• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[The Rant Thread] What pisses you off

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
  • GAINAX projects are quite dead honestly. They've stopped giving a damn a while now, especially after the split they went through after TTGL.

You can see that much just looking at their latest TV shows (the below are just opinions, clearly):
    >Wish Upon the Pleiades: Moe and crap (and sooooo boring)
    >Magica Wars: I didn't watch this but I heard terrible things. Any good opinion on it shall be welcomed.
    >Stella Women's Academy: did anyone even watch this? More moe crap
    >Medaka Box Season 1/2: Season one was terrible, they decided to adapt the most crappy part in a very boring way. Second season was great but by then they had lost too many viewers (and as a NisiOisiN fan) I was hurt. Final conclusion: another manga adapted into anime with no ending.

As a huge fan of Evangelion, FLCL and TTGL, it really saddens me.

Years
  • >Stella Women's Academy: did anyone even watch this? More moe crap
    Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    WHY CAN'T ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS OF ANIME TITLES BE PROPERLY DONE?!

And because I must.
    WHY DOES DUB EXIST?!

BECAUSE PEOPLE STILL THINK THAT, SINCE ANIME IS A CARTOON, IT MUST BE FOR CHILDREN, ERGO, THEY WATER THE TRANSLATIONS DOWN TO BE FOR CHILDREN.

Some More Jojo Ranting
    Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • WHY CAN'T ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS OF ANIME TITLES BE PROPERLY DONE?!

And because I must.
    WHY DOES DUB EXIST?!

I'm not a big fan of dubs but thanks to them I found out what anime was, so I think it's a good thing for kids.

I usually enjoy watching stuff in its original language whatever it is, so it applies for Japanese as well, as long as I have subs, clearly.

So, um, yeah, the Rant thread and the "What pisses you off" thread are basically the exact same thread. I've gone ahead and merged the two threads because of that.

Arigato donavannj-sama TwT

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2017
    the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist Anime Adaptation.

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist Anime Adaptation.

Spoiler:

You forgot to mention

Spoiler:

Years
  • I'm not sure if it's still as prevalent in anime and manga, but the plot of 'guy gets accidentally placed in an all-girl's school' or vice versa, since from there you can pretty much pick out everything that's going to happen.
    Also, conflicting translations in manga due to different companies taking over the process and so you end up with three different names for a single character.

Back