol is in Cerulean Cave with Mewtwo... Heracross is fine, it's in the Safari, so I confirm my team. I've already gotten Shroomish and Dustox.

2000521Darkrai

Darkrai
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2015
    Forum Username: 2000521Darkrai
    Game Version: Pokemon Emerald
    National Dex: (Hoenn/Johto/Kanto pokemon only)
    Restrictions: No legendaries or wynaut/ wobbufett

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back