• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The REAL god of pokemon

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    From what I have read all over the internet, Arcues might be the god of creation. It's kinda like the Greek gods and Titans.

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    While i like mew wayyyyyyyyyyyy more, i think the story explains arceus as the creator of the universe/god. I may not like the thing at all but im pretty sure that it is the god.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Personally I think that Arceus is more like a God in the I created the World sense while Mew is more or less God in the I created the Pokemon sense.

They are both pokemon gods but they both have their different roles.

And if you see it like that then I guess Mew might even be the creator of Arceus but it all depends on your point of view.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    There's a big difference between "ancestor" and "god". Arceus is referred to as "the Alpha Pokémon" because he was the very first Pokémon. He's "The Original One" that shaped the universe with its one thousand arms.

From Wikipedia:
    Its origin is described in a book called "The Original Story" that states Arceus was born from an egg in a vortex of pure chaos before the existence of the universe. It proceeded to create three beings from itself, Dialga and Palkia, which created time and space, and Giratina, which resides in another dimension. It also created Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit, which created spirit, and then went into an everlasting sleep.

So, accepting the facts that while, yes, they're technically Pokémon, but also gods, it's safe to say none of the above can be considered simply mere Pokémon. Same goes for Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. They're more like Pokémon versions of gods and guardian spirits that pre-date Mew.

It's also possible that Azelf, Uxie, and Mespirit created Mew as the first "real" Pokémon; as someone stated above, Mew is the Adam and Eve of Pokémon.

Really I'm pretty sure Mr. Bulbasaur would like to have a word with you on which Pokemon is first...Bulbasaur is the God of all Pokemon...It came 1st and Arceus came 493rd... Clearly Bulbasaur wins...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    ^^ Mew? The first pokemon ever created is one of the hardest, if not the hardest, to obtain :D.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    Did Mew sculpt the mountains and valleys?
    No.

Did Mew fill the oceans?
    No.

Did Mew shower the sky with stars?
    No.

Did Mew invent the laws of physics?
    No. But Mew can alter them...

Mew is only the ANCESTOR of all Pokémon and carries the genetic codes for other Pokémon. Obviously, Arceus created Mew to also carry its genetic code as well, and the genetic code for the Pokémon that was created before Mew.

But, this raises a few questions...
    • How can Mew be related to the Porygon family if Porygon was just recently created by scientists?
    • If Mew carries all the genetic codes for every single Pokémon, then why don't scientists count all the genetic codes to create a definate amount of Pokémon?
      • (If the Pokédex can confirm this, then that means that scientists have already studied a Mew's DNA before and compared it with other DNA from other pokémon meaning they can still search for other Pokémon DNA that they didn't discover yet)
    • If Mew carries all the genetic codes for every single Pokémon, why don't scientists take Mew DNA and create clones? They already do so with fossils, why not Mew DNA?
    But, there's also other questions, like...
    • I'm not a scientist, but can Mew really carry all the Pokémon's DNA? There are many genetic codes, but carrying hundreds of genetic codes in one body!? Carrying hundreds of genetic codes in every single nucleus of every single cell of every single tissue of every single muscle of every single organ of the organism!? Is it even possible!?
    The only logical conclusion would be that Arceus is so omnicient and omnipotent, that Arceus already knew that Porygon was going to be created, so it inserted what Porygon's DNA would be like and inserted it in Mew. Arceus also made it so that it's impossible to count the genetic codes in Mew's DNA and also made it so that it's impossible to clone alternate Mews without making fatal errors(such as Mewtwo). Arceus is also so omnipotent that he/she/it can alter the normal size of DNA so that Mew can store thousands and thousands of genetic codes...

Mew is not god... Mew's just an enigmatic ancestor...

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
    Mew kicks ass. Arceus is just a crap Sinnoh wanna be version of Mew. Arceus cant even learn every move as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying i hate Arceus, but Mew is still the most powerful pokemon in the world. It says so in the first movie. It never says anything about Arceus being the most powerful. Besides, Arceus has a weird voice. Mew makes little meow sounds and doesnt make ou feel awkward.

Really I'm pretty sure Mr. Bulbasaur would like to have a word with you on which Pokemon is first...Bulbasaur is the God of all Pokemon...It came 1st and Arceus came 493rd... Clearly Bulbasaur wins...
    wow thats actually pretty funny. You have ahuge point there. Bulbasaur DID come first. And Arceus DID come 493rd... so he has a point.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Mew kicks ass. Arceus is just a crap Sinnoh wanna be version of Mew. Arceus cant even learn every move as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying i hate Arceus, but Mew is still the most powerful pokemon in the world. It says so in the first movie. It never says anything about Arceus being the most powerful. Besides, Arceus has a weird voice. Mew makes little meow sounds and doesnt make ou feel awkward.

It's such a shame that the anime is never a good source for your pokemon facts. Last time I checked, you couldn't use thunder as armor or aim for the horn. It says so in the first movie because Game Freak didn't plan on going this far with Pokemon.

Fun facts: As new information is gathered, the conclusion might change.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    • If Mew carries all the genetic codes for every single Pokémon, why don't scientists take Mew DNA and create clones? They already do so with fossils, why not Mew DNA?

They tried this with Mewtwo and it took a lot of work to get just that done. And who knows how they bring the fossils back to life.

As for Porygon, one of two things: either Porygon has no DNA and it's really excluding Porygon because it's artificial; or in order to create Porygon, the scientists used some of another Pokemon's DNA.

Also, Mewtwo didn't have a 'fatal error', it went horribly right.

wow thats actually pretty funny. You have ahuge point there. Bulbasaur DID come first. And Arceus DID come 493rd... so he has a point.

Bulbasaur was just the first Pokemon that Pokemon Oak indexed.

AuraGaurdian

Protector of auras
    Years
    It went like this.
    Arceus>mew>all normal pokemon
    mew>humans>porygon
    Humans using mews DNA>Mewtwo
    mew>non Sinnoh legends>land,oceans,continents,darkness etc. etc.
    Arceus>Sinnoh legends>Time,space,antimatter,Knowledge,emotions,willpower

all legible information suggests this solution.Enjoy pondering it.

Last edited:

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
    Years
    Very interesting discussion going on. To me, Pokémon is simply fiction. Therefore, it doesn't have to make sense, just like lots and lots of other existing fiction. Mew was probably intended to be the original higher power in the Pokémon sense. But the developers have been trying to top themselves and expand and expand and expand in order to keep Pokémon fresh for new audiences and such. Therefore, I'm sure down the road even Arceus will have a superior to answer to.

Since Mew came first, I'd stick with him anyway. Same with all the originals. They all came first, anything else after that is just an after-thought by the developers to me.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Yes, in the first storyline of pokemon it was said mew was the most powerful pokemon in the pokemon world, its flesh was apparently part of every pokemon. This may relate to adam and eve, using adams rib to make eve. But these might be rumours.

Maybe Arceus created Mew and used mew to create every other pokemon?

For one thing, we will not know untill Gamefreak tell us.

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    I personally believe in the theory that Mew and Arceus and the other legendaries aren't gods, just extremely strong and rare pokemon that uncivilized savages confused with gods.

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
    I think Arceus is the main God of both pokemon and humans, whereas Mew just reigns over pokemon. My other belief is that Arceus created the universe, but lacked the imagination to create life. So, using t's brain to it's fullest capacity, Arceus managed to create a simple psychic form, in the way of Mew. Mew, able to think and create, then proceeded to make the world as we know it. As in nature, humans ( a maybe) and pokemon, using strands of it's own dna.

Hence, the pokemon world.

Pretty weird though, don't you think??

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I going to go with Arceus is the real god of pokemon. Mew may have the DNA of all pokemoon. But how would he create them hmm...I think Arceus created all of the pokemon and in creating mew he implanted the dna of every pokemon within it. To me it doesn't make sense that if Mew was the creator, he is already carrying the DNa of something nonexisiting. It has to exist first in order for it to carry its DNA. That's my two cents.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years

I swear the only reason for that is when Prof. Oak or whoever created the pokedex found the pokemon he added itt o the list... then the other proffessors added to it?

Mew is the hardet pokemon to get imo,

Arceus was easy as, but mew is qutie a rare pokemon... Ofcourse unless you glitched or used AR.. but im talking about Legitably.

Plus look at Mew, it is one epic looking thing :D
    Arceus has some weird gold things comming out of its sides O_O

If i was offered a pokemon out of Mew and Arceus...

Its clear which one I would pick.

Back