• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Real Chinese

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    HI,I'm live in HK.I found that many members in here don't know which pokemon song in Chinese or Korean and simply say they are rare.
    The fact is that "pokemon" was on-aired in HK/China mainland couples year ago with full chinese translation/subtitle.(In that time I'm studying in primary 4!)
    After 2001,it totally disappeared in public in HK or China mainland because the "pokemon" marketing started to aim at USA/Japan only.
    So you should not find any Chinese pokemon songs nor soundtracks nor movies in current.
    I swear that pokemon songs In CHINESE were no more than 5.
    And here is the first pokemon theme song in chinese in 1998-1999.
    https://hk.geocities.com/windows929hk/08.mp3
    Here is the lyric:
    The Real Chinese

Chinese is not like Korean
    In addition,pokemon movies presented in HK are up to 3 Only!!!!!(never in China mainland!!!)

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • *nods* That's interesting. Actually, the song sounds kinda freaky. o.o; But meh, I agree. All of the marketing is aimed at USA/Japan.

Oh, and no links to mp3s~

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2018
    Thats very interesting. From all Chinese and HK songs I have only first Chinese opening and ending, and 3 HK songs. This opening, second Indigo opening (video only), Counting Pocket Monsters, and one other song, that I don't know what. I like them, especially first HK opening. What else Chinese\HK songs exist?

Last edited:

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
  • Thats sad, I really would have been bothered if they took Pokemon off after season 3! But, I live in the US, so I got the full hit of Pokemon! ;) lucky me!
    Oh, your lyrics aren't posted, I would like to see them!

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    you are half right

Yes, you are half right.
    Pokemon appeared in 2004 just for FEW months and all episodes are less than 60 of very earlier season(played in 4:30 pm,right?).But it stopped now.So this could not represent pokemon still "alive" in HK.

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • It stopped in that episode in Kanto when Ash and Co were fighting this Trainer guy. When Ash picked a Pok?mon team that had exactly what Pok?mon Team Rocket had. And then it's on ATV. Isn't ATV still airing it? Last time I watched it it was in the Orange Islands part.

Pok?mon is only selling cards and games in Hong Kong Oh, and the Manga. Losing popularity are we?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • >>Omega II
    Do you read Coco (not Coro Coro)?
    Because if you do, where is the Chinese translated version of Pokemon Special upto?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • www.avid.com said:
    HI,I'm live in HK.I found that many members in here don't know which pokemon song in Chinese or Korean and simply say they are rare.
    The fact is that "pokemon" was on-aired in HK/China mainland couples year ago with full chinese translation/subtitle.(In that time I'm studying in primary 4!)
    After 2001,it totally disappeared in public in HK or China mainland because the "pokemon" marketing started to aim at USA/Japan only.
    So you should not find any Chinese pokemon songs nor soundtracks nor movies in current.
    Here is the lyric:
    The Real Chinese

In addition,pokemon movies presented in HK are up to 3 Only!!!!!(never in China mainland!!!)

ATV shows Pokemon in Hong Kong since 2003!!

This includes episodes from 52Indigo league to the first few of Johto Journeys.

ATV is planning to show Pokemon later in the year.

Also, TVB Q is going to show Pokemon as well, in the near future.

WRONG! it is up to 5.
    4 and 5 are available in DVDs now, quick buy it before it gets all sold!

Hong Kong Pokemon Alliance and Hong Kong Pokemon Village are having group buying these DVDs!!

Get them before they seize all the copies!!

4--雪拉比的時空遭遇
    5--水之都之護神--拉帝歐斯

*nods* That's interesting. Actually, the song sounds kinda freaky. o.o; But meh, I agree. All of the marketing is aimed at USA/Japan.
    Disagree! Pokemon is GLOBAL!

It is very racist of you saying that! =.=

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
  • www.avid.com said:
    Here is the lyric:
    The Real Chinese

I realize that...

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • kohei said:
    >>jynx: "ATV is planning to show Pokemon later in the year."
    Really? O_O
    Of course!!

ATV has got the copyright of Pokemon since 2003!!

Don't people know that? o_O|||

Don't you realise why McDonalds suddenly start to sell Pokemon toys so often?

Don't you realise the posters around?

Stay alert.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • >>jynx
    O_O <oh yeah, I've realized about MCDonalds now!!! No wonder they are selling Pokemon Happy meals....

...but why arn't they showing Pokemon at this moment if they have the rights?
    And what happened to TBV's rights for Pokemon? I liked Ash's voice on the TVB version better...

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • kohei said:
    >>jynx
    O_O <oh yeah, I've realized about MCDonalds now!!! No wonder they are selling Pokemon Happy meals....

...but why arn't they showing Pokemon at this moment if they have the rights?
    And what happened to TBV's rights for Pokemon? I liked Ash's voice on the TVB version better...
    Because ATV has a joint production with cable TV.

ATV buys Pokemon with cable TV (有線電視)
    ATV pays more, so ATV shows first.
    When it finish showing all the episodes they bought, cable TV shows it.

When cable TV shows it, ATV buys more and dubs it.

After cable TV show it, ATV arranges a time to show the new stuff.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    TVB...mystery! No one knows.

Ppl say that TVB has an agreement with Bandai, and only shows Bandai cartoons. Pokemon is not Bandai.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Because ATV has a joint production with cable TV.

ATV buys Pokemon with cable TV (有線電視 )
    ATV pays more, so ATV shows first.
    When it finish showing all the episodes they bought, cable TV shows it.

When cable TV shows it, ATV buys more and dubs it.

After cable TV show it, ATV arranges a time to show the new stuff.

One of my mysteries solved :D
    Hm.... but the Bandai/TVB agreement? I think it's for real...
    (Pokemon is Tomy, btw)

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Shogakukan really.

Tomy is only Pokemon toys.
    -------------------------------
    Nearly all the cartoons in TVB are Bandai.

Apart from those local cartoons organised by Hong Kong Educational Department.

小海白 <--o_O|||
    智多星知多星 <--@@|||
    藍貓 <--@@||| o_O|||| =.= -____-||| AW$^%^&*%I$%^7%&(*)$@@~#####!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back